[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought a Buzz Lightyear today at Disney World and was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2664.jpg (112KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2664.jpg
112KB, 500x331px
Bought a Buzz Lightyear today at Disney World and was wondering how I should go about removing the ANDY from his foot. It looks like it's painted on along with the purple coat so I cant just apply rubbing alcohol or anything to get rid of it. If I have to repaint, what paint should I get?
>>
File: 1468721197806.gif (388KB, 422x368px) Image search: [Google]
1468721197806.gif
388KB, 422x368px
I wonder how the toys in toy story would feel if they had the same shit done to them as we do to our toys.

Would rubbing alcohol feel like acid?
How would they react to the floor polish method? Would boiling water or blow drying to loosen joints feel like hell?
>>
>>6128116
Well, if Woody's reaction to getting the magnifying glass-burn is any indication, I'd say anything detrimental to the toy would be painful. Acetone would be burning sensations, boiling would be like getting boiling-related burns that humans can get, floor polish on joints would be like muscular and joint strengthening, and getting coated in the stuff would be like getting stronger, thicker skin.
>>
>>6128129
I think that it's a bit more complex than that. Remember, the glass-burn was a DAMAGING thing, boiling typically doesn't do any long-term damage to the figure. Buzz had an entire arm pulled off and never commented on it being painful. I think that paint removal would be something akin to making the toy 'naked', but I wouldn't say whether Buzz would feel anything through any part outside his head, as most of what makes up the toy is 'clothes'.
>>
>>6128139
>Buzz had an entire arm pulled off and never commented on it being painful

I would fucking hope so. Having Buzz screaming the whole movie because he lost his arm would make for an unsettling family experience.

Also plasticizer leaking is like blood maybe
>>
I would think boiling to loosen joints or straighten parts would be like a deep-tissue massage: painful, but you feel better afterwards.
>>
Just paint over it in purple. You don't need to make a thread for your disney retard toys.
>>
File: 1480823502949.jpg (127KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480823502949.jpg
127KB, 600x800px
>>6128129
I doubt Toy Story toys actually have a smart-built world.

Remember second movie where Woody lost an arm? TWICE.
First-andy ripped it off.
Second - Stinky Pete simply use pick-axe to rip it off again.

Woody didnt seemed to feel pain at that moment.
PS:
I think when he was screaming after that magnifying glass he was mostly afraid if he will be caught on fire-so he wanted to put his head into water as soon as it possible.
>>
>>6128100
Why didn't you buy the Toy Story Collection one? It doesn't have any text on the soles.

Should keep the Disney World Store one unaltered, imo
>>
>>6128478
Also worth noting when Woody was restored in #2 all the paints and chemicals in those paints.
I think it's safe to say the creators didn't think it all the way through.
>>
What's the point of removing it?
>>
>>6128653
Because that Buzz doesn't belong to Andy.
>>
If you applied Toy Story rules to the Toy Story merch, what would the result be? Would all those shelves of Buzz and Woody's all be desperately trying to escape the store to return to Andy, only to realize that Andy never existed? Would Buzz be upset about you removing Andy's name?
>>
>>6128830
Wouldn't they be more akin to the 2nd Buzz from #2 who believed he was the real thing?
>>
>>6128778
When are you going to see the writing on the bottom of the foot?
>>
>>6128100
Just paint over it like in the movie.
https://youtu.be/6QgZoMR7ofs?t=2m51s
>>
>>6128778
autism
>>
>>6128100
Nail polish remover is the best because it takes off the original paint. But it also melts plastic, so if you choose to use it be careful and use a q- tip very lightly then file the surface with a nail file and paint with acrylic and seal with matte or gloss mod podge.
>>
U fucking monster.
Who would want to remove that?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.