[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what happened to the toys? Did they get buried in a landfill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

So what happened to the toys?
Did they get buried in a landfill in New Mexico or something?
>>
File: IMG_5973.jpg (2MB, 4032x2775px)
IMG_5973.jpg
2MB, 4032x2775px
Took this a few weeks ago at my local Walmart.
>>
>>6196802 to the ghostbuster toys?.
>>
>>6196804

Same. My Wal-Mart also discounted the real ones, but only to like $16 something, and those are all now gone. The ladies are all still there for $5 each if you need them
>>
>>6196802
Marked down to 5 dollars in our clearance section, still not selling (walmart).
>>
>>6196804
Found one at a goodwill in the box for like 5$

...still wasn't worth it
>>
>>6196802
They got closed out and will probably show up at Ross or Goodwill soon.

>Overpriced
>Poor quality
>made from a dogshit adaption
>All female figures
>Including minorities

It was a perfect storm for them to shelfwarm HARD. It'll be 10 to 20 years before we see them try Ghostbusters again.
>>
File: GreenLanternMovieMasters-1.jpg (121KB, 799x703px) Image search: [Google]
GreenLanternMovieMasters-1.jpg
121KB, 799x703px
Somehow, the """"Ghostbusters"""" weren't even the worst pegwarmers I've ever seen.
>>
>>6196804
I picked up the classic ones for $4.50 but couldn't find Winston. Was he shortpacked? I was luck to get one Egon from the 5 Walmarts on my area.
>>
>>6197200
4 ugly female figures, you mean. If they'd hired attractive women AND if the new suits looked better than homemade, these might have sold.

Actually if the film had been better they may have sold but it was some self-hating fag director trying to pander to womyn that don't buy shit marketed to them. Cold be worse- could have failed as bad as the Jem movie did. At least Hasbro saw that film was shit and didn't waste money on making toys, or they'd be selling out to Mattel right now.
>>
>>6197215
These look alright—
>DCC hips
Nope.
>>
>>6197215
Thing is, I don't even hate the look of some of these. Some are even outright cool. I was mostly offended by the shit movie. Well, and what they did to Kilowog, the big lunk deserves better.
>>
>>6196802 Walmart has the worst toys, followed by Target. They're either clunky, look roided out, cheap as shit, or from a series that nobody gives a flying fuck about.
>>
>>6197330

Welcome to American retailers/toylines.
>>
>>6196804
My local Toy R Us is still trying to get $15 for them. My local Walmart still prices them at $9.99.
>>
File: 1465732523374.jpg (52KB, 490x543px)
1465732523374.jpg
52KB, 490x543px
>>6197233
>4 ugly female figures,
This
> if the film had been better they may have sold
This as well

I remember the butthurt being so great around the time of the films release that modes on /toy/ started deleting legit Ghostbuster 2016 threads left, and right the moment anyone started saying anything negative about the ladies.

This thread is a good example of that.

https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/thread/5729131/#q5736084

It was a Ghostbusters blind bag thread that helped anons find codes on the back of the bags that would help them know which figure was in each bag.
>>
>>6197215
Jesus christ, I remember the huge displays these pieces of shit had at Walmart and TRU. They converted them to a dedicated clearance section very quickly and shit still didn't move
>>
>>6197185
Not even 3/4ths of what a man makes
>>
>>6197342 that's because toy's r us is autistic when it comes to pricing their shit.
>>
>These shitters get toys but we'll never get a modern Kylie figure

I hate everything
>>
>>6197641 That would be TGTBT.
>>
>>6197224
egon and winston were 1 per box, 2 for ray and Peter.
>>
>>6197641
if she did it'd probably be based on that fuck-awful IDW comic instead, where every artist is DA-tier terrible. Enjoy her mouth on the side of her face.

Why can't that joke of a company go out of business?
>>
I found a Bill Murray for 5$ in walmart clearance. Scooped.
>>
>>6197215

Those figures were horrible and the movie was even worse...BUT the GL figures were ordered in HUGE amounts and most stores had large displays of these that sat there and rotted forever. The Ghostbuster figures didn't receive any kind push like the GL figures did. They only had a few pegs in the isle.

My Walmart has about 12 pegs full of these Ghostbusters figures for $5 each

My TRU still had these up to about a year ago.
>>
>>6197215
we have to go deeper
>>
>>6196804

But muh strong women! This can't be right...the movie was amazing and great and made women stronger...nooooo! Noooo, this is all men's fault for manbabying!
>>
Funny thing is the director actually knew how to do an all female comedy. Bridesmaids and Spy were surprisingly funny but Ghostbusters ovarian cancer edition was pure shit.
>>
>>6196802
It's the women!!!! No one cares bout them.. where's the originals??
>>
>>6196804
I'm surprised they haven't been booted to dollar stores yet.
>>
>>6196804
I bet a MAN put those stickers on there. Yuck!
>>
>>6196804
But that's a lie. The toys sold very well. https://variety.com/2016/film/news/mattel-strong-ghostbusters-toy-sales-1201820557/
>>
lol, I remember seeing them marked down to clearance at my Wal-mart while the movie was STILL IN THEATERS.

And I'm not talking about those cheap theaters that only show movies that are about to come out on DVD 2 weeks later
>>
>>6199311

Exclusive to Wal-Mart.
>>
>>6196802
Were these secretly Walmart exclusives or something? I never saw them at my local Target or Meijer, just Walmart lol.
>>
>>6199379
a rather small article with no numbers or graphs or anything to back up very vague PR comments. They did not specify where sales were strongest, and since the original busters were sold alongside the four new busters, if they sold out on all the originals very fast that is a 50% sales. That is pretty good for early releases.

Also since this is the company saying it, they may not even be refering to individual sales from stores, but to how many cases they sold to stores. You can never really trust these PR interviews unless numbers are thrown around.
>>
>>6199512
the article is obviously pure lies
>>
>>6199519
i wouldn't say 'pure lies', just a bunch of half truths an things that are qouteed out of context. I have no reason to doubt a lot of the Ghostbuster merch was popular. If you look at the overall amount of different toys they made, I bet not a single lady buster could have sold and Mattel still would be able to claim they made a prrofit on the franchise as a whole, as long as everything else was selling.
>>
>>6199379
See >>6198722

It was basically the same situation. Stores ordered HUGE amounts of the figures before the movie was even out so the company claimed that sales were great (for them). At stores they ended up going on clearance like 2 weeks before the movie was even out and then stayed on clearance afterwards because the movie release didn't do much to boost sales.
>>
>>6199818
that was the plan though. They wanted the movie and the toys to fail so they could scream MUH SOGGY KNEE.

It's like how /pol/ wants terrorist attacks to happen so they can scream "see? Them non-whites are EVIL!"
>>
These could be half decent just to cannibalize the ectosuits for some customs.

Other than that this shit is going to end up on an Ashens Poundland Special within the month.
>>
>>6196802
>Lego Dimensions has Patty insulting both Peter Venkman AND Harry Potter

Stuff like that is deliberate bait. They want you to get mad so they can scream that every critic hates women.
>>
>>6200065
well the whole thing was bait

>SJW pandering
>gay director who hates straight men
>casting an ugly black woman to deliberately get "gorilla" comments from bigots

Don't forget that the movie did poorly but was "heavily pirated" according to the MPAA, gotta have that fuel to pass TPP.
>>
>>6200065
It being a Lego game, I'm assuming that was a deliberate joke
>>
>>6200098
>implying they didn't know it would piss people off
>>
>>6199313
They don't want it.
>>
>>6199260

I'm willing to bet both of those had none of them improving whereas Ghostbusters 2016 didn't seem to have a single written joke.
>>
>>6197233

This

The Avengers consisted of good looking male actors, the X-Men consisted of good looking male actors and SOMEHOW Ghostbusters 2.0 with his feminist agenda director had to get 4 ugly women.

Ugly women can't do anything, it's a fact.

They exist to take care of the cat population problem and make gay men feel good about themselves.
>>
>>6197215
i wish the bottom left one stayed longer. i had to settle for Fish Lantern, who was pretty cool for a while
>>
>>6197224
I got Winston and Ray for $5, Venkman for $9, but only ever saw Egon for $20 and never got it. Damnit.
>>
>>6199607
Maybe once in the entire life of the line did I see any of the proton packs on the shelves. Those things sold like hotcakes.
>>
>>6196802
I got the Yates fig for 5 bucks at Walmart. If nothing else, I figured, 5 dollar proton pack.

The proton pack wasn't worth 5 dollars, and neither was the rest of the toy. The cord connecting the pack to the gun is a single solid piece of plastic and the figure's wrists are so useless you couldn't pose it using the gun even if they weren't.

This thing has the must fucked up neck joint I've ever seen. It's at the base of the neck, like the 5 inch Doctor Who figures, but it's a ball joint, so it's easy to pop off and it looks really odd in most any pose.
>>
>>6197641
I'd kill for a Kylie figure, hell, anything from Extreme or The Real would be a dream.

Picked up Bill Murray at me Walmart for 5 bucks, I have no ghost figures so he's by this guy on my shelf.
>>
File: IMG_20170222_010948.jpg (780KB, 1777x3160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170222_010948.jpg
780KB, 1777x3160px
>>6203289
image didnt upload
>>
Work at Walmart and recently everything GB related was put on clearance. The female ghostbusters had all already been sitting on clearance for a month and a half without moving and even the rest of the GB stuff that was recently put on clearance is selling hand over fist compared to em.

1 or 2 toys each of the original GBs were tossed on clearance as well for $5 and every single one sold out within a day

>>6197374
>It was a Ghostbusters blind bag thread that helped anons find codes on the back of the bags that would help them know which figure was in each bag.
All of the little blindbags were put on clearance for 75 cents each and thanks to that thread I ended up getting the bee ghost, terror dog, and blue rat ghost.
Might end up attempting to get Winston, Ray, Egon, and Venkman too.

>toy department manager HATES those female gb toys with a firey passion
>has been attempting to talk the store manager into biting the figurative bullet and taking em all off the shelves and letting us take em out to the shooting range for target paractice
>>
>>6207301
>let's bite the figurative bullet and make these toys bite a literal bullet.

10/10 manager of the year. would enjoy working under
>>
>>6197215
These things are still clogging up stores like Ross on my end. My brother got me Kilowog for Christmas for like 5 bucks.

He's hollow but I like him well enough.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.