[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this the closest we have to a comprehensive toyline based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3352.jpg (74KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3352.jpg
74KB, 960x720px
Why is this the closest we have to a comprehensive toyline based on a film series? You think we could get some Dune or The Fifth Element figures or something?
>>
>>6255812
You mean for your, dare I say it, space opera collection?
>>
>>6255814
What was with that?
I'm on Space Opera Guy's side; sure the term "Space Opera" isn't often used by why did everyone get so triggered whenever he said it?
>>
>>6255812
You mean why is Star Wars the only one that's so comprehensive? It's a combination of it being one of the most successful film franchises of all time with global mass appeal (except in China, thanks Mao!) combined with the creator planning to make as many toys as possible from the very beginning.

Dune has had some decent adaptations but the only stand out thing for a toy would be the sand worms unless you think people really want that fat guy from Harkonnen.
>>
It's not the only one, though. GI Joe definitely has a comprehensive toyline. Spawn did as well. Jurassic Park, while not screen accurate, did too. Lately, the Alien and Predator movies come to mind thanks to NECA.. it might not be absolutely complete but it's damn close and only a matter of time before it is.

The more upsetting things to me are stuff like video games, which could clearly all have toylines as big as the various Halo lines over the years, but instead like to shit out the same 1-4 characters over and over and over again. Give me a starcraft line where I can army build, re-use a marine mold to give me 10 slightly different kind of marines, fuck. Stuff like that.
>>
>>6255812
it might, just might, and this is a real loose possibility here, but I think maybe it helps that Star Wars STARTED the whole merchandising phenomena for a movie?
>>
>>6255838
What's this about someone getting triggered by an old an extremely well-known phrase?
>>
I know there are Reaction Fifth Element figures. I would not be surprised if there were Dune ones already/at some point. Unfortunately that is probably all we will get.
>>
File: dune-groupe.jpg (54KB, 510x348px) Image search: [Google]
dune-groupe.jpg
54KB, 510x348px
>>6256233
>I would not be surprised if there were Dune ones already/at some point
You mean besides the ones from the David Lynch movie?
>>
>>6256233
>>6256241
Those aren't figma/figuarts
>>
>>6255812
I love the fuck out of Fifth Element but apart from Leelo and maybe Korben I'd pass on a toyline.

>>6255841
I'd buy a naked Sting figuarts in a heartbeat and I've never even seen the movie.
>>
>>6256554
Probably because those designs are pretty boring and no company wants to bother making good figures of them.
>>
>>6255812
What is star trek? Playmates had every movie and tv episode variation available. Even the TNG romulon disguses from that episode with Spock.
>>
>>6256628
Show me the figma/figuarts! It's not 1998 anymore, pal.
>>
File: Star Trek Diamond.jpg (42KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek Diamond.jpg
42KB, 400x347px
>>6256633
Diamond Select's line was pretty large.

They also made a StarGate line as well.

Much better looking than using that shitty dot matrix printing too.

Are there any popular films that can be made into toylines that DIDN'T get a comprehensive toyline?
There's very little that didn't, what with all the nostalgiafag lines being made too.
>>
>>6256642
try again, pardner

modern toylines

high quality sculpts

articulation

where is it?

you can't beat the japs unless you're 1/6

bye, bye
>>
File: star trek coll.jpg (129KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
star trek coll.jpg
129KB, 1280x722px
>>6256645
It's not a modern line and the articulation is pretty mediocre, but the sculpt and paint holds up much better than many modern toys, since so many companies have been skimping for the past few years.
>>
>ITT newfags falling for fake peon

I knew he'd show up the same time as the /toy/ meta thread.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.