[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do official toy brand companys battle against against bootlegs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: ?.png (304KB, 722x768px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
304KB, 722x768px
how do official toy brand companys battle against against bootlegs and pirates? i'v been seeing a lot of LEPIN and LEGO threads so i'm curious
>>
File: 1487025082.jpg (49KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
1487025082.jpg
49KB, 600x469px
They try to pretend it's a threat to their bottom line, the way game companies do, to hype a non-issue. Lego tells countries some bullshit about "well these brands that aren't ours could hurt someone and we'd be blamed", a line they used for all competing brands wherever they can. Takara threatens Japanese retailers, but Japanese copyright law is in the dark ages and companies basically make the laws. In the US we see little to combat it- they sued to be forbidden on eBay but no longer, and so many online retailers that carry them also carry the official stuff, and what's Hasbro gonna do, cut their revenue stream down by not letting those stores sell their stuff?

They banded together and tried to push things like SOPA and TPP instead as a general blanket law to make it criminally illegal to do anything that doesn't benefit big companies. That's how they really tried to "fight" it.
>>
maybe Lego does so little because of that thing that happened a few years ago that caused all these official knock-offs to appear. also because i dont even see enough of them where i live so something must be working. also doesn't china own the molds or something that allows them to sell and make what they have?
>>
>>6214344
piracy does hurt the gaming industry...
>>
>>6214728
>that happened a few years ago that caused all these official knock-offs to appear

pls explain
>>
>>6224012
Thats because the industry is cateered towards children and manbabies
>>
>>6224012
the biggest cases of actual visible damage to the comapnies were usually because the company tried to fight Piracy with DRM that made it easy for anti-DRM people to scare a sizable chunk of the mainstream. Sometimes they bring it on themselves by challenging the pirates.
>>
>>6214344
Patents are a bad meme
>>
>>6225650

This
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.