[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am trying to start a western animation shelf but I am quickly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 5bbb328435b92eb5621b9854b619de1b.jpg (496KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5bbb328435b92eb5621b9854b619de1b.jpg
496KB, 1000x1200px
I am trying to start a western animation shelf but I am quickly learning that that won't be easy.
Are there any good cartoon toys not based on glorified toy commercials from the 80's?
I am not too picky about the series or the era.
>>
>>6290720
Mondo Iron Giant from the movie "The Iron Giant"
>>
DCC's Animated Batman stuff isn't bad unless you're a Figma snob.
>>
File: HMF006-DonaldDuck_06[1].jpg (586KB, 723x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HMF006-DonaldDuck_06[1].jpg
586KB, 723x1024px
>>6290720
mickey mouse and friends has some good stuff because of how iconic they are.
>>
>>6290743
Herocross is trash though.
>>
>>6290723
That looks like an amazing figure but I wouldn't have anywhere to put it since it is so fuckhuge.
I'll keep it in mind for when I move to a bigger place.
>>6290740
I have been eyeing those for a while now.
I hear they have really limited foot articulation that keeps them from standing in most poses.
Is that true?
>>6290743
Anything in particular?
I would pick up a reasonably sized/priced Goofy, Donald, Micky, Minnie, or Daisy.
>>
>>6290783
Well...it's less the limited articulation and more that the feet are pretty small. I have mine posed with the stand.
>>
>>6290783
>Anything in particular?
you could pick up the Mickey and Minnie nendoroids, I saw the Mickey one going for 25€ on MFC
>>
There have been some Hanna Barbera toys from Toynami, Jazzwares and McFarlane.
>>
Just dedicate your monies to Adventure Time like a real nerd
>>
File: 1454582009416.jpg (56KB, 926x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454582009416.jpg
56KB, 926x960px
>>6291061
>That Bubblegum
>Rainacorn
>>
>>6290957
Ah.
I have quite a few stands lying around anyway.
Thanks.
>>6290981
Not big on the proportions on these.
I normally don't mind the Nendoroid chibi thing but it makes those two look like fisher price toys.
>>6291000
Most of them are almost statues unfourtunatly.
Does anybody have the Toynami Herculoids, Thundarr, Blue Falcon, or Birdman?
Those look nice.
>>6291061
>Unacceptable.
I do actually like Adventure Time but the toys are universally terrible.
>>
>>6290720
Thanks for reminding me Ill never have a proper toy of the Thundercat.
>>
>>6290720
>I am not too picky about the series or the era.
why bother then.
>>
>>6291398
Highly articulated 1/12 SWAT Kats with an in scale Thundercat is dream tier.
It's a shame that this show is pretty much forgotten about since it is one of the better action cartoons ever made IMO.
>>6291406
Because good cartoon toys are really rare and I can't afford to be picky.
I am just looking for general suggestions and if a series I don't like shows up I just won't look into that figure.
As for the era of cartoon I legitimately don't care since I like cartoons from every era.
>>
>>6291061
Speaking of.
Were any of the Jazzwares Adventure Time toys passable for somebody desperate?
I kind of want a Finn, Jake and Marcey.
>>
>>6290740
>Figma snob
lol where the fuck is that coming from? Figma doesn't even do capeshit. Stop boogeyman-ing.
>>
>>6290720
I have a similar shelf. I have TMNT, Toxic Crusaders, Street Sharks, Earthworm Jim, Savage Dragon and Mighty Ducks figures there. They scale well and the styles are similar enough to look good together.
>>
>>6296650
>Mighty Ducks.
I forgot all about those but they would make for a great addition to the shelf.
Was the cartoon any good?
All I can remember are the surprisingly nice toys.
They look good enough where it wouldn't really bother me to put them next to more posable figures.
>>
>>6290740
Now I want a figma of Batman the animated series Batgirl.
>>
>>6296645
>on /toy/
>hurrr where?
Low quality bait. You're lucky I was bored.
>>
>>6296635
They were beyond terrible. Marcelines can barely stand and many had broken limbs in package. It's that muddy plastic Jizwares uses combined with super thin noodle limbs.
>>
>>6290720
>>6277808

this seems to be nice ones to start
>>
>>6302080
To be fair this is a thread about cartoon toys.
It would be kind of silly for me to be a Figma snob since I think the only western cartoon they have covered is Frozen.
>>6302242
Never seen the show but I liked the old video game.
Not usually crazy about 4 inch scale toys but it doesn't bother me so much with animal people. I will keep them in mind.
>>
>>6302087
Yikes.
Seems like it was also a scale nightmare.
I knew their Regular Show figures were a complete shitshow but I figured I would ask anyway just in case that line was any better.
>>
>>6302898
Let It Go.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.