[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 8 years old >be introduced to Bionicle gen 1 > "i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>be 8 years old
>be introduced to Bionicle gen 1
> "i luv me some bionicles bruv"
>be 9 years old
>Bionicle gen 2/Toa Nuva revealed
>"the fuck, this ain't my bionicle"
>become a gen 1 Bionicle purist before reaching puperty
>years later
>kicking myself for not using parent's money for upgraded versions of what was my favourite toy line.

Was my child self a piece of shit, /toy/?
>>
I have had this exact same thing happen to me, on so many occasions. Always kicking my past self for hating so much awesome stuff.

let's see:
Passing up Cybertron Primus on clearance
Passing on Wild force megazords when they were in the store
>>
>>6112567
I liked how my lore tied in with me getting the toys, "First" to land on the beach was Onua and then my toa met each other (gradually as I bought them) I also managed to get a bit of story when my step brother brought round Gali and Lewa so I had a quick story about them two being seperated so eventually when i did get the two they had some backstory!

I also had similar stuff happen with GEN2 as my Toa each one by one got the powers and then id play with them learning their new powers till I bought another!
>>
>>6112567
>>Bionicle gen 2/Toa Nuva revealed
Nuva aren't G2. G2 is the 2015-16 line.
>>
File: IMG_3688.png (1MB, 874x1118px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3688.png
1MB, 874x1118px
>>6112814
Fuck you. You're interrupting our feelings.
>>
>>6112567
Anon, I feel you. In every detail. I went through the same 'trve bionicle = 2001 bionicle' phase when I was a kid.

Honestly, though, I still remember I felt overwhelmed by the sort-of-quickly changes the series went through (if you think about it, nearly every six months there was something new about it). Plus, if you didn't know English at the time (like in my case) forget about the world-building stuff like MNOG; here we got ALL information in our language from fucking LEGO catalogs—if we were lucky enough.

I don't know if that relates to you, but there's all sorts of people getting rid of their old LEGO collections everywhere. Just look online, I recently found 8 slizers + 6 toa mata (with canisters and instructions in mint shape) for 40€.
>>
It still confuses me with the land changes and then "wave" changes.
Are the Toa's the same people and then get transformed or are they completely different?

Piraki I loved but then did they turn into the Baraki?

I half remember in the Third film the 2nd Toa(Nuvas) woke up transformed from being webbed.
>>
I'm currently looking for toys from my childhood, how hard are these to find still? I loved my old green bohrok
>>
Its nice knowing how retarded the people in charge of Bionicle fucked it for everyone.
>>
>>6116396
Depends on the country you are in. Bohrok, however, are fairly easily found, and you could even get them by parts on Bricklink (I got two of them for 6€ that way).
>>
>>6116384
That's what I meant. Don't get me wrong, I was a die-hard fan of Bionicle. But it hasn't been until recent years that I have got back in touch with it and got deeper into the story and, thus, the community.

Still, if you didn't use the internet as much or did it but you had average-to-zero level of English, you could not go far enough into the story, and every movie and set 'upgrade' made a mess in your head.
>>
This is reminding me of how I didn't even know the Toa Metru from 2004 were actually the village elders, and the story was a prequel to the 01-03 story.

It wasn't until I looked back at the older stuff around late 2005 when I realized all the characters had the same names. (Vakama, Ahkmou, etc) That was my "oh shit" moment and from thwn on got heavy into the story so I wouldn't make a mistake like that again.
>>
>>6112758
This stuff is what made Bionicle great; that kind of canon-personal compatible story.
>>
>>6112567
The first wave had the most charming designs anyway. Absolutely hated the Masks of the Nuva, still do. Later designs went even crazier still and looked shittier.
>>
>>6112567
I feel bad for you. I loved the Toa Nuva, they didn't feel much different to me other than my favorite characters with additional armor and weapons, and not to mention if fucking loved the Bohrok. Toa Metru is when I started to lose interest for sure.
>>
File: Bionicle flowchart.jpg (780KB, 3876x1892px) Image search: [Google]
Bionicle flowchart.jpg
780KB, 3876x1892px
>>6116384
I'm not too versed in the Bionicle lore, myself, but I do know enough prior to Glatorian.
>>
File: Bionicle flowchart v2.png (3MB, 3876x1892px) Image search: [Google]
Bionicle flowchart v2.png
3MB, 3876x1892px
>>6122723
fix
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.