[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of pre-ordering pic related. Does Max Factory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: Zero Suit Samus - Max Factory.jpg (134KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Suit Samus - Max Factory.jpg
134KB, 650x700px
I'm thinking of pre-ordering pic related. Does Max Factory make good stuff? I almost bought the Good Smile PVC one a while back, which looks better, but you can't pose. Any input would be appreciated since I've never owned anything from MF before. Thanks!
>>
>>6132513
Max Factory is one of the premier Japanese brands. They generally make excellent products, though pricey.
>>
>>6132513
>pre-ordering
It's out already.

Reviews say it's good. Yes, Max Factory (and the Figma line in general) are generally good shit. Go buy it if you like the look of it.
>>
>>6132525
I really like the look of it. They seem to have done a great job at making her posable, but still sleek.

Amazon says release on March 29 for $74. Where is it out already? I've only ever bought one Japanese figure before, so maybe Amazon isn't the place to get it from?
>>
>>6132545
http://hlj.com/product/MAX90168
>>
>>6132557
Thanks!

It looks like with any trackable shipping, it comes to about 7700, which would be $63-$70 instead of $74 from Amazon. Do you have any experience with shipping from HLJ?
>>
Did I fall into a fucking time warp? Are we seriously going to start this all over again with a new Figma Samus?
>>
>>6132602
Get ready for it again when the Twilight Princess Link & Zelda come out.
>>
>>6132602
sorry, I didn't get the last one, so figured I would get this one. I collect other stuff, but only have a few Japanese figures so I needed help.
>>
>>6132602
don't even start. Plenty of people ask this exact same question on non video game related figures but it doesn't register unless you fags can cry about /v/
>>
>>6132513
It's shit. The neck isn't articulated and it's fixed in a terrible pose making the figure looks like ass in 85% of the angles. It basically only looks good in promo pics.
>>
>>6132637
>it doesn't register

Are you forgetting all the Ryuko and Mikasa threads? Plenty of pleb teir animu gets shitposted also
>>
>>6132688
Same difference. It's either some video game cancer or weeb animu garbage that starts people crying about newfags.
>>
File: b9d1aa02.jpg (61KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
b9d1aa02.jpg
61KB, 1024x819px
>>6132643
It's tilting forward a little, but I wouldn't call this "terrible" by any stretch of the imagination. Pretty much all the review shots I've seen look fine. Stop catastrophizing.

>>6132574
HLJ is great, I've been using them for...wow, shit, nearly the past decade. Go with them, you'll get your figure much sooner than with Amazon and save a few bucks while you're at it.
>>
>>6132545
>posable, but still sleek
>posable
no neck joint and no ab crunch sure is posable

not that I won't buy every Metroid-related posable figure GSC or anyone else that isn't Jakks will shit out
>>
>>6132781
>no neck joint and no ab crunch sure is posable
Are you...new to Figmas or something? This is pretty standard for figures that need a more seamless appearance across their torso (for reference, see pretty much any recent Figma that wears a leotard or form-fitting bodysuit). You get one neck joint, inside the head, not at the base of the neck. You also get ab crunch in the form of the "under-boob" balljoint.
>>
>>6132804
How come busou shinki and other mecha masume stuff do it well?
>>
>>6132557
Isn't it cheaper on amiami?
>>
>>6132837
Gee, I dunno, because they're fucking robots?
>>
>>6132691
Keep moving those goalposts friend.
>>
File: 1238221021773.jpg (193KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1238221021773.jpg
193KB, 600x800px
>>6132837
Busou Shinki don't have an actual "ab crunch" either, they do the underboob balljoint just like Figmas. They typically have much better range due to the design of their bodies though. Have you ever played with a Shinki? They're all rail-thin and there are compromises made like huge divots carved out of the back of their thighs to allow for their range of motion.

It's not only their body shape though, some of it is actually due to some pretty brilliant engineering. For instance, their hip joints. They swing out and upwards just like the hinge on car doors, which allows Shinkis to hug their knees to their chest--quite a difficult feat for the majority of toys.
>>
>>6132855
>that giant empty butt gap
Christ.
>>
>>6132863
You can't have it all my friend. That unique door-hinge joint I talked about does leave quite a sizeable gap when you pull it out all the way. But the way I see it, you only use it for very specific things--like this pose. Under normal circumstances, the joint and thigh are filling up that space and look fine.
>>
>>6132702
Stop having low standards.
>>
>>6132881
Stop sperging out about irrelevant bullshit and go back to jerking off to your overpriced floppy eggshell waifus.
>>
File: lego varg.png (129KB, 211x243px) Image search: [Google]
lego varg.png
129KB, 211x243px
>>6132881
>>6132894
Stop playing with toys.
>>
>>6132853
keep crying about /v/ or /a/ friend. Hey, maybe get creative and blame reddit, 9gag or any other boogeyman you want to use as a scapegoat for your shitposting.
>>
>>6132602
This is why we need a sticky of some sort with tips on buying import figures.
>>
>>6132969
I'm not even the same anon faggot, anyone can see your retarded logic.
>>
>>6132988
Sure they can, that's why the first thread made about figma samus has someone bitching about the return of /v/ 6 posts in, right?
>>
>>6132993
You're the only one mentioning /v/ here.
>>
>>6132970
>This is why we need a sticky of some sort with tips on buying import figures.
That would be extremely helpful. I was a big SW collector for years and casually buy figures now. It would be nice for people that are new or returning to the hobby.
>>
>>6132702
>It's tilting forward a little,
That's the only angle you can have the head though!
Samus is ALWAYS looking down.

Honestly, this is a bad figure.
How do I get the black neck off of the original figma Samus so I can at least have unmasked?
>>
>>6132970
No. Absolutely not.
This is not fucking Reddit.
If you need your hand held, this is NOT the site for you.
>>
>>6132850
it is, but Op is new to ordering oversea. HLJ is a good store to start.
>>
>>6133600
fuck off. new people come to this board every day and a tiny bit of help goes a long way. Trying to be elitist on fucking 4chan is too retarded to comprehend.
>>
>>6134330
>HLJ is a good store to start.

Only caveat with them is they use PayPal, and if your bank is jews their debit card might not work with them.

I just ordered for the first time through them and it took less than a week to ship. They are a full fledged company so their customs papers and boxes are professional. No excessively detailed packing lists.
>>
>>6133600
All the fucking generals have guides already.
This isn't fucking hand holding, it's just preventing the questions we get all the time.
>>
>>6133600
You bitch about hand holding but I bet you equally bitch about people asking the same questions because they are new to the hobby.
I'd rather they have something to read and learn themselves than make new threads for the same questions as always which you can bitch about hand holding in.
>>
>>6134690
If they can't take the time to read through a thread or even better, the webshop's FAQ page to see if they can get an answer,what makes you think they'll stop and read a sticky?
There's being a noob, and then there's wanting people to hold you hand and practically ordering for you. Nothing wrong with the former at all. The latter is being a lazy fuck.
>>
>>6134741
It doesn't really matter. It's completely irrelevant to you. You're just getting mad for the sake of being mad.

If we get a sticky, people who read it will be helped, and experienced folks who normally spend their time typing out helpful replies will save a lot of time by being able to simply say "read the sticky." And you? You are neither party A nor party B in this example. In fact, you are not affected by this in any way. Stop grousing about shit that does not pertain to you.
>>
>>6134782
Don't assume I'm the same person just because I agree with them.
And again, if they can't/won't take the few minutes to look something up for themselves, what makes you think they'll read a sticky?
And if they're that helpless, what makes you think they'll go read the sticky when somebody tells them to, instead of throwing a bitch fit because somebody doesn't give them all the answers.?

See, here's how it'll play out:
FarTdiNKLER2883 #tw2xu4e: Hey ya'll where can I get XYZ Figma? How Do I pay for it? What's the shipping going to cost, etc?

anon 2: Read the sticky all the info is there.

FarTdiNKLER2883 #tw2xu4e: Why won't you just tell me? It won't hurt you to be nice and help you.

anon 2: All the info is right there, all you need to do is read it.

anon 3: Yeah M8 read the sticky

FarTdiNKLER2883 #tw2xu4e: fuck you cuckfags! all i wanted was some help. You guys are a bunch of cunts.

and BTW, it's all irrelevant anyway because most if not all the Generals have the freaking info in the very first post, and they don't even take the time to read it anyway before asking the same questions ad nauseam.
Change "Read the sticky" to "read the OP" in the scenario I outlined and you have something that constantly happens here.
>>
>>6134806
>throwing a bitch fit because somebody doesn't give them all the answers.?
You're catastrophizing now.

I've been that "Yeah M8 read the OP" guy for oh....the last six years or so here, and not once has someone told me to go fuck myself for it. In fact, they're usually quite grateful and polite.
>>
>>6134850
And I've been anon 2 many times and i HAVE seen people lose their shit..
Look, the point still stands:
If they aren't going to read the OP/FAQ/Google/whatever, they aren't going to read a sticky.
Check out boards that have them, then look at the number of "Sauce?", "can you post XYZ", "how do I ...?" posts that clog up the threads. (at least until a mod or janitor cleans them up)

In s similar vein, it's like people who post a question that they could easily answer themselves by using Google. Sometime that question could go unanswered for hours, even days, when all they had to do was type in a few words in their Google hole, and voila! Answers in seconds.
>>
>>6134898
You still haven't addressed how this is relevant to you at all. You are literally inserting yourself forcibly into a conversation that you have no stake in. Okay, so maybe people won't read it and will need to be manually directed there by other posters, and maybe, just maybe, someone might get mad about it. That has absolutely nothing to do with you. Nobody is clamping your eyes open and forcing you to read these posts, or holding a gun to your head and making you reply to them.

I said it once and I'll say it again. Quit forcing yourself to be mad about shit that doesn't affect you. Just walk away.
>>
>>6132970
Every general has an OP that usually includes helpful links. That's your sticky.
>>
>>6132702
>Pretty much all the review shots I've seen look fine.

cool story bro
>>
File: 517c5e9d.jpg (58KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
517c5e9d.jpg
58KB, 1024x819px
>>6134954
...okay, and? I said almost, not all. Posting a bad looking shot doesn't prove me wrong, it's perfectly in line with what I said.

Again, there are plenty of good looking shots of her out there.
>>
>>6134960
keep telling your cool story bro
>>
>>6134975
>fwoosh

You're supposed to use her underboob joint to straighten her neck and shoulders. It's not hard. While I do think a double jointed neck would be nice it's hardly the be all end all of figures.
>>
>>6134975
> fwoosh
> fucking murrikans can't into posing

No wonder you tards love NECA and keep shitting on Revoltechs
>>
>>6134347
that's because you're fucking cancer that came here after 2007
fucking kill yourself
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.