[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Been watching Samurai Pizza Cats all weekend >wonder if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

File: few96420_5_1461806059.jpg (70KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
few96420_5_1461806059.jpg
70KB, 600x450px
>Been watching Samurai Pizza Cats all weekend
>wonder if it ever got any cool toys
>find pic related
>$140
But why? Is all ES Gokin stuff this overpriced? That's a hefty tag for a figure that's barely 5 inches tall.
>>
You're just a poorfag, go buy NECA crap
>>
ES Gokin is a high end collector's line. They're all expensive.

It is pricey compared to Bandai's comparable lines, but Bandai is a much bigger company.

This show is certainly a weird choice for a an expensive diecast figure though.
>>
>>6262318
What are you talking about?

It's like $88 on HLJ.

http://hlj.com/product/FEW96420
>>
>>6262363
Well shit, thanks. That's certainly more reasonable. I could have sworn I was looking at HLJ, must have confused the price with one of the mechs they also have from the show.

I hope they do the other two eventually, although I wouldn't mind just having Speedy.
>>
>>6262382
You're welcome!

Also, they are doing the other two cats.

Here's the prototypes.
>>
File: 1329791142221.gif (726KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1329791142221.gif
726KB, 446x251px
>watch show all weekend
>probably watched it a ton as a kid
>high-quality diecast product comes out with a fuckton of accessories
>won't spend $140 on it
>>
>>6262405
It wasn't that I wouldn't spend it. I was just irked that it was so much for a tiny figure.

It's actually only 88 bucks, which is far more reasonable. Still a lot, but I can write that off.

And holy fuck, this show is a riot. I watched it a lot as a kid, but all the jokes are better as an adult. It's a shame it isn't more popular.

>>6262396
Oh sweet.
>>
File: 165524da7k1zqx11ck80aa.jpg (309KB, 1714x1473px) Image search: [Google]
165524da7k1zqx11ck80aa.jpg
309KB, 1714x1473px
There's also a Supreme Catatonic in the same line, if you're interested.

Anyway, it looks like Speedy just finally got in stock, so anyone who had him on preorder should be getting him soon.
>>
IT'S FINALLY FUCKING OUT AFTER SO MANY MONTHS OF DELAY. I hope it's worth it.
>>
>>6262405
>>won't spend $140 on it

Not that anon but as an undergrad who has to pay rent and buy my own food it's hard to justify $140 for a single toy. And I'm saving money for the transition to grad school this fall so that's even less justification regardless of how much I like an individual toy.
>>
>>6262846
I have one from the initial 2013 release, and I'm very pleased with it. The only die-cast parts are the chest and the add-on armor's breastplate, but the paint is all very good, the articulation is pretty good considering the SD body type, and the accessories are all very nice. If there's one thing I'd say I dislike, it's that the removeable end of the sword sheath (made removable because in-show it's the handle of the second, concealed sword) doesn't like to stay in place, and also doesn't settle very flush with the rest of the sheath, tending to leave a somewhat noticeable seam.
>>
>>6262331
Speaking of Bandai, they actually do still own merchandising rights for this show. Doesn't look like they plan to do anything with them though.
>>
>>6262318
Finally paid for it, looking forward to it to arrive in the mail.
>>
>>6262899
It's more a mental thing. I have 140 bucks to shred, I mean, this day an age that's not really a staggering sum, but in my head, a 5 inch toy shouldn't cost over $100 bucks (and it does at some sites). $90 is a bit more sensible, but it'll still be over 100 even with HLJ's cheapest shipping.

>>6262928
>initial 2013 release
I thought I'd seen this toy a while ago. I was wondering if the line was dead. We went 4 years before seeing the other two cats.
>>
>>6263416
This line is infamous for delays. They first revealed they were going to do something Pizza Cats-related way back in 2009. Then no further news at all until 2012 when they revealed pics of the finished Speedy and prototype Catatonic.
>>
File: spcep7ph6.jpg (21KB, 346x235px) Image search: [Google]
spcep7ph6.jpg
21KB, 346x235px
>>6262396
I hope the line goes further than this. I would buy the fuck out of some Big Cheese/Jerry/Bad Bird figures.

This show had pretty unique character design compared to most anime.
>>
File: 12060201.jpg (83KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
12060201.jpg
83KB, 510x624px
>>6269017
When the show's character designer was meeting with them to provide reference art and such he tried to convince them to do a Bad Bird with Armor of Worc parts from the Bad Bird Uncaged 2-parter, but they wouldn't agree. Maybe if the cats and Catatonic sell well, they'll reconsider.
>>
File: C8VBb6WV0AAqWZE.jpg (294KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C8VBb6WV0AAqWZE.jpg
294KB, 1152x2048px
So it's been confirmed that the 2017 version does have one difference from the 2013 version. The add-on armor's forehead crest is now vacuum metalized. Old version had metallic gold paint, same as the rest of the gold parts.
>>
>>6271362
Got mine today, the box is so fucking huge and trays stacked like bento.

I've been mostly just playing with base Speedy/Yattaro. I haven't bothered trying the armor on yet.
>>
>>6275289
How is he? I've heard he actually has really nice articulation, despite his wacky proportions.
>>
>>6276187
He's like every SD toy out there. Decent articulation for what it is, but limited shoulder due to the pads and no knee.
>>
>>6271362
My 2017 one had a jewel in the add-on crest. Did the 2013 one had it? I've seen promo pics that didn't show it.
>>
>>6278599
>no knee
Well that's silly. They easily could have given him one. They just would have had to leave a bit of a cavity in his thigh armor in the back so that his lower leg could essentially fold into it. It wouldn't have looked amazing from the back, but who cares about that? I'd have gladly taken the compromise for knee articulation.
>>
File: yattarou-mega.gif (515KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
yattarou-mega.gif
515KB, 1754x1240px
>>6278604
The crest's jewel is removable for accuracy when displaying mounted on the bird. In-show the crest is just drawn with a hole in the middle, and it's the base helmet's jewel showing through after it attaches. But since that probably wouldn't end up looking good when you have to actually make everything work in solid 3D, they included a jewel for the crest itself.
>>
>>6269701
That Komuso armor was pretty cool.
>>
File: screenshot_8_21233.jpg (34KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_8_21233.jpg
34KB, 600x337px
>>6279375
I like how even with all the changes they made in the dub, Bad Bird's sad backstory and redemption still resonate through the humor. It actually makes it seem more legitimate somehow. It's not just a trope, it's a trope that managed to endure through an avalanche of puns and pop-culture references.

Shame there are no plans for him to get a figure for now. I like the looks of Speedy, but not quite enough to buy him. Bad Bird would be an insta-buy though.
>>
>>6279223
>cavity
This is a high-end toy, they could do a collapsible panel instead and have it all: looks and functionality.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.