[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's paraded around here that if you cancel too many preorders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: amiami1.png (472KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
amiami1.png
472KB, 400x300px
It's paraded around here that if you cancel too many preorders from Amiami that they blacklist you, but do they really?
I've been buying from them for 3 years and at most canceled 4 to 5 preorders from them and all they've done is send an e-mail saying "Alright, but don't do it again!"
>>
are you a big spender otherwise? Accounts are canceled on a case-by-case basis and they have more leniency on folks who regularly purchase from them
>>
as much as I hate the term, it really is just a meme.
>>
>>6185289
>are you a big spender otherwise?
Fairly moderate. I don't cancel orders very often or in bulk, and I figured they'd be a little more lenient with long time, trust worthy customers. Ever since hearing about being blacklisted for canceling orders on Amiami I hesitate even thinking about it.
>>
File: 1435583727348.png (19KB, 650x349px) Image search: [Google]
1435583727348.png
19KB, 650x349px
It depends on how much you buy from them. If you make big orders every month and cancel every once in a long while they'd be losing money by banning you.

Pic related, a guy from /a/ with gigantic orders. They don't seem to give much of a fuck as long as we keep giving them shekels. But it's best not to fuck with them, if you're not sure of an order just use HLJ.
>>
Yeah I just started purchasing from them at the beginning of last year and had something from them every month or so. Towards the end of the year I had a few times where I missed a payment or asked to cancel or even let me pay a day or so late after the payment period and they seemed fine with it. I guess since I was vocal with them and asked politely for help and such is why it might have worked. Hell I had a ton of preorders for Jan and had to miss three of them but I told them I couldnt pay for them and apologized for not cancelling so they were fine with it since the rest of my orders to date have been paid for on time.

As for HJY though they give me a warning now saying I have one more fuck up every time I try to orders something so I dropped them for now.
>>
It's a fucking meme that newfags parrot
Some are even saying they don't let you combine shipping and always ship your stuff separately and other newfags believe it
Like holy shit
>>
I'm looking to buy 3 figures from amiami and I'm not sure which the cheapest shipping option will be, I've only ever used RSAL and one time I used EMS.

Should I just go for EMS leaving it as a combined order, or should I split it into 3 and use RSAL? I'm not worried about how long it takes to get here.
>>
File: read the FAQ dipshit.jpg (44KB, 383x270px) Image search: [Google]
read the FAQ dipshit.jpg
44KB, 383x270px
>>6186946
>>
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq.html
>>
>>6186955
>>6186951
I wish I could say that helped, but thanks anyway.
>>
>>6185273
People have also been blacklisted on their first cancellation.

Probably has a lot to do with how much you spend, what the cancellation is, etc.

I remember back when Amiami's customer support used to be amazing. If you got a defective part, they'd make it good. They once sent me a single joint in an envelope because I had problems with a Revoltech.

Then the neckbeards on boards like this started abusing it so they had to crack down.
>>
>>6187022
>If you got a defective part, they'd make it good
They still do. One of my Robot Damashii heads lacked a paint app on one side of its face so I emailed them and they sent me a replacement, no hassle.
>>
They generally don't ban you, just tell you not to do it again.

But one time I canceled a bunch and they sent me an email that I have been cancelling a lot recently and I would be banned if I continue to keep cancelling. So I would say you're generally pretty safe, they'll warn you if they're really going to ban you. But if they see you're not a regular customer and have no pending orders they might ban you without a warning.
>>
File: trauma.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
trauma.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>this fucking thread again
For the last time, it is RANDOM. Stop posting personal anecdotes trying to prove it works this way or that. The only thing we have learned from the spread of experiences is that there are no rules. Some people never get banned no matter how much they cancel, some people get banned instantly on their first cancellation. Some people get a warning, some people get none. Sometimes even big spenders have even gotten blacklisted. THERE IS NO RULE. If I had to guess, I'd say blacklisting is probably handled by completely separate support staff who decide your fate depending on their particular temperament.

tl:dr: Approach with fucking caution and treat every cancellation like it could be your last, cause it could.

Honestly? I don't even know why people use Amiami anymore, with their draconian cancellation policies. Their discounts aren't significantly better than the competition anymore, and HLJ saves me more money in the long run anyway by using their private warehouse feature. Plus HLJ lets you cancel freely at any time with no consequence whatsoever, and their preorder rush isn't as hectic. I see absolutely no reason to even use Amiami anymore.
>>
>>6187069
HLJ used to take way more preorders than they were able to fill which left a bunch of people empty-handed and angry at release, thus deciding to going with Amiami for high-demand figures (since they have a better track record).

Production/distribution's improved since then so I doubt there's much difference between the two retailers now.
>>
>>6187069
>Honestly? I don't even know why people use Amiami anymore, with their draconian cancellation policies. Their discounts aren't significantly better than the competition anymore, and HLJ saves me more money in the long run anyway by using their private warehouse feature. Plus HLJ lets you cancel freely at any time with no consequence whatsoever, and their preorder rush isn't as hectic. I see absolutely no reason to even use Amiami anymore.
AmiAmi is still one of the most popular shops because they built up an amazing reputation for themselves. Not sure when you started collecting but they had the cheapest prices, best padding for shipping, great customer service and extremely reliable order fulfillment. Other shops at the time were upwards of $10-20+ higher, packed things poorly AND canceled people's pre-orders due to overselling or simply because they didn't offer monthly combination. Most shops at the time didn't have any kind of combination.

People bring up HLJ's Private Warehouse a lot these days but do any of you remember how HLJ used to handle order combining? It was essentially "we will wait for all items to go in stock before we request money but we will sell your item to anyone who wants it in the meantime and cancel your PO" which was a SHIT policy. Hell, it was such a mad dash for some items that if you even waited a few days before paying they might sell your PO to some asshole who didn't even PO at all.

HLJ fixed a lot of it's biggest issues and added lots of great features over the years but they didn't used to be this good. They had numerous problems and I am thankful they don't anymore because I do prefer the flexibility their shop offers since AmiAmi is no longer $10-20+ cheaper.
>>
>>6187097
I've been in this game for a long time. I was there when Amiami first opened up their international webshop. And I do remember what it was like back then. Amiami was fresh and exciting, their prices were much better than the competition, etc. But note that in my previous post, I said I don't know why people use Amiami ANYMORE. Things have changed a lot, and not only has HLJ's service improved by leaps and bounds, they've also narrowed the gap on discounts a lot. In fact, I've even seen their discounts hit lower prices than Amiami a few times.

Amiami was a good choice...once. Now they have precious little to stand on.
>>
>>6186946
Go for whatever. When the payment request comes through you get to see all shipping choices and their respective costs for that order when you go to pay it.
>>
>>6187022
>If you got a defective part, they'd make it good. They once sent me a single joint in an envelope because I had problems with a Revoltech.
They still do this. I've had a couple of defective figures a few months ago and they just sent me replacement joints/faceplates.
>>
>>6186963
Probably would have helped if you'd actually read it. Or better yet email the people you're buying from and asking them directly instead of fishing for answers you might not even get.
>>
>>6185310
I've been ordering from AmiAmi for about 6 years now, very regular, spend at least 500/year with them (which is a lot less than some others around here). I've never sent an e-mail to cancel an order, but there's been about 4 times now where I just don't pay because I don't want the stuff anymore, not banned. I got a warning from there around a year ago, and I did it once more this month, didn't get a warning.

It's definitely a very case by case basis, they seem to be very lenient towards regular, long-time customers.
>>
>>6186951
Go faq yourself.
>>
>>6188294
Man, you...you're one hell of a reckless son of a bitch. You're literally daring them to ban you. That ride can't last forever.
>>
File: otakuza sale.jpg (542KB, 1056x628px) Image search: [Google]
otakuza sale.jpg
542KB, 1056x628px
All this talk about how bad Amiami is.
Nobody even remembers Boss Yuhei.
>>
>>6185399
It's not a meme and you can combine your own orders in the web sites interface without even bugging them about it. Makes me wonder who the actual newfag is.
>>
Out of all the years I did business with them, I've only had to do one cancellation, and that was due to an unexpected bill. If you email them and explain your situation, they'll work with you.
>>
>>6188609
Sales were nice and they used expensive really fat carton boxes. rip ripip
>>
>>6187173
Holy shit, how have I never noticed this. I love you.
>>
>>6188609
>let the staff keep their pinkies
kek
>>
>>6189441
>and you can combine your own orders in the web sites interface
That's what he said you illiterate fuck
>>
>>6189441
It is a fucking meme if faggots keep going falseflagging that you'll get banned after one order cancellation
If you do something retarded and cancel an order with nearly a $1000 worth of stuff then you're fucking asking for it, but they obviously won't for a SHF or a figma
Did you not understand my post? I'm saying that people are also trying to convince others that they won't let you combine shipping when you can
I've seen posts like
>hey don't use amiami because they don't let you combine your order, so use hlj
>>
>>6189731
>but they obviously won't for a SHF or a figma
Untrue. This exact thing has happened. See >>6187069, there is no rhyme or reason to it sometimes.
>>
>>6187028
>>6187185
Really? Well that's fucking awesome. I had a defective part and they told me the best they could do was their stupid store credit points, but that was ages ago. Maybe they backpedaled on that policy.
>>
>>6189731
>>hey don't use amiami because they don't let you combine your order, so use hlj
If they're saying it that way, they're bad at chosing their words, but they probably mean that HLJ has the private warehouse and amiami only lets you combine by month.
>>
>>6187082
>HLJ used to take way more preorders than they were able to fill which left a bunch of people empty-handed and angry at release
They still do this, the pre-orders there are open longer but it's still first come first serve as to who gets their item from the first or second wave, let alone get it at all.
>>
>>6189905
Uh..no. They do an order stop on most things. They aren't overselling up to the day of release and even if they slightly oversold chances are a bunch of people will cancel between now and then which is why "order stop" things occasionally go back up.

When's the last time HLJ actually screwed tons of people out of a release?
>>
>>6189945
To clarify...HLJ used to accept unlimited pre-orders regardless of stock or what manufacturers allotted them. They no longer do that. Obviously the earlier you get in an order the better but HLJ is pretty good about closing orders now. In fact they often close them earlier than AmiAmi now. Look at a bunch of figma that are no longer up for PO on HLJ but still up on AmiAmi.
>>
>>6189945
>When's the last time HLJ actually screwed tons of people out of a release?
Figuarts ROTJ Luke.
>>
File: 1475066779973.jpg (71KB, 670x710px) Image search: [Google]
1475066779973.jpg
71KB, 670x710px
I've never pre-ordered from AmiAmi before. Do they charge you right away when using PayPal or do they wait for the item to come in stock? Also how is pre-ordering from them vs Play Asia?
>>
>>6201797
Jesus fucking Christ man, read the goddamn FAQ. It tells you right there on the page.
>>
> don't do the thing they tell you not to do
> REEEE IT'S JUST A MEME

Savage idiots.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.