[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have always loved nerdy shit, like toys. I am not sure I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: OLFU4096.jpg (23KB, 639x421px) Image search: [Google]
OLFU4096.jpg
23KB, 639x421px
I have always loved nerdy shit, like toys.

I am not sure I am into toys as much as some of you guys though. In fact, my love for "nerdy" things usually comes in the form of artwork, books, movies, or games related to the specific fandoms I get involved in such as

>Warhammer 40k books
>Warhammer 40k games
>Warhammer 40k art

and so on. I don't collect too many toys, so I don't know much about collecting them.

What do you guys look for in the toys that you buy? What toys are you guys most interested in?

For me it's some of the coming up Mass Effect Andromeda figures.

Have you guys ever bought any figures off of AliExpress? what was that experience like?
>>
File: 1485615715095.jpg (139KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485615715095.jpg
139KB, 900x1200px
>>6174975
>What do you guys look for in the toys that you buy?
A well sculpted ass

>What toys are you guys most interested in?
The ones with great ass
>>
>>6174983
A man of taste
>>
>>6174975
at one point it was flavor of the month anime and the niftiest of gundam models, now i focus on more relevant stuff, mostly my childhood nostalgia.

While gundam is a big part still only gundam wing based models and robot damashii action figures (and only a few at that) do the job rather than half the years model kit releases (sick of building what just stands there), robotech/macross has come back thanks to the hi metal r line (keeping it to just those so i dont blow out room space with the larger toys), and since im clearly a mecha fag transformers gets a massive serving with a healthy dose of shitty retail toys to mess and my holy grails, the masterpiece line which is near the endof the desire list.

and of course anything vidya related, with some notes from this fine man>>6174983
truly the man we all are deep inside
>>
>>6174975

Consistent scaling with other lines and within their own line.

For figures, high range of poseablilty.

Interchangeable parts.

High amount of accessories.

Not difficult to acquire (such as preorder only, club sales only, high amounts of exlcusives). Money's not really an issue to me but I hate waiting six months to a year for shit or paying money to middlemen that I shouldn't have to.

I am as much into building toys and vehicle toys as I am in to figures.
>>
>>6174975
>What do you guys look for in the toys that you buy? What toys are you guys most interested in?
Toys that I wanted as a child that I could never have, like Power Ranger megazords and figures of movies and comics that i always wanted that didn't exist when I was younger.
>>
>>6174983
Funny you should say this because the reason I mentioned AliExpress is I found some on there with great asses.

Plus there is this one I have had on my Amazon wishlist for ages.

http://www.dhresource.com/albu_1077617252_00-1.0x0/sexy-7-japanese-anime-native-creator-039.jpg
>>
>>6175000
This. Also why I'm kinda disappointed with the current Mass Effect Andromeda offerings. I'll get the fem Ryder statuething for sure, but beyond that, will have to wait and see what will come.
>>
I buy toys of series that I like. If I don't know the series but like the design then I'll watch/read the series first before deciding whether or not to get the toy.

Toys of series that pique my interest.

I'm a very simple man really, and this attitude has helped me to save a good amount of money over the years.
>>
>>6175012
I am actually going to have several in stock once they come out.
Stock is basically half of the guy, and half of the grl
>>
>>6174983
hamburgler best lewd robot girl
>>
>>6174975
I really like spooky monsters with a neat design that don't hide the fact that they are toys, these are often 60s to 90s. Think vintage he-man figures, vinyl kaiju and other wacky monster toylines.
But the He-man vintage toys are the only one i really "collect" so to speak as clearly defined line, and even that has been on hold and collecting dust mostly.

Now i'm pretty hard into LEGO. I keep myself in check of letting go mostly because of space and budget and a lack of energy. But my main draw to it is that i can fiddle with shit for hours and always loved creating things. It's a toyline that really evolves along with you and gets more enjoyment out of me than more static toys (although highly posable toys can also be fun for photography and dioramas) I create houses, fill them with interiors, build props and furniture create characters to live in it, vehicles to drive them around and ofcourse create background stories and headcanon for all of it. Then from time to time set up scenes make some pictures.
>>
>>6174975
I collect action figures, lego, and nerf guns mostly.

For action figures, I look for sculpt quality, lots of articulation, and durability. If the sculpt is really bad, I won't buy it. If the articulation is severely limited, I won't buy it. If I see a lot of complaints of fragility online, then I won't buy it.

Some examples of figures that I've really enjoyed over the years are:

MP-01 Optimus Prime (I had the "25th anniversary DVD" version)

Star Wars Clone Wars IG-86

S.H. Figuarts Fourze Base States (plus a bunch of module packs and his motorcycle)

Sometimes I'll make exceptions if it's the only good representation of a character. For example, I have a Figuarts Zero Zodiarts Cancer because it is literally the best representation of him, even though it's literally statueshit.

And I have some DCUC figures (mostly Batman characters) because even though their quality isn't the best, they are the most articulated representations I could find at the time. (Except Larfleeze, who they decided not to give a bicep swivel for some reason)
>>
>>6174975
>Have you guys ever bought any figures off of AliExpress? what was that experience like?
95% of figures there are bootlegs, the rest are QC rejected stuff
>>
>>6174975
>What do you guys look for in the toys that you buy? What toys are you guys most interested in?
at least good enough poseability
that serve a purpose if im collecting teams
ones that are just damn fun to play with

>Have you guys ever bought any figures off of AliExpress? what was that experience like?

ive intentionally bought bootlegs from them, and factory rejects. and they take a looooong time to ship
>>
>>6174983
This guy knoes what's up.
>>
>>6174975
>I don't collect too many toys, so I don't know much about collecting them.
What's to know? Just buy what you like.

I'm not picky but a finely sculpted ass is always nice.

Superheroes, robots, GI Joe and Lego.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.