[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish they would continue selling the figures and scale it up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

I wish they would continue selling the figures and scale it up a bit

This is definitely better than funko pop
>>
without the electronic element and at least $3-5 cheaper, I would be a constant customer

compared to the other collectible game figures I always thought these looked the nicest

unfortunately without a gimmick or the low production cost of funko I think these are dead forever
>>
File: Bulking forearm.jpg (62KB, 689x568px) Image search: [Google]
Bulking forearm.jpg
62KB, 689x568px
All the figures at my local walmart are $5 but I'm so poor thanks to my car breaking down I can't mass buy all the ones I've wanted for a while, feelsbadman,jpg
>>
I only buy the Star wars ones and I'm still upset that I won't be getting Hera or chopper.
>>
>>6161906
Word. I wanted other droids too.
>>
>>6161796
I have this guy on my desk just because I thought it looked great. Never actually played the games but I really like the look of the figures. It's a shame we never got more now that the figures look amazing and the stylized designs were perfected. It's also pretty sad when you see just how much effort and enthusiasm was put into designing each individual figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzMADrv8J4o
>>
>>6161796
How did they fuck up this line so bad to the point where they decided to cancel it?
>>
>>6162197
The video was bad casuals were finding it hard to figure the controls out
>>
>>6162297
Videogame*

The figures are top notch tho
>>
>>6162197
also the market was pretty saturated

honestly I dont know how any of them are still around...skylanders are unrecognizable, lego are too expensive and nintendo is in transition with no real games to use them with
>>
>>6162323
The thing with the Nintendo ones is it's the first time a lot of characters are getting anything merchandise wise, and they look really well done.
>>
>>6162197
Because a Disney CEO thought that it was making money, but not ENOUGH money.
>>
I bought a shitload of the Star Wars ones once they dropped in price because I like the designs of them. Was thinking of getting some Marvel ones but decided that would be too much.
>>
I wonder if anyone could design their own based and 3D print them. I couldn't care less about the video game aspect as I got mine just to display them.

There really were so many possibilities with the Star Wars license alone, but I wanted a Kevin Flynn to go with Sam and Quorra. Or a Rinzler and Clu.

I'm sad again.
>>
Can this be the new T2LG?

I miss it so.
>>
File: 1413326468231.gif (47KB, 580x606px) Image search: [Google]
1413326468231.gif
47KB, 580x606px
>tfw they were planning on bigger figures
>all the Moana ones got canned
IT HURTS
>>
>>6162197
Infinity wasn't doing bad. It was doing good. But good isn't GREAT. Disney figured they could do GREAT if they just licensed the characters to companies instead.
>>
>>6161814
I was surprised I couldn't find KOs without the chip anywhere
>>
>>6162197
they definitely had troubles with compatibility with figures/playsets/etc. when they kept churning out new editions of the game.
>>
>>6161796
I was hoping for Disney Afternoon wave. Darkwing Duck, Gizmo Duck, Tailspin, Gargoyles... damn.
>>
File: leaking shit pipe.gif (3MB, 398x224px) Image search: [Google]
leaking shit pipe.gif
3MB, 398x224px
>>6164535
... Fuck you.
>>
File: 1480413790895.jpg (182KB, 764x744px) Image search: [Google]
1480413790895.jpg
182KB, 764x744px
>>6164535
Ok anon, you killed me here...

tfw no Peg Pete figure...
>>
File: 1454479235445.jpg (8KB, 205x253px) Image search: [Google]
1454479235445.jpg
8KB, 205x253px
>>6164565
NO Maid Marian
NO Rebecca Cunningham
NO Roxane
NO Mirage
NO Gadget
NO Magica
NO Mallory McMallard

ONLY PAIN!
>>
>>6164535
>tfw Darkwing Duck and Kim Possible figures were in the works before cancellation
>>
>>6165435
>DWD cancelled
>current Disney heads hates Eisner and anything he greenlit

gee I wonder why it was canceled? Well fuck you Disney, Eisner greenlit better shit than fucking Cars.
>>
>>6161887
Tru.com sellin for 3.99 each last I checked.
>>
>>6161796
They were planning large scale versions of figures that would light up and work with the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6UoDlXq_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e61OWZIy1GY
>>
>>6162197
Disney's own companies conflicting.

>Marvel demanding literal who characters - or just more movie shit long after a movie came out and it shelfwarming hard (Yondu)
>Instead of letting the studio work properly on Force Awakens they were held back by Disney wanting them to add Rebels shit.
>>
File: josh-black-mar-antman.jpg (262KB, 1920x2718px) Image search: [Google]
josh-black-mar-antman.jpg
262KB, 1920x2718px
I only own one, but this would have made for a nice show.
>>
>>6161814
The electronic item was a RFID sticker

>>6164111
There were real ones without the bases for awhile
>>
>>6162197
>no no you cant play Buzz Lightyear in Star Wars Land
>no no you can't play Mr. Incredible in Avengers land
>you want to play a Marvel character in Marvel land? collect 10 coins first oh wait he's not compatible
>>
>>6164111
Then you're not looking hard enough, there's plenty of Boba Fett's, Lone Ranger Tonto and Jack Sparrow's without a base or nfc tag sold on eBay and AliExpress.
>>
So does anyone here have created something in the toybox?
>>
File: 1328137201621.jpg (12KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1328137201621.jpg
12KB, 260x260px
>>6164535

Thanks anon.

I'm even more depressed now.

To think I was upset that Disney didn't finish off the Rebels cast. Now I wanna jump off a bridge.
>>
>>6162197
I've heard it was a few things, including overproduction on the 2.0 line (a lot of those figures were stuck on shelves for ages, they gave them away with 3.0 preorders) and customer dissatisfaction with the incompatibility between most of the franchises

I loved Disney Infinity more than Lego Dimensions, but I can't deny how well everything is integrated in Dimensions. Seeing all the franchises crossing over is a joy. If Disney had stopped being so anal and let you blow up the Death Star with Captain America, people would've like the series a lot more
>>
They were getting really good with the figures too. A lot of 2.0 designs are pretty meh but every one I have of 3.0 is good or better. Hulkbuster, Ant-Man, Sabine and Kylo are my favs.
>>
File: ElsaInfinity.jpg (63KB, 1022x680px) Image search: [Google]
ElsaInfinity.jpg
63KB, 1022x680px
>>6175581
I thought Elsa was the most fun character to play as, but was frustrated at how few modes there were that I could actually use her in. I hated that the "Toy Box" only figures couldn't be used in any playsets. Dumb.
>>
>>6175655
Yeah, it seems like a no-brainer that Disney should have made a Frozen playset. It would have sold like hotcakes. Package it with Kristoff and Hans. Now you've instantly sold 4 characters.
>>
>>6161796
I mourn the death of Disney Infinity. I never played it, nor did I ever want to, but the sculpts were GREAT. Really attractive stylization and nice paint apps too. I bought a couple to display on my desk. Imagine how fucking cool it would be if these sculpts were used on articulated figures.

Also kinda related, anyone know how to remove the clear bases from the bottoms of these things?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123KB, 1277x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123KB, 1277x720px
>tfw a fan made these.
>tfw they only made disney ones, being a dc guy.
>>
>>6178352
Damn, that's pretty good. The Sentinel parts are a nice touch.
>>
>>6178352
I would absolutely have bought all of these. Fuck. If these were real (and also included a Jubilee) I would immediately sweep whatever the fuck toys are on my shelf into the garbage and replace them with these.
>>
>>6178352
>melee character that shoots a thing
>melee character
>melee character
>melee character
>>
Can this be the new Toys to Life Gen?
Or somebody make one?
>>
>>6178585
Isn't that true of all characters in the game? DESU, I only got 3.0 for the Star Wars characters, which I own almost all of now thanks to the clearance sales. And Elsa. But basically, they all have either "shoots a thing", "throws a thing", long range force power, or dash to close distance move. Even Elsa uses a combination of melee and ice based range attacks.
>>
>>6178534
oh shiii, I just realized that this is the 90s animated series line up if it had Jubilee.
>>
>>6178302
I thought it was kinda weird that they didn't allow for cross-over in the playsets. I mean, even if they aren't involved in the plot and don't appear in cut scenes, neither do some of the characters in the set. I mean based on my experience with the Star Wars 3.0 playsets, you can play as like, say, Boba Fett, but the cutscenes will still only focus on Han/Leia/Luke/Chewie. I think having the ability to send Stitch or the GotG fighting along side the rebel alliance would have been a pretty sweet feature.
>>
>>6161796
cap looks hot
>>
>>6178352
>tfw Avalanche pitched X-Men
>tfw Marvel insisted no and ordered Yondu instead

They weren't even able to get a comic-based Spiderman set made. They had to base it on the cartoon.
>>
File: peter.jpg (38KB, 602x1001px) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
38KB, 602x1001px
>A Peter Pan figure exists
>tfw you will never own it
>>
Anybody got a checklist for Disney Infinity?
>>
>>6181593
Why was it so late?
>>
>>6181564
You can thanks Perlmutter for that
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.