[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I've recently been buying Hot Toys which has cost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: nic-cage-ghostriderintervie1.jpg (18KB, 350x371px) Image search: [Google]
nic-cage-ghostriderintervie1.jpg
18KB, 350x371px
>mfw I've recently been buying Hot Toys which has cost me now over a grand in just 2 months
How can I get myself back to being interested in 6, 7 inch stuff?

Hot Toys offer the best accessories ever and I am a big fan of loose, cotton clothing so of course it is a big turn on but I need to take a break from spending so much.
>>
>>6215030
Remind yourself you're buying dollies and that makes you a faggot. Then buy something cool, like robots or trucks that you can smash together.

Seriously, I don't know what to tell you. I think Hot Toys are fine, but I wouldn't be spending a grand in two months on them, since they don't appeal to me that much. If it's what you want and you CAN afford it, no reason to change. If you're going broke, well... stop being fucking stupid and putting yourself in debt for plastic.
>>
>>6215030
Hot Toys don't age well. The bodies are rubber and will eventually crack. Remind yourself that their longevity is poor and they won't make it to see your grandchildren.
>>
>>6215070
>Hot Toys don't age well.
I am aware of this but me having fun with a Harvey Dent 2 Face that I got 2 weeks ago - I've been so happy.

I ordered an Indiana Jones Hot Toys now and I am so excited to have it in my hands :)

Even though I know they may not age well just something about them makes me want them so bad
>>
>>6215076
It sounds like your mind is made up and nothing said in this thread is gonna change that, buy what you want nigga
>>
>>6215070
That is a highly case by case scenario. They don't use rubber bodies for characters like Deadpool where they're limbs are covered by a suit. Hell they didn't even use a rubber body for Drax.

OP if you can't afford it just pick your favorites and leave it at that.
>>
treat your autism
>>
>>6215030
Buy what you want but accept that in case of HT you can only buy X a month.
If you like them there's no reason to force yourself to buy other stuff just because it's cheaper.
Accept that you can either have a dozen small figures you kinda want or one figure you really want.
>>
learn that buying toys shouldn't be a regular occurrence and enjoy what you have and only buy when you actually like something
>>
>>6215203
I don't understand people's fascination with dozens of small figures. 12 inch is the best way to go
>>
>>6216941
Sometimes those smaller figures never get a 12 inch figure.
>>
>be Hot Shitoyer
>try to pose figure
>barely moves
>shit breaks
>never again
>>
>>6216941
Maybe they just don't like giant dollies that suck up massive amounts of shelf space and are difficult to pose.
>>
>>6216941
Aesthetically 6'' tends to be more forgiving with a lot of designs. Anime characters in 12'' scale tend to look terrible. Also Hot toys is pretty much limited to movie representations of characters and a few video game stuff. hugh Jackman isn't my ideal Wolverine.
>>
File: IMG_6053.jpg (2MB, 2426x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6053.jpg
2MB, 2426x4032px
Mezco 1:12 ?
>>
>>6217200
>Hot toys is pretty much limited to movie representations of characters
This

>>6217062
>and are difficult to pose
Its counter intuitive, but most 6 inch scale figure have better articulation than hot toys do. Also, its hard to photo graph 12 inch stuff, you need much bigger back drop.
>>
>>6215030
>offer the best accessories ever

Not if you like alternate face parts. Even if they make the same character in a different outfit they'll keep the same uncanny resting bitch face. I should also add that there is no point for you autists to point out the handful of figures that do include alternate face parts, as they are the exception to the rule.

Let's not forget how awful their Luke, Han, and Chewie figures are either. I'm a Star Plan fan, I'll admit it!

>mfw this is an le epin :^) troll thread

Ya got me!
>>
>>6217062
"giant dollies"

Dude, head to the doll thread here where people collect 1/3 and upwards.
Hot Toys are nothing compared to that.

>>6217356
>its hard to photo graph 12 inch stuff, you need much bigger back drop

I personally always thought that the bigger pieces are great for outdoors and look pretty cool in a cabinet (less clusterfuck-ish), but smaller ones are better for quirky setups and when you can't go out at all.

I like the realism of 1/6, but posing is really meh in some cases and as other anon said, at least with Hot Toys your choices are a tad limited in regards to certain characters.
But there's a lot more out there than just HT.
>>
>>6217284
He might as well throw his money down the toilet.
>>
>>6219070
>this shit tastes bad but diarrhea infected with cholera tastes even worse so it's not that bad

Fantastic logic.
>>
>>6217477
The DC figures are the best
>>
>>6219086
Don't really understand how you got that from that post. Just ridiculous how someone whines about "giant dollies" that apparently take away so much space when other people can easily handle bigger sizes without any issues.

You guys always act like anything bigger than your small dick is gigantic.
>>
>>6215030
I used to collect the MCU Hot Toys, but ended up getting sick of the lack of articulation. Luckily Figuarts, Sentinel, Mafex, and Revoltech started releasing 6 inchish figures of the characters with better articulation, haven't had interest in a Hot Toys since.

Not to mention my wife was relieved as she thought the hot toys were in that uncanny valley of being realisticly creepy dolls.
>>
>>6219075
>"uh turlet hur hur"
explain retard
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.