[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So glad I pledged early for my turboman figure https://www.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_2386.jpg (63KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2386.jpg
63KB, 700x467px
So glad I pledged early for my turboman figure

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/itsturbotime/turboman-action-figure-replica-repoduction#
>>
File: Turbo Depression.png (116KB, 193x242px) Image search: [Google]
Turbo Depression.png
116KB, 193x242px
>>6130538
Hope you enjoy it and have no remorse paying $130 for it.
>>
>>6130565
>only 100 in existence
>remorse over $130

Kek either you're poor, or a child with no real income
>>
>>6130538
Jesus. A little early don't you think? I'm planning on waiting until mid December to a get Turboman for my son.
>>
File: 105 Men.png (1KB, 80x51px) Image search: [Google]
105 Men.png
1KB, 80x51px
>>6130576
Kek either you're retarded or can't count
>>
>>6130538
>Turboman
>No voice box

Nice $130 bootleg.
>>
>>6130593
To be fair the actual movie prop didn't have one either
>>
>>6130604
Didn't the bootleg of the toy in the movie have one? lol
>>
>>6130621
The props never had voice boxes.
In film production, you can use editing with audio and add something that isn't actually there. If you weren't a failed abortion you would understand that.
>>
>>6130589
Five backers donated $10 for mere contribution.
You're just angry you have class so early tomorrow and never finished your homework.
>>
>>6130646
tomorrow is MLK day, numbnuts.
>>
>>6130661
It's Monday. Tomorrow is Tuesday.
>>
>>6130576
It's just straight up dumb famalam.

I had no idea that there was such a huge Jingle All The Way collector market though.
>>
>>6130661
Said the child.
>>
>>6130538
im sick of kickstarters. 130$ for broken promises and redecos
>>
>>6130538

I was happy to see the Kickstarter was going to offer more than 100 pieces but neckbeard backers cried MUH LIMITED EDISHUN. Glad to see they couldn't even get voices on it.
>>
You guys realize there's an actual action figure of this with lights and sounds that looks better than this shit, right?
>>
>Unlicensed bootleg toy

>Inferior quality to the original licensed toy

>No voice electronics

>Cheap homemade casting

>Forced scarcity

I purposely didn't back this product because the figure is total shit.

The kickstarter should be reported for copyright infringement
>>
>>6131141
It's far superior.

This is basically one of those cheap $10 titan heros figures only the guy is selling it for $100. It's huge, huge scam.
>>
>>6130538
Yikes...
>>
>>6131161
>Titan heros
It has eight points of articulation in the original packaging, 14"

Do you know anything about the cost for a MOQ production run in China, with electroplating none the less?

Tl;dr kys
>>
>>6130645
>TWO THOUSAND AND FUCKING SEVEN TEENS

>TECHNOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE OF INCORPORATING SOUND CHIPS INTO TOYS

Wow!
>whooheftw whooheftw whooheftw
>>
File: IMG_2395.jpg (137KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2395.jpg
137KB, 1200x675px
>legality
The director came in contact with the creator of the kickstarter two years ago, which is how he was able to obtain screen used props for scanning and sculpting revisions.
>crappy figure
The point of the fund is not to give collectors a toy. It's a replica of a film prop, only 100 copies at that.
>but the Tiger version
The tiger version was a loose interpretation at best. The film version looks nothing like it, and the light up legs are an obnoxious attempt to make up for the fact that they couldn't even go for electroplating or correct proportions.
>not worth it
Even the tiger version still fetches $250, usually $300 on eBay these days, and it has nothing to do with the lights and sounds. Considering these are electroplated, screen used replicas with packaging and in limited quantity, the resale profit will be huge. Especially in December.
>>
>>6130645
You are a total idiot. Go take your edge lord attitude out of here. You are just too autistic to see that I was pointing that part of the movie out and not saying that the actual prop had voice boxes.

I would like that chrome look for the gold.
>>
>>6132676
That feel when I owned the Tiger Turboman as a kid.
>>
File: 1483783266942.jpg (33KB, 238x246px) Image search: [Google]
1483783266942.jpg
33KB, 238x246px
>>6132830
Not that anon but seriously, it's really nowhere near worth the amount of money they cost in regards to their "Quality".

If you're happy with it then fine, but don't act like you got something worth the money regardless of "Rarity" or "Exclusivity". In the end it's a glorified custom job in a short term beanie baby bubble.
>>
The Tiger version never sells on eBay. People just relist the item over and over again.
>>
>>6130538
Fox has an email contact where you can report piracy and unlicensed product. Be sure to report this fraudulent kickstarter scam.
>>
>>6132865
Hey, how about you do it and report back to us when something happens.
don't worry, we'll wait.
>>
>>6130578
Even that's too early anything before Christmas Eve is rushing it
>>
>>6130578
I'm also getting one for my wife's son
>>
>>6132865
A mentally disabled person could have visited the kickstarter page and read that the director has approved for production. Unfortunately you're less than that.
>>
Eh if it's not the limited edition gold one from the movie I don't want it.
>>
I got a datong turboman from a shady Santa last Christmas for half the price and my son can't tell the difference other than some odd Spanish phrases and terrible articulation and the occasional dislocated limb.
>>
>>6137737
Apparently it's said to have the gold electroplating like the one at the end of the film, production samples looked pretty nice
>>
>>6130538
>Turboman action figure replica repoduction is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.
>>
>>6140319
shit like this is why the copyright system is broken

>this action figure from an old box office bomb somehow hurts our studio terribly

Like fuck it does.
>>
>>6134043
Too bad getting the director's blessing isn't the same as getting Fox corporate's blessing. Looks like whoever was running this campaign didn't do his due diligence and reach out to Fox proper for an OK. Maybe he thought this would slip under their radar. I guess this kinda sucks for people who wanted it, but this new figure was costing about the same as the old one goes for on Ebay and I really didn't see that it was a big improvement.
>>
>>6140388
>didn't see that it was a big improvement

Because you're retarded
>>
>>6140352
they just dont want to remember it exists. it was a tongue in cheek movie plot that got taken the wrong way
>>
>>6140886
nah, it's just more "but our eye pee must be protected" nonsense that rich people pull over literal non-issues.
>>
>>6140319
>>Turboman action figure replica repoduction is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.

Kek
>>
>>6132865
you and who ever else reported the project are complete pieces of shit, and have no respect for collectors or fans. It was simply out of spite.
Karma will take care of you in time if it isn't already, considering you have nothing better to do than fuck with peoples interests.
>>
>>6132865
Kek
What purpose would you have for instigating legal action?Are you really so pathetic that you have to ruin something as stupid as this for people?
Lame or not, >>6142749 is right, you're a giant turd. Kys.
>>
>>6140388
>I guess this kinda sucks for people who wanted it
How caring of you. You're just some sad sack of shit relishing in other people's misfortunes on a Cambodian prostitution message board site. I'm sure your parents are proud.
>>
>>6140352
No, some douchebag in this thread fucked it up for everyone and reported it to fox
See
>>6131156
>>6132865
>>6140388

Turboman isn't actually licensed by them as of 2007, however, so the kickstarter actually isn't under any infringement
>>
It has come to our attention that Kickstarter member "Rumour Skywalker" is running a campaign to fund a reproduction of a "Turbo Man" toy, replicated from a prop in the Film (the "Infringing Product"), without Fox's authorization, at [redacted]. This use of the FOX IP in the Infringing Product creates consumer confusion because users encountering the Infringing Product will assume that Fox sponsors, endorses, or authorizes the use of the FOX IP or the Infringing Product, neither of which are true.
>>
>>6140388
Wow. What a dick.
>>
>>6142796
>Product creates consumer confusion because users encountering the Infringing Product will assume that Fox sponsors, endorses, or authorizes the use of the FOX IP or the Infringing Product, neither of which are true.

I like how they can make some bullshit up and have it fly solely because of the amount of money they can push around. A move worthy of a Jew.
>>
>>6142784
>Post gloating thread about how you were lucky to get a bootleg toy being sold in a forced scarcity campaign.

>People get sick of your gloating and report the product.

>Product gets pulled from the Kickstarter

Bitch, you caused this to happen.
>>
>>6142796

I think the forced scarcity thing pissed a lot of people off and someone reported it. It was especially bad when the guy said he'd do more than 100, but they original scalpers / backers complained and he reneged on his promise and limited them to just 100.
>>
I love the people who actually care enough to gloat or point fingers about this shit.
it's a fucking toy from an at best mediocre movie, get some fresh air you basement dwellers.
>>
>>6142969
>but the original scalpers / backers complained

You just know that anyone who bitched about raising the production limit was just planning to scalp the damn thing anyway.
>>
>>6142967
Damn are you poor.
>>
I wish they had increased the production run so even more people could be disappointed.

>>6132865

If you're the reason this happened then bless your soul.
>>
>>6143669
>posts about an unlicensed collectible on 4chan
>anons report the project just to enjoy the schadenfreude

Fixed that for you, newfriend.
>>
this is fucking stupid when actual turbo man toys exist

these are knockoffs
>>
File: 061.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
061.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>6132968
I guess the wait is over. :^)
>>
AND SHUT DOWN

AHAHAHAHAH

NO REFUNDS

>RubbinghandsGoyim.avi
>>
File: not the father.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
not the father.gif
4MB, 344x203px
>>6140319
This made my day.
>>
>>6132676
>screen used replicas

Lol wut. No, a replica isn't Screen Used.

Screen Used only matters if it's an actual prop.
>>
>>6144037
>NO REFUNDS

Everyone involved will get a refund.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (4KB, 225x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
4KB, 225x200px
>>6143107
LOL you got fucked. No toys for you!
>>
>>6143002
That's exactly what his post was implying.
>>
>>6143704
You must be one of those HasTak fanboys that always tries to shit up the third party TF threads.
>>
So it turns out the real issues are that:
A) They made reproductions of the official prop without Fox's permission, which is a legitimate infringement.
B) Fox doesn't want the product to be mistakenly associated with them, probably for quality control and saftey issues.

I think it's kinda funny that this probably would never had come up if OP hadn't been such a dick about defending his opinions.
>>
File: IMG_0165.png (226KB, 390x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0165.png
226KB, 390x389px
Scalpers BTFO

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>6140352
They own the property, someone else cannot just make something without licensing it.
>>
>>6142784
>Turboman isn't actually licensed by them as of 2007
Doesn't arnold Schwarzneger still hold right for his likeness, though?
>>
This thread needs to be screencaped.
>>
>>6152458
the cringe levels on both sides is too embarrassing to revisit.
>>
File: turboman failure.png (415KB, 1268x3841px) Image search: [Google]
turboman failure.png
415KB, 1268x3841px
>>6152502
Nigga please. This thread was hilarious.
>>
>>6153460
It really wasn't, it made me so embarrassed it made me regret being literate.
>>
>>6153923
Eh. It wasn't even the worst I've seen on /toy/ let alone 4chan.
>>
>>6153460
lol
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.