[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I give up the toy life forever? This place is toxic and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_2960.jpg (36KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2960.jpg
36KB, 385x385px
Should I give up the toy life forever?

This place is toxic and I can't separate that from the hobby. Not to mention the declining quality, gutted accessory count, and continually rising prices.

Well congratulations after all this time you've finally succeeding in exterminating my life!

Bravo!
>>
What have people been saying to you?

Don't be upset about the trends because you can always appreciate the toys you already own.
>>
>>6147734
>Should I give up the toy life forever?
Probably.
>>
How is this board toxic? It's very friendly
>>
What's the problem now? Something about ennui?
>>
>>6147861
>It's very friendly
Yes if you have nice toys, know how to pose and have a good looking display.

luckily i do
>>
>>6147734
Just wait for President von Clownstick to start taxing any toys not made in 'Murica.
>>
>>6147861
>It's very friendly

My sides are in orbit.
>>
>>6147861
>It's very friendly
Only until you disagree with someone. Than they shred you to pieces with non-stop cruel trolling. Trolling that carries over into multiple threads for multiple months if it's a general.
>>
>>6147734
You should definitely give up the cancerous frogposter life.
>>
>>6147861
I know the other anons laughed about it, but this place is pretty friendly...at least compared to some of the other boards here.
Doesn't mean it's all sunshine and rainbows.

>>6147734
OP, what are you buying/collecting for?
I'm in a pretty annoying and sometimes downright toxic community with my main hobby, but nothing could stop me from liking the very core of it.
I just say fuck it and do my thing.
You don't have to mingle with others.
Just buy the stuff you like and enjoy it in the quietness of your home, no need to get sad because of a shit community/lose interest in what you like because of others.

Regarding the other issues...well.
That's something that can't be changed I fear. Maybe buy less but aim for fewer pieces that might cost more but also offer more?
>>
OP, find somewhere else to talk about toys. It's cliche as hell, but don't let the haters get to you.
>>
>>6147992
But I'm having fun in the plushie thread
>>
File: 1484533313594.png (145KB, 506x678px) Image search: [Google]
1484533313594.png
145KB, 506x678px
Oh boy.
Another one of these.

Leave if it is getting you down.

This place is only really fun if you can handle the negativity.

Also nobody is making you buy toys.
If you lose interest just go do something else with your life.
>>
>>6147734

>Should I give up the toy life forever?

That's up to you

>This place is toxic

Welcome to 4chan. If you can't take it you can hang out at reddit on r/actionfigures. Bring your Marvel Legends, its all they know about

>I can't separate that from the hobby.

You should. You're really going to let your life be dictated by faceless Anons? Its not like they actually know who you are, this isn't all-out cyber bullying

>Well congratulations after all this time you've finally succeeding in exterminating my life!

Newsflash, Snowflake. We don't actually care. Pu that in your suicide note.

>Dear Mom and Dad, I am kill. A hero am me because of /toy/
>>
Posting on 4chan isn't some necessary component of... anything, really. This board isn't that bad but is haunted by a handful of heavy posters who make the rest look bad. And if buying plastic sweatshop kitsch doesn't bring you happiness anymore then yes, stop doing it.
>>
>>6148004
>I'm in a pretty annoying and sometimes downright toxic community with my main hobby, but nothing could stop me from liking the very core of it.
>I just say fuck it and do my thing.
>You don't have to mingle with others
This. I was collecting toys way before I found places to talk about it with other people online. The fact that others share in my passion is cool, but at the end of the day I collect, because I'm a collector not because I'm Keeping up with an online flavor of the moment fad.
>>
File: sha.jpg (59KB, 534x415px) Image search: [Google]
sha.jpg
59KB, 534x415px
>>6148053
>This place is only really fun if you can handle the negativity.

What about stalker though? What about stalkers who know who you are based on your type style, and single you out every moment they get the chance to, and try their very hardest to fuck with you or even threaten your safety, and peace of mind?

I personally have had a stalker here whos been messing with me FOR YEARS. The dude recalls shit I've said or talked about back in 2014 in order to let me know that hes still following me around on the board.
>>
>>6148105

>The dude recalls shit I've said or talked about back in 2014 in order to let me know that hes still following me around on the board.

Maybe that shit you said was just THAT damn stupid. Bring it in you faggot.

*bro grabs and an ass pinch*
>>
>>6148105
lolwut.., are you JemAnon, Greg, or one of the other crazy shitposters who make themselves blatantly obvious?
>>
>>6148105
>being stalked on an anonymous korean riceball board
>>
>>6148105
fuck me, I think I remember that. Some dude started sperging out and had this papertrail based on image filenames from other boards.
>>
>>6147861
We are kinda rude at times. And I don't even get why. We are all aspies with little to no social skills and who have an obsession with toys, we should build each other up instead of insulting each other but alas that's 4chan culture for you
>>
Just don't partake in the discussions because 90% of time they usually lead to arguments. If you want advice or an opinion just post your question anyway. You're bound to get a shitposter or two but on this board, unlike the others, there's always that one anon that will help out.
>>
>>6147734
>a toy community of less than a few hundred is all it takes to make you quit a hobby you love.
You got issues anon but it's not the hobby.
>>
File: 1485076578554.jpg (32KB, 650x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485076578554.jpg
32KB, 650x375px
>>6148105

>Someone's stalking me so the entire board is shit
>>
>>6148120
>we should build each other up instead of insulting each other

Dont be a faggot
>>
>>6148105
what

story?
>>
>>6148112
>JemAnon, Greg
No I'm not those guys. My stalker is a tripfag troll who removes his trip to fuck with me. Don't really know what his problem is with me, but hes been singling me out for years. I've tried changing my type style up a bit, and other things to throw him off, but he always knows it's me somehow.

>>6148111
>Maybe that shit you said was just THAT damn stupid.
Maybe it was, but I never insulted the guy. You would think the dude would chill out after a few months, but this has been going on for years now.
>>
>>6148120

>we should build each other up instead of insulting each other

Agreed. Individually we're as weak as a twig but together we form a mighty faggot
>>
>>6147861

O rly? Name just 1 friendly thread on here
>>
>>6148148
The RD thread is classy as fuck, and has been every time I've wandered in there over the years. Makes me wish I gave a damn about gundams

They're 100% the exception though.
>>
>>6148132
I honestly wish I knew. I guess he didn't agree or like something I said in a toy general.
>>6148118
I'm not sure if I'm the guy you're talking about, but I have gone as fare as to renaming all my file names in hopes of throwing him off. Didn't work though. He still knows it's me even when I just type two or three random words in a thread. At times I've even wondered if it's just a mod abusing his power.
>>
File: 1484535582482.jpg (147KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484535582482.jpg
147KB, 1080x1080px
>>6148105
>>6148135
Ohhhh so you are fucking crazy.
Now it makes sense.

Nobody can tell who you are unless you have a very distinctive typing style like Subjectanon or something.

Besides this an anonymous toy imageboard.
How does having a 'stalker' really affect you one way or the other?
>>
>>6148158
Huh, their thread is actually pretty comfy.
>>
>>6148174
The custom thread is pretty chill too as far as I can tell.
You can ask dumb questions and get reasonable and helpful responses.

I also haven't seen anyone making a huge scene in the Daibadi threads.
>>
>>6148161
>Ohhhh so you are fucking crazy.
I wish It was just in my head. Like I said the guy brings up conversations, stories, and even posts screenshots of posts I've made dating back to 2014 just to let me know that it's him. He also created a pet name for me based on character I spoke of once. He calls me by this name from time to time just to let me know he's still around following me.
>>
>>6148181
Daibadifags themselves are pretty cringey, however.

I've seen a lot of drama regarding them outside of their threads. A lot of people don't want to see their stuff outside of their space, understandably.
>>
>>6148182
do you have screenshots of any of this?

Or does anyone have any idea wtf he's talking about?
>>
>>6148182
>>6148118
Yeah, that sounds like what I remember. /m/ was involved, right? That shit was definitely creepy.

>>6148174
>>6148181
I'm noticing a trend of the slowest threads being the most easygoing.
>>
>>6147734
Yeah, I thought about leaving too. But then I realized that there's no other forum that even comes close to the activeness or range of interests as this one does.
>>
>>6148186

Yo fuck OP, let's get to the bottom of this mystery
>>
>>6148186
>do you have screenshots of any of this?
Yes I do. Plus if you were to type the pet name which he calls me by into the archive search bar you will see every creepy exchange we have had throughout the years.

>>6148189
> /m/ was involved, right?
No, I've never really posted on /m/, but in a way I guess it's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only one who this has happened to on this site.
>>
File: FIGURE-025002_13.jpg (48KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-025002_13.jpg
48KB, 800x593px
>>6148185
I can see people being bothered by the dick robot.
When that thing first came out it was all over the fucking board but what pisses people off about the other figures?

Most of them seem to just be anime characters with robot bits.
>>
>>6148207

What's your pet name?
>>
>>6148217
It's more the whole "these are unapologetically fetish figures" and the way people act when they buy such. That's the problem I have with them, at least. The one you posted looks cute and all, but I'm sure it's got thunder thighs or an optional futacock or something.
>>
>>6148207
Well give us the name meng.
At least post the screenshots.

It's not like being all mysterious is going to do anything but piss off a bunch of curious anons at this point.
>>
>>6148217
>what pisses people off about the other figures?
The other one (with the purple hair) gets posted constantly as well.

But yeah, >>6148224 summed it up. There's a reason why people call such buyers things like 'virgins' or 'degenerates'. Obnoxious fanbase and what not, and people are just sick of seeing it everywhere in the sense that people got sick of Charming(?) Drossel being posted everywhere and how LEWD XDD she was.
>>
>>6147734

Fortune, honor, beauty, youth are just blossoms dying

All our joys are but toys, idle thoughts deceiving
>>
File: FIGURE-025002_06.jpg (52KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-025002_06.jpg
52KB, 533x800px
>>6148224
She is actually pretty non-sexual.

The only weird bit is her removable armor where you can see her ass.
That doesn't really bother me though since it is optional.

I don't care much for the rest of the line but I really like this one.
>>
>>6148207
Calm down, Rooster.
>>
>>6148218
It's slightly embarrassing actually. I shared more about myself than I should have a few years back.

>>6148228
I never meant to come off as mysterious. I just thought I'd point out that not everything on on this board is sunshine, and roses. I'm not sure what good it would do to share more than I already have. It's not like you guys have the power to stop him. There's this old saying that says When you find yourself in a hole quit digging.
>>
>>6148257
>gigantic thighs
>fully sculpted ass
>soft curves everywhere
>pretty non-sexual
>>
>>6148259
>Rooster
Try again.
>>
>>6148261
holy shit, i'm not either of those anons but stop beating around the bush and provide the name. or quit it with the obvious attention whoring here.
>>
File: IMG_5590.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5590.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6148105
Ahahahaha it's custom cobra commander anon!
>>
>>6148263
It's a robot GIRL of course it has some curves.
It would look pretty shitty if it didn't.
The thick thighs are removable armor plates, and the ass is typically covered up by her waist armor.

Of course it is kind of sexualized but it is pretty tame for a robogirl design in general and extremely tame for a Polynian.

>>6148271
This.
>>
>>6148285
Senpai, it's a jerk-off robot girl. Just because it's the one you like doesn't mean that the entire purpose of the line is to be something other than jerk-off robot girls.
>>
>>6147861
People laugh at this but honestly considering I only browse /b/ and /toy/ this is definitely the nicer of the two
>>
I seriously hope you're not on Burgerland because I'd cut you for quitting when you have everything at your disposal to live the toy life to its fullest.
>>
>>6147734
This is one of the most tame boards in the Interests category. If it's making you depressed in some fashion, just treat it as a fantastic news aggregator and never post or engage in conversations. There's no other western site that is as good as /toy/ in gathering up news of releases from around the world as soon as it becomes available.

Okay, yes, barely anyone here has good insights into things, that's easily seen. And 9 times out of 10 they're petty pieces of shit that lash out at others because of their own insecurities and damaged egos.

But look at your other options. It's a bunch of fagatrons getting into "AAACK-CHU-AH-LEE" arguments on every other forum you can possibly find. Good luck with that crowd.
>>
>>6148289
somewhat unrelated, but i remember this daibadi collector trying to start a fight with me in some thread because i told him the only reason he buys those things is because of his dick.

what's more stupid was the fact that he actually agreed with me, but still got really defensive about it.
>>6148293
that's pretty silly, anon. more importantly, why do you browse /b/? even 13-year-old me got bored of it within the first two weeks.
>>
The thing that really stands out as 'deviant' about Polynian to me is that it's the only line where bulges on male figures is the norm and has the only figure I've ever seen that is a youthful boy with a bulge.

I gotta think that even many Japanese people see that as an embarrassing thing to collect and that's why Emil's getting an alternate crotch.
>>
>>6147734
>toxic
Tumblr GET OUT
>>
>>6148305
>is that it's the only line where bulges on male figures is the norm
Super Action Statues would have a word with you.

For the alt. crotch thing, I think it's just because some people aren't into the shota part. Which is stupid because those figures are designed more to be flat-chested futas than actual shotas (ie. giving them wide hips)

Niggas can't even appreciate true shota.
>>
>>6148285
If she's a robot then why would she need removable thigh/ass robot plates? That doesnt make any sense. She's a fucking robot. Why would she need that shit covered other than for some robot fucking fantasy for degenerates to jerk off to when they're "stripping" off her pieces?
>>
>>6148310
Oh good, this is going to be one of those "/d/ shows up to never stop talking about futas" threads.
>>
>>6148302
I'm quite bored of it myself, I just stick around hoping someone starts a decent thread (which is probably like once a week). it's also my primary meme supply
>>
>>6148314
Did someone say /gif/?
>>
>>6148314
Oh fuck no, I was't trying to derail the thread or anything.

Especially with futa shit, the worst kind of shit.
>>
File: 779[1].png (183KB, 1250x1036px) Image search: [Google]
779[1].png
183KB, 1250x1036px
>>6148105
You're late to the party, anon.
>>
>>6148344
... wat.
>>
>>6148344
what the fuck am I looking at
>>
File: 1485005132410.jpg (35KB, 529x457px) Image search: [Google]
1485005132410.jpg
35KB, 529x457px
Shit guys I am sorry for bringing up Polynians.

I had no idea that it was the Steven Universe of toys.
>>
>>6148347
>>6148350
>Tripfag in /sp/ was stalked for years by some other anon.
>Said anon collected all kind of fantasies and random crap about him and the tripfag being together.
>He managed to find his real address and film outside his window and upload it to youtube.
>Plans for his funeral, poems, screencaps and everything were collected into a single 97 doc.
>That post was when the Philmarillion was revealed to the public.

>Mods and jannys had to work with the police to try to bring down the incident.
>Posting links to the philmarillion are a bannable offence nowadays.

But there's always google...
>>
>>6148361

The fuck?
>>
>>6148148
As someone who only ever frequents the Star Wars (not too often) and the Lego (daily) threads, I have to say the Lego Generals aren't too bad. Sure, you'll get a handful of posters bitching about someone else making a thread while the current one still has some steam and the occasional troll/asshole (it's to be expected). I wouldn't say I'm a frequent poster, but I usually don't get a lot of unfair criticism when I do.

Having someone pathetic enough to stalk you like you say he does is a completely different story, but I'll let you in on a secret. If you don't reply to him, he'll realize that he's not having an effect on you and go bother someone else. Even if he is still having an effect on you, the best thing you can do is ignore him and he'll give up. Or he could be extremely pathetic and have nothing better to do with their life (which it sounds like they might be) other than stalk you. I'd still recommend that you ignore him. If you let every insult get to you, you'll turn into a mess.
>>
>>6148354
Sounds more or less like some butthurt people ashamed of sexuality.
>>
>>6148381
Found the Polyfag. We're not ashamed of sexuality, we just don't want you cancering up every thread you can with with gay robot pedobait.
>>
>>6148373

Star Wars Generals are less about toys and more about autistic kids arguing over the franchise
>>
File: This.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
This.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>6148192

Pretty much this, if you know another place that comes close to how active this board is ID love to hear it, I've been a few places for a few different ones I've there years and no forum has stayed as steady as this one.

I mainly collects neca now those generals sometimes is as toxic as it comes but if you ignore the dumbasses you can find some geniune discussion about the hobby we all love.

I've learned some great stuff here
>>
File: 20170125_220914.jpg (27KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
20170125_220914.jpg
27KB, 180x180px
>tfw when you accidentally prove OPs point about toxicity.
>>
>>6148411
What I meant to say was I have collected quite a few lines over the years and been in alot of places for those specific lines.... But here it's everything ... I mainly collect neca xenomorphs right now but I love seeing the other toys and sometimes I think about starting other collections ... One day you may break me and I'll go back to having thousands of dollars in toys :)
>>
>>6148400
That's not just /toy/, anywhere starwars is mentioned on the Internet a storm of assmad fanboys are soon to follow
>>
Ten bucks says OP is Andrew, or peon trying to troll.
Hell Twenty bucks.
>>
File: 1405479086169.png (48KB, 301x286px) Image search: [Google]
1405479086169.png
48KB, 301x286px
Why do the most self-righteous, obnoxious, whiny, and entitled faggots show up in BTS threads?
Why do they pretend to be concerned about others' spendings?
Why do they bitch about prices when they don't intend on buying anything?
Why do I get accused for being Andrew?
>>
>/toy/ is shit
>All toy fans are shit
>Been collecting for like fifteen years
>money I've spent could've gone yo grand vacations every couple of years or a nicer house or something
>non-collectors look down at you
>Stuff just piles up and you need to clean every week not to look like a fucking shut-in
Seriously there's no good reason to stay in the hobby. Run.
>>
If you were serious OP, you'd just leave.
But the fact you're here basically blogging about your "woes", means all you want is attention. Either that or trolling.
>>
File: 1483619343920[1].jpg (157KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483619343920[1].jpg
157KB, 1200x900px
>>6148392
I challenge you. Give me the link to 3 different threads that have been derailed by daibadi toys right now. Obviously, different to this one. Not some threads archived on some other page, like archive.moe (RIP), but active threads that are on the catalogue right now. I'll be waiting.

>>6148217
Well, actually most of the complains abut the polynian line is precisely the dick. I mean, we have lewd threads all the time, and I'm surprised we don't have a 24/7 ass general thread, given how popular is, and because not all the ass shots are lewd, but can also be funny. Lines like marvel legends put a lot of effort on their asses, so isn't like they lack material. Yet, you don't see any complain about those threads, so why suddenly so much hate towards polynians?

I dunno.

As far as I have seen, they rarely post outside their general, which is kind of slow anyway. On the photo general I see way, way, way more transformer pics on a single thread than polynians in the last 3 threads combined, and usually on do this pose threads, like this one >>6120050, there are few to no polynians to see. Actually, right now, there isn't any /d/aibadi pic.

So, once again, why? Queen's blade doesn't get so much hate despite being much more lewd, and they are reposted much more often. TF are everywhere and their community can be much more autistic than any other community.

Looking at how many times people have cried about a toy have a bulge, I'm pretty sure he's the same kind of person who post scat porn on the trap threads on /b/.

He have tried to troll the polynian general, but usually goes unnoticed, so I'm not surprised he goes crying everywhere else to gather support.
>>
>>6148519
Not him but just because there aren't current threads that are derailed doesn't mean there haven't been any in the past.

Everything else is tldr. Go away and stop trying to stir something.
>>
File: 1484519337113.png (608KB, 1435x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484519337113.png
608KB, 1435x1080px
>>6148519
I agree with you that Polys don't seem to be as big a problem as the people in this thread are saying.

I am on /toy quite a bit and I almost never see one unless I pass the general.

You are still kind of a salty faggot though.
>>
>>6147861
Imo this is pretty correct. No one heres gona act like theyre from reddit but id say this board is one of the most friendliest. I constantly make threads asking questions if i should by this or that and no ones given me grief for not posting in the right thread. Hell i even get my question answered.
>>
>>6147861
You faggots trolled the shit out of some people and took things too far when someone just wanted to critique a toy company
>>
>>6148105
If you're being stalked in an anonymous image board then you obviously post here way too often. Go outside, breath some air. Come back less regularly and it'll seem less toxic.
>>
poor fags dont belong in /toy/, pardner
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.