[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's use full cloth in a scale that doesn't need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 70

>let's use full cloth in a scale that doesn't need it
>let's give every figure broad shoulders, a giant head, and long monkey arms
>let's include some of the worst foot articulation anyone's ever seen
>let's fail every attempt to do a human face sculpt
>let's charge $80 per figure b/c mini Hot Toys
>>
File: 1488213135599.jpg (424KB, 1200x772px) Image search: [Google]
1488213135599.jpg
424KB, 1200x772px
Those thighs are looking kinda T H I C C
>>
>>6234100
When this line launched with DKR Bats, I thought, "Oh cool, a line that'll do comic accurate costumes based on specific artists treating it as direct source material". Instead I got a bunch of crappy sideshow collectibles style redesigns and some shitty movie versions that absolutely do not look like "mini Hot Toys", like people claim.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of them still look pretty good. Frank looks good, even though I would've preferred a true, 80's Mike Zeck style classic variant, and I'm all for Space Ghost. But things like Daredevil or Green Arrow's redesigns just turn me off.
>>
>>
>>6234123
I was also hoping they'd stick to trying to replicate comic appearances like DKR bruce.

Their comic superman is so horrid...
>>
>>6234100
>I can't afford this line so I'll find bull shit reasons to hate on it and then shit post about it to validate myself.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, anon.
>>
>>6234159
Not OP, but I can absolutely afford this line and have the classic punisher preordered, but that doesn't make most of the clothes on these look absolutely horrid.

Even the new logan's coat looks bad in some of the promo shots.
>>
>>6234174
They look much better in person.
Like a hundred times better.
It literally is like holding a Hot Toys figure, but more fun, because it's actually playable since they aren't giant and cumbersome.

People like OP are angry shut ins who forget how people really look and is probably a manlet with tiny forearms/feet if he thinks the arms are too long.

Also, the Daredevil figure has a tiny head. So it just shows OP isn't really paying attention to the line and mostly just angry they're too expensive for him.
>>
>>6234100

The DKR ones were cool but the cloth gimmick doesn't really work with these bodies and although the heads are better than, say, MAFEX calling them "mini Hot Toys" is being FAR too generous.

If you like them, that great, more power to you, its your money, whatever but lets not carried away with the analogies here.
>>
File: 1484805652523.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484805652523.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>mfw I'm a total shill for Mezco

OP can sling shit all he wants. Not even mad.
>>
File: 448964.png (39KB, 1265x909px) Image search: [Google]
448964.png
39KB, 1265x909px
>>6234100
>angry about toys
>>
>>6234221
I have hot toys, and I have handled a good bit of the one:12 figures.

No, they aren't like holding hot toys. If there's ANYTHING that hot toys nails to a T it's the costumes.

Some of them look great, but the tailoring is TERRIBLE for others. The line is, at best, hit or miss.
>>
>>6234100
Every single one of those looks horrible. They've fucked up so many releases now, I don't know how people can keep supporting these half ass efforts. They only got me with dkr, but I have to admit old man logan is tempting. Maybe they will get their shit together again.
>>
>>6234174
>classic punisher
You talking the white straps punisher? Where do you have that pre-ordered?
>>
>>6234359
have you handled a single one of those pictured? people tend to shut the fuck up and change opinions quickly on this line once they've taken a dive cuz like >>6234221 said, these are 100 times better in person. The camera plays tricks on the human eye for these figures (which sucks), but im glad this line is getting popular because these figures really are fkn great.
>>
>>6234370
I think he's an exclusive through the mezco site.
>>
File: 1484716080731.jpg (76KB, 886x460px) Image search: [Google]
1484716080731.jpg
76KB, 886x460px
>>6234379
God fucking dammit. He's long sold out now. I was putting off buying a Punisher because I wanted the white straps and then I find this shit out
>>
File: one12kirk_11.jpg (104KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
one12kirk_11.jpg
104KB, 800x599px
>>6234350
>No, they aren't like holding hot toys. If there's ANYTHING that hot toys nails to a T it's the costumes.
>Some of them look great, but the tailoring is TERRIBLE for others. The line is, at best, hit or miss.
Oh, i agree, it is hit or miss, but when it's a HIT it's definitely Hot Toys tier. Better, because you can actually play with them.
>>
I kind of want them to make a samurai jack...
>>
>>6234386
Join the waitlist.
>>
>>6234123
I know right! I think TDKR is the only good one. When I got it I felt like it was premium quality for a low price. These new ones looks so tacky.
>>
>>6234159
Bitch these aren't even expensive.
>>
>>6234100

I didn't know the Flash had an alt. Wally West head. It looks a lot better than Barry's.

I bet Reverse Flash doesn't have one though :(
>>
>>6234338
But do you unironically
> mini hot-toys
?

Both of mine came with QC bullshit and I'm pretty much done with the line.
>>
>>6234523
>Both of mine came with QC bullshit
Yeah, of the three figures I have, 2 came with serious defects. Amazon is bullet proof though, so I got replacement no problem. The QC is shit, ill give you that. But the figures, when they get them right, are amazing. They really are like mini hot toys.
>>
>>6234100
Jesus Christ these look terrible. Why are they so highly praised on this board?
>>
File: IMG_6053.jpg (2MB, 2666x4027px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6053.jpg
2MB, 2666x4027px
>making a thread to complain about a toyline

What's the point?
>>
>>6234663
Button hurt Hasblo poor fans trying to justify thier poor faggotry.
>>
>>6234663
Autism needs an outlet. You don't want OP to shoot up a theater or school do you? We're taking one for the team until the day of the rope.
>>
>>6234533
It's so strange. It was always more dominant the opinion that soft goods are mostly cancer on anything smaller than 1/6th scale. There are debatable exceptions (hence "mostly") like capes where it's really just a pick your poison scenario between good looking yet static capes and at best not as good looking moveable capes.

However stuff like this line would have raised more red flags and gotten more beaten back by the usual criticisms than what I have seen. However, almost out of nowhere the hype rose like a plague. So much glowing praise out of something commonly considered sacrilege. I believe even that subject guy, who I remember always making the biggest stink about soft goods in ANY FORM, had his usual tirade threads... talking well of it.

Odd, odd, odd. Makes me almost think there was shilling operation comanded by marketers hired to push the new line through. Though /toy/ is small enough that I have my doubts. Granted, compared to other online social platforms that talk about toys, how much bigger are the rest?

I don't necessarily hate the line, but I'm on the side that sticks with mostly plastic and paint than fabric for this scale. Fabric is just too small and I will always question the longevity of it. Hot Toys toy production just can't simply be scaled down like that.
>>
>>6234693

Button hurt?
>>
Eh. Any line is gonna have less hits than misses. Same here. And of course fabric is going to be less realistic at smaller scales. But when it's done well, it can still be awesome.

I only have Spock so far, and he turned out really great. Not so interested in many others, but Doctor Strange looks like a good one.
>>
File: doctorstrange.jpg (80KB, 960x637px) Image search: [Google]
doctorstrange.jpg
80KB, 960x637px
>>6234890
Compare it to the Hot Toy though.

I know you didn't say it, but I'll never understand how anyone can call them that.
>>
>>6234847
>Makes me almost think there was shilling operation comanded by marketers hired to push the new line

Maybe they are just good toys.
>>
>>6234902

I dunno. Looks lit a bit of a rush job to make bank off the movie. Not one of hot toy's best. I could be persuaded otherwise with better pics of the hot toys, but for now I think the Mezco captures comic Strange better than the hot toys captures movie Strange. (And that's despite a few nitpicks I have with Mezco's.)
>>
>>6234908
You could say that, but that's harder to conclude at the beginning with few toys out the gate.

The overwhelming confidence and "10/10 best toy"s even before the first toy is even released forward is a bit disconcerting. Especially out of a place that again, had plenty of folk who found stuff like sacrilegious and dumb looking.

Again, I doubt that being the case. However, huge endorsements and shilling are all that come to mind when trying to understand such a dynamic heel-turn in community opinion.
>>
>>6235027
I think the subject they chose for their first figure helped a lot. The Mezco DK Batman is far and away the best option for a Miller Batman, he looks very true to the comic and overshadowed people's concerns about fabric. It lead to mkre open-mindedness about soft goods in this scale. And while the figures are hit and miss, Bats, Frank, DD, Dredd, and Star Trek figures all look really great and are proof of concept. I'm disappointed in the upcoming frumpy Spiderman but I'll get all the rest that turn out well.
>>
>>6234523
Are you under the impression that Hot Toys are some perfect line of figures? They have way worse articulation than the Mezcos do.
>>
File: superman_returns_5.jpg (62KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
superman_returns_5.jpg
62KB, 450x600px
>>6235090
That may be, but you'd be hardpressed to see one in the last 5 years to make as glaring a mistake in fabric thickness as you see in a lot of Mezco's stuff.

One:12 is mini Hot Toys..if by Hot toys, you mean the early-mid 2000's stuff before they really started getting on point. Which isn't bad, but calling them mini Hot Toys isn't fitting since that just brings to mind the best of modern Hot Toys, and they aren't there yet. I'd love them to be, of course. But as is they're just about the level of your above average, off-brand 1/6 collector figure.
>>
>>6234902
Why would you compare a 6 inch toy of a comic character to one twice the size of a real human?
>>
>>6235090
>perfect
>uses latex like condoms for rubbery skin
>12 inch ever
>$200 for one
no thanks
>>
>>6235124
the Mezco fabric isnt even thick though. The camera is playing tricks on you nonbelievers im telling you
>>
>>6235027
>The overwhelming confidence and "10/10 best toy"s even before the first toy is even released forward is a bit disconcerting. Especially out of a place that again, had plenty of folk who found stuff like sacrilegious and dumb looking.
Wat?
DKR Batman was almost overwhelmingly positive, even with people who had the problem with the arm cloth popping off (easy fix).
There was almost nothing negative said about the figure, from its first showing at Comic Con til today.

Almost all complaints about the line mostly comes from people posting their photos of the arm and back, and somehow it got exaggerated to the point where people pretended it was a common flaw that affected other figures.
This makes it seem like complaints only come from people who don't own these toys.
>>
There isn't a single person in this thread who has complained about Mezco and actually owns one of these figures.
I'm not saying they're perfect I'm just saying
>>
File: review_heroes1_1.jpg (80KB, 650x501px) Image search: [Google]
review_heroes1_1.jpg
80KB, 650x501px
>>6234100
>a giant head
I know not many people bring this up but this always bothered me when they first showed photos of the Marvel/DC lineup (not including DKR Batman).

It has the same problem as a lot of modern MLs, in that they have a tendency to sculpt the heads a tad too big. Actually the overall proportions of these remind me of how Mezco used to sculpt their "Heroes" figures, except in this case the male bodies are lucky enough to have enough bulk/muscle mass to sidestep that problem (the female bodies for Harley and Wonder Woman don't look so good though).
>>
>multiple posters shitting on Hot Toys
>consistently describe the line as "i-it's like a mini-Hot Toys"
What did they mean by this?
>>
>Want to try a Mezco figure despite their flaws
>It's all capeshit
>>
>>6236015
Honestly even with capeshit, I'd like to see them try more live-action stuff because they genuinely look better than their comic-inspired ones.
>>
>>6235974
Looks like Old Man Logan's breaking that mold.
>>
>>6236091
Yeesh. His forearm looks all swollen, like it's broken or got stung by something venomous. They should either make it taper down to his wrist better, or make his hands bigger to compensate. One of the two.
>>
>>6235974
Is this the big bang theory?
>>
>>6236091
Just stopping into this thread to say that looks fucking terrible.
>>
>>6234663
>making a thread to complain
Literally the point of 4chan.
>>
>>6236091
His head is a good size, but the shoe sculpt looks like he's literally wearing two turds, and they should have made his pants tighter fitting or something--their cut somehow makes him look dumpy and weirdly proportioned like an old Mego figure. The shirt fabric doesn't look great but I'm not complaining about it much because I know that's the best possible at this scale (ThreeA shirts look the same). Also the forearm thing mentioned above.

Headsculpt is nice, rest really needs some work.
>>
>>6234100
What's wrong with the foot articulation?
>>
File: IMG_3263.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3263.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I like all of the Mezco figures I own but the mini Hot Toys argument is stupid. You're never going to have the level of detail on a six inch figure that you can have on a 12 inch figure that costs four times as much. I do think that the final figures usually look a lot better than their promo shots, though.
>>
File: one12frank_9.jpg (197KB, 800x1220px) Image search: [Google]
one12frank_9.jpg
197KB, 800x1220px
>>6236069
>>6236015
1/3rd of the line so far is non-cape characters.
Judge Dredd, Sulu, Spock, Kirk and the monster.

>>6235974
Their heads aren't big. They're proportioned pretty well for humans.
>>
>>6236244
Most of them are ok, but Sylar's head is definitely swelled up.
>>
>>6236091

> $80 for a partial sculpt and some ken-doll clothing
>>
File: Mezco-One12-Marvel-024.jpg (112KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Mezco-One12-Marvel-024.jpg
112KB, 1280x1920px
>>6234123
this is pretty close. I don't think it's out yet though.
>>
>>6236424
Pre-orders already sold out.
>>
>>6236467
Bummer. Glad I wanted the regular version of Frank because I like the tacticool shit.

May as well throw my two cents in. I have both DKR Batman and Frank. I have the PX DKR Batman and absolutely love it. I was originally gong to pick up the regular version but my LCS sold it. The figure is fantastic. Great articulation the cloth actually looks good on a representation of Klaus Janson's art. It fits very well. I also have Frank and think he's equally as awesome. Great articulation like Bats and his clothes fit him perfectly imo. I was worried that the regular version of Frank's pants would be too tight but they look spot on for BDU style pants. Just abggy enough Only thing I wish they did was add a holster for his pistol. The accessories are what stand out to me though. Things like working slides on the pistol, detachable magazines, and actual grenades for the grenade launcher really show the effort they went to for this figure.
>>
File: IMG_20170203_010743.jpg (2MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170203_010743.jpg
2MB, 2368x3200px
>>6234100
Yeah, they suck.

Mafex is where it's @, Sometimes DCC even have their moments.
>>
>>6236570
>DCC
Automatic disqualification because of those terrible ugly-ass Macfarlane Spawn-era cut hips.
>>
>>6234100
Are these supposed to be modern Megos?
>>
File: Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta 09.jpg (135KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta 09.jpg
135KB, 1200x1600px
>>6236599
That's actually a Figuarts joint.
>>
>>6236672
I mean you're not wrong.
>>
>>6236244
>Their heads aren't big. They're proportioned pretty well for humans.
Do you live in bobbleheadland?
>>
File: hollywood manlets.jpg (1006KB, 2000x971px) Image search: [Google]
hollywood manlets.jpg
1006KB, 2000x971px
>>6238141
humans are dumpy creatures and aren't really how they appear in comics and cartoons.
>>
>>6238169
>approx. 50% of the photos used are shot from a higher angle

Not that I necessarily disagree with your point but that doesn't really help your case.
>>
File: hook.jpg (45KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
hook.jpg
45KB, 650x488px
>>6238169
>Dustin Hoffman is shorter than Robin Williams

Goddamn that just makes me appreciate this movie all the more for how they managed to make Hook taller.
>>
>>6238178
>not being a manlet
>able to look down on manlets
>majority of people look like they have huge heads
6'1" here
>>
File: Bane_TDKR3.jpg (49KB, 470x706px) Image search: [Google]
Bane_TDKR3.jpg
49KB, 470x706px
>>6238276
Mezco must have some pretty big guys in their sculpting department.
>>
>>6238179
>Dustin Hoffman is shorter than Robin Williams
Funny, I thought Williams was 6 feet [spoiler]under [/spoiler]
>>
>>6238295
Fuck you.
>>
>>6236204
>What's wrong with the foot articulation?

Different anon bumping for answers.
>>
>>6238566
A lot of their figures have very poor ankle range.
>>
>>6238641
Yeah, but I mean, why? OP seems pretty...fired up about it. And from what I've seen they look like they have pretty basic rocker ankles designed just like most other American toylines nowadays (peg inserted at 45 degree angle). What exactly is the problem with them is what I mean.
>>
File: 14278418.jpg (69KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
14278418.jpg
69KB, 501x585px
>Mezco mystery boxes back for St Patricks day
>only $30 more than usual
>>
File: Screenshot_20170315-181408.jpg (841KB, 1104x1940px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170315-181408.jpg
841KB, 1104x1940px
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>6238169
>pics from high angles
>>
>>6238169
>big head and comicbook proportions
>he argues for realism
>>
>>6238644
Mezco figures use a barbell joint at the ankles and the sculpt gets in the way, so you get limited rocker movement.
Basically, you get the same range of motion as you would if you were wearing stiff boots.

>>6239191
>>6239184

>comic book figures done realistically
>not realism
You really should take notice of people more if you haven't noticed that our heads arent like comics and cartoons.

Also, that's funny you guys think any of those photos were taken in such a high enough angle that it would make that much of a difference, especially when the shoulders are less than six inches away from the head.
>>
Did anyone here actually get flash? If so, how is he?
>>
>>6238169
>Jason Statham is 5'9"

Jesus christ!
>>
>>6240821
>Flash and Daredevil look bad, so i think that's why no one seems to have tem.
>>
>>6241740
Most martial artists aren't tall, it's a detriment.
>>
>>6236221
>You're never going to have the level of detail on a six inch figure that you can have on a 12 inch figure that costs four times as much
I think what people are saying is that Mezco is the closest you'll get to a 1:12 hot toys, not that they're of the same quality
>>
>>6242248
Which is bullshit. 20 years ago people where thinking toy sculpts couldn't get any better than McFarlane. 10 years ago people thought Hot toys couldn't get any better. They did.
>>
>>6242252
sorry, i meant the closest you'll get today
>>
>>6242266
I'm not sure about that, either.Without opening up a can of worms, Figuarts does likenesses better, even if they can be a little wonky.
>>
>>6242277
With some figures like Iron Man, yes, but Mezco has the cloth goods, and that's what people are referring to when they call them 6 inch hot toys. sure, some of them look odd with the cloth looking out of scale, but some of them are really great
>>
>>6242290
Which makes me feel like people comparing them to Hot Toys are people who don't really own Hot Toys. There's lot of HTs that don't have cloth clothing. Hot Toys isn't the only toyline with cloth clothes, either. Of course, there's a phenomenon where in people just refer to all higher end 1/6 figures as Hot toys, regardless of manufacturer.
>>
File: Punisher.jpg (465KB, 1430x1252px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher.jpg
465KB, 1430x1252px
>>6242277
I think Figuarts is doing fine these days with their digital printing stuff, which looks good in-hand. But if you're actually talking about sculpt quality, there is absolutely no contest.

There is a crispness and fidelity to Mezco's headsculpts that doesn't balk under a macro lens. Shining a sharp directional light across it like in this pic reveals actual ridges and bumps and dimension. Even the skin itself has texture to it, which is a nice touch that is usually ignored at this scale. By contrast, SHFs have relatively simplistic and smooth sculpting that is mostly carried along by the digitally printed image on top of it. If you erased the face print here, Bruce's facesculpt underneath would be quite unimpressive. Even when Mezco doesn't quite nail the look (for example, I think their Sulu's headsculpt looks somewhat off), their sculpts are clearly of a higher caliber than SHFs.
>>
>>6242322
Sculpt quality doesn't mean anything when the sculpt is terrible. Punisher is a stand out but there is plenty of really awful looking faces coming out of Mezco. Don't even get me started on how dumb it looks to have a plastic costumed head attached to a cloth torso where there is a clear difference in materials/shine/texture between the two.

Mezco shits the bed more than they hit it out of the park. Even their Dredd was crap compared to the ThreeA one from both an aesthetic AND articulation point of view.
>>
>>6242355
This. Their faces are EXTREMELY hit or miss.

Superman looks awful.
>>
>>6242355
Okay, I'm here to talk about sculpt, not cloth goods, so I'm gonna stick to that. I'm not commenting on articulation either for the same reason.

Dredd was one of the first figures they did, and true, it wasn't the best, but I think it was at least passable. I simply take it as a bit of a rocky start for the line. Everything I've seen from them recently, from Punisher to Shazam to Darkseid, has looked great to me. That seems to say to me that they're improving. And yes, I'm sure you can throw random bad looking examples at me, but unless said bad looking releases form the majority of the line, I'm gonna consider it a well sculpted line.

Also, even though I did indulge you here, you're sort of blurring the line between two different arguments: this started as who makes the highest quality sculpts, and now you're flip flopping between that and personal aesthetic appeal. They're very different things. For example, you can personally prefer the look of Bruce in my comparison above, but it is FACTUALLY a softer and less detailed sculpt than the Punisher.
>>
File: halftone a shit.png (187KB, 586x828px) Image search: [Google]
halftone a shit.png
187KB, 586x828px
>>6242322
>I think Figuarts is doing fine these days with their digital printing stuff
This is a flat out lie, because the dots making up the entirety of the face makes their face look blurry/grainy.
Fuck your poor eyesight if you don't notice that.

>>6242355
>Even their Dredd was crap compared to the ThreeA one from both an aesthetic AND articulation point of view.
Most people seem to like Mezco's Dredd more than 3A's.
>>
>>6242360
>character with a bunch of scars and wrinkles vs a guy who died young
>hurrdurr soft sculpt
You realize how dumb you sound right now right? Bruce Lee doesn't require an overblown over detailed sculpt because his face isn't full of fucking wrinkles. Even the Hot Toys Bruce Lee is "soft" except for ONE face. You strike me as one of those people who think excessive detail and texture automatically makes something superior even when it's uncalled for to get the job done. Literally NO ONE looks at SHF Bruce Lee in non-macro photography and says to themselves "seems like it's lacking detail"
>>
>>6242427
I'm usually looking at my Bruce from about a foot away on my desk or even farther on my shelf, not peering at it from 2 inches away with a magnifying glass. Yeah, the halftone is there and yeah, it makes it look grainy, but in most real-life situations I would be hard pressed to notice it.

>>6242467
Okay, I picked that photo of Punsher simply because I thought it was one of their best sculpts, but if you wanna bring it to this, let's break it down. Yes, Bruce was younger and not all scarred up like Frank, so he is inevitably not going to be as detailed. But all human beings share certain features, no? Things like eyebrows, hair, nostrils, teeth, ears, lips, even nasolabial folds. All of these things are sculpted to a fine and intricate degree on Frank, and just sort of dissolve into mushiness on Bruce. Like I said, I'm only here to talk sculpt, and Bandai clearly could have gone for higher fidelity on those features that all humans have.

>Literally NO ONE looks at SHF Bruce Lee in non-macro photography and says to themselves "seems like it's lacking detail"
Yeah, you're right, nobody does say that, cause it does its job fine and generally looks great. But you're moving the goalposts here. The topic at hand was never "is SHF Bruce Lee lacking in detail?" It was which company has superior sculpts. And I still say that's Mezco.
>>
>>6242573
yeaaaaaaah okay, no, not really. I'm not even invested in this because I neither care nor dislike shf or this Mezco line. The sculpt on Frank gives a lot more room because it's "interpretation", Bruce Lee shf, talk shit about it all you want, is actually a damned good likeness of Bruce Lee at that scale.

If you want to compare this on an even footing, pull out a Mezco figure that's supposed to nail the likeness of an actual actor.
>>
File: 1477584686099.jpg (279KB, 1661x1361px) Image search: [Google]
1477584686099.jpg
279KB, 1661x1361px
>>6242596
>The sculpt on Frank gives a lot more room because it's "interpretation"
This. I'm not really arguing for which sculpt is better, but it's like comparing apples and oranges when you have a wholly artistic interpretation of a character, especially one that's kinda known to look gritty and hyper-realistic in a lot of artists' rendition. It's like saying Frank has the better sculpt by virtue of detail when there's no real limit in how much they can add to it as long as it fits the general criteria of "does it look Frank Castle-ish?".

The comparison between Frank and Bruce Lee is BS anyway since the initial point was about how well the companies can capture actor likenesses. Even then, while propping up Figuarts' ability to pull off likeness work, it was acknowledged that even some of the execution can still be "wonky".

>If you want to compare this on an even footing, pull out a Mezco figure that's supposed to nail the likeness of an actual actor.
Better comparison would be Star Trek or BvS Superman in this case.
>>
>>6242427
They don't look grainy in person. Only in close up photos.
>>
>>6234100

The cloth looks good....mostly. That Superman is fucking embarrassing though. I really don't know WHAT happened there.
>>
>>6241740
And he was the tall one in Lock Stock and Snatch!
>>
>>6242573
The reason you don't add a ridiculous amount of sculpt and texture on a 3D printed face is because it's not necessary and just opens up the figure to having massive QC issues. Yeah you could sculpt out the eyeball socket, eyelids, eyelid folds, etc and if that 3D print is even a single mm off it will look awful. If you use a minimal sculpt it's an intelligent choice because the print itself can be a mm off and the likeness will still be spot on.

There is a reason the DBZ Figuarts went away from having sculpted eyeballs and switched to a tampo/decal/printed eye instead. It's hard to get chinese factories to consistently get the paint app exactly where it needs to be and you can see it on some Marvel Legends where the iris/sclera is leaking outside the sculpted eye. The sculpts under all that gloopy paint were always amazing, these days they don't even bother fully painting faces anymore and instead leave the sculpt intact just adding eyebrows or eye paint but when they fuck up it still ruins an otherwise stellar sculpt.

It's not that Bandai is incapable of super sharp detailed sculpts, it's that they are making an active choice to account for unpredictable QC to get the best looking figure possible. At one point or another every import line has shown they are capable of amazing sculpts and it's just flat out silly to say Mezco is superior because they choose a strategy which can and HAS had issues on certain releases.
>>
>>6243166
>There is a reason the DBZ Figuarts went away from having sculpted eyeballs and switched to a tampo/decal/printed eye instead.
A lot of people were griping about this because they thought sculpted eyes were superior. They seem to forget just how messy and awful they often ended up being. Perfect Cell was a nightmare of derp and goofy looking eyes. I'd argue Mezco, NECA, Hasbro and any other company using extremely detailed face sculpts is susceptible to the same issues. If you can get by with less detail while still nailing a likeness then do it.

Like others mentioned Mezco isn't even trying to nail specific likenesses though. Almost everything they've done has been their artistic interpretation of a character.
>>
>>6242427
They don't look grainy in hand, if you disagree then you obviously don't have one.
>>
>>6242322
I just want to say I appreciate your ability to fairly critique bandai's faces without sounding like a retard.
>>
File: bruce_lee.jpg (13KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
bruce_lee.jpg
13KB, 280x350px
>>6243222
>anyone speaking bad about muh japanese brand is subjectanon
He's not me and i usually don't speak up about toys of characters/people i don't care about, but you can definitely see it's softly sculpted. The low resolution print job's job is to fake that 3d look, but you can see that there's less detail sculpted in than how his face looks even neutrally.

>>6243186
>implying halftones can't be noticed
Hilarious, given the fact people prefer their retina displays over previous generations of displays, and those dots are even smaller than regular printing methods, muchless Bandai's/Hasbro's/GoodSmile's printing method
So you're just blind.

It's very easy to tell when something is printed vs tampoed/spraymasked/handpainted, because not only does it look blurry but the colors look all washed out too.
You're basically telling me that you can't tell a high quality print from a cut out from an 80s magazine.
>>
File: punisher_max_v2.jpg (37KB, 432x640px) Image search: [Google]
punisher_max_v2.jpg
37KB, 432x640px
I'm also being entertained that people are referring to Mezco's Punisher as a generic design, when it's obviously based on the MAX art.
>>
I got Flash and Zoom today. These are my first one:12 figures.

They are SIGNIFICANTLY better in person. I'm really confused why they looked so bad in pictures.

I got to check out some other figures from the line when I got them.

BvS superman definitely still looks meh, stealth suit cap looked better than in the pictures.

Posability is good, only bummer is the ankle joints aren't quite strong enough to support a lot of running poses with the peg, and the claw arm for the stand is so long and huge it is comically worthless.

They could have fixed the issue with the ankle by having the lightning piece that goes on the downward foot clip into the base and brace it.

I'll try to take pictures later. The two are definitely big favorites for me as a flash fan.
>>
>>6243397
>Ctrl+F "generic" 1 of 1 match
Nope, but I do see "artistic interpretation" being tossed around which still applies in this case since they're not even dead-on to the artworks that inspired it, especially with how the figure's eyebrows are more cartoonishly angular compared to 90% of Punisher MAX covers.
>>
>>6243413
I'm curious to grab Zoom since I've heard a lot of good stuff about the figure, but I kind of wish they had included a second head sculpt to accommodate for a Hunter Zolomon sculpt with the black lenses, especially with how Barry got a Wally alt. head. That, or maybe a second smirking sculpt of Thawne if they want to stick with one character.
>>
File: punish max pedos.jpg (722KB, 1257x1920px) Image search: [Google]
punish max pedos.jpg
722KB, 1257x1920px
>>6243414
>artistic interpretation
>almost every single cover from the MAX series and some interior art
Don't pretend that Frank Castle has a unique look like some people here were implying, because he's had different facial features for a very long time and depends on the artist/run.

Mezco's Punisher is obviously copying the MAX series look and SPECIFICALLY from the covers during Ennis's run. MORE specifically, from the early half of Ennis's series, because his face changes in the later half.

Hasbro's Punishers are generic, even when they tried to do the Jim Lee look.
>>
>>6243423
Me too. I wanted a smiling barry head, too.

Love the thawne head, though.
>>
>>6243435
>artistic interpretation
Yeah because as mentioned before
>they're not even dead-on to the artworks that inspired it, especially with how the figure's eyebrows are more cartoonishly angular compared to 90% of Punisher MAX covers.

Or is calling that artistic interpretation being too nice when I should just say that sculpts aren't spot-on? Come on man, I'm giving Mezco the benefit of the doubt here. The cartoonish eyebrows being a sticking point for me isn't just nitpicking either, since I actually love those covers exactly because he looks like a stern motherfucker in each and every one of them.

>interior art
That looks even less like the figure.
>>
>>6243435
Not him, but that punisher face looks nothing like the cover punisher from MAX.

The hair is, though.
>>
>>6243413
>tfw I'm considering getting BvS Superman despite meh reviews
>tfw I'm considering on lightly painting segments of his suit with metallic blue to simulate his muscles
>tfw I'm actually considering on doing this to an already expensive figure that should have gotten it right
Goddammit.
>>
>>6243459
Don't. He's going to be in more movies and there will be more figures.

Based on what I saw today I wouldn't pay more than $45 for him desu.
>>
>>6243464
>He's going to be in more movies and there will be more figures.
Wait you're right, what the hell. I should just wait for Justice League to see if they'll get him right next time.
>>
File: punisher punch.jpg (169KB, 500x762px) Image search: [Google]
punisher punch.jpg
169KB, 500x762px
>>6243445
>The cartoonish eyebrows being a sticking point for me isn't just nitpicking either
So despite all the other art looking different for the Punisher, you're trying to latch onto this?

You realize that in almost all the covers he looks DEAD, right? There is almost no expression ever on this face. It's autistic as fuck.
Mezco, while imitating the art style from the covers, included the expressions you'd see inside. Guess how your eyebrows will look when you get angry?
Stop being dumb.

>That looks even less like the figure.
No shit, because it's by another artist. Again proving that there is no specific "look" for him.
Again, Mezco is specifically styled it after the covers from the first half of Ennis's run.
>>
>>6243435
>Hasbro's Punishers are generic, even when they tried to do the Jim Lee look.

Hasbro's Bradstreet Punisher is significantly closer to MAX covers than Mezco's
>>
File: punisher 260.jpg (158KB, 574x1600px) Image search: [Google]
punisher 260.jpg
158KB, 574x1600px
>>6243473
Yeah, no.

It's obviously Steve's with a little more realism to make it look less Frankish (aka Steve's samefag faces).
>>
>>6243475
Youre retarded, dude. It looks everything like Bradstreet and nothing like Dillon. There's a reason it comes up when you google bradstreet punisher marvel legends. It's wearing is outfit even.
>>
>>6243475
>>6243479

They put Bradstreet art right next to the head. It's based on those covers.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170318-213512.jpg (122KB, 567x234px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170318-213512.jpg
122KB, 567x234px
>>6243475
And one more
>>
>>6243470
>Mezco's Punisher is obviously copying the MAX series look and SPECIFICALLY from the covers during Ennis's run.
>You realize that in almost all the covers he looks DEAD, right?
Oh so they're not SPECIFICALLY from the covers after all? Well you can fuck right off then.

>There is almost no expression ever on this face. It's autistic as fuck.
Good job sidestepping the issue there all while shitting all over those cover artworks that the figure is "SPECIFICALLY" based on just because your precious figure doesn't accurately match them. Wait what does that sound like? Oh right, "artistic interpretation".

In your own words, "stop being dumb".
>>
File: flashzoom.jpg (93KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flashzoom.jpg
93KB, 1080x1080px
Got ONE photo before a bulb on my setup blew out.
>>
>>6243495
>proper running position with the arms and legs raised in opposite of each other
Nicee
>>
File: franks.jpg (380KB, 1633x873px) Image search: [Google]
franks.jpg
380KB, 1633x873px
>>6243488
>>6243479
Ok, I'm wrong about it looking like Steve's art, but Mezco's is 100x better at looking like the MAX covers than the Hasbro.
Only reason you think it looks more like the covers is because he has that autistic blank expression.

BTW, they put up other art on that package too. Including Steve's and the actual original art (top left) was made specifically for Hasbro's package.

>>6243491
>huehuehue if it doesn't have the same expression then it's not based on the cover artist's art
How unused are your facial muscles?

I'm really liking how earlier people were saying that it looks like the Punisher (IE, the max series covers, because there's no way they were referring to all the other interpretations because they vary widely. see " "does it look Frank Castle-ish?".") and now you guys are claiming it doesn't look like the covers?
Pretty amazing.
>>
File: IMG_6025.jpg (1MB, 2414x3652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6025.jpg
1MB, 2414x3652px
>>6243495
>When your poses are so bad your lightbulb explodes
>>
>>6243506
How many lightbulbs did that picture cost you?
>>
>>6243502
The fact that this yields a complement is sad. Why do people do it wrong so often?
>>
>>6243514
Most people outside of artists and people who were involved in/pay attention to athletics don't really have that much of a grasp on human motion.
>>
>>6243516
That makes sense. Guess that explains most bad posing in general.
>>
>>6243505
>BTW, they put up other art on that package too. Including Steve's and the actual original art (top left) was made specifically for Hasbro's package.

No shit, but only one actually looks like the figure.

It looks like those covers because it's obviously based on them, from the headsculpt to the outfit. Almost every One:12 comic figure is an in-house design not based on anything specfic. Only TDKR ones aren't.

This is such a dumb argument because nobody has ever been more wrong than you.
>>
File: IMG_6056.jpg (694KB, 2840x2443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6056.jpg
694KB, 2840x2443px
>>6243511
I don't need any lights to fuck your mom
>>
File: Punisher likeness.jpg (97KB, 926x448px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher likeness.jpg
97KB, 926x448px
>>6243505
>huehuehue if it doesn't have the same expression then it's not based on the cover artist's art
Guess you can't detect sarcasm, huh? Read it again dumbass.
>now you guys are claiming it doesn't look like the covers?
Good job shifting the entire argument. I didn't even say it's not based on those covers.

Also instead of pulling crap out of your ass:
>there's no real limit in how much they can add to it as long as it fits the general criteria of "does it look Frank Castle-ish?".
>no real limit how much they can add to it
It still fits the aforementioned criteria since they just need him to look like any version of Frank as long as it's recognizable. The original point of contention was that Mezco wasn't ever bound by just one source material and how they have free reign to choose anything to base their sculpts on (thus having the advantage of choosing sources that could allow for more detailed sculpts) while still having leeway to give it their own spin.

Mezco doesn't have a mission statement saying they should stay true to ONE look (e.g. Punisher MAX covers). If they did, they would have gone all out in actually giving us a Punisher MAX figure, complete with the simplified thinner skull emblem on a simple T-shirt, and MAYBE less cartoonish eyebrows even from just one (one!) head sculpt. For reference, see pic-related for a sculpture actually nailing that likeness without any facial exaggerations while still looking like a stern badass. As it is, nothing contradicts the notion that the figure is an interpretation inspired from a certain art style. You know, an "artistic interpretation"?
>>
>>6243535
No, but she asked that they'd be turned off next time you come calling.
>>
File: punisher armor jim lee.jpg (247KB, 700x1056px) Image search: [Google]
punisher armor jim lee.jpg
247KB, 700x1056px
>>6243516
It's sad and funny that so many people here have threads about how they don't know how to pose their figures.

I really did not know that there were so many people that don't know how people move.
How is it a fucking thing?

I guess I'm being unfair since i studied art, but still... my brother can pose his toys well and he never got into art or anything artistic.

>>6243542
>pretending to be retarded
Nah, see, earlier people were implying how the Punisher has one look and now you're trying to argue it isn't like it. people ≠ you.
And if you're the one claiming that the Punisher is recognizable by a look, you're again admitting that there is a specific look that he's supposed to have. Since he looks like the MAX covers, guess what?
>no real limit how much they can add to it
You mean scars, pockmarks and wrinkles that were being talked about?
>Mezco doesn't have a mission statement
Again with the literalness. Yeah, your pic shows a great likeness as well with that dead expression, but that still doesn't change the fact that Mezco is basing their sculpt on the cover artist's too.

Again, the Punisher has a wide variety of apearances and it's very obvious who Mezco's based theirs on and other people have noticed (and showing their general ignorance about him and the literal ton of comics he's appeared in)
>>
>>6234100
The style works for Frank and old Bats at least.
>>
ok, why don't we take a recent Mezco figure from this line that is supposed to be an accurate likeness of an actor in a role... then compare it to... the shf Bruce Lee, if you want.

That's all...
>>
>>6234148
>>6236091

Neat.
>>
File: mezco hellboy2small_12.jpg (107KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
mezco hellboy2small_12.jpg
107KB, 600x903px
>>6243609
The point being made earlier is that the Mezco figures have sculpts that don't rely on anything but the sculpt itself to make it look like its source.

And it's true.

They have god tier sculptors, like Hasbro and Hot Toys.
>>
No one is even going to point out the obvious bulges on each of them? Jesus. They've all got a half chub poking out. It's so uncomfortable to look at them.
>>
File: S__5939242.jpg (606KB, 1774x2364px) Image search: [Google]
S__5939242.jpg
606KB, 1774x2364px
>>6243622
no doubt Mezco produces some good toys. I personally own a few and my fav is the comic Hellboy. The movie Hellboy was a bit inconsistent though, Hellboy himself, Abe, Sammael etc were good but Prince Nuada's likeness, paint and sculpt was just horrible.

Again, I'm not sure how shf even came into here but honestly by now it's pretty clear that Bandai has such a large output that some are spot-on, like Bruce Lee and Darth Maul... and some are also derp times. Same goes for this Mezco line for me, some of them look great, some of them look really questionable.

I actually collect SICs, SHF, revoltechs and the last few US figures I've bought are Mezco's Hellboy comic book line, NECA Predator Arnold figure. Again, I realize both of these companies, Mezco and Bandai hire different sculptors for different figures even at times, not just sculptor per line... so it gets trickier really to judge the entire company.
>>
>>6243639
>implying we're gay.

Go back to iraq where you fags came from.
>>
File: one12 superman.jpg (244KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
one12 superman.jpg
244KB, 1500x1500px
Something weird is going on with the classic superman for this line.

they added a new promo image a while ago where he clearly has a different, thicker, neck than the other shots and the version of the figure they showed off at toyfair.

Did they photoshop the neck? Are they changing the neck?

What gives?
>>
File: one12 superman toyfair 2017.jpg (212KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
one12 superman toyfair 2017.jpg
212KB, 2048x1362px
>>6243746
Contrast with the superman we saw at toyfair
>>
>>6243749
man all that sculpting ability at Mezco and they go with cloth over 6 inch figures... I really wish this was more of a line where they explored more specific takes on each character, like Superman having a diff proportion and musculature compared to Batman and such... if you get what I mean. I guess this is just way easier to turn up a profit on though and maintain on QC, since they're dealing with fewer paint apps and unique molds.
>>
>>6243752
The first picture seems to be altogether better proportioned than the first, and bulkier than some of their other figures.

I'm really just concerned because if we are getting this superman
>>6243746
I'll buy it.

If we are getting this one
>>6243749
I probably won't.

Also, if they keep wanting to do cloth goods, wire your damn capes, Mezco.
>>
>>6243597
>pretending to be retarded
Stopped reading there. Sorry if I made you type out all that crap only for me to ignore it all but hey, being an asshole doesn't really make an argument.
>>
>>6243622
>Hasbro
>God tier sculptors

I do not have a smug anime face smug enough for this.
>>
>>6243746

Holy shit. The neck ain't the only thing that changed. Kinda ridiculous imagining that dude as clark kent.
>>
>>6243746
Mezco are constantly changing and tweaking these until they come out.
>>
>>6243984
Right, but why are they still showing the old one at shows if that one exists?
>>
>>6244119
When did they add that picture?
>>
>>6244124
about a month ago

Figure is out in the next couple months or so.
>>
>>6244142
Yeah but Mezco did alter the promo shots before, so I ll wait and see I guess
>>
>>6243749
why is there a superman head sculpt that makes it look like an after meth picture?
>>
>>6244433
the small pale mouth and cheek lines in combo with the skinny neck.

See how much better it works in this

>>6243746
>>
>>6243839
You really can't get better than Hasbro.
>>
>>6244519
Hulk's upper lip was never that big, shit tier sculptors
>>
>>6244519
What line are those tiny Star Wars dudes from?
>>
>>6244549
They're for 1:18 figures.

Pretty amazing they can produce tiny replicas so easily for 3.75" figures, outclassing pretty much every ~6" line.

Gentle Giant was a mistake... despite GG producing figures in 1:18 too. But Hasbro kinda fucked themselves over by sticking with them exclusively by making the announcement for them specifically, instead of picking and choosing sculptors for their strong points.
>>
>>6244564
I meant the little figures between the heads.
>>
File: IMG_6250.jpg (2MB, 2731x3977px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6250.jpg
2MB, 2731x3977px
>>
>>6243514
Lazy or/and fat fucks don't run
>>
>>6243511
Oh shit fucking rekt
>>
>>6244585
nice setup, dude.

Love the fish tank, where'd you get it?
>>
File: fighter pods.jpg (39KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
fighter pods.jpg
39KB, 500x389px
>>6244570
oh, those were these pieces of gummy savers.

Not entirely sure how the game was played, but i think you had to knock them over.

Kinda cool if they were sold in blind bags or vending machines, but without that form of gambling and being able ot pick and choose what oyu actually wanted, kinda kills all enjoyment unless you really wanted the figurines and/or play the game
>>
File: IMG_6225.jpg (22KB, 240x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6225.jpg
22KB, 240x196px
>>6244606
Ya ok
>>
>>6243511
This is a perfectly formed and timed reply, A+++ really. Shame it's a bit undercut by the fact that the photo it was shitting on wasn't really that bad or poorly posed.
>>
>>6244607
It's from the latest Re-Ment series
>>
>>6244704
Is poorly pose because no soldier salutes like that
>>
>>6234100
>>6239071
>>6243514
>>
File: mfw.png (492KB, 885x438px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
492KB, 885x438px
>>6234100
>>6239071
>>6243514

fug, forgot image
>>
>>6244803
It's also literally just a neutral standing museum pose with a bad salute.

It's like putting a single dot of paint on a canvas and then telling someone else they don't know how to paint. Absolutely minimal attempt to do anything.
>>
>>6244819
Not even close
I'm don't care for Mezco but your humor is shit
>>
File: 75d463276b8482f217a7daa6364910e3.jpg (157KB, 564x1263px) Image search: [Google]
75d463276b8482f217a7daa6364910e3.jpg
157KB, 564x1263px
>>6234100
The proportions are shit and that's unacceptable at that price point
You better shit a new mold for $80
>>
>>6234100

>>Let's whine like a little bitch.
>>
File: 100_1732.jpg (49KB, 453x480px) Image search: [Google]
100_1732.jpg
49KB, 453x480px
>>6244803
>>6244869
His photo is still not a "bad" pose to me. It's not super interesting, yeah, and I know fuck-all about proper saluting, but to me it looks realistic and feasible. I can see a real person standing in this posture and giving a jaunty little salute. Weight is distributed realistically, there's nothing that sets off alarm bells in my head. Again, maybe lazy, but I tend to use the term "bad pose" to actually refer to BAD posing. Pic absolutely related.

And btw, the two Flash running photos posted ITT are kinda bad. First one looks like he's trying to do the superman, or balance on one leg in some kinda yoga pose. No sense of motion or momentum. Second one sells running a little better, but it still looks goofy somehow. I think it might be that the arm isn't crossing the chest. Think about how you run, you don't robotically rotate your shoulders perfectly in line with your torso. Your shoulders use the "butterfly joint" motion to cross your chest as you run.
>>
>>6245728
It's literally default pose plus arm raised badly.

Point was, people shouldn't talk shit when propping themselves up with shit. It makes them look like an idiot.

>or balance on one leg

They did say in their previous post that the figures have weak ankles that fucked running poses, so that makes sense.
>>
>>6235237
>I can't into reading comprehension
Faggot.
>>
File: 20170321_223624.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_223624.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>6234100
Fuck you, he looks amazing.
>>
File: 20170321_224750.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_224750.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>6247667
Fucking 4chan
>>
>>6245967
>It's literally default pose plus arm raised badly.
Again, I don't see anything particularly bad about the raised arm, and you would be surprised at how many people fuck up "default pose." Take a look in your average display thread and you'll find at least one example of figures standing in completely unnatural, awkward stances that the owner thought were "default."

I don't even know why I'm trying so hard to defend this shit. It's mediocre as fuck. I'm just saying it's not the terrible photo people seem to be trying to make it out to be.
>>
>>6247669
The Punisher really got an awesome game
>>
File: IMG_6283.jpg (1MB, 2389x3523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6283.jpg
1MB, 2389x3523px
>>6248065
It was a pic I pulled out of my ass to salute that garbage run pose
>>
>>6248114
This is a better run pose than the Flash ones. The arm crossing the torso and more importantly, the turn of the torso help sell it.
>>
>>6247669
They just couldn't be good guys and release the regular figure with a coat. That's honestly all I want. Thinking about grabbing that mattel undertaker and using his coat. Is that the "seen some shit so I drink" head from the walgreens punisher? Can you show some other pics?
>>
>>6248252
I took the first picture of the flash set.

I also wasn't using a stand, which i mentioned earlier is essentially necessary to get a good run pose out of them because the ankle hinge can't support anything else than essentially what I had set up. Without a stand you literally have to balance them carefully on a flat foot and a weak hinge.

Context is kinda important. I'm noticing other people pointed this out like 3 or 4 times.

I'm modding the stands right now to work better for this. Mezco dropped the ball HARD on the stands for these.
>>
>>6248599
The mezco stands are made seemingly for aerial poses only. It's one of the things I wish they'd fix quickly. They offer nothing for figures that aren't flying.
>>
>People already paying hundreds of dollars for the exclusive punishers
Man, this line has a rabid base already.
>>
>>6248566
When i get home from class, I'll take more snaps.

Yeah, he really should have come with the coat in the initial release. I see it as being a definite cash grab on Mezcos part. I wish that he also had a print of the skull under the armor peice.
>>
>>6248566
>>6249445

If they want to maintain the price point there's no way they could've included the coat without taking something else out
>>
>>6249571
I dunno man, they charge similar prices for figures with few accessories, like joker.
>>
>>6249589

I mean that's basically what he's saying. Joker has a lot of different pieces and really complicated tailoring on his clothing and I'm pretty sure that's why he has a shit accessory count when the rest of the line has so much more. They decided to cut accessories to keep him at their normal price range. Punisher has a shitton of accessories but very simple clothing. But including the trenchcoat kicks up the cost too much which is why they decided to just include it with a deluxe exclusive release, because including the trench coat and trying to maintain the normal price point would mean they'd have to cut a bunch of accessories and that would just be kind of shit for a character like Punisher.
>>
>>6234100
I LOVE FULL CLOTH!!
>>
>>6249571
If not the coat at least a holster on his hip for his pistol... I love the figure though.
>>
My Yellow Daredevil arrived a few days back. Been having fun with it ever since. Great figure.

I also have Spock. No complaints for either. Looking forward to Doc Strange. Briefly considered getting Spider-man as well, but it doesn't impress me from what I've seen so far.
>>
>>6234123
I may be late but THIS
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>6236091
Old Man Logan looks pretty sweet. So does >>6234890

But this definitely. >>6234123
I want a Quietly Superman.
>>
>>6244532
Autistic as fuck
>>
File: 2367.jpg (241KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2367.jpg
241KB, 1500x1500px
>Place order with Mezco June 2016
>Get payment notification yesterday
Thank God. I was starting to get worried.
This will be my first and probably only One:12 figure. When it does arrive, what potential problems should I look for? I would consider this figure a "grail", so I want to make sure that it's been shipped in good condition and that I don't accidentally stress a joint or anything.
>>
File: IMG_6374.jpg (787KB, 1400x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6374.jpg
787KB, 1400x720px
Steve Rogers agent of Hydra
>>
File: succ.png (237KB, 306x429px) Image search: [Google]
succ.png
237KB, 306x429px
>>6257531
>When you shazamed but she still sucking
>>
>>6243749
Why are the underpants so obviously stitched to the legs? They should have been their own piece.
>>
>>6262357
Agreed
>>
I miss subjectanon when I'm away from this board.
>>
File: Zoom.jpg (2MB, 1946x2347px) Image search: [Google]
Zoom.jpg
2MB, 1946x2347px
I don't know why I ever had such a low expectation for these, maybe it was all the delays.
I love the shit out of this Zoom. Finally a figure for him and its excellent.
>>
>>6243380

>You're basically telling me that you can't tell a high quality print from a cut out from an 80s magazine.

No. He's telling you the face on a plastic figure of Bruce Lee doesn't look blurry in-hand despite the method used to adhering said face to plastic.

He's not even saying there's no difference. He's just saying it doesn't look blurry. Learn 2 read.
>>
>>6248599
>>6248617
you guys know you can just unscrew the arms of the stand and make the stand shorter right??

>>6257531
Nah, once you go Mezco, you wont be able to stop. You'll probably have to get the Black Adam too
>>
When is the Wonder Woman coming out?
>>
>>6267314
Why doesn't the belt actually connect? Its what throws the look off
>>
>>6267403
It has to do with maintaining posability and reducing the chance of damaging the suit when turning him.

It's really not that noticable unless you, well, blow the figure up many times its size in a photo.

>>6267401
A bigger problem is that the claws on the stand are ridiculously huge compared to what they need to be, and using them instantly makes your display ugly.
>>
>>6267314
Damn, Zoom definitely needs to be the next one I get. I don't have a single Flash or Reverse flash figure since they've all been pretty shit. These look pretty neat, though. Also check out that Zoom Bulge.

Superman looks awesome as well. So far the want list is:
Zoom, Flash, Captain America, Batman, Daredevil. The others aren't released yet.
>>
>>6268229
I'll have to get a photo of Green Arrow up as well as Flash. Both of them are fantastic as well.

I think I'm going all in on DC comic based stuff. Deathstroke is the only one I'm not sure about but anything I don't like about him I'm hoping is just coming from the photos.
>>
>troll thread becomes Mezco general

I'm proud /toy/
>>
>>6268316
Deathstroke looks awesome to me. He is one I am super excited about. So far I have Joker, Punisher, and green arrow. Punisher was how I got into the line and he is probably my favorite figure now.
>>
File: superman dcc icons.jpg (39KB, 650x778px) Image search: [Google]
superman dcc icons.jpg
39KB, 650x778px
>>6267393
>doesn't understand that cheapo printed magazines use the same sized dots as these figures
Can you stop BSing just to defend an awful print method that could have been done better using actual paint apps?

Everyone else can tell when other lines use the same technology, so its pretty clear there's a heavy bias for that line... or is it just a far sighted fanbase?
>>
>>6262320
Mighty mighty bosskek..
>>
File: 0152 - xeFHyag.jpg (26KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
0152 - xeFHyag.jpg
26KB, 680x583px
SUBJECTANON GO AWAAAYY
REEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>6243459
>caring about the reviews
Collect for yourself.
Also, I'd rather get the Mafex or DCC one, or just wait for a better version. Mezco didn't even try replicating that kind of shitty metallic sci-fi mesh he uses on the movies.
>>
File: flarrow.jpg (1MB, 2108x1642px) Image search: [Google]
flarrow.jpg
1MB, 2108x1642px
Had a chance to have a play around with these two. Wally West head is awesome.

Arrow is great, all the arrows you could want and some decent poseability with the exception of ankles. In fact the one criticism I have with Mezco articulation in general, it is in that area.
>>
>>6268733
Could just be me, but damn their Flash looks better with the Wally head sculpt.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.