[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steven Universe toys announced They look like really cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

File: crystal gems.png (457KB, 623x581px) Image search: [Google]
crystal gems.png
457KB, 623x581px
Steven Universe toys announced

They look like really cheap Lego sets
https://mcfarlane.com/toys/series/steven-universe-construction-sets-fall-2017/
https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/854406663373246464
>>
File: 1490921050598.png (51KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1490921050598.png
51KB, 600x550px
>>6287150
Fuck.
I was trying to maintain a sense of cautious optimism about these things since the van looked pretty nice but these look worse than the Funko minis and some look worse than the Original minis.
Peridot got the worst of it which is awful for me because she is my favorite.
And with the show in it's rapid downward spiral these may be the only articulated figures we ever get of these characters.
>>
File: IMG_3084.png (2MB, 1446x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3084.png
2MB, 1446x2048px
>>6287150
They should've put more effort into making them look like actual characters instead of Lego knockoffs. At least it isn't some big-headed chibi shit, but that isn't saying much.
>>
>>6287150
>Meat Beat Mania
can't believe i missed that
>>
>>6287150
>Shit cartoon gets shit toys
Pottery
>>
>>6287150
why is Pearl so fat?
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 480x366px
>>6287179
with all the stick-leg/huge body proportions, we'd just get another line of those Adventure time/Sonic toys
>>
>>6287323
What's up with this? I thought this cartoon was really popular, but whenever I go on /co/ it's just some hate threads. So far I've gotten through the end of season 2 and it's been really good but I can't find a single good thread about it on /co/
>>
>>6287349
>I thought this cartoon was really popular
You should stop going to tumblr and reddit, that's all
>>
>>6287349
it fell up it's own ass with queer and trans metaphors. Like how Adventure Time turned into weirdo adult animators working out their relationship problems
>>
>>6287349
People were turned against it by Nickelodeon viral marketers
>>
>>6287349
It is still moderately popular.
/co/ threads are restricted during hiatuses.
Combine that with a loud hatebase and the show's quality dropping like a rock and it makes things look bleaker than they are.
>>
>>6287349
it's popular with the millennials that believe that being a snowflake is all that matters in life
>>
File: FNAF2.jpg (650KB, 2317x1301px) Image search: [Google]
FNAF2.jpg
650KB, 2317x1301px
Those are still the gimpy prototypes from Toy Fair. They're all hand painted and stickers.

The production figures should look much cleaner, judging by how exact the Five Night At Freddie's figures look.
>>
At least they have poa
>>
>>6287504
>implying the show had any quality to begin with
Top kek
>>
>>6287150
>They look like really cheap Lego sets
Well the design looks really cheap so it's the ideal pairing. A shitty looking cartoon was never going to get some higher quality figures made. Maybe a Jazware if you got lucky. ;)
>>
>>6287150
To be fair, this look like the prototypes.
And even if I would liked they looking a little less "block set" like.
Maybe the final product would look a little better.

I kind of like the Ban set
>>
>>6287693
>>
>>6287150
honestly the macfarlane construction sets aside from the GoT and TWD ones are fucking top.
I'm blown away from the five nights ones and i dont even like five nights.
(I got Chica and the left vent because that was the first time I popped a boner to something non-human)
>>
>>6287751
Are prototypes supposed to look this shitty?
>>
>>6287751
These look like...decent homemade toys carved out of wood. They're decent for that, but pretty atrocious for what's supposed to be a mass-market toy. I hope the final things look WAY better.
>>
>>6287767
yes.
you can even see how Greg have much of the details made with marker.
and the ban is paper glue on lego pieces

thats not how the final product will be made at all.
>>
>>6287150
>Pearl is taller than garnet
>Beefier than garnet

okay, into the trash.
>>
>>6287822
Isn't that just a "perspective zoom in" thing?
>>
>>6287527
goddamn FNAF got some good toys. I can still dream for some good SU ones
>>
File: walking dead recliner.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
walking dead recliner.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>6287762
ALL of McFarlanes lego sets are God Tier, especially the Walking Dead sets.
>>
>>6287822
>transgender mental disorder toys
>okay, into the trash.
>>
I like how McFarlane makes the absolute minimum effort to put out a good product out there and they still manage to sell.

Well, at least its not NECA.
>>
>>6287965
>McFarlane makes the absolute minimum effort
>adding paint to bricks
>complex paint jobs on the mini figures
>have detailed sculpts
>minifigures have more articulation
>high quality molds
>high quality plastic
>pieces fit nice and tight because quality
If anyone is minimal efforts it's LEGO. Only they do the last bit right and that's the only thing that keeps them ahead of MegaBlox, because megablox minifigures are some of the best, despite weakly painted. Their bricks are poor though.
>>
>>6287354
As somebody that still watches and enjoys both shows, am I missing something?

That aside, very sad the new Steven Universe toy line I heard about turned out to not be Figma... oh well, maybe next time (probably not).
>>
Phteven Universe is gay propoganda, it only exists to push your kids into being transgender brats that go out of their way to attack normal white people for simply existing.
>>
>>6288370
Its nice seeing all the new ben10 figs were gettng with fully jointed designs and crisp paint apps
>>
>>6287813
all youre pointing is that the prototype is extremely shitty

As a consumer, seeing this compared to a GS protoype makes me think this was done for a highschool project and repurposed to sell PC shit. The fucking "Ban" looks like was printed at office depot and the paintjob looks like it was done without thinning the paint first
>>
>>6288370
anon they just make an 5 poa action figure and have you assemble it. Same with most of the sets, it's just parts that can only work with that set and limits imagination and creativity. There is no charm to it. They don't understand the charm of the modular brick market and I feel that's their biggest flaw.
>>
>>6288492
Lego is better than mega contruct. They dont even have a bricklink
>>
>cancer universe gets toys
>people still bitch

Spoilt babies
>>
>>6288378
It's just a meme to bitch about the show now until they release another bomb of good episodes and everyone's back to sucking it's dick
>>
>>6287524
This and
>>6287349
popular=/=good
>>
>>6287349
It's actually popular on /co/. Unfortunately there's a very vocal part of /co/ that shitposts about it since it's popular and tumblr-pandering. /co/ threads about new episodes are usually pretty good.
>>
>>6287349
tumblr and reddit have a larger audience than /co/ you know.

just watch whatever the fuck you want and don't let other people form opinions for you, no matter how much they yell at you to be a sheep and only think what they want you to think. love the show, hate the show, never even watch an episode of the show, whatever, as long as you decide for yourself.
>>
>>6287524
I know you don't care, but the show actually pushes viewers to grow up and not stunt their own personal development and has actually offended tumblrites for it.
>>
Could someone explain why this show gets so much hate?

Preferably without using the terms "cuck" or "SJW".
>>
>>6289160
who cares
>>
File: tower set gi joe.jpg (267KB, 1600x1207px) Image search: [Google]
tower set gi joe.jpg
267KB, 1600x1207px
>>6288492
>because the minifigures are so detailed and articulated, that means they put in minimal efforts
>ignores the rest of how much effort McFarlane puts into their sets
One of the best things about McFarlane's sets is taht they're more than simplistic building blocks that look like simple kiddy-looking sets, but also quality dioramas that fit in more than one scale.
>>
>>6287150
>>6287212
>>6287751
I'd say they're fairly accurate to the show. They both look like shit.
>>
>>6289160
I honestly dunno. I guess because the show plays around with sexuality and identity so much and deals so much in emotions, it immediately gets associated with social justice and the disgusting current form of feminism (both of which deserve all the hate they get and then some). Thing is, the show doesn't seem to push those agendas. It doesn't talk about privilege and shit.

One thing I admire the creator for, is rather than bitch about other peoples' art and demand characters be changed to represent what she wanted to see, she did what so many (myself included) say that someone who wants to see certain types of characters in media should do... make your own art with the things you wanna see in it.
>>
>>6287150

Damn it, why do they always make SU toys really shitty?

Just make figures that don't look like shit!
>>
>>6289225
This is a concept unknown to Americans
>>
>>6289160
>Could someone explain why this show gets so much hate?
Because it's fucking shit? Most people still have common sense these days
>>
>>6289225
>why do they always make SU toys really shitty?
See >>6287323
>>
>>6289225

I would buy the everloving fuck out of a 6 inch articulated Peridot with Limb Enhancer Action but all they want to sell me is hideous funko blind bag garbage.

It's baffling.
>>
>>6287349
Toy companies are just run by some really stupid people. I'd say they don't take risks but that's not true. They make way too much derpy shit like this. Because they think good toys would be too risky.
>>
>>6287150
>meat beat mania
I see what they did there.
>>
>>6289208
>Thing is, the show doesn't seem to push those agendas. It doesn't talk about privilege and shit.
That was my take on it too. Steven is a little whiny but most kid characters have some annoying quirk so it's part for the course. Otherwise, it's usually a fun show. I want to say it's tumblr that triggers the alt-right but frankly the alt-right is always triggered. If they want to stew over a cartoon, fine.
>>
>>6289160
It's basically the transgender version of how Chris-Chan (who is, hilariously enough, a transgender) sees himself in his Sonichu comics. People with that mental disorder see the characters as powerful versions of themselves.

I'm honestly really surprised that it hasn't gotten toys yet, considering the basic nature of the designs and the rabid fans.
>>
File: Quality.jpg (49KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
Quality.jpg
49KB, 500x753px
>mcfarlane
>>
>>6287150
>Todd McFarlane makes big fucking announcement
>"McFarlane Toys has changed the face of brick toys!"
>Walking Dead sets use 3d scan data of the actors for figures
>Game of Thrones sets use 3d scans too
>Everything painted, doesn't look like bricks
>Dioramas look amazing
>The price sucks but the sets look great
>Fast forward two years
>Garbage that looks like it should be sold at Big Lots
>shittiest looking brick figures ever
>What happened?
>>
File: my wife.jpg (74KB, 308x200px) Image search: [Google]
my wife.jpg
74KB, 308x200px
>>6290598
mfw I sold 2 of these Daryl figures for $200 a piece a few years ago
>>
>>6287349
it is popular, but it's just as popular to lazily shitpost about it because 'muh tumblr/reddit/sjw/reee' argument instead of actually giving the show a shot.
>>
File: friends.gif (652KB, 540x333px) Image search: [Google]
friends.gif
652KB, 540x333px
>>6287349
The problem is that the show is good but the fans suck, even on /co/.

But the reason people are bitching is because it's often put on indefinite hiatus and when they have Steven Bombs (week long event with a new episode each day), that's the only time stuff relevant to the plot of the show is aired and that's once in a blue moon. Like >>6287504 said, it falls into shitpost central because of the hiatus.
>>
>>6290082
That's actually what's nice about Steven. He starts off as this annoying kid who has this idolized version of his mom. But he's starting to learn that people have to take responsibility for their shit and that his mom wasn't as great as everyone made her out to be. It's pretty nice.
>>
>>6293218

> What happened?

Pre-production photos and concepts. I'm pretty sure these are made and painted by hand, they should look a lot nicer once actually created and released.

And making 2D cartoons into 3D has always been difficult.
>>
>>6295772
The brick figure style started with FNAF, which would have been no problem. The SU designs translate to 3d pretty well, too, except for maybe Pearl.
>>
>>6294214
>the show is good
It's decent. There's far too much filler though and most of the characters become caricatures of themselves after their arcs are over.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.