[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Singapore in a few days, can any anons rec me some good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Flag_of_Singapore.png (5KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Singapore.png
5KB, 320x213px
Going to Singapore in a few days, can any anons rec me some good stores to buy shit? Primarily looking for figmas and SAS stuff.
>>
There's an antiques and toys fleamarket at China Square Central on Sundays (along with the regular toy shops). It's a good general representation of the toy market here.

Plaza Singapura's top floor has a few toy outlets with figma. There's also La Tendo and Dollz Inc, old timey shops now at Suntec City lvl 3. Prices can be tourist-trappy at these places.

SAS I believe there's only a small market mostly fulfilled through preorders here...

When are you coming over exactly? Most retail shops and that fleamarket will be closed for Chinese New Year holidays (28th~29th). Most will only resume business on 31st.
>>
Just go buy them online. I'm from Singapore and I buy all my shit on HLJ. Local prices aren't great.
>>
>>6143095
Oh yeah I'm aware of CSC, been there before.

I've been to Plaza Sing too but didn't see any figma stuff there. I'll give it another shot.

I'm coming over from the 27th to the 4th. Will the actual brick and mortar stores be open on days other than Sunday or am I doomed to miss it by one day?

>>6143096
I already do buy most of my shit online in the country I currently live in but it'd be nice for me to get some stuff from Singapore too.
>>
>>6143102
27th most shops will be closing early at 4~5pm. 30th is a public holiday too so I'm not expecting many shops to be opened that day.

CSC shops do open on the weekdays...If they're "in the mood". You'll miss out on the Sunday fleamarket but there isn't much figma there iirc.

Like >>6143096 says, most collectors here order them from overseas. Even the better deals from shops here are the pre-order deals. If they make it onto the shelves of the shops posted above, it's as-if they've been shipped solo EMS. The aftermarket here has also mostly shifted online to Carousell.

Except for maybe Bandai stuff, which has a bigger presence here.
>>
>>6143085
If you're going to the various towns and town centres, ToG (Toy Or Game) and PlayE (formerly Funz Centre) have some nifty toy selections.

I personally order a lot of my stuff through ToG's custom orders and preorders. Got a membership with them so I can get discounts.

Are the toyshops in the Dhoby Ghaut and Bugis areas still active? There is one toyshop in Bugis junction that carries a lot of figures, although they're mostly good for loads of Transformers and Lego and Kotobukiya goods.

There's also a bunch of gunpla stores around if you know where to look, which carry lots of useful crafting tools and materials, as well as beadwork shops and Art Friend.
>>
>>6143096
How much cheaper is it exactly?
Do they take debit?
>>
>>6143085
Never buy from singapore. Everyone who sells toys in Singapore are mostly scalpers and selling at unreasonable price.

We locals most of the time have to buy it overseas or buy it off someone who doesnt know its value.
>>
>>6143161
Prices in SG range from full Japan SRP + tax (if you're lucky) to JP price converted at x2 instead of the current rate (right now it's 1.25).

So buying online, even with shipping, regularly saves quite a bit. At worst it'll break even.

No one outside of America takes those weird debit cards you guys have.
>>
>>6143102
>I already do buy most of my shit online in the country I currently live in but it'd be nice for me to get some stuff from Singapore too.

Your funeral, anon.

For the best selection of figma, try La Tendo at Suntec City, or there are 2-3 shops at the top floor of Plaza Singapura. They have the best selection because they have the worst prices. Just for example, the new figma Bicycle Miku is about $120 sgd. Figma Zero Samus is about $95. SHF Scarif troopers too. Prize catcher figures are $30-35 each.

Other stores are maybe cheaper by $2-6 for the figma / shf.

The problem is that our Goodsmile distrib is a right fucker. They have strict price control rules and won't let any shop go lower than 5% of their set SRP. Doing so gets you blacklisted from their supply.
>>
File: 20170107_204256.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_204256.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
If you want a good laugh, go to Takashimaya. No figma, but the Bandai distrib has a section at the toy dept where they mark up stuff at retard pricing. Probably trying to catch rich, dumb indonesian shoppers.

Yes even our suppliers are scalpers.
>>
>>6146417
>Takashimaya in Singapore
>our suppliers
wat
>>
>>6146419
> Bandai distrib
laern2english
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.