[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, Recently got out of a pretty bad place and now I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

Hey all,

Recently got out of a pretty bad place and now I'm financially settled and making good money. I want to start buying figures again, and there are a few things I was coveting - I was wondering if you guys could help me out with market prices and finding these things.

First thing - I really want the 1000toys 1/6 Synthetic Human. Realistically, what do these things sell for? I'm fine buying used. I don't really want to settle for the 1:12, but I really don't want to be paying more than 400-500 for it.
>>
>>6222248
You're looking at about $300 minimum at this point. Try Mandarake.
>>
>>6222260
$300 is fine. I was terrified it was going to be about 1k. What sort of search queries would I try on Mandarake?
>>
>>6222265
千値練
>>
Hmmm. Are people really interested in paying 300 dollars for him? What about without the box? I'm more of a 1/12 collector and I prefer my tinier robo to the larger one I got.
>>
I do have one for sale, based in UK though.
>>
>>6222389
>>6222391
I'm based in Australia, and willing to pay international shipping. If either of you are interested in working out a deal leave your e-mails (or list it in the BST).
>>
how do you have money, how do i get out of a bad place?
>>
>>6222394

I be OK doing this, however, worried as I don't want to send my details out here in the chan. Do you have a contact email?.
>>
>>6222391
How much you looking for, I'm also UK based.
>>
>>6222248
>gets out of bad place
>immediately want to blow 300 on a figure being scalped
this is how scalpers win
>>
>>6222576
200 shipped, what I paid. Can do pics.
>>
Why are so many people willing to drop so much cash on this generic robot man?
Am I missing something?
>>
>>6222596

Its the articulation man.
>>
>>6222248
You just missed the rerelease, at least though the market orice is lower, 200-300.
>>
Let me know if anyone is interested in buying got. UK based but happy to shop abroad if you're willingly to pay
>>
You could just wait for the next rerelease. The preorder windows are very small, so you'll have to stalk 1000toys' blog at all times.
>>
Actually just sold one I'd only taken out of the box 2-3 times for 190 on the BST, go figure.

It was the re-release but still.
>>
So I'm >>6222389 , US based and I'm on spring breakeroni. I think I left the alt hands in my dorm. Would this matter to a buyer or should I wait until I've got them back?
>>
>>6222801
What do you think, dipshit? I hope your parents arnt paying much for your school.
>>
They were still selling new ones for 16000 yen at wonfes last month, I wouldn't pay more than 300$ for it (and honestly, for the quality of this toy, this price is already over the top)
>>
I post mine on the bst, however, any tips?. Worrie about giving my email address etc.
>>
>>6223896
Open a new account just for the BST, it's not that hard.
>>
wait a minute, is that the TOHA HEAVY INDUSTRIES of Blame!, Biomega and Sidonia no kishi? seriously, it does exist and no one have made a threat about it before?
>>
>>6223896
when did you post on BST, I can't find it.
>>
>>6224964

Just posted it.
>>
>>6224904
They often make threads about 1000toys toys, and the synthetic human is their flagship.

They're re-releasing the 1/12 one, along with the 1/12 carb, you can still get them directly on their site, and probably from amiami etc.

Honestly, the 1/6 is not worth the aftermarket price, it's barely worth the original price (around 150 usd).

They're a small company, but they make a decent (not perfect) job at what they do.

If 1/12 is ok with you, you should definitely get it.
>>
>>6226645
thank you, it looks good, but i don't know, they don't own the licence of Blame. they have the spirit.
>>
>>6228381
They don't have the license for Blame but Tsutomu Nihei is designing these characters and is involved with the line on a creative level.

Would I prefer licensed characters I actually have stronger feelings about? Sure. These are the best you're going to get for now though.
>>
>>6226645
>it's barely worth the original price (around 150 usd).

what makes you say that? the lack of accessories?
>>
>>6228468
Not that guy but the 1/12 one is superior because it actually includes hands that can hold weapons/accessories and because there is way more accessories in that scale in general. The proportions have been slightly tweaked and look much better. The articulation is also much more pleasing to work with at the smaller scale and everything feels better.

The 1/6 has one advantage and that's the jaw hinge on the unmasked face.
>>
>>6222389
>>6222801
If you're actually interested in selling please post your email
>>
>>6228611
Here it is my guy. But like I said before. The hands are in my dorm for the week.
>>
>Toha Heavy Industries logo

I've read Blame and Sidonia. Is this thing from one of Nihei's other works?
>>
>>6229304
No, its an original character based on Nihei's work.
>>
>>6228468
>>6228554
The new 1/6 release has weapon holding hands (that in my opinion were made with a too large grip).

The good things about the 1/6 are the amazing posability, and the mask+skull+moving eyes gimmick is cool (in the 1/12 one it has a face swap which is less appealing).

The problem about the 1/6 is that it is an empty shell. It feels like a plastic model.
Also, in general, I think 1000toys' joints are not that good (especially wrists).
And yeah, lastly, you pay 150 bucks for a naked body, two sets of alternate hands, and the face gimmick. No other accessory.
>>
>>6229390
>in the 1/12 one it has a face swap which is less appealing
I actually prefer the face swap. The mask on the 1/6 makes its head look too big.
>>
>>6229583
1/12 cant open its jaw on the skeleton face;quite the deal braker.
>>
>>6229586
Yeah, I guess that would be if you liked the skelly face. Im not a fan of it though, so no loss for me.
>>
>>6228405
yeah it's cool to have some guys who tried
>>
>>6229390
>The new 1/6 release has weapon holding hands (that in my opinion were made with a too large grip).
Generally made pointless by lack of available gear in that scale. 1/6 has a treasure trove of options from model kit weapons to various action figure lines.

>The problem about the 1/6 is that it is an empty shell. It feels like a plastic model.
1/6 stuff never feels that great to hold and move. It's either ridiculously heavy (which affects posing) or ridiculously light and cheap feeling. When 1/12 stuff is light it's generally not seen as an issue and helps greatly with posing options.

Honestly the better proportioned head and shoulder joint caps (no caps on 1/6 makes fugly shoulders) make the 1/12 better without even factoring in fun accessory use. Unless someone is a strict 1/6 collector that shit isn't worth $150 much less $300+
>>
>>6228611
So are you actually interested in buying?
>>
>>6228554
>Not that guy but the 1/12 one is superior because it actually includes hands that can hold weapons/accessories and because there is way more accessories in that scale in general.

Just about every weapon and military-themed accessory from real-life or science-fiction has been made in 1/6 scale.
>>
>>6229883
You are objectively wrong. There is plenty of realistic modern day and historical weaponry available in that scale (often very expensive) but there is a big lack of sci-fi gear. Nothing that even comes close to comparing to the modular option sets that Koto's M.S.G. weapons line offers.
>>
File: IMG_6036.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6036.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>6229746
>1/6 stuff never feels that great to hold and move

I felt like that until I had this guy. He has unlimited posing it feels like
>>
File: IMG_6704.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6704.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6222248
I'm a huge fan of 1000toys synthetic humans. I'm also in the market for buying a 1/6 scale normal synthetic human. Either you get them or you don't. One of the best high end figures you can buy. I instantly fell in love. I also collect hot toys and enterbay but sometimes get worried posing them. But not with these. They are great.
>>
>>6229970
And of course my phone rotates the picture.

>>6229877
Im interested.
>>
File: IMG_0336.jpg (264KB, 1016x1182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.jpg
264KB, 1016x1182px
>>6226645
>>6228554
>>6229746
>>6229965
>>6229970
>>6229970
I just got the 1/12 scale synthetic human and I'm in love with it. I've gotten pretty jaded with collecting recently, everything I'm into is either spiralling in price or producing nothing I'm interested in, being run by morons, taking a serious dip in quality, or generally becoming complacent and not making any attempt to improve.

The synthetic human is the first figure I've picked up in two years I've actually repeatedly picked up and played with. Love the design, love the engineering, love that it's an original thing unencumbered by a franchise license. Reminds me of early ThreeA but better.

Seriously thinking of having a massive collection purge and using the profits to grab some of the 1/6 figures.
>>
File: IMG_6713.png (956KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6713.png
956KB, 1242x2208px
>>6230328
I would grab one of the new ones enzi sold out but her dark dark green counterpart is still up for pre order. Only doing the one production of them. 230 shipped. Enzi who sold out already is going close to 400$ on eBay.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.