[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the coolest Sentati series get so ignored? The MMPR easily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: lunar-wolf-ranger.jpg (24KB, 260x330px) Image search: [Google]
lunar-wolf-ranger.jpg
24KB, 260x330px
Why do the coolest Sentati series get so ignored?
The MMPR easily have the least interesting designs but they're the most popular.
>>
>>6179410
>The MMPR easily have the least interesting designs but they're the most popular.

Because they where the first to be brought over to America, dummy. Of course, you weren't born back then so you wouldn't know what a phenomenon that was. The Zyuranger costumes are simple, but iconic, no dozen silly elements like sashes and badges cluttering the design.
>>
>>6179410
Two words:

MUH NOSTALGIA
U
H

N
O
S
T
A
L
G
I
A
obviously
>>
>>6179460
>The Zyuranger costumes are simple, but iconic
It's simply this.
Even the mech is quite simple in design but effective compared to something like the later designs mechs which add more robots and more clutter into the designs.
Then you add the nostalgic elements to that and you have why it's the most popular.

I'd even dare to say the new PR movie could have good designs if they stripped back some of the detail and kept it more simple.
You find this exact issue come up in newer Pokemon too, remove some excess detail and you get a nicer design.
>>
>>6179410
>ignored
Pay better attention.
>>
It's just nostalgia. If Jetman had been the series adapted for MMPR it would be birdmen everywhere and people waxing philosophic on how simple and elegant Jet Icarus is.
>>
>>6180333

Nostalgia is definitely part of it but I think that there is also something to being the first that lends towards being the iconic look of a franchise.
>>
>>6180338
That's what I'm getting at. If Jetman (or Dairanger, or whatever) had been the first series adapted for Power Rangers, that would be the one that gets tons of merchandise today. But it wasn't, Zyuranger was. So dinosaurs forever, basically.

If OP is talking specifically in terms of Japanese products, anyone who believes there's so much Zyuranger stuff because of how popular Zyuranger is, and not because they can sell that stuff in the West to Power Rangers fans, is deluding themselves. Super Sentai doesn't have nearly the adult fanbase that Kamen Rider does, and Japanese in general aren't as hung up on nostalgia as Americans are.
>>
>>6180333
That's precisely why Jetman wasn't adapted though. Studio executives didn't think it would be as popular with kids. That's why when Saban pitched Zyuranger, Jetman's successor, the execs were far more receptive, because it's dinosaurs. Kids love those things.
>>
>>6180333
>Jet Icarus
Nah. Zyuranger was a turning point for Japan in their mecha design. Even nostalgia doesn't make pre-zyu mechs less than shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.