[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm packing to move and was wondering. How do you guys pack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: moving.jpg (101KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
moving.jpg
101KB, 424x283px
I'm packing to move and was wondering. How do you guys pack your toys for a move?

Do you keep the boxes to your toys and put them all back in their original boxes? do you have lose figures that you just throw in a box? Are they the first thing you unpack or the last?

Personally I don't keep boxes, so i have all my accessories in plastic baggies, then bubble wrap each figure separately. I plan on moving them in my car as opposed to a moving truck to avoid any jostling.
>>
I'm also getting ready for a move, and I'm doing pretty much the same thing. Bubble wrapping individual figures and bagging accessories. If it's something that I'm worried about being fragile, I double box it. That is, I wrap it in bubble wrap, put it in a smaller box, then put that box in a large box with other items.

I do keep boxes for things that come with reusable boxes, such as my Figuarts and my Toku toys, but for most of my western toys, I do not.
>>
File: IMG_8745.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8745.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Ayyyyyy, I'm moving too and was wondering the same thing. I've boxed all my imports but now I'm wondering what now
>>
>>6173829
Movin out of Austrailia?

Get some larger card board boxes and some bubble wrap or packing peanuts if you care about the condition of the boxes after shipping.

If you don't particularly care about the possibility of the boxes getting a little damaged (dented, scuffed from rubbing up against eachother) then just get a cardboard box and just try tetris them into the box.
>>
Plastic tubs from rubbermaid/christmas storage ones.

I put a sheet of paper between rows of them. Accessories i put in fishing boxes
>>
>>6173780

I'm moving too. AL to FL soon, but only like 90 minutes away.

Going to use my big compressor box for all my models and use a bin for my figures wrapped in foam.

I hate moving.
>>
>>6173811
This is what I did. I'm hopefully moving soon too, my poor toys have been stuck packed up for almost two years now. It really sucks when plans fall through and the friends you were living with turn out to be untrustworthy.

Good luck moving everyone!
>>
>>6173780
You guys are probably going to yell at me fore this, but last time I moved, I put my figure's in a large box filled with packing peanuts and put the accessories in a plastic box.
>>
>>6177926
Did they arrive safely? Too be honest, the first time I moves, I just wrapped them in towels, blankets,and clothing, or in between pillows for any that I thought were fragile. Everything else, I put in boxes (no peanuts). This time I have mostly stuff that will be a hassle to replace, since lately the majority if toys I buy are from old lines that I missed out on.
>>
I used the original boxes then put paper on all four sides plus the top/bottom. Then I wrapped the moving boxes in plastic wrap to protect from water and I am SO GLAD I did that because turns out my truck was leaking and I ran into a giant rain storm.

All I can say is...just assume the truck you rent (or movers you use) will have a leaking truck. Plan for the worst. My first truck actually flooded and luckily I hadn't loaded anything yet. Took it back, got another truck but it too was leaking at the door because the seal was corroded away.

Also wrapping each box in plastic wrap prevents them from sliding around freely so they are more secure. You should be tying it all down anyway but it still means less shifting.
>>
>>6178244
>not having a select group of items that you don't trust the truck with
>not putting these items in your car and transporting it yourself.

My TV, figures, and computer go in the car during a move, can't risk that shit getting fucked up.
>>
>>6178568
Good general policy. I have too many toys though. At this point it would take like a dozen carloads to safely transport my entire collection. I am dreading the day when I eventually need to move.
>>
File: packing.jpg (1MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
packing.jpg
1MB, 2988x5312px
This is mostly my unbuilt stuff with a few built kits on top so it won't smush the boxes below.

This is depressing, I'm going to need at least another 2 boxes I could hide a body in just for the leftover unbuilt stuff.

I keep thinking starting from scratch, I'll be able to do it better than I have it right now.

This is depressing.
>>
File: fml.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
fml.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>6179496

Just fuck my shit up famalam.
>>
File: honorguard.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
honorguard.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
I'll fly the flag again soon.
>>
>>6174159
>Florida
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>6182443

It's okay. I like Florida. I've been telling people I lived in Florida for 20 years because I hate telling people I'm from Alabama.

Reasons to love Florida : No food tax, scratchers, liquor in grocery stores, mild weather but for the hurricanes, nice people, scratchers, and finally liquor in grocery stores by the scratchers.
>>
>>6173780
Bubblewrap everthing individually and neatly place them in large plastic storage totes. You should be able to find storage totes easily for cheap now that the holiday season has just ended. Pack the toy boxes/packaging separately from your toys to avoid fucking up the boxes.
>>
>>6182487
And it went red this year
>>
>>6182487
scratchers? you mean lotto tickets? da fuck you on about?

Also liquor in grocery stores and no food tax is pretty common for a lot of states, you don't need florida for that.
>>
>>6182487
What part of Florida are you moving to? I've lived here for about 18 years and I still get surprised with how much the areas vary.
>>
>>6182487
You forgot Disney World on that list buddy..
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.