[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since I don't see a Chogokin thread right now, I figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_8241-11380-872323077.jpg (24KB, 256x328px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8241-11380-872323077.jpg
24KB, 256x328px
Since I don't see a Chogokin thread right now, I figure I'll just throw this out there since I know this figure is pretty popular on /toy/ so someone might be able to help.

Years back, I bought the SoC Big O (GX-48) as my firsy foray into more expensive super robot toys. I've treated it well and it's still in great condition, but the hip joints seem to have become completely fucked up due to its topheaviness to the point where it can stand, but will just tip all the way back or forth without support.

Opening it up, I found that the legs are not attached to the hips via ratchets, but are connected to and swivel at the hip around these flimsy, hollow metal pegs. I tried expanding the pegs with a screwdrive and pushing them back in, but it was just as loose.

Has anyone else had problems with this and actually opened the hip cavity to see this shit? The engineering makes no sense to me and I have no idea how to fix it. I don't have pictures of the joints right now but I can post them later if anyone wants to see how fucked the design is
>>
>>6275842
I can't really help because I own the Max Gokin one instead of the GX-48, but as someone who owns several SoCs you have my curiosity.

>I found that the legs are not attached to the hips via ratchets

That sure is a design fuck up on Bandai's part, figures with heavy limbs should always have ratchets to prevent floppiness.

I also had problems with a SoC hips, the only one I own without ratchets in there is the GX-49 Shin Mazinger and it has a faulty hip because the screw that holds together the joint has no strength, I dissassembled the thing and noticed that the screw hole is stripped.

>I don't have pictures of the joints right now but I can post them later if anyone wants to see how fucked the design is

I'm interested to see how it works, and maybe some anon can give you advice if he sees how the thing is assembled.
>>
>>6275842
I'm curious to see pictures if you get the time. I have Big O as well (though he's currently in the box) so I'm wondering if mine could have issues down the road.

Have you tried coating the pegs in something like Pledge? I have no idea if that would work for something like this.
>>
>>6275842
That's an interesting problem. Here I was concerned about the rubber parts degrading, but if there's an engineering flaw I'll have to keep a closer eye on mine.

As for mine, there doesn't seem to be any hip issues yet, but I haven't really done much with him. I played around with him for a bit when I first got him, but after that he's just been in a display case with all my other Big O stuff.

I wonder if any other SoC's have the same joint system. Would it be possible to swap it with a tighter one from a different figure?
>>
>>6282323
>Here I was concerned about the rubber parts degrading

Does the SoC have rubber? As far as i know the only one with rubber covers on the joints is the Max Gokin.
>>
>>6282330
Ah, you're right. I was confusing the two. Sorry about that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.