[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of yours wants to get into collecting figures as a hobby.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (77KB, 356x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77KB, 356x307px
A friend of yours wants to get into collecting figures as a hobby. Which lines do you introduce them to?
>>
>>6119069
Hasbro, bandai us, 3A
>>
Happened already. I went with gunpla. Then we didn't have the time to build gunpla together anymore so we both just kinda stopped.
>>
If they're going to be collecting casually, then Black Series of Marvel Legends.
>>
>>6119069
Figuarts, Figma, and possibly Aracadia's Macross (orignial, none of that shitty copy pastad love live bullshit) line
>>
>>6119094
>build gunpla together
I will never know this feel...
>>
>>6119087
Add in Revoltech and PAK already, you fucking masochist
>>
File: 342px-hasmatt.png (83KB, 342x599px) Image search: [Google]
342px-hasmatt.png
83KB, 342x599px
Xevoz
>>
>>6119069
Figma, figuarts
>>
Isn't finding out what you're passionate about kinda the point of connecting?
>>
>>6119069
bad dragon
>>
I warn them not to start. Way better things to buy than plastic crack.
>>
>>6122538
10 times this. I just think of all the money I waste on toys, makes me want to punch myself
>>
>>6122564
It's not the money I regret spending, it's collecting the wrong toylines.
>>
File: ahuehuehuehue.png (508KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
ahuehuehuehue.png
508KB, 640x1136px
>that feel when you've sent two of your friends down the path of toy collecting
I regret nothing.

And to answer OP's question, that just depends on their interests.
>>
File: 185px-Geoffrey_design_1999.png (19KB, 185x173px) Image search: [Google]
185px-Geoffrey_design_1999.png
19KB, 185x173px
>>6119069
doesn't it depend on what the friend likes? does anyone collect based on brand and not licence or property? If you like batman you collect mattyshit and if you like marvel or star wars of transgenderformers you're a has-bro.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
Mini Mixies

HOW DO I FIND SHARK BOY
>>
>>6122462
this
>>
I introduced one through pawning off old Legends and Figuarts and getting him into kamen rider.
He had to move though and sticks to stuff like checkout lane WoN stuff last he said.
>>
>>6122462
The lore will hook them
>>
>>6119069
Me? I was a pretty big collector of the Hasbro 3.75" Star Wars action figures, but everything changed when I discovered 3A!

Now that 3A has the Star Wars license looks like hehe... looks like we've come full circle, pardner!
>>
>>6119069
This is pretty much how I got into the hobby. My friend and are huge dbz fans and he introduced me to the figures line and fast forward 2 years and now I have 50 figuarts, 70 figma, 3 HotToys and a few Revoltechs.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.