[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

McFarlane apparently snagged the rights to Rick and Morty, Destiny,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_1549.jpg (70KB, 953x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1549.jpg
70KB, 953x466px
McFarlane apparently snagged the rights to Rick and Morty, Destiny, and the Ghost in the Shell movie.

In case anyone's interested in mediocre statueshit.
>>
I watch R&M in standard def, so I'm okay with this.
>>
>>6179472
Well it could be WAY worse.
Funko could have gotten them.
>>
>>6179493
>could have
you realize there's already R&M Funkos in production?
>>
>>6179472
To be fair i reckon the rick and morty style would only really work as statues anyway, actual figures of them would probably the flimsiest shit, so that's not too bad.

Don't give a shit about the others, though if the GitS movie does well then a Jap line will probably pick it up and do proper figures or kits anyway.
>>
>>6179501
>yeah the Pop Vinyls are fine, but if they had gotten the action figure license for 1:18 or 1:12 on either Destiny or Rick we would NEVER have gotten good figures of them
>>
>>6179507
why did I greentext?
>>
>Rick and Morty
Well that sucks but whatever.
>Destiny
Couldn't care less about figures of that mediocre crap.
>GITS movie
I've got two figmas and some 1/6 action doll of Motoko, I'm good.
>>
>>6179507
The legacy figures aren't great, but they're still better than statueshit
>>
>>6179472
>Rick and Morty
Overpriced knock off LEGOs, here we come!

>Ghost in the Shell movie
Statue shit with maybe 1 point of articulation
>>
>>6179472
Cool, now I can make science my bitch.
>>
>>6179520
>statueshit
I haven't followed Mcfarlane since halo, has it all gone to shit?
>>
>>6179472
Finally destiny in a reasonable figure scale
>>
>>6179735
Yeah. Look up "McFarlane Color Tops".
>>
>>6179472
They aren't even making rick and morty figures, they are ripoff lego sets like the walking dead shit was.
>>
>>6179751
>McFarlane Color Tops
I don't want this at all!
>>
>>6179493
>Funko
Don't you mean Jazwares?
>>
>>6179472
Fuck, McFarlane is the worst american company.
>>
File: FNAF1.jpg (672KB, 2313x1298px) Image search: [Google]
FNAF1.jpg
672KB, 2313x1298px
>>6179555
They're cheaper than LEGOs and are actually higher quality plastic. Very tight fitting legos and the minifigures are amazing.
So i hope they are doing R&M lego sets, because I'm not even a fan of FNaF and have bought their sets just because they look cool.

I've been thinking of using the heads as bank robber masks and putting them on GI Joe figures.
So here's hoping he releases a lot of weird alien and science fiction equipment with his lines.
>>
Mcfarlane toys set the standard for action figures, look at starting lineups before they got started
>>
>>6179472
I hope Mcfarlanw actually gives destiny a line of action figures and not just a generic color top figure. I've been waiting since 2014 for destiny action figures in 1:12 scale I better get more then 1 point of articulation on the figures.
>>
File: gxElAiW.gif (1MB, 477x268px) Image search: [Google]
gxElAiW.gif
1MB, 477x268px
>>6179472
>Ghost in the Shell movie
I keep forgetting that's actually happening. I was hoping it would get lost in movie limbo like the Bebop movie.

Why does Hollywood keep trashing up good IPs and why do normalfags still think the film industry is the pinnacle of art that all properties should strive to reach?
>>
>>6179951
>cheaper
One minifig and small diorama for $15?
>>
File: FNaF Office Mcfarlane.jpg (200KB, 672x711px) Image search: [Google]
FNaF Office Mcfarlane.jpg
200KB, 672x711px
>>6180082
That set is 2 mini figures, and a bunch of highly detailed heads, plus about 150 pieces for $20.
A LEGO for $20 is about 200 pieces, but the LEGO minifigures aren't as detailed as McFarlane's minifigures or even as poseable.

For a fairer comparison, the minisets are ~100 pieces with a minifigure for $10. Whereas LEGO ones are ~90 pieces with mini figure for $10.

So it's a really good deal, especially when you consider the fact that McFarlane's bricks are better than LEGO's and can pass off for being more than being just lego looking sets.
>>
>>6179472
itd be okay if they made these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4EtO7FFbPo
>>
>>6179472
Wubbalubbadubdub!
>>
>>6180109

None of this is particularly true, though.

LEGO has so many sets in so many different lines that the prices tend to be all over the place. Some sets are pretty horrible for the price-to-piece ratio (mostly stuff like Star Wars, etc) but most of LEGO's own properties have really good price points when you average them out.

Also, LEGO's minifigures are more meant to be additional pieces, that can form a figure, since the arms/hands/legs/torsos/heads/etc had all been used as parts from time to time.

It isn't like these FNAF sets, or even something like Megabloks, where its more about the articulate figures and oh by the way, here's a handful of bricks so we can call them building sets.

McFarlane's buildable brick sets are kind of a laugh, really.
>>
>>6180109
Yeah, but it's Five nights at freddys...If you aren't sick of that franchise by now, you're clearly under 12 years old
>>
File: tower set gi joe.jpg (267KB, 1600x1207px) Image search: [Google]
tower set gi joe.jpg
267KB, 1600x1207px
>>6180363
Like i said, i dont' follow FNaF and i only bought the sets because they look neat.
Same reason i bought McFarlane's Walking Dead stuff.

>>6180309
>. Some sets are pretty horrible for the price-to-piece ratio (mostly stuff like Star Wars, etc) but most of LEGO's own properties have really good price points when you average them out.
But you're wrong.
I looked up the prices for their generic sets with one mini figure, so even their non-licensed stuff is more expensive than McFarlane's licensed stuff. The only time LEGO stuff is cheaper is when they're on sale and discounted. They still come with fewer pieces too most of the time.

Also, take a closer look at McFarlane's mini figures. They're built the same way as LEGO's minifigures and are only taller than the minifigures because of extra brick pieces. They're a combination of LEGO and Minimates.

And that's the beauty about McFarlane's stuff, because they can fit in anywhere, unlike LEGOs. They'er building sets, highly detailed dioramas, and buildable scenery for most scales.

Also, if you can find some of the later Walking Dead McFarlane $10 sets, they're going for $100+ now.
>>
>>6180073
>I've been waiting since 2014 for destiny action figures in 1:12 scale I better get more then 1 point of articulation on the figures.
Same, There's so much potential
>>
File: Vault of JUST.png (1MB, 1024x723px) Image search: [Google]
Vault of JUST.png
1MB, 1024x723px
JUST
>>
>>6179472
Neat.
>>
>>6179796
>worse than mattel
>worse than jazwares
>worse than hasbro's worst

nah.
>>
>destiny
Please. I wouldnt even mind if it was statueshit. I don't want to pay $200 for the threeA figures, and I don't really want to get megabloks just because theyre destiny
>>6181941
This could be all they ever make and I would be happy. I would buy all 3
>>
>>6179951
I only have the Walking Dead sets and they were disappointing.
>>
File: 1451865987985.jpg (49KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451865987985.jpg
49KB, 1920x1080px
god dammit , this cant be true.
rick wtf.
>>
Funko just announced their 5" line of R&M figures.
>>
File: 1484532712315.jpg (14KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484532712315.jpg
14KB, 240x240px
>>6182054
How can Funko be worse at making cartoon toys than Jazzwares?
How is that even possible?
>>
>>6182054
they look like fucking kinex figures fucked playmobile
>>
>>6182101
basically funkco uses a program that can add joints to existing model renders. It's why the Fallout and Skyrim one's look so bad, they basically 3d printed the renders but with joints added.
>>
>>6182101
Well it doesn't help they have shit material to try and make a figure of. If the designs were better than webcomic level shit the figures might be better.
>>
File: IMG_0583.jpg (39KB, 600x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0583.jpg
39KB, 600x203px
>>6179507
Your nightmare is already real friend.
>>
File: rickmorty6.jpg (48KB, 620x401px) Image search: [Google]
rickmorty6.jpg
48KB, 620x401px
>>6182148
Their limbs are way too thick and why the fuck is Morty so tall?
>>
>>6182024
Trust me man, at least get one of the armory packs from mega destiny. Those things are amazing.
>>
File: FNAF-Freddy-prototype1.jpg (96KB, 478x871px) Image search: [Google]
FNAF-Freddy-prototype1.jpg
96KB, 478x871px
mcfarlane was kind of cool, but then...
>>
>>6181941
May pick up the Warlock.
>>
>>6182251
you mean the destiny one ?
>>
>>6182216
I think i still will. I'm a titan guy, but they don't make enough of them
>>
>>6181941

Huh. They look better than I expected.

Still not the articulation that I would have hoped for, but still, could have been way worse, considering its McFarlane.
>>
>>6182264

Mega has done at least 5 or 6 Titans at this point.

Still not as many as they've done Hunters and Warlocks, but way better than the woeful first wave, where we only got 1 Titan.
>>
>>6181941
I thought McFarlane learned their lesson and made decent Halo figures towards the end. What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>6182590

The Halo figures got worse and worse, which is why a lot of people seemed to be happy (at first) to see the license go to another company (Mattel).

Unfortunately, while the articulation is better on the Mattel Halo figures, just about everything else is worse than the McFarlane Halo figures, it seems.
>>
>>6182598
I guess I got them reversed then. Anyway, I'm super pissed. I actually love the shit out of Destiny. I really wanted a poseable Warlock to play with.
>>
>>6182590
The Halo figures were pretty much the only thing keeping McFarlane doing fully articulated figures. Once they lost that license it was immediately back to McStatues. The only exceptions being the Walking Dead comic series and the occasional exclusive release Walking Dead TV series figure.
>>
>>6182590
the halo reach figures are probably their best for halo. They don't have good articulation by any means, but they can do multiple poses, great for army building, and have the traditional high quality sculpt and paint
>>
File: cheering spartan.jpg (300KB, 1029x1285px) Image search: [Google]
cheering spartan.jpg
300KB, 1029x1285px
>>6182666
>They don't have good articulation by any means
WTF are you talking about?
They have some of the best fucking hips ever made.
The range on the joints is by far some of the best you'll ever get with all that armor attached.

Only the arms/shoulders suck, but that's what happens when you have bulky armor.
>>
>>6182707
yeah but that doesn't look natural at all. I might not have been clear enough. They don't have marvel legends type articulation, but more than enough for the price point. You can put them into a variety of tactical poses, pretty much anything you could hope for from a halo figure
any gun wielding figure that can swivel their wrist up and down is an +A for me
>>
>>6182054
>A 5" scale line
>a line that makes Morty the same size as Rick

Funko just doesn't give a shit about anything, do they?
>>
File: buttthrusting.jpg (417KB, 1742x1180px) Image search: [Google]
buttthrusting.jpg
417KB, 1742x1180px
>>6182734
oh, but it is natural. I only did those poses to show how wide the range was.
It's basically a ton of Revoltech-joints, barbell joints, ball-hinges, and swivels, which is basically McFarlane's trademark in being random.

As for the new Destiny figures, they don't look like McStatues like the current Color Tops.
They're back to Halo 343-era articulation. Mediocre as fuck, but i can live with that, considering the level of quality McFarlane usually gives.
>>
>>6182054
Jesus Christ, I hope the actual sizes will be different from this image. And why did they make them look like some sort of brick minifigure. I assume they thickened the limbs out of concern for brittleness, but why did they go with those dumb claw hands.
>>
>>6181941
>It's not statue-shit
thank fucking god
>>
>>6182871
I mean, might as well be. The range of motion is bound to be piss poor, just look at all the "fabric" and armor covering the joints
>>
>>6182881
That's true it does look not great, but they could have made literal figures and they would be like "This is what people want"
>>
>>6181941

Color Tops are going to be actual action figures now? Are they still 7" scale?
>>
>>6183503
They always promised to be not-statues, but i guess they didn't have the budget to do that with the revamp.

So actually seeing joints on there is pretty good, since the joints weren't on any of the prototypes for the old ones.
>>
>>6179774
>>6179735
If he ever gets a hold of Halo again, he has said they will be sold under the color tops line. Granted it WOULD be an improvement over what he gave us for the last two waves. Roughly the same shitty articulation but far superior sculpt and paint.
>>
I'll never understand why McFarlane cut the 5' Walking Dead figures. They were by far the most popular product. How many other toy lines can say they have that much of a rabid fan base? There was a group with thousands of people completely dedicated to the 5' line then McFarlane cut it and started making the color top statues.

Why would you cut the line right when fan favorite characters like Negan, Dwight, Jesus, and Ezekiel are debuting in the show? McFarlane straight up lied to the fans too. He said the 7' figures would come out more frequently and have better articulation than the 5' line. Before we got 3 waves of 5 Walking Dead figures per year. Now we're looking at a few of the 7' statues per year plus the comic line IF it continues (which is in doubt).
>>
>>6182177
More plastic to justify the cost. Mr. Poopybutthole is too tall as well. Still getting them, though.
>>
File: 1475693176391 (1).jpg (123KB, 767x828px) Image search: [Google]
1475693176391 (1).jpg
123KB, 767x828px
>>6180077
Don't like it, don't watch it.
>>
>>6182582
I've only seen two titans so far.
>>
>>6183593
According to the McFarlane facebook page, they might be continuing the TV series 5 inch line but it's looking like if they do it'll be single releases as Walgreens exclusives, like the Aaron figure that's out now.

I hope they continue with the 5 inch comic line. That was just finally picking up steam, really.
>>
>>6184646
I think that if they were continuing the 5' line, we would have heard about it by now. They've already shown off their new color tops which are going to be Dwight, Negan, and Ezekiel. They've also showed off a Walgreens exclusive Sasha that's coming this summer in 5'.

As far as the comic figures go, I'd love for them to continue but I really doubt it. They didn't even make any skybound exclusives last year. Realstically, it'd be really hard to come up with a new wave anyways. Beta, Tyreese, and 3 more would be needed.
>>
>>6179951
>higher quality than legos

i can see the shoddy plastic quality in the image you mong
>>
>>6185034
Share with me your secrets on how you can tell its shoddy from a picture.
And shoddy how? It's firm, non-bendy, hard plastic, that fits together tighter than a LEGO set, so it looks better as a diorama piece vs how lego does it.
>>
>>6182707
Junk
>>
File: IMG_4502.jpg (3MB, 3085x3702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4502.jpg
3MB, 3085x3702px
>>6182707
If this is impressive to you you'd probably implode playing with most Figuarts, Robot Damashii, etc figures.
>>
File: jpeg (3).jpg (150KB, 2000x677px) Image search: [Google]
jpeg (3).jpg
150KB, 2000x677px
>>6179507
Pic related it's Funko Rick and Morty action figures.
>>
>>6185288
Funny, because it actually gets better range of motion at the legs than bulky Figuarts like DBZ figures.
Or were you there in the last thread and are just trolling?
>>
>>6185219
>that fits together tighter than a LEGO set
Pieces of a building toy getting stuck is a flaw not a feature, nothing needs to be stuck tighter than a LEGO set

>>6185293
Up until a few recent releases, it's been pretty common knowledge that the DBZ line of Figuarts are pretty shoddy so that's hardly a feat
>>
File: Queadluun-Rea.jpg (67KB, 600x744px) Image search: [Google]
Queadluun-Rea.jpg
67KB, 600x744px
>>6185302
Point still stands, despite your "no true scotsman" argument.

Also, i have this Robot Damasshi and I'm not all that impressed either... but i guess it's not a true scotsman either?
Maybe if you owned more toys, you wouldn't be making such stupid claims.

Like this
>Pieces of a building toy getting stuck is a flaw not a feature
What does this even mean? The McFarlane sets are true bricks and can be used to build just about anything like here >>6181328 and still look good and in scale.
Tighter fit means it'll look more natural and doesn't mean they're harder to pull apart than LEGO. They just fit closer together.
>>
File: Fourze magic kitaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (477KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
Fourze magic kitaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
477KB, 864x648px
>>6185316
Man, you need to calm down.
>>
>>6182054
>>6182148
>>6185291
Found the preorder for these on Entertainment Earth. Looks like Snowball is a build-a-figure...I have my doubts that he'll have any articulation past shoulders/hips.
>>
>>6179957
Yeah, no one realizes that they were pretty fucking amazing. compare the paint apps of one mcfarlane figure from 15 years ago to a marvel legends of today and the difference is quite apparent.
>>
>>6185336
I'm not the one trying to bring up comparisons out of nowhere based on a challenge no one made.

>>6185912
Even today, McFarlane's paint apps are better than Hasbro's mediocrity, but I'm glad they started doing better eyes. Huge improvement.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.