[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I always wanted to buy my old d-real wargreymon toy from 2000.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: wargreymon_by_the_hary-d7tbx6t.jpg (173KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
wargreymon_by_the_hary-d7tbx6t.jpg
173KB, 800x1131px
So I always wanted to buy my old d-real wargreymon toy from 2000. turns out its harder to find.

D-arts or SHF when it comes to wargreymon, which is better, anyone got opinions? throw em at me
>>
I'd say endure some Youtube reviews, and come to your own conclusions.

They are both great toys, and it really comes down to personal preferences.

I prefer the D-Arts just because I like the more metallic paint and "realistic" re-imagined look to it, and it's a nice and solid feeling figure. It, however, comes with fuck-all in terms of extras aside from its attack effect part.

The SHF looks straight out of the movie and has super flat colors and reddish accent lines to keep in line with the movie's animation style. It comes with extras, like open hands and a display base. It has better articulation, but imho it looks dumpy as fuck.

The D-Real looks like more of a stylistic middle ground between the two, desu, so if you really prefer that one I'd camp YJ or Mandarake.

Or you can take the highroad and get the bootleg of a Japanese artist's garage kit/Revoltech hybrid of X-Antibody Wargreymon.
>>
I have the d-arts and heavily consider buying the shf every time I see it because I prefer the more movie-accurate look. He's a lot cooler, and from what I hear has improved articulation.
>>
>>6162095

I own the D-Arts version, but I just looked up pictures of the SH Figuarts version and I like that one more. My opinion is based purely on visual aesthetic.

I like the washed out colors compared to the metallic finish on the D-Arts one. I prefer that cartoony look. Plus, I love the Our War Game movie. The Taichi Standee was a nice touch.
>>
>>6162095
The appearance is entirely based on your opinion. However, as a toy, the SHF is significantly better than the d-arts.
>>
File: IMG_8475.jpg (123KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8475.jpg
123KB, 640x480px
>>6162095
>>6162855
>>6162955
Get the SHF anons. He's great. The articulation on him is amazing. Oh and try looking up digi-warriors on ebay OP. It's the exact same figure as the D-real just the American version. That's how I got paildramon and cyberdramon. And I had wargreymon back in my day too. Shit was my favorite toy as a kid. Kinda considering getting it again for nostalgia sake.
>>
File: 517YFTH2dRL._SY450_.jpg (40KB, 374x450px) Image search: [Google]
517YFTH2dRL._SY450_.jpg
40KB, 374x450px
The D-arts is more "design > function". im skipping on the SHF for design alone, but it suffers from loose claws and non-flexible wings but i fixed mine with some hobby base joints and super glue
>>
you wanna buy your old toy?
>>
Since when was there a Figuarts Wargreymon?! I haven't bought any new toys in several years and have been ignoring /toy/ for half a decade. I got the D-Arts Wargreymon the day it came out, but I never knew there was another one. I also have the old D-Real Wargreymons (the American and Japanese versions). How does the Figuarts one stack up? Is it worth getting? And where can I get it relatively cheaply?
>>
>>6169139
no shading at all and head is not accurate, but better articulation
>>
>>6169173

Not accurate how?
>>
>>6169139
>D-arts
TCG stock art design
>SHF
Our War Game movie
>>
>>6169222
eye is way too big and also the wrong colour. Head is also too long and narrow
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.