[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to toy lines that encourage customizations such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0757.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0757.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
When it comes to toy lines that encourage customizations such as Lego Glyos and Busou Shinzo. As adults how often do you find yourself actually customizing figures?
>>
>>6139897
If you mean simple building stuff with lego/glyos/shinki parts? All the time. I collect all three toylines you mention, btw.

If by customization you mean permanent changes like scratchbuilding and painting, never. I'm terrified I'll botch it.
>>
>>6139997
Yeah I just meant building. I always intend to and it is a big selling point for me but when it comes down to it I more times then not just leave it as is.
>>
File: classyspider.jpg (327KB, 881x1324px) Image search: [Google]
classyspider.jpg
327KB, 881x1324px
>>6140025
Well with Lego I buy parts with Bricklink and build with ideas I have in mind. It's rare I buy sets. So everything I make in lego is built custom.

With Glyos I'll usually do something simple like add Axis parts to boost a Glyan although sometimes I'll get a little more creative. I'd say maybe half of the Glyos I have has been modified built at one point instead of kept as original figure.

With the few Shinkies I have I've tried to do some things putting parts together but I've never really been satisfied with the results and so I'll either have them in original armored-up configuration or just as dolls.
>>
Shimmies? As a /toy/ reader this sounds familiar but I cannot place it.
>>
>>6139897
>tfw microman is too expensive
>tfw AB is too hard to get
>tfw Glyos is kinda boring now

>>6140444
Busou Shinki. Android girls with armor parts. Dead(?) toyline.
>>
>>6141293
Busou Shinki is dead in its original form, but Kotobukiya has sort of taken up the reigns in the form of Frame Arms Girls and Megami Device (which is actually sculpted by Masaki Apsy just like the original Shinki bodies were).

>>6139897
I used to build a lot with Glyos actually, but one common criticism with the line now is that it seems to be moving away from buildability. It's less about big squads with tons of buildable pieces in the same color, and more about single standalone character figures and homages to 80s toylines. I hope it finds itself and returns to its roots someday.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.