[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your fave toy received? Xmas in the 90's, asked for pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 13

File: dragonisland.jpg (28KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
dragonisland.jpg
28KB, 231x218px
Your fave toy received?

Xmas in the 90's, asked for pic related.Xmas comes and don't receive present, Dad tells me to go fetch him a coke from kitchen (we keep drinks under kitchen table) go into kitchen, move back kitchen table seat to get to coke, find box wrapped in green paper, bring it back through, dad has massive grin on face, tear it open. Dragon fucking island!

Best memory as I wanted this so bad plus dad made a big deal of it.

whats yours?
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 500x667px
>>6168944
This guy and Megatron. Wanted them so bad, but knew getting both were near impossible.

We got to pick a present to open under the tree and I knew the box size and immediately grabbed this! When my grandparents came over later they had got me Megatron. One of the best Christmas.
>>
>>6168944
Nice OP, dragon island was one of those rare toys that I played with over and over again. I was bought a ton of stuff growing up and most of it lost it's luster after a day or two, but this I came back to over and over again.
>>
File: 4466637406_f749190891_b.jpg (288KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4466637406_f749190891_b.jpg
288KB, 768x1024px
My dad bought me this when I was around 7.

I didn't get to see him much, so time spent with him or things he gave to me I really cherish. I wish I still had it but it was among all my other lego stuff that got sold when I moved home.
>>
File: memories.jpg (121KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
memories.jpg
121KB, 1000x720px
My mother who passed away last year got me this when I was about 10. I was always amazed when she knew just what toy to get me, she was always right on the nose and I never knew how she knew since I never really told her about my favorite toys or characters, but she somehow always just knew. When I opened this on christmas i was fucking ecstatic, i loved this thing so god damn much. I remember putting all my figures in it and playing with it in dark rooms so the lights would show really well, I couldn't get enough of it. It might be around here somewhere but I haven't seen it in years. I really miss her.
>>
File: Sea_Serpent.jpg (61KB, 445x313px) Image search: [Google]
Sea_Serpent.jpg
61KB, 445x313px
A Gameboy with Tetris. also this. Ive always wanted the big pirate ship, but i was still grateful for this little thing
>>
>>6169300
Cool toy anon, and sorry to hear about your mom
>>
File: jurassicparktoy.jpg (123KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
jurassicparktoy.jpg
123KB, 640x480px
>>
>>6169300
to the moms my mom got me this as well still have it with the box
>>
>>6169349
I had this set, although I wasn't given it. Instead I bought it from KB (well, it was KayBee back then) with some money I had saved up knowing my mom was going to the mall. Black falcons best castle faction.,
>>
>>6169300
>>6173252
moms are effing magical. When the power rangers movie came out I was in love with the White Falcon Zord, really wanted the big toy of it that could combine with the seperately sold Megazord, but I really didn't care about the megazord.

Come christmas time I go straight for the santa gifts first. Big boxes first, cause big must be the falcon right? nope, don't remember what they were, but they werent a Falcon. eventually I get to a smaller box, it is a Megazord complete with attachable falcon, six inch sized.

Cue my young mind coming to the conclusion 'Santa knew I wasn't as good as I could have been this year... So this is his way of telling me I screwed up.' I go to the gifts labeled 'from mom'. Sure enough one of them was the falcon, which led to my mind beleiving that even if santa didn't think I was good enough for a big Falcon, my mom did.

I doubt she planned it that way on purpose, but moms just have some innate way to make a kid feel special.
>>
File: slave I.jpg (43KB, 393x600px) Image search: [Google]
slave I.jpg
43KB, 393x600px
>>6169300
Related; I don't think it was for christmas, but a birthday. I was a huge fan of Boba Fett. I had his POTF2 figure in ROTJ colors, and it was my favorite figure. So, my mom got me pic related. I remember thinkin the engineering of the wings and cockpit seat were pretty neat, and the handle on the back/bottom was a pretty nice touch.
>>
File: IMG_2384.jpg (207KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2384.jpg
207KB, 1500x1500px
>>6168944
Trypticon!
>>
File: whatever.jpg (349KB, 670x748px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
349KB, 670x748px
>tfw never got anything I asked for on xmas
>>
>>6176847

You didn't miss anything.

Speaking from experience, here- no matter what I asked for, I always ended up regretting it before Christmas day was out.
>>
File: $_57.JPG.jpg (216KB, 1246x1080px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.JPG.jpg
216KB, 1246x1080px
I don't have any that really stick out to me.
I was the kind of kid who liked almost any kind of toy that you gave him.

If I had to pick I would probably go with this thing or the 2003 Ninja Turtles sewer.

I hope one day companies will start catering to 2002 He-Man nostalgia because the toys that came out of it were pretty awesome.
>>
File: IMG_1536.jpg (123KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1536.jpg
123KB, 399x600px
>>6178323
Mattel did to some extent with Classics. They weren't 100% 200x but they did make Black Zodac and a bunch of 200x side-characters along with a 200x Snake Armor He-Man and King Hisss, and a 200x Man-At-Arms ( with the Snake MAA body and the MAA head that came with the Battle Ram).
>>
File: mm_isld_1_crop.jpg (57KB, 826x400px) Image search: [Google]
mm_isld_1_crop.jpg
57KB, 826x400px
>>6178294
I think that might just be you, buddy. I remember lots of Christmas gifts that I adored and played with for months (sometimes even years).

>>6168944
Yes OP! MM Dragon Island is mine too! It was the thing I wanted most that year, and my parents did get me some nice things, but not that. I was just slightly disappointed in the back of my mind. Went to eat Christmas dinner at my relatives' house, and my aunt pulls a HUGE present out of a bag for me. And wouldn't you know it, it's fucking Dragon Island. She was apparently watching me pore over the TRU catalog before Christmas, and went to go get it for me. And man, it was just as good as I had hoped.
>>
The moment I unwrapped the gift paper on this bad boy on christmas was probably the peak experience of my childhood
>>
>>6178404
I wanted this so bad as a kid. Never did get it. I at least count myself lucky that I owned one or two small Dino Riders toys before the line died though.
>>
>>6178410

Yeah, it was the best. I was pissed that I never got the G.I. Joe mobile command center though... Guess I was spoiled. Lol
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.