[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to open them >but they look better in the packages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: motu5.jpg (839KB, 2130x1525px) Image search: [Google]
motu5.jpg
839KB, 2130x1525px
>want to open them
>but they look better in the packages
>they'd just collect dust if I opened them
>have to put up more shelves if I open them
>>
in this case i agree with you...the packages are actually sort of like nice cases and don't obstruct much
>>
>>6162237
Buy the Classics versions if you want something to open and display.
>>
>>6162237
>he-man

yeah you're not missing any fun by not opening them

just like funko pops, it's like a card collection essentially
>>
>>6162237
they look like shit standing up on the shelf.
i never keep toys in their package but if id ever collect he-man toys, that would be one of the rare cases I would keep them in box.
>>
>>6162237
In this particular case those are worth significantly more in package. You can get loose versions for $2-15 ea.
>>
File: BzFEgpsCcAEdGDU.jpg (78KB, 600x624px) Image search: [Google]
BzFEgpsCcAEdGDU.jpg
78KB, 600x624px
You're probably better off finding loose He-man figures at any flea-market to scratch that itch. There'll be missing accessories, but you can make do.

Opening old figures like that feels bittersweet, since there's only so many packaged specimens out there. Where as, there's so many secondhand loose ones just sitting unsold. Personally I think a good MISB/MOSC collection can look fantastic and even a single piece can add personality to a display. There's a lot of hate here for leaving stuff in package, but I think a lot of that stems from what people collect here. Leaving most Japanese toys in package is pointless, for example; nothing special or nostalgic about seeing a Figuarts in package, the enjoyment comes from the figure itself.

Maybe its an age thing; these older figures bring to mind images of old toy store shelves and memories. People rip on these collections for looking like a toy store; but hey, maybe thats what you're going for. The feeling of a fully stocked store with all sorts of options, each figure's packaging vying for your attention. A lot of people here are younger (myself included, in all honesty) and weren't around in this era; and a lot of people here just started collecting as adults, and only ordering toys online. The packaging doesn't have the same mystique as it has for others. They didn't spend hours mulling over cardbacks and trying to figure out which figure they should try and get; the Sophie's Choice of childhood of which figure to get when you "can only get one"
>>
>>6162360
>dropping up to $90 apiece on MOTUC
>can't get Super7 rereleases because of "lol they're high-end adult collectibles, preorder or you can't get them" mentality from a company with more ego than worth
>floppy ankles were a huge issue with the line anyway
>>
>>6162475
>>6162476
they're the 2000 reissues and I took them out of the outer boxes.

>most of those outer boxes were damaged anyway

so they're not worth as much as true vintage. Trust me, I've looked at MOC vintage pieces, $80 for a card that looks like it was left out in the rain is pretty common.

>>6162476
I live in a mostly redneck area- yard sales and flea markets are mostly old clothes and coffee cups mixed with VHS tapes that are home recordings of movies off TV(I'm going to pay money for piracy in a bad format? NOPE) Toys are usually from the past 5 years and no later kiddie stuff and often beat up.
>>
>>6162492
that is to say, eBay is about my only option to get much anything that isn't new retail stuff. Amazon maybe, but it's rare because 90% of Amazon sellers think their stuff is worth $500. I tried he-man.org but no one has vintage for sale it seems, want lists never get hits. Comic stores are too unreliable and too far to drive to just to window shop, unless I want to drop $20 into the gas tank per trip for nothing.
>>
>>6162481
>can't get Super7 rereleases because of "lol they're high-end adult collectibles, preorder or you can't get them" mentality from a company with more ego than worth

lol. You're still crying about this? If you want them that bad just pay the premium and buy from one of the resellers that put in large orders.
>>
>>6162537
>inb4 "if you really want it you'll pay what it costs to get it"

Nah, there's a 2nd option- don't buy it. Limits have to be set. Sometimes the cost doesn't warrant it. I considered getting commemorative Prince Adam but $85 minimum for it alone or $300+ for the 5-pack? Don't think so.

These are not necessities, they're toys. You want them but you don't need them. They don't have to be purchased and I have no issue avoiding toys if they cost beyond what I will pay.
>>
>>6162237
These are the commemorative rereleases so not worth much in or out of packaging, so free them from their plastic prisons
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.