[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience with sideshow toys? are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Does anyone have experience with sideshow toys?
are they worth the price?
>>
No.

Yes.

Maybe.

Do you have any other 12 inch collector figures in the $150-$300 range? If the answer is yes and you like them and you dont mind paying, then yes, sure.

If this will be your first figure like that then you basically just need to bite the bullet and buy one or two and see how you feel about spending that much. Do I think they are "worth it"? Not really, but I like them enough to buy a few of them so I don't concern myself with how much money they are.
>>
File: 2623-flint-001.jpg (47KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
2623-flint-001.jpg
47KB, 400x600px
>>6271471

Is that the specific figure you're looking at? Because that one is manufactured by Hot Toys, Sideshow is just the distributor. Hot Toys is probably the best maker of 1/6 scale figures. As far as figures actually made by Sideshow my only experience is a few of the G.I. Joe 1/6 scale figures from some years ago and they were pretty good.
>>
File: Hot Toys.jpg (358KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Hot Toys.jpg
358KB, 1600x1200px
>>6271471
I don't know if any figure is really worth $200, but Hot Toys figures are pretty high quality. Sideshow also offers monthly payment plans if can't or don't want to pay the whole price at once.
I've been pretty satisfied so far what what I've gotten. Pic related.
>>
>>6271471
No, they aren't worth the price. They needlessly increase the price, it's a huge scam. They used to only be $60 when I was a wee laddy.
>>
>>6271578
and the quality was exactly the same right?
>>
Are sideshow toys just hot toys sold by Sideshow.com? I can't tell the difference.
>>
>>6271720
Different companies, but Sideshow helps distribute HT figures in the west. Both produce 1:6 figures,among other things. As far as quality goes, Hot toys is generally the upper echelon of 1:6 figures, though other companies can match them. Sideshow is generally mid tier, maybe upper mid tier. They improve frequently, but still not the best.
>>
>>6271471
cant wait for figuarts to try their hand at the snow trooper. This kind of scale sideshow do is just too big and its more like a antique to me. A good articulated 6 inch scale is what you want so come on over to the figuarts or figma topics; you wont regret it .
>>
>>6271719
OOHHH THEY IMPROVED THE FACE SCULPTS and that justifies the $220 price tag? I mean that's more than a 200% price increase
>>
>>6271768
well i mean they were making figures with quality similar to GI joes back then and now they TRY to match current hot toys quality and they get kinda of close. somewhat overpriced though still but its about right
>>
>>6271471
>Does anyone have experience with sideshow toys?
I don't.
>>
>>6271577
>Captain america, Indiana Jones and Scarlett Witch.

Are you me?
>>
>>6279565
I don't think so, but you have great taste.
>>
File: IMG_20151021_175521.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151021_175521.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
Sideshow can be hit or miss. I have their Grevious and he's amazing, same goes for their White Boba Fett.

However, their non Star Wars stuff can be really rough...

Their website and customer service is great
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.