[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /toy/. I'm sure most of us remember going to Blockbuster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: faded_lrg[1].jpg (86KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
faded_lrg[1].jpg
86KB, 250x232px
Hi /toy/. I'm sure most of us remember going to Blockbuster and the like, and noticing the display rows facing windows being very faded compared to cases elsewhere in the store.

My question is: How quickly does sunlight damage and fading effect figures?

I have a very small area within my dorm room in which to display part of my figure collection. It's on top of an AC Unit, just a few inches directly underneath a window looking outside. It came to my attention only several days ago that sunlight fades things, reminding me of the Blockbuster display analogy previously mentioned. They've been there continuously for several months now. I'm wondering if it is safe after all to leave them there, or to simply pack them away with the rest of my collection and leave 2-3 figures about my computer desk.

Thank you and keep collecting!
>>
Depending on the lamination used on your windows, direct sunlight will affect colors in 1-5 months.
>>
Also depends on humidity and ambient temperatures though sunlight will definitely speed things up.
>>
>>6134595
>to simply pack them away with the rest of my collection and leave 2-3 figures about my computer desk.
Honestly that's the safest option.
>>
Lol. I literally have 80% of my collection bagged and in storage and my gf thinks it's crazy. I neeeed them in my life, but I don't neeeed to view them constantly.
>>
>>6135198
Me too. My 'display' of toys entails sharing photogrpahs of them on the internet, no need to have them out on shelves when I already have fun with them. I'd say my toys get out of the box maybe 2 times a year so i can picture them for a thread or something.
>>
>>6134595
If you don't have a spot that doesn't get hit by sunlight in which to organize your display then yes, for the moment at least.
>>
File: 4L_KwCRSr5n.jpg (304KB, 1242x1171px) Image search: [Google]
4L_KwCRSr5n.jpg
304KB, 1242x1171px
>>6135204
you really don't have some display on your desk or even a figure or two you fiddle with and pose? man that's lame
>>
>>6135204
>>6135198
autism
>>
File: 1662d832ab8b5710852a166af7fd765b.jpg (163KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1662d832ab8b5710852a166af7fd765b.jpg
163KB, 736x1104px
Nobody wants a faded toy display, that's for sure.
>>
>>6134595
You can get some fairly inexpensive UV film for your windows if you don't have a protected spot for display.
>>
Does it damage a toy to have it on a space that gets some really slim rays of sun through blinds and a white curtain? Not direct at all.
>>
>>6134809
>>6135198

Pretty fucking gay really. Actually worse than just never opening them.
>>
You could consider building a display box for them out of lumber that covers the sun-facing sides. Put in some LED strips or whatever makes for safe lighting, make the front out of glass or plastic sheets so that they get some protection from dust.
>>
>>6134608
Partially true. Dyes and pigments used in printing and photographs will start to fade in the time period you mentioned. The paints used on toys (not the packaging) is more robust so it will last longer. However, it will eventually fade as well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.