[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buyer purchases item, takes days to pay >buyer receives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

>buyer purchases item, takes days to pay
>buyer receives item, never leaves feedback
>buyer makes best offer 50% off or more like they're doing you a favor

I'm beginning to hate selling on eBay. As a seller eBay almost forces me to take best offers unless I manually disable it, and the fuckhead buyers still message me with lowball prices. I have to upgrade to a business account just to require immediate payment even though this should be a default feature. Then eBay expects me to leave feedback the second a buyer pays, yet the buyers are under zero obligation to leave me feedback when they get their item.

Sellers are pretty much the source of eBay's income from fees, yet we're treated like shit by their system.

Here's a novel idea- if you don't even have the money to buy an item, don't buy the item. If you're so broke it takes you 5 days to pay for an item that's only $7 shipped, you're probably too poor to be buying shit on eBay in the first place. If I see average sale price on an item is $50, I priced $40 to lowball below that, and your offer of $16 is insulting and makes you look like a poorfag.
>>
Don't look at me... I always pay immediately and leave five blocks feedback unless something is wrong with the item.
>>
>>6128787
This is well known no more blog please.
>>
>>6129166
Go take a nap on the highway.
>>
>>6128787
Yeah, eBay has alot of entitled poorfags. But at least they're not paying $50 to get into a con and then poorfagging in person. Those people are insufferable. It's not enough to not pay shipping, they've got to fondle everything and then throw a tantrum over anything less than 50% discount. You know, because it's not like vendors pay for rent or travel or inventory...
>>
>>6129409
They ought to dump the eBay name and call it Pauper Mart or P-Mart for short.
>>
>retard seller lists a used figure for 2.5x its current market value
>send him a best offer of current market value + a few dollars extra
>seller acts as if I've just skullfucked his dead mother

If your shit is overpriced, it won't sell.

>"b-but we're the ones who make money for ebay!"

And where does that money come from you fucking spastic? You don't get brownie points for scalping shit, it all goes in eBay's pocket, they don't give a shit. So again, if you can't move your items, there's something wrong with your pricing.

I always start my auctions at the lowest amount for 7 days, none of this buy-it-now or best offer shit. If you don't like being sent offers, untick the box that says 'allow best offers' and ignore messages from buyers.
>>
>>6128787
>>buyer receives item, never leaves feedback
I never leave feedback first. This may mean I miss out on FB sometimes but I already have a couple hundred so who cares.

>buyer purchases item, takes days to pay
Never did this, not ever since ebay took away check/mo payment (which I used to do all the time). Since it's forced Paypal I just pay instantly, no point to waiting. Although I suppose there are some desparate-ass broke niggas that buy something and have to wait for their next paycheck to pay.

>buyer makes best offer 50% off or more like they're doing you a favor
Eh, lowest lowball Best Offers I do are around 65%. What I usually do with a BO is try to get the prnce + shipping to a nice whole number amount. I'll see a toy I like at $35 + $13.50 shipping (wtf) and BO it at 26.50 because
"I'll pay $40 for this"
>>
>>6129737
>yuh-yuh-yuh-you must be overpricing

A know-it-all just showed up, and as usual he has no clue. Nah, not overpricing, you're just a cheapass. I actually price below every other seller, if even that's too much then you ca go fuck yourself, poorfag. Just because you're cheap doesn't mean it's overpriced, you're just being cheap.

>us buyers give eBay money

You're not that important, and unless oyu actually buy then you don't give eBay money, dumb fuck.

I'd say I won't want you as a customer, you sound too likely to file bogus claims to get free shit anyway, let alone being too much hassle. I bet you buy on Saturday night and beg for tracking #s on Sunday.

>auctions

enjoy wasting your time.

>>6129739
I make it clear I won't leave feedback until the buyer does. Buyer feedback hasn't meant dick since eBay forced "positive only" buyer feedback. Sellers DO need feedback though, and you fuck us over when you don't leave it. Why give you a useless thing first when you can then hold our valuable feedback for ransom after?

>Eh, lowest lowball Best Offers I do are around 65%

I accept reasonable offers, but anything 33% or more I reject with no counteroffer. That's if I bother at all, I actually stopped doing it because all I got were 50% or more off stuff I've already priced way below everyone else. Sorry, but nah, at $5 shipped I may as well throw it in the garbage can for what few pennies I'd get in the end after postage and fees.
>>
>>6129819
>you fuck us over when you don't leave it.
You're not fucked over, you got paid right?

>counteroffers
I always decline them. When I think "I'm willing to pay $40 for this" I mean it. If I miss out on getting it, oh well. I'm pretty good at keeping my collecting within limits, unlike a lot of other collectors.
>>
>>6128787
I've only been late to pay 1 time out of the 80 or so purchases, and it was because some Chinese person got a hold of my credit card the day before and had to lock the account. The seller started getting pissed after day 2 or 3, but I would be too if I was in their shoes I guess. Once I paid they were nice though.

I also leave feedback within the week I get the item. I've intentionally low-balled offers because that way they could counter-offer for a price I think is more reasonable, instead of starting at the price I think is more reasonable.
>>
>>6128787
Because I know your scalper ass item doesn't cost three time it should.
>>
>not befriending everyone who buys from you
Rarely do I have things stay up for more than a few days due to people who like me following me. Good deals plus a little Internet dick-sucking and chatting has built up a reliable buyer base for me.
>>
>>6129819
Are you just admitting you're a scalper?
>>
>>6129834
>You're not fucked over, you got paid right?

Actually, I've been buying on Ebay for like a decade and only started selling and at first they don't even release your money for like 30 days or until the package shows up as delivered and you get feedback it's fucked up. I don't know how anyone sells on Ebay.
>>
>>6128787
>list hard to find, no longer produced item
>keep getting lowball, lower than MSRP tier offers when all other listings are selling for a few hundred
I feel like there's been a sudden surge of poorfags on eBay or something
>>
>>6129885
As I recall it, for me it was three days after confirmation of delivery. I think the stipulations were like two total months selling and ten sales or something to that effect. Looking back, the new seller limitations aren't that bad.
>>
>>6129913
No, it's just post-2014 eBay.

eBay's getting to be practically useless for me as a buyer as well. I see alot of the same recycled items over and over. There's no variety because they keep pushing smaller sellers out in favor of big failures like TRU. Jesus Christ, if TRU would just run their fucking stores right, they wouldn't need to pimp their overpriced shit on eBay.

The place to go if you really want variety is a cheaper pop culture convention. Those are getting tough too though because Jews like to charge through the nose for tables. So they fill up with Funko Pop vendors and sword/kilt/goth shit because that's all that has enough margin to have any hope of making your tables money back.
>>
I just write in the description that people must pay within 24 hrs, no more warnings. this particular policy at least covers my old 7 day policy to pay since it takes that long for a non buyer ebay report

this happened to often at one point, not even the 2nd chancers were interested. also

>HUGE final bid
>doesnt pay
>second chance
>doesnt pay
>relist
>price is lower
>>
>>6129819
>Why give you a useless thing first when you can then hold our valuable feedback for ransom after?
Because then you'll be more likely to get your valuable feedback. If you don't leave me feedback, as you've said, it won't really affect me at all. But if I don't leave you feedback, you're at a disadvantage. So you can play your little game. You'll be the one hurting, not me.
>>
>>6128787
I never like Carlin's shtick. I think he just got as far as he did because he was one of the early counter culture comedians of his time. Most his shit varies from child like to just being angry.
>>
>>6128787
I' didn't know that you can order and later pay.... I pay immediately uwu
>>
>>6129819
>Sorry, but nah, at $5 shipped I may as well throw it in the garbage can for what few pennies I'd get in the end after postage and fees.
You know it's bad when you think "I'd do be better taking a tax credit for destroying this than if I sold it to a poorfag on eBay."
>>
Buyer here, lots of sellers flake on feedback.
>>
>>6139792
Feedback on buyers is worthless now that it's positive-only. I still leave feedback after a buyer does though.
>>
fucking ebay emails misleading as fuck
>Price lowered on (Item!)
Huh, something I was watching got put on sale? Gotta check it out...
>You watched at $50.39. We found one similar for $43.49.
>"similar one" is in China
There's a fucking reason why I watched the one in the US. I wish I could permanently and completely exclude international search results.
>>
>always instant checkout on PayPal
>so if seller fucks me, i can fuck them back
>seller leave me good feedback because pay right away
>receive item, check everything, look for damage that isnt mentioned in listing.
>sleep on it, check it again next day
>everything's good, always leave 5 stars if item is as described
>even if shippiing is late because half the time, it isnt their fault

OP, you probably sell items that mostly broke ass scum lowballer fuckheads tend to buy. Stop selling waifu figures.
>>
>>6142589
I always get the exact same listing when I get those emails. Scored a Metal Build Heine Destiny for 200AU because of that. Then I cut myself from all the fucking sharp edges.
>>
>buy on ebay, but only really when I'm forced to
>always leave feedback
>never really had many problems
>hardest thing is finding a decent deal for anything because sellers always think their shit should be worth anything above MSRP for current, in production products

It's the last part that bothers me the most. What fucking retard thinks those Hasbro Titanmasters are worth $13 fuckin' bux a pop? What kind of drooling, lackwit mongoloid is going to buy that shit at that price?

This is why I usually have to take my shopping elsewhere, with sensible prices.
>>
>>6129819
>auctions

>enjoy wasting your time

Nah nigga. You enjoy being broke.
>>
>it's an anon has nothing but useless shit that everyone already owns but tried to sell it on eBay anyway thread

Let me break it down real easy for you dipshits, if you have something in high demand it will sell. If you have the same bullshit everyone else has, or, much more rare, something so uncommon that it doesn't have a fan base, then you are fucked. Here's an example of shit you can easily sell on ebay:

>Any Lego item, especially large or limited edition sets
>premium figures that meet the current industry standard, like most Hot Toys
>limited art figures like Black 13 Park
>figures that achieve legendary status for being awesome. These are not hard to spot. These are the figures that look so cool that even if you don't know or care about the property you want them anyway. Think Mezco comic Hellboy, Neca Turtles, etc.
>Star Wars Expanded universe toys. These are usually lower run figures with large fan bases.
>etc etc etc

If you can't see a simple pattern here then fuck you. You deserve to make no money on eBay.
>>
>>6129848
>I've intentionally low-balled offers because that way they could counter-offer for a price I think is more reasonable, instead of starting at the price I think is more reasonable.
Exactly. That's how you fucking haggle. If your price is $60 and I want to pay $50, I'm going to start at $35-40.
>>
>>6142615
I wish I could get MSRP for anything on eBay.

If I had a steady stream of people willing to pay MSRP, I wouldn;t have to fuck the daylights out of people on stuff like UW Computron.
>>
File: smugsuckinganimegirl.gif (152KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
smugsuckinganimegirl.gif
152KB, 500x516px
>>6143574
Not always, most counter offers I get are like..
>Priced at $60
>offer $30
>Counter offer $50
>offer $31
>counter offer $45 because whatever I want it gone
>offer $32
>reject
>Get angry message about me being a tight ass

I'm sorry sir but you're going to have to pay more than that to get your used waifu figure.
>>
>>6128787
You must be a retard seller that thinks your pre-owned shit is worth 100% of a new one's value, plus an extra 10% to cover ebay fees and shit.
>>
>>6128787
>Buy item
>Shows up missing part
>"Did you look in the shipping box? I'll look around, but if I can't find it you're free to buy another of that part from me :))))"

Amazon is just as bad as eBay apparently.

>Buy item
>Pay for it
>Says getting ready for shipping
>Japanese store emails you "Cann you prease cancer u oldel because it not in stock :))))"
>Check their store, marked in stock at a higher price now

Fucking price fishing bullshit. It's the second time it's happened to me with the same item from a different Japanese seller on Amazon.

Email Amazon
>Hey this seller is price fishing, it's not the first time I've seen it, here are some screenshots
>"We don't control the prices merchants set, has customer service been to your satisfaction? Leave us a rating!"
>Leave a shitty rating saying they are endorsing price fishing scams and shady business practices
>Suddenly email in my inbox
>"W-w-we appreciate your feed back and we realize that the practice of third party merchants reflect on our business as a whole we've opened a case etc."
>>
>>6129913
>I can make a killing on these toys! Toys are an investment! :D
>>
Never done a best offer before. Is 70% the asking price a reasonable starting offer? I'm trying to get it for 20% off, but I know there will be some back and forth.
>>
>>6146807
70% is quite reasonable. Personally I don't start lower than 50% unless the item is obviously overpriced. Buyers have a limited number of offers so starting too low can fuck you over.
>>
>>6128787
What a baby
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.