[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glyos General - before homage repaints ruined the line edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 56

File: BlockShots.jpg (1MB, 992x1041px) Image search: [Google]
BlockShots.jpg
1MB, 992x1041px
Hey remember when Glyos was a full line of innovative building toys, turning the idea of designer and vinyl toys from shelf-display hipster garbage into something that truly inspired the mind and tested the fingers with creativity?

What went wrong?
>>
>>6111117

he-man and ninja turtles and star wars lol
>>
>>6111117
The hipsters invaded and treat it more as art looking at you TJFatty. Yes you make videos about them but putting them on a pedastal turns it into a beanie babie
>>
>>6111117

I blame Monster Kolor. Painting indie toys rainbow metallic is the new drybrushing.

But I dunno more drops in useful matching colors would be great instead of 12 different 80's homages.
>>
>>6111257
Homage season is over, back to original Glyos colors
>>
>>6113706
Apparently you disagree!

Can you defend the state of Glyos today vs 5/6/7 years ago in any manner?
>>
Z-Bots were better
>>
>>6111117
>>6111117
>What went wrong?
Honestly, I think it was the cheapskates (myself included).

Matt laid it out and said "We can either keep making stuff with detail lines and charge more or we can stuff without detail lines that cost the same. Which do you want?"

And many people jumped on the no detail lines train, only to realize later that detail lines make the sculpts look so much better.

You could also blame the OTF fiasco and the exodus of many senior members of the fandom too.
>>
>>6118063
Glyos was at its best with detail-lined figures that were $10-12 back then (I'd have no problem paying $14-16 for them now) and completely unpainted Buildstation COLORED* figures that were $ or $6 then (would pay $8 now>0

*Not clear, making clear the official Buildstation color was a mistake. I blame that brief dye-mania on the OTF for that.
>>
>>6111117
I don't know, I hope that the brand as a whole can pull itself out of this rut that it is in.
>>
>>6114039
DUDE FUCK YES
Every time someone mentions Z-Bots I feel an instant kinship with them. I started buying some again recently, I only have about 26 right now(4 of which are from my childhood collecton. surviving 4 moves and many wars among the shag carpeting, bath tubs and sandboxes of my youth).
Why does no one bring Z-Bots back? My sister and I were having this long conversation about it not long ago and even started sketching/sculpting some rough ideas. If only..

Also yea Glyos is kinda taking a nose dive in every way possible, things are at a definite lull. Which sucks because Matt seems like a really passionate guy and he's given us some phenomenal products, several of which I'll always hold in my personal collection and occasionally play with. 2016 just wasn't up to par, even with the new sculpts.
>>
>>6118111
>Hasbro owns Galoob
>Z-bots was a Galoob property
>FunPub worked Go-bots, Rock Lords, Starriors, and Robotix into Transformers canon but didn't work Z-bots in

J U S T
>>
>>6118111
Fuckin loved Z-Bots. I had my collection out a few weeks ago. Still have 50 something of them around.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6114039
Would Hagen no Zista be on par with them? Also how come no one gives love to Kabaya or other Japenese stuff they make small robutts all the time..
>>
>>6118369
Wanna trade some Z-bots broh?
>>6119371
If those were more easily accessible I would've jumped into that line, they look like tons o'fun, doesn't help I didn't really find out about them til like 3-4 waves in and the first 2 were impossible to get.
Is that line dead now or wat?
>>
>>6119371
too bad Hagen no zista is dead now.
They turned em into trading cards and shit
Never heard of that Kabaya stuff, any pics to share?
>>
>>6119371
Kabaya is a company not a toyline
>>6120767
Kabaya does mainly Hone Zaru Zaru and Transformers model kits in legends scale, the use a lot of 5mm post and plugs, just look up youheidx
>>
When was the last time Rigs or Blocks were in the store?
I always held off and they never appear to show up anymore.
>>
>>6120796
The last core block was Wave 51 in 2015. The last rig was Wave 41 in 2014. According to Marc's database, but it's not always the best
>>
File: HPIM6743.jpg (139KB, 780x430px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM6743.jpg
139KB, 780x430px
I fucking loved Rigs, there was a long stretch of time where I was buying a Rig and a Glyan pilot for it every single drop.

Rigs always sold quick, i don't know why they stopped.
>>
File: callgrim.png (1MB, 1280x1907px) Image search: [Google]
callgrim.png
1MB, 1280x1907px
>>6120892
>>6120902
Maybe this year ;-;
>>
>>6120942
Maybe never again
>>
onell drop on 17th. 5 days is better than 2 days notice?
>>
File: Jan17-sneak.gif (699KB, 648x576px) Image search: [Google]
Jan17-sneak.gif
699KB, 648x576px
The reason we're dead is because the lack of community enthusiasm.

No one even posted what the mystery figure looked like after the last drop.

No one's excited enough to post what they got.

>>6123762
Atleasr post the goddamn image
>>
>>6123894
I know, man. Onell feels like its gone all "you just gotta know" any more. They don't hype up for their own drops, they don't post lists at all, no storyline. There's just not spark left any more. Bleh.
>>
>>6123894
I'd have more enthusiasm if it hadn't been super boring these past few drops.
I want another drop like the ZED drop. That was a great time.
>>
Someone post a pic of the mystery figure from last drop
>>
>>6120753
I'd trade zbots with you, what've you got?
>>
>>6120790
They also make small robots that turn into weapons or parts formery robots with ball joints.
>>
File: 1603-osm-onell-gemini2.jpg (161KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1603-osm-onell-gemini2.jpg
161KB, 1050x1400px
>>6125503
This was it. An OSM figure. Honestly, I've been kinda curious about OSM for a while but too turned off by the prices to make the leap. But I'm not all that thrilled that it was THIS particular mold, the faces creep me out.
>>
File: big_CC1027_TrackerSarvos_MLIC.jpg (96KB, 221x225px) Image search: [Google]
big_CC1027_TrackerSarvos_MLIC.jpg
96KB, 221x225px
>>6123762
>>6123894
Just in case people don't bother reading comments, people are thinking that the phrasing of the post (Tracking for Tuesday, 1/17/17) and the color scheme of that gif mean that we might be getting an updated Tracker Sarvos.

I just hope this is a solid wave with good building colors. I'm tired of the homages like everyone else, and honestly, I haven't felt truly excited enough by any of the colorways to buy huge hauls recently. I think the last wave that intensely excited me was the copper plastic with the aqua paint, that shit was sexy.
>>
File: Samus01.jpg (288KB, 864x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Samus01.jpg
288KB, 864x1296px
>>6111257
I just can't get on board with the homages. They seem weirdly lazy to me and whenever I have one, I never feel like I can take it apart and build with it. It's clearly intended to be a completed THING, and I tend to view it as such rather than a set of parts I can build with.

You can accuse me of rose colored glasses if you want, but I kinda miss the days when homage figures meant tracking down colored parts until you could build it yourself. It was really interesting too, cause everyone had their own build ideas--so you could end up seeing five or ten completely different Glyos Optimus Primes.
>>
>>6126891
Tracking down the various color parts you need has gotten much harder as time has gone on.
>>
>>big sale in two days
>>no idea what's for sale like usual

o-ok, I didn't have any plans that night anyways
>>
Hey guys, Tuesday is going to be my first drop, and I was wondering if there are any tips you have?
>>
>>6129406
Be there on time.

Have an idea of what you want/budget
That can be as detailed as

"three brown glyans two red axys joints two blue axys joints and a xratgyab crayboth"

Or as vague as

"A traveller and two joint sets"

Just have some idea.

Also. Familiarize yourself with some of the standard characters/molds.
Know the difference between a glyan, a traveller and Pheyden (who is a traveller).

And again.

Be there on time.

Not as important as it used to be. But the good shit will still move quick.
>>
>>6129406
Don't fear the grasp of buying more than expected, don't feel obligated to buy more than you need
>>
>>6129406

doesnt matter nothin sells out till like an hour later nowgggg
>>
>>6129925
>>6129954
>>6129985
Thanks guys! I actually know a lot of the terminology due to following Glyos since ~2010, but I've never wanted to jump on the actual collecting train until now. Super excited, and hopefully the colors aren't homages again.
>>
>>6130043
Yeah, I'm really hoping/expecting this drop to kick ass!
>>
>>6130043
What's making you jump in now? Is it a particular figure or color or ?!?

Glyos is fucking sweet and I'm praying no homages for 2017!!! Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This drop is overdue to be a legitimate good solid drop. Prepare to crap your pants at all the awesomeness to be revealed on Tuesday.
>>
>>6130623
Someone said in previous post that this might be a Tracker Sarvos wave, and I really like that colorway so here's hoping!
>>
>>6131347
Didn't we just get a Tracker not even a year ago? Not complaining, but hopefully they offer more than just him or figures in that color scheme
>>
>>6131354
Same could be said between Hades 3 and Hades 4
>>
>>6131432
But that was a highly demanded figure a lot of fans missed out on, and was probably like a two year wait between the two? Add onto that it's one of the few characters in Glyos to have any real backstory/holds merit with a lot of longtime fans.
I recall getting my Tracker with relative ease and didn't have to rush anything, and he's just not as iconic as Sulkren, Hades or the classic Phanost(who we really need an update on)
>>
I've been away from Glyos for about 3 years now. Matt doesn't put up a drop list before a drop any more?
>>
>>6131606

No. That would take ten minutes and he just wants you to sit there waiting.
>>
>>6131606
It's probably the most offputting thing about all the drops in recent history. It's honestly kind of shitty. A lot about glyos seems kind of shitty lately.
>>
>>6131606
Matt usually does it the day-of, sometimes only like 20 minutes before the drop.
>>
>>6131659
It used to be like 2-3 days before a drop. Friday before a Monday drop maybe? It was fun to have some time to think about and plan a purchase.
>>
>>6131666
Agreed satan trips.
Plus it made the three or four "surprise" figures more interesting, like when the store loaded just seeing that "Oh shit I need to have it" figure that would change the game plan.
I don't like going in totally blind, it's a part of the reason I haven't been making any purchases among other things. The last thing I bought was the translucent orange Glyclops and the gitd Glyarmor guy.
Plus the whole mystery figure thing where you don't even know what it is but they want you to shell out $14-16, not a fan of that.
>>
>>6131347
Tracker and the black/red colorway is cool, but I will personally be shocked if we see a Tracker Sarvos re-release. I think many people are dumb and have no clue how to decipher Matt's hints.
>>
>>6131757
I'm not dead set on it, mainly just happy to see some non-homage stuff. I mainly say this because the last time I was about to finally jump on the train was the Glyninja homage wave, and kind of put me off.
>>
>>6131792
The Revenge of Shinobi figures?
>>
File: image.jpg (477KB, 1192x1634px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
477KB, 1192x1634px
>>6131605
Updated Phanost you say?
>>
>>6131804
That would be correct.
>>
>>6131678
>Plus the whole mystery figure thing where you don't even know what it is but they want you to shell out $14-16, not a fan of that.
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't that a special one-off deal to celebrate their 60th wave/last drop of 2016? I don't recall Matt doing completely blind releases too many times in the past. Or if he did, they were mostly smaller releases like Crays and stuff.
>>
I have at least 30 Glyos, not counting three Callgrims and some Armovors. After fees, about how much should I walk away with?
>>
>>6132536
Depends on what you have, for a lot of these guys the resell value has went to shit. I've seen many eBay auctions constantly listed over and over not going anywhere, for years some of them.
I'd say your best bet wouldn't be to sell it as one large lot(those tend not to fetch as much), but maybe break it into smaller lots for sale, perhaps selling them based on similar color or if they're from the same wave. You may have more luck that way.
But with how fickle the Glyos community and market has become it's really hard to say an exact amount you can expect.
>>
File: 2013-11-08_11-29-06_859.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-08_11-29-06_859.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>6132560
Thank you, that's very helpful.
>>
File: medittate.jpg (211KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
medittate.jpg
211KB, 1366x768px
>>6132560
>>
>>6132572
Not a problem. And I wasn't trying to imply selling as a large lot doesn't make you much profit, only you can probably do better by selling in smaller more organized lots. You could always try and sell some on here or the BST, I'd just wait til after the drop to list anything.
>>6132578
Que?
>>
File: Neo-Tracker-Unit-USE.png (693KB, 800x543px) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Tracker-Unit-USE.png
693KB, 800x543px
Well. You guys got your wish. And they're looking pretty damn sexy at that.

Check out that beautiful axys joint
>>
>>6132956
Okay I have not been buying much Glyos lately, and I am generally sort of ehh on the increased paint apps, which I think tend to make figures look too busy but--

FUCK THAT'S SEXY

I might end up spending quite a bit here...I know it's unlikely but I hope Matt sells standalone painted/tampoed Axis joints. Black is my primary build color and I'd love to throw a few of these in the mix.
>>
>>6132956
Well, I'm eating crow. Guess I'm buying something after all.
>>
>>6132956
I only have $30 to play with this drop, will that be enough for this guy and something else?
>>
>>6133128
Something small plus shipping, sure
>>
>>6133128
Yeah.. main guy in there will be $12 to 16

That gives you some room for maybe one of the side guys (8-10)
Or some joints (4-6)

Depending on where you live plan for shipping too.
Go to the shop now. Put some things in your cart that will be roughly equivalent to your real order. And Put in your zip to get an idea of what your shipping might be
>>
File: contemplative ryouma.png (750KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
contemplative ryouma.png
750KB, 1024x743px
>1st drop of 2017 isn't an homage to another property
>1st drop of 2017 is a re-hash of an older wave

I'm really not sure how I feel about this.
>>
>>6133436
Yeah, enough homages of other properties and/or homages of previous Glyos. Where is the Sarvos/Phanost/Scar mold? Where is the DT/LSA/Elder Exellis mold? Where are the travelers?
>>
>>6133515
At least give us SOME travleler mold...maybe a new one? New torso, new heads, new limbs, something!!! $8-10 ea. with plenty of accessories to load up on and do what only Glyos can do. Anyone can repaint their shit like a Gremlin...only Glyos can do Sentry Sarvos, axis-armored Pheyden, etc. Come on!!!
>>
>>6133515
>>6133521

>Front and center is a gloriously painted armored Sarvos
>Where are the travellers?
>>
File: Glyan-Tracker-Commando-USE.png (865KB, 670x800px) Image search: [Google]
Glyan-Tracker-Commando-USE.png
865KB, 670x800px
Whine about it being a colorscheme rehash all you want.

That paint job is sexy.
>>
>>6133522
I think he means a new basic traveler body type and a drop heavily geared towards building.
>>
>>6133528
(LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER)
>>
>>6133534
>(LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER)
eh, doesn't really look like something I would armybuild anyway
>>
>>6133539
Glyans are the soldier forces of the Glyos universe, not wanting at least two or three would make a pitiful display
>>
>>6133548
You can have mine that I WON'T be buying.
>>
File: HPIM6713.jpg (882KB, 3218x2221px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM6713.jpg
882KB, 3218x2221px
>>6133548
Eh, the fancier paint on Glyans the less I want to armybuild them.

I got a bunch of old Volkriun (more than in this pic now) and Glyaxia Glyans armybuilt. When they look too fancy I see themm ore as commander/hero units.
>>
For fucks sake just give me a block and extensions. That's all I want, I beg you, Matt. ;-;
>>
>>6133528
>That paint job is sexy.

looks way too busy honestly
>>
Let me ask you guys something, this isn't me trolling, it's a genuine question.
Why do you collect glyos/buy multiple of the same figure just recolored?
I personally have a really small collection. I honestly just can't see the point in owning the same guy over and over just recolored and rarely with a new head sculpt. I get it for the building astethic, but Travelers and Crayboth don't really offer much of that. It's just blue Traveler this wave and red Traveler the next. I sold a bulk of my collection when the october toy forums started going to shit for this reason, I just looked at it and began seeing uneeded excess. As of now I have-
Two Kabuto Mushi(one displayed humanoid one insectoid),
One Sarvos
One basic Traveler and Hades
One Glyarmor guy
Two Skeleden(the kickstarter one and the purple/gunmetal)
Five crayboth
One Buildman
Two Phaseon
Two Glyans
One Callgrim
Then I have a Syclodoc and a Super Crayboth. I just want to know what keeps you coming back for more? At this point I feel like there's no real sense in owning anymore of the same guy recolored, but that's just how I see it. At this point I probably won't make another purchase til there's something I feel is drastically new introduced again like when Skeleden or the Glyarmor guy came out.
>>
>>6133742
>buy multiple of the same figure just recolored?

A common and in my opinion valid reason for this is to use for building parts.

Not everyone who buys Glyos is buying them to display in original figure configuration.
>>
>>6133785
Back when I had a collection of about 100(at least 15 of which were from the latest Glyaxia wave, which I would later regret heavily) I'd build/reconfigure stuff all the time, but it's hard to make a truly unique looking build, it just always looks like big Pheyden, armored Noboto, and if you don't use a pre selected head building a head is a nightmare. And now with them painting parts, build potential is even slimmer.
And their flagship figure has nearly 0 build potential, unless you heavily invest in parts.
I know I'd still enjoy this line far more if they had multiple figures that didn't use the same Pheyden body over and over.
I know Matt would never do it, but if he did a Kickstarter to introduce 5-10 new figures I'd be all over it.
>>
>>6133803
>if you don't use a pre selected head building a head is a nightmare.
I remember Buildman had like 3 parts good for heads. It;s been a long time since they've made Buildmen, huh? I've been away from Glyos for 3 years
>>
>>6133742

Honestly in addition to new color combinations for builds, I have a toy fetish for the same thing in different colors. I'm the kind of person that buys those Pantone Kubrick sets.
>>
>>6133823
>I have a toy fetish for the same thing in different colors.

So does everyone who buys 'designer vinyl'. I know there's a big crossover between that and Glyos collectors but those aren't my kind of thing at all.
>>
>>6133818
Yeah, I think the last Buildman was the gold one about a year, maybe two years ago. Last time Phaseon was around too.
And no Gobons since that bitchin pearl silver wave with Hades III in it.
>>6133823
See, for a bit over four years I was the same way. Maybe it was moving about a year ago, but undoing my Glyos shelf it kinda hit me "why do I need Pheyden in 10 different colors?"
I tried justifying it with "well they're different characters cause they're from different timelines" but all I saw was a needless versicolor of the same thing.
>>
File: k-rider.jpg (69KB, 386x455px) Image search: [Google]
k-rider.jpg
69KB, 386x455px
>>6133528
reminds me of a kamen rider.
>>
>>6133833
>Phaseon
Another figure great for building. I miss the days of Glyos being more build-centric.
>>
>>6133528
That grey paint on that crotch looks rather thick and gloppy. This is unusual, usually their paint apps are so smooth.
>>
>>6133742
I mostly buy for building, so the "owning the same guy over and over" aspect doesn't bother me.

But recently, there hasn't been a really good build-friendly wave. So my purchases have been very limited. I mostly just cherrypick one or two good looking display figures and that's it. Display figures either get put on my desk or fiddled with on my nightstand.
>>
I wasn't going to buy anything, but I was intrigued by the mystery figure.
>>
>>tons of expensive painted stuff
>>$20 pizzaman although brown does look good
>>that clear green that glyos is obsessed with for some reason

at least I will save some money
>>
File: 017201722917.jpg (146KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
017201722917.jpg
146KB, 540x960px
Man, I like this stuff but... I just feel so uninterested. I don't know. Just not feeling it I guess. I have the last tracker stuff and honestly I prefer the colored pvc over all these painted parts. I want them because the colors are nice, but eh.

I'll come back the next time there's a building-based drop.
>>
>>6134127
>next time there's a building-based drop.
...I don't think that will ever happen again.
>>
File: 9262016165138.jpg (572KB, 1280x1084px) Image search: [Google]
9262016165138.jpg
572KB, 1280x1084px
>>6134135
Then I'll save some money :/

Tbqh though I actually really enjoyed the TMNT drop so maybe I'm a hypocrite.
>>
>>6134135
TGB has done a few recently and they've been awesome!!
>>
Went ahead and grabbed a green pizza dude and some axis joints. I think it'll look good with the GITD Bio-Master stuff.
>>
What was the name of the mystery figure? Sounded like a spin on Pheydens name
>>
>>6134329
Pheytron
>>
>>6134329
>>6134376
I ordered one of those, hopefully it's not shit.
If it is I'll either shill it off here or raffle the fucker.
>>
>>6134396
It's another shitty Outer Space Man figure
>>
>>6134432
>>6134376
>>6134329
If it's another OSM, my best guess is it will be a Pheyden-colored Gamma-X. Y'know, cause the mystery image said Pheytron X. If this does turn out to be true, I'm ok with it, since Gamma-X is the OSM mold I was most curious about. I kinda dig that clear armor shell.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Mattel sure makes a lot of glyos compatible stuff
>>
>>6134396
>>6134432
>>6134610
Pheyden colored Electron+
>>
>>6134859
Hmm. Why do you think it would be Electron+ instead of Gamma-X? I mean, given that the figure was called "Pheytron-X" and not "Pheytron+."

I hope it's not Electron+, as he is somewhat ugly and not as interesting to me as Gamma-X.
>>
>>6134866
It was just called Pheytron - the "X" was the placeholder picture. Check your receipt.
>>
I think....I might have an idea.

Today I was thinking about what I missed most about Glyos. Some of the most fun I had was buying random mishmash lots on eBay or handfuls of parts on OctoberToys. The mystery of what you'd get, the fun of picking through the parts and being able to add to my custom builds, etc. I have built up sort of a sizeable Glyos collection over the years, and even have some relatively rare and/or old parts and figures in it. I have been thinking about selling it lately since I need the cash and don't play with them much anymore. If I do, I might break them all up and do a handful-style sale--maybe it'll bring back some of that excitement for y'all. I'll think it over I guess.
>>
>>6134869
Oh, I guess you're right. Fuck. What a bummer. I don't mind getting into OSM, but they keep running the molds that I personally find the ugliest of the bunch. I would love a Colossus Rex, or a Horrorscope, or a Gamma-X as a surprise release.
>>
>>6134135
When they were doing only build-based drops, people complained that they missed paint and panel lines, and everyone said those days are in the past, paint's not coming back. Now that it's back, unpainted Glyos is gone forever, never to return.
>>
>>6134874
I'm guessing Matt's doing the ones now that Gary isn't. Eventually it will come around.
>>
>>6134876
The best drops were the ones with like 1 or two painted, named figures, then some color swapped pairs of builder figures. It's an easy middle ground to hit.
>>
New armored thing isn't pizza man.

Pizza mans have hips.

If anyone got one please post a parts breakdown when it arrives.

Also. The mystery figure and freebies.

It was always fun showing off the stuff you got. Lack of that is why this thread has been dying.
>>
>>6134916
>New armored thing isn't pizza man.
It is a pizza man - it's an armor set like the Skeleden armor that replaces the head, legs and forearms and has attachable pieces.
>>
>>6134920
I see what you're getting at but the pizza men have hips. Which this it seems doesn't. Which means that the base body under all that stuff isn't just a normal pizzaman
>>
>>6134931
No, they showed these on instagram. It's a pizzaman base body.
>>
>>6134931
What are you talking about? I can see the hip joints quite visibly.
>>
>>6134931
I have a Vector Jump figure, and it has hips. The body and thighs are the pizza man parts.
>>
File: moredudes.png (450KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
moredudes.png
450KB, 600x427px
>>6111117
I don't wanna rap on the guys that purely collect, but I've always hated that mentality and feel it's responsible for my own loss of interest over the past few years. I always liked to build with the stuff and come up with neat and interesting builds, but ever since Matt and co. stopped releasing larger varieties of parts in the same color, and some altogether (hub sets anyone?), I haven't had a good opportunity to make some cool shit. That paired with the less-than-ideal amount of lead-time causes me to miss most drops. I think I've seen like 2 big drops in the past year with a large part selection in interesting colors, but missed them because they're announced like 2 days beforehand and I don't check the blog every day. Maybe that's my fault, but honestly I don't feel interested enough to check as often anymore.

Smaller drops with a few specially-painted figures and 1 or 2 accessory sets are cool for collectors, but I like my part variety too much to become invested in buying stuff that I'm never gonna build with, so I just don't. Eh, to each their own.
>>
>>6133892
>>6134119
>>6134127
>>6134135

The sad thing is that this drop WAS a "big" building based drop. When was the last time we got all 4 accessory sets in the same color in a drop, plus 5 figures?? I missed the shit out of hubs and DSGs, this is the first drop I spent a lot on in a while.. and even then it sucks knowing that I have a half assed painted figure with a bunch of random black parts. Getting away from color swaps and simple detail lines was a mistake. I feel like every evolution of glyos is worse than the last. Going to paintless figures was terrible, but going back to expensive painted figures is even worse because they aren't painting them the one way that anyone likes- with detail lines. So instead now even in a building wave I have this weird bullshit where I have to just deal with a bunch of parts that are painted black for no reason. And this is my reaction to a wave I genuinely like more than anything in the last 7 months and spent several hundred on.
>>
>drop tuesday
>doesn't start labeling boxes until saturday

This is just one of the reasons why I'm tired of Matt's shit. Callgrim ordered the same night and I had it in had yesterday morning. Callgrim posted something new when?
>>
>>6140161
Callgrim is also dead as a doornail. Their last drop was in fucking 2015, for chrissakes. Your order is probably the only one Jesse got this week. Maybe even this month. Compare that to Matt having to separate, pack, label, and ship out dozens of orders. I used to run an eBay store, and I know this can take waaaaay longer than you'd expect. You're comparing apples and oranges here.
>>
>>6140161
Lol there's plenty of things to improve with glyos but shipping is not one of them. Oh wow it might be a full week from order to you seeing your package. Not every item in existence can be had through Amazon prime you ADD motherfucker
>>
Shipping notice!!!
>>
Ya'know, these "Thank you posts" are kinda self-masturbatory. I miss when we got lore as well, that actually filled out more info about the drop
>>
>>6141968
Ehh, yeah, I miss the lore too, but whatever, let him say thank you, it's not hurting anyone. At least they're usually not totally useless posts, they either tell us packages have been shipped out, or mark some big milestone, or contain some funny little story from Matt's youth or something.

On a side note, does anyone have a tan Roboforce figure they'd sell me? From a couple drops ago, the ones with the orange and black paint apps.
>>
>>6141982
Esedeth Mobile Patrol Elite. Good luck, when Matt showed them off as vehicle support it made them quick sellers both EMP rounds.
>>
>>6141968
if you want to talk circle jerk, look at that hype train on the forum of everyone saying shipping notice
>>
>>6142845
That used to be us.

God forbid we have any excitement anymore.
>>
Shit!!!!!!

If this Pheytron is what I think it is, this might be one of Matt's best!!!!
>>
So how do these arms work? I figured out the legs but I can't figure out the arms at all because of the angle of the photo and the clear plastic.

Could anyone who knows take a quick pic for me?
>>
>>6143638
Holy shit does that thing look awesome. I thought it was going to be a Pheyden-colored Electron+, boy was I wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
rate my glyos compatibility. This is also some mega bloks and hagen no zista in there
>>
>>6143638
>>6143802
If Matt's going to do Adventure People homages, I'm going to go broke.
>>
>>6143679
I don't own glyarmor but I'm thinking that they swap out the usual Noboto forearms with the Noboto thighs.
>>
>>6143804
M A D M A N /10
>>
>>6143804
Is that a tiny Chemo figure? What line is that from?
>>
File: d758296bd3f9a789f4370cd7d9a8f4bf.jpg (260KB, 1559x1600px) Image search: [Google]
d758296bd3f9a789f4370cd7d9a8f4bf.jpg
260KB, 1559x1600px
>>6143812
Oh shit is that what it is? I'm too young to know this kind of thing honestly.

I'm fine with homages like this really since they're so obscure. Stuff like Star Wars and TMNT is a bit obnoxious but the foot ninja Glyninja and Bebop and Rocksteady were great though.
>>
File: February-Sneak-2-WEB-ALT.png (533KB, 650x462px) Image search: [Google]
February-Sneak-2-WEB-ALT.png
533KB, 650x462px
>>6143638
>>6143802
>>6143812
Oooooh my god. I was ready to be disappointed by another OSM figure, but shit shit shit I am so happy I bought a Pheytron now.

Also, Matt definitely loves Adventure People and has homaged them in the past, with releases and custom builds. I would love to see more of this...it would be a good direction for Glyos in 2017. You know what I would absolutely KILL for? A wave inspired by Lego's Ice Planet. Black, white, blue, and translucent orange....
>>
>>6143848
That's what the forums say...it's a Pheyden painted up in these colors. It reportedly has like 8 tampos!!!
>>
>>6143853
>A wave inspired by Lego's Ice Planet. Black, white, blue, and translucent orange....
I'd be all over that colorscheme. That's how you homage, with a colorway applied to a wave's parts instead of painting specific character figures.
>>
>>6143855
It does. I have it with me now. It's really cool and I thought it was just some original idea Matt came up with.
>>
Y'know, I was just Googling Glyarmor to check the parts listing, and I saw a lot of awesome builds and combinations. It made me realize that a lot of colors that made me go "meh" at drop time actually look really fucking cool when you start building with them, or combining them with older colorways. I need to think more like that with upcoming waves...there is a lot now that I regret passing on.

I am kinda feeling the stirrings deep within me...my love for Glyos rekindling. I think I'm getting excited about it again.
>>
>>6143860
Would you mind posting a picture or two? I won't be able to pick mine up for at least another week!

Also, it is just a basic Pheyden? Any extra heads or accessories like scarves?
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 640x739px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 640x739px
>>6143845
Mighty minis. Its also glyos compatible
>>
File: IMG_0839.jpg (991KB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0839.jpg
991KB, 2250x3000px
>>6143866
It's not a good pic but here you go anon. It only came with the scarf.
>>
>>6143918
Sick
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 960x641px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 960x641px
It's probably one of my fav Pheydens. It looks like people overlooked it cause it was just a graphic in the middle of the page. It didn't sell out til after the first hour was up and limits were lifted
>>
>>6143939
Damn. That is sick.

Could someone do a breakdown of the new pizza men?
>>
>>6143918
Oh man, so cool. Two things:

1. Are there any tampos or paint details on the back? If so, can I get a photo?

2. Can I get a photo from the side so I can see the glove and shoulder tampos?

Thanks in advance anon, if you are able to do it that is!
>>
>>6143972
This request also goes out to >>6143939, if that is your photo that is! Sorry, I just sorta assumed it wasn't cause watermarked photos usually have been just snagged off Google or Flickr or something.
>>
>>6143939

Based on the graphic and the clear green figures in this drop I figured it would be some shitty translucent sparkle blue and passed.
>>
>>6143997
I usually go in for secret figures no matter what. It's better than missing out on something dope, and if I hate it, I can usually find someone else who wants it.
>>
I was kinda hoping the crayboth I got with it would be in the same colorway but thats okay.

The Pheytron is real nice.
>>
if toy break just fucking linked shit in their videos instead of forcing people to watch their hour long unboxings would they have gained more traction? Also is Aileen a tranny?
>>
>>6143939
I'm really glad I added this fucker to my cart. Initially I was only gonna get Tracker. I actually like him more than Tracker for some reason, just a really nice clean figure.
>>
>>6144470
I dunno but I think shes cute
>>
>>6144470
Na, they still have really low view counts. Aileen is kinda cute and kinda a cunt at the same time.
>>
>>6144531
>>6144544
she's cute if you're a virgin or have never banged anyone that's over a 5/10
>>
File: glyosshit.jpg (60KB, 847x529px) Image search: [Google]
glyosshit.jpg
60KB, 847x529px
Figured I'd try and shill these guys out to you all before I go to eBay.
Gunmetal Callgrim- $16
Glyaxia Glyan&Noboto(paired together)- $15
Purple Outlander- $13
Sulkren Sarvos w/phase arm- $18
Elite Sentry Sarvos- $30
Hordak Kabuto Mushi- $18
Skeleden- $15
Hades Pheyden- $18
Skeltal Super Crayboth- $25
Or will sell the whole lot for $100
If anyone wants any additional pics just hit me up. [email protected]
>>
OT posted they're closing shop for good
>>
>>6144770
Wow, I'm surprisingly really sad about this. I really used to love hanging out on their forums and met a lot of good people there. The writing was on the wall since the forum "closed," but it's still sad to see it definitively go down.
>>
>>6144770
>>6144869
George and Ayleen got divorced, it's no surprise their company went away.
>>
>>6145351
Damn!! The most I feel from that is we'll never get more Skeleton Warriors. They must have been taking cues from the 4...er 3 Neckbeards Power Lords line.
>>
>>6145351
Oh, seriously? That's a real shame. I met them at Designercon once and they were just the nicest people. I hope things go well for them both, wherever they end up.
>>
>>6145413
They're both with new people, and each doing their thing with new ventures. Looks like Ayleen's keeping Toy Break and is going to relaunch in March, plus she's got 2 LA-based cons she's running. George rebranded his sculpting business and is doing a podcast and a Youtube thing.
>>
>>6145492
That's nice. Considering they started Designercon together, I wonder if it'll keep going, and I wonder if they'll still helm it together. Especially glad now that I made the trip out to see them on the Glyos panel with Matt.
>>
>>6145517
I'm not sure that they run DCon anymore, but regardless, there is a DCon scheduled for 2017.
>>
>after 10 years and 400 videos none of their videos ever broke more than a thousand views yet they have 10,000 videos

If they actually linked all the toy stores and bothered to name what they reviewed in the channel would they have still be together?
>>
>>6145596
Subscribers*
>>
I got my shipment, had a random little solid orange Crayboth, neat
>>
File: IMG_20170124_201319.jpg (725KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_201319.jpg
725KB, 2016x1512px
I'm digging the earth/desert tones, I made a bird warrior dude with some of my haul
>>
>>6146543
>>
>>6146548
>>
>>6146551
it walks like a hot chick haha
>>
File: IMG_20170124_200913.jpg (674KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_200913.jpg
674KB, 2016x1512px
>>6146554
>hot chick
>desert bird

I see what you did there
>>
>>6146543
>>>6146548
>>>
>>6146548
>>6146551
>>6146568
The silver Matt used is really nice.
>>
>>6146665
Yeah, I concur...it's the same silver he used on that translucent orange Armorvor. It's so nice and shiny, I wish he used it more often.
>>
File: IMG_2123.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2123.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
Kek
>>
>>6144470
Biggest problem? George is the only one that really added value. Since Ayleen found a new "fake" George that is a complete idiot that adds no value the show rests squarely on her and she's just not carrying it. George started up a new show with some other knowledgeable people and that will carry on and be the landing place for the old Toy Break crowd as it's actually informative.

TL;DR...no one wants to watch Ayleen and "fake George" open up Lego calendars and talk about drinking.
>>
>>6144869
Fuck Ayleen. No one cares about her dumb Lego calendars. She has left a path of destruction. Unless maybe George cheated on her. He was basically making fun of her even with her mom on the show for the last few Toy Break episodes they did together.

George might suck, but her "fake George" is pathetic.
>>
>>6145596
No way. They certainly didn't get divorced over how many views Toy Break gets. It was a damn good show with lots of interesting tidbits.

Somebody screwed the other one over. So, now George has a different girl and makes fun of Ayleen and Ayleen has "fake George". They're so much better together, but we don't know what happened. It's PROBABLY George's fault, but Ayleen should've just done whatever to work through it rather than have to resort to "fake George".
>>
>>6147919
That figure seriously sucks. Like, one of the dumbest figures ever made. It looks cool from afar, but it is an absolute dogshit bootleg horrible figure.

The parts suck and fall off randomly. People have been having the chest armor break. Articulation is extremely limited, like worse than something Sucklord would make. No build potential and no swappability potential. It can just pretty much stand there and look dumb.

As you look close up at it you realize how poor the whole figure design is. This is the biggest waste of $20 in Glyos history. So, it's exactly what we thought it was...every bit as dumb as KotS has always been. Matt should've never allowed them to use the Glyos system. Their product would be better off without it and we would've never been exposed to this pure crap!
>>
>>6147919
You know it's bad when some of the strongest Glyos supporters are trashing it over on the forum.
>>
>>6148194
Really? Link? I love shit like that.
>>
>>6147976

Yeah it would be awesome with like symmetrical arms and separate hands at least. And if it had sculpted pants or something besides a pizzadude body.
>>
>>6148210
Check the thread in Glyos Connection, it's like one guy said something bad, then they all started in how they didn't like it. Sadly Matt is too nice to reject anyone's shit ideas they want to bring to his line.
>>
>>6148272
I don't know what they expected. The Knights have been around for at least a year and it's pretty easy to see how they break down
>>
>>6147976
>>6148272
>Matt should've never allowed them to use the Glyos system
It sucks that it was a bad figure, but I disagree with this mindset. I love that Matt is really kind and open with his joint system, it's really refreshing and allows the little guys to get their start into the world of toymaking. Okay, so KOTS isn't my favorite, but remember, if Matt hadn't opened up his joint system to the public we wouldn't have the likes of Callgrim or Kabuto Mushis either.

It's regrettable to hear about the breakages and looseness with the Vector Jump figures though. I didn't buy because I was too poor, but I definitely thought they looked cool.
>>
>>6147976
>Matt should've never allowed them to use the Glyos system.

Yeah honestly the shittyness of the Toypizza brand really brings down the Glyos name as a whole.
>>
>>6149312
You saved yourself money by not buying. Yes, the pics seem cool, but in person this figure is absolute pure shit.
>>
>>6111117
don't kid yourself OP. glyos was always for hipsters

>novelty pencil erasers: the toyline
>>
>>6147974
I'm curious why George is getting thrown under the bus here. I only know them sort of tangentially but I'm pretty confident she is responsible for the split. Not many of their friends were surprised by it. The only thing that surprised me was that she wound up with "fake George" and not some other dude she was suspiciously close to.
As far as Dcon, that was someone else's vinyl con originally that she just helped expand, so it should be fine now that she's gone. I'm wondering how much overlap there will be with CurioCon though.
>>
>>6147919
I kinda want the pink one. And its glyos compatible so it would be better with actual glyos joints replaced
>>
do you guys like toy pizza and their funny videos? Jesses instagram depresses me soemtimes..
>>
>>6153787
It's shit.
>>
>>6153778
George isn't getting thrown under the bus. His biggest sin is not doing Lego calendars with Ayleen.
>>
>>6153834
Was referring to
>It's PROBABLY George's fault
>>
File: 0292017104949.jpg (111KB, 670x960px) Image search: [Google]
0292017104949.jpg
111KB, 670x960px
I've pretty much given up on onell, and I have enough kabutos already to last me the rest of my life, but at least battle tribes is pumping out some cool shit. They're probably the only line I still care about.
>>
>>6154201
At least Spy Monkey Creations knew when to stop WoM after some of their lines completely stop selling at all
>>
>>6154336
Is BT still selling as well as it first did? I have seen some people complaining that they're knocking out too many colors already.
>>
File: 1485731923059.jpg (210KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1485731923059.jpg
210KB, 1500x1500px
While I appreciate their willingness to make fun new paint apps, I don't know if I'm feeling these Thundercats figures. I'm definitely getting one of the silver ups, though. Maybe even two for the weapons.
>>
>>6154201
This is the fundamental problem with glyos as a toyline. It's too small to ever build an audience. The parts library is pretty fantastic for a building toyline but there is no access to it. There are tons of useful parts and cool pieces that will never get released again. Some that quite literally were barely ever released at all. A single figure released 100 times in different colors is boring. In the past 6 or 7 years glyos really expanded and then contracted, but it's only recently that we can really get a feel for how it has all shaken out.

Its a toyline thats too small and released in too limited quantities to be effective as a building toyline. If I can't have access to parts and figures I want then why be a part of it? I've spent 10s of thousands on glyos for 7 years, am willing to bet that I have one of the top 10 largest collections of glyos in the fandom, and at this point face nothing but frustrations with the line. It shouldn't be hard for me to track down 2 or 3 of a figure or a part, and yet it's literally impossible for many things.

Something comes out and you make an order. Maybe you like it, maybe you're slightly disappointed, maybe you absolutely love it. Regardless, no matter what with little exception, by the time you have what you ordered you no longer have access to more. If another figure comes out a month or a year later that would have gone great with something earlier, you can't get it. I went through a period of time where I was dropping $300-$500 minimum on each drop just to try and get a bunch of stuff to see if I liked it because I knew if I only got a few things and loved them I'd never have a chance to get anything else again. It has all the appeal of a lego type line but none of the ease of buying and expanding.
>>
>>6155508
So now that the building aspect is mostly dead we're faced with a bunch of lame ass homage releases. Some new companies come and go with their one or two figures, they release 30 colors in a year and everyone gets burnt out because it matches nothing they own because they didn't buy the last guys stuff because that matched nothing they owned etc etc etc. And then after there's a shade or two of each primary color it's on to the painted homages. Man, I hope the market for figures that aren't sculpted like thundercats but are painted exactly like thundercats is huge.
>>
File: 03020179930.jpg (140KB, 563x800px) Image search: [Google]
03020179930.jpg
140KB, 563x800px
>>6155513
At BTs come with plenty of head options that look good as non-thundercat figures.

I agree with everything in your post though. If they pushed Glyos hard I could honestly see them getting into toy stores and being hit, but they apparently /want/ to be a hard to collect indy business.. So whatever floats their boat I guess.
>>
>>6155513
>Man, I hope the market for figures that aren't sculpted like thundercats but are painted exactly like thundercats is huge.
Beyond tiny. They limp on harder than MotUC at the end with Mattel.
>>
>>6155508
I'm OP of this thread and you really hit well on a lot of points, a lot of reasons for why Glyos went wrong.

I didn't spend tens of thousands but I did probably put about $800 or so into Glyos between 2009 and 2012. A time period where new building part-heavy figures/part sets from the buildman to the axis joints to the glyan to the swing joints to the rigs to the blocks just kept getting released one after the other and I was like 'man, Matt is such a genius, this will never stop!'

It did stop, or at least really slow down a whole lot. I stepped away from toy collecting in general for three years and was very disappointed to see where Glyos had went while I was gone. I used to be so into these things that I'd sketch drawings of and try to sculpt up new piece ideas in my own spare minutes at work. Those feelings are gone now, why try to create new toys when everyone's making things like imitation Thunder Cats?
>>
>>6155874
In Spy Monkeys defense, I don't think Battle Tribes was ever meant to be a building line. It's very much a line of stand alone action figures with a vintage feel, so stuff like Heman and Thundercats homages make a little more sense.

Onell has no excuse though, they're wasting all the potential of great building toy on nonsense homages. One or two is fine, a homage drop once in a blue moon. Skeletor Skeledon? Sure that makes sense. A drop of just TMNT? Eh, they still have a pretty big fan base so maybe, it actually kind of works. A drop of TMNT, Gremlins, and more? Wtf. At least we're not seeing much of that this year so far. I just wish it'd go back to color swaps instead of being so paint heavy.
>>
>>6155508
You are correct, but there's really no way for it to go any differently given the way Onell works. They can only afford to order so much stock at once. And as for re-running popular stuff, I believe Matt has said he wants to forge on and do new stuff instead of rehashing forever (though he has done some Mk.II type stuff of popular colors).

My main question is, is there even an impetus for change? No matter how much we bitch and moan about homages, that stuff DOES still sell out (albeit sometimes taking a while). As long as there are people who are still buying, do they have any reason to change what they're doing?

Matt is a reasonable guy, and he of course has the power to dictate what gets run. If someone brought this up to him and explained the situation politely, he might try catering to what we want too. Namely, the return of build-based drops with a lot of the molds running at once.
>>
>>6155924
I think the real issue is that no, it doesn't sell out. Drops used to be bigger, more often, and more all in build out balls out balls to the wall huge. They kept expanding and expanding the size and frequency of the drops(remember the once a month drops with a huge- moderate- huge- small- moderate rotation?) and then stuff started to pile up. They don't order nearly as much as they were a few years ago. Even this recent drop was the closest thing to a builders drop we've had in a while, and there's still lots of stuff in the store. I can't be more sad that the first run of DSGs in who knows how long is a dud, I love their look and hubsets are super useful.

Despite new awesome things like bio masters and galaxxor the line still feels very much dead, I know it's a meme but so much of the imagination and drive seems gone.

At this point I don't know really what could be done. It feels so easy and yet so hard, like would it really kill them to put up a list, tease some more photos, and do some more drops with vinyl and more variety of molds? IMO the most perfect drops are the ones with two factions, so 2-3 colors, some vinyl, and boom. You literally have a whole toyline that you can pick up for (at the time) a little over $100. Now it would be $200 but still.
>>
It also sucks that there hasn't been new mainline stuff in a long, long while. Vinyl is dead, a quarterly special appearance, while new molded figures and build parts are replaced by a new head and some snap on parts. Plus a lot of these new heads are baffling, why give the armorvor a shitty granthan head when there was a perfect and awesome one waiting in the wings? The new noboto heads are a dud as well, the ninja heads are meh, the only refurbished head that's been really awesome was the buildman update. And that didn't replace any parts! Skeleden was pretty cool but personally the glyarmor does very little for me, I kind of hate how they doubled up on the shin/arm pieces and it's all pretty bland for a "techy space armor" as was intended. I guess it's my own fault for imagining things but I was picturing something more like boba fett armor with gadgets on the wrists when it was teased and then just got a fat sarvos. I'm rambling here but fuck. Just give me good stuff again. It's crazy how easily great this toyline can be but how odd it seems to be run the past few years.
>>
>>6155896
what's worse is the homages they don't have permission to do are pretty strong, yet they buy up Robo Force and make the new toys look barely 5% like the originals.
>>
>>6156744
Yes, the new heads are pretty much all crap. That buildman head is fine, but you're right...not on the buildman mold. I believe it replaced the Govie head on the axis joint mold.

I have to assume Matt is busy enough and/or preoccupied with getting everyone else's shit produced in China. But, yeah...I'd love to see him do something new. Glyarmor is fairly lame and now we have to pay $14 to get an &8 Pheyden.

Skeleden was pretty decent, but that was 50% George on the sculpting and pretty much 100% George as for the reason it was made.

I have no idea if we don't see Skeleden any more because Matt already ran it in a billion colors or because of the George/Ayleen split making it weird to keep running? I can't really figure out why Matt does/doesn't run certain things anyhow. Like, where is the damn traveler extra set containing Sarvos body w/Sarvos/Scar/Phanost heads? Did something happen to that mold? We seem to only get Pheydens w/Glyarmor anymore now. I think Matt tried to make us accept Elder Exellis and Neo Sarvos by refusing to run those older traveler bodies. Weird.

The Neo Granthan has been run in enough colors that I'm kinda hoping we get a new Armorvor head whenever Matt decides to run them next. But...where is the rerun of the purple metallic Varteryx? Just another in the long line of Matt "promises" to run more after a quick sellout of a popular figure that he really never intends to get back around to. And why does he keep talking about a plan for Govie heads he has stockpiled? How many years will he talk about that before we just understand they will stay in his attic?
>>
>>6157007
>where is the damn traveler extra set containing Sarvos body w/Sarvos/Scar/Phanost heads?

Those used to last FOREVER in the store, always the last thing to sell. That's probably why he doesn't run those.
>>
File: 01_MAXXSTEELE.jpg (439KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
01_MAXXSTEELE.jpg
439KB, 1066x1600px
>>6155924
>Matt is a reasonable guy, and he of course has the power to dictate what gets run. If someone brought this up to him and explained the situation politely, he might try catering to what we want too. Namely, the return of build-based drops with a lot of the molds running at once.
By all means, get with some of the non-indie mods like kranix and make an approach. kranix said there would be a poll about asking whether people want lists to come back and so forth. These ideas should be put forth publicly to show some of us want to see a change or at least be heard about it.

>>6156787
>what's worse is the homages they don't have permission to do are pretty strong, yet they buy up Robo Force and make the new toys look barely 5% like the originals.
I noticed the wikia has some history posted up now about RoboForce.
>http://glyos.wikia.com/wiki/Maxx_Zero
Part of it seems to be Matt wanting an excuse to start parting out his Trapping Rigs and to hide vehicle builds into the kit. Treads might have a request from Kent, but the earliest jerzydrozd art used the original suction bottoms.
>>
>>6157027
Hey, just run the parts and sell a Sarvos/Phanost fig once in a while!!!
>>
DESU I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one with frustrations.
>>
Add it to the pile: The lack of fuckhuge army displays pics before a drop! The lack of lists and pics beforehand, especially those with a bunch of figures interacting (in a vinyl environment!) were awesome and made me go, "shit, I want to buy as many of these guys as I can and make my own display!"

Now this latest drop there is not a single photo of the black and tan guys, tailor made for army building, and people wonder why they are sitting in the store. There's a trend to more and more tight closeups and single figure pics. This is useless and lame. If you want me to buy something show me something cool. I also miss the alternate builds and massive constructs that would be posted. Is Matt just over glyos or what?? Obviously he still makes them and it's his life but I just don't feel the enthusiasm via the blog anymore, its like yes you can buy them but there's no sign of him enjoying them as toys himself these days.

And if their own creator doesn't like them then why should I?
>>
>>6157396
we're lucky if we see a group shot anymore. i hear ya about wanting to see some of those contained builds and scaled battles between the releases.
>>
>>6158389
Weird, we got a kinda group shot today and a little piece of lore with it
>>
>>6160218
Some lore and they changed the pixel logo guys for the leftover figs. its so half assed, like oh, these guys didn't sell? well now i'll post a pic and change the site for them.
>>
Quite a few folks on the onell forum say those Knights figures armor won't break and will fit if you warm them up (probably dip them in some warm water). Basically, warm them up to give the armor some flex so you can safely remove the torso armor and to have the shoulder armor fit snugly. Folks think it might be due to the buyer's climate. Cold places the armor sucks, warm places the armor works properly.

And love them or hate them, they just had another drop for that figure today and it sold out once again.
>>
Thats because it looks cool in pics and not everyone has one yet. In hand they are shit, but still miles better than the regular pizza man. If their next mold is equally as much of a jump up in ambition and quality then two or three figs down the line they might put out a toy that isn't complete trash.
>>
>>6160508
the vector jump are popular to the 100 or so buyers they have every month. i say 100 because that's the rough estimate of how many of the new vector they offered today. the clear knight was suppose to be a couple of hundred with a one per order rule.
>>
People must really want these Vector figures. I bought the two from Onell just to see how they were. Said on the glyos forums that I bought them and already I got friends and randoms asking me if I'll sell them mine. I haven't even opened them yet. Fuck.
>>
I literally bought the last brown axis set they had... Would anyone here be willing to part with an axis set or two for the right price? One just isn't enough for my builds
>>
>>6161254
Absolutely. I have 3 brown axis sets from last drop, you can have all of them shipped to you anywhere in the 48 US for $80.
>>
>>6161352
$80? I don't need them that badly senpai. I'd give you at most 30 for the 3, anything more is scalper tier pricing. I bet you have a galaxy phase pizza man you can sell me for $150 too, right? Gimme a break
>>
I'm reading through all these posts here and I know the general feeling of this thread is disappointment for a multitude of reasons along with dread that Glyos is doing poorly, but how can that be so when they keep selling out of almost each new item and the hated newcomer pizza knights sell out of everything within an hour?

I know we're saying "oh knights only sold out cause they made 100 and not 1000. Big deal. Some success." But wasn't glyos the same way when it began? Small production numbers selling out? So maybe we're too quick to judge and say the line is doing poorly. Maybe instead of failing, it's just going back to its roots and being more exclusive and word-of-mouth again. To me, it only seems Glyos ramped up when it was featured more on YouTube by guys like Vangelus and videos of Matt (interviews, wrestling, etc.). That's when I began to notice huge drops happening.

So maybe if we want huge drops again that Matt and co. can financially justify producing, it is up to us to make people more aware of Glyos and more mainstream. Otherwise we won't see huge drops ever again nor the chance of seeing Glyos finally sold at retailers.
>>
>>6161352
Does that come with free lube for when you fuck the buyer over?
>>
>>6161449
Super low runs of everything combined with reusing the same model over & over with no hope of a change in the future. Kabuto has become old hat. Knights are hispter things which will die down. Battle Tribes already died down. Robo Force orders higher because they want stock options for awhile for late comers. Onell does sell out, but no one knows their numbers and they have always had the biggest push of everyone considering they started this whole thing. WoM is dead. Outlander is dead. Banimon is once a year, basically dead. Callgrim is dead. Bio Masters are still shipping preorders? I don't know, it's been a few weeks and they were suppose to open after shipments were done.
>>
>>6161996
>No one knows their numbers
As of this moment there are 8 "glyan tracker commandos"
And 22 "Qualleran Galaxy Phase"
In the shop

Just for an example.

Sure it's not as easy as it once was, but we could still get an idea
>>
>>6162353
As long as someone remember to check when the drop starts, yes we could.
>>
http://bio-mastersdesign.com/shop/

It's open, have at it
>>
>>6157047
How do we get in touch with this Kranix? I mean, it seems like /toy/ has been sorta complaining about the direction of Glyos for a while now...maybe it's time to put our money where our mouth is and communicate our desires to the big guy, no?
>>
>>6162610
Shit, these are actually some amazing colorways. It's regrettable that the standard and GITD are already sold out. The ooze one is kinda cool too, but I don't know how I feel about this mold in general. I kinda would want it in a matching color to some of my Kabuto Mushis, cause it seems like the parts would mesh well.
>>
>>6162657
They had some right when it opened, I was able to get some of each... I wish the part packs had some paint though
>>
>>6162707
>I wish the part packs had some paint though
That's why I skipped those the first time. $5 for 1/3rd a set with no paint or just pay the full price which includes the main body and paint. No brainer
>>
>>6162727
Yeah, I'd rather they have more full figures to just buy like that sold out glow. Who the hell wants only some of the parts? This is WOM all over again!
>>
>>6162768

I could see some people wanting just a few parts to make mutant Mushis and Callgrims and such. I grabbed extra limbs to go with the base sets. What was wrong with WoM?
>>
>>6162657
>http://bio-mastersdesign.com/shop/
>>6162707
>>6162772

Man fuck the part packs I want them to just sell those cool spheres
>>
>>6162657
>Kabuto Mushi

I think Kabuto are the best self-contained Glyos figure in terms of build variety. I'd love some matching Bio-Kabuto, but the GitD and slime make for great mutated/parasite limbs. Now we need some Infection Red.
>>
>>6162822
>I'd love some matching Bio-Kabuto
You weren't around in December? TGB offered exactly that. Kabuto, Bio, Axis, and Scarf for massive build options.
>>
>>6162846

Oh yeah. I wasn't feeling the green and orange.
>>
>>6161418
>>6161451

Listen dipshits, I didn't buy them just so I can be a store for some asshat later. The words used were "FOR THE RIGHT PRICE" and for me my figures not having movement costs $80.

I was gonna say if you want more axis joints, be there at the drop, but then this just goes back to what someone said earlier. It shouldn't be this hard to get more parts but it is.
>>
>>6161996
Keyword being super low runs. They are doing bare minimums these days across the board with a handful of figures that Matt thinks will be successful getting run in slightly larger but still smaller than they used to be figures.

But god forbid we rerun that purple and silver phanost that sold out in 30 seconds, right.
>>
>>6163060
Honestly I think the figures would move if he had enough matching swing and axis joints to go along with them. The parts kits shouldn't sell out before the coresponding figure. If the problem is people getting like 3-4 axis kits per figure, then he needs to up production of the parts kits.
>>
File: IMG_8071.jpg (248KB, 1242x1620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8071.jpg
248KB, 1242x1620px
So this just happened. Yes, that's 1000toys, the same company that made the Synthetic Human figures.
>>
>>6163358
Ugh. KotS is cancer.
>>
>>6163368
>>6163358
I really don't get the appeal of these pizza guys... Is it just some strange intersection between PR/SS fans and hipster toy collectors? I started collecting Onell and Toyfinity stuff because I like building toys with interchangeablility... these Pizza guys are hardly good for that

Also completely unrelated, but man I hope we get more Rigs soon, in decent colors
>>
>>6163162
But then the opposite happens and he has a bunch of random parts sitting in the store for months to years. It's definitely better to have leftover figures vs leftover parts.
Glyos should be releasing less new colors more and more compatible colors/paint variations/mold variety. Is a drop small? Fine. But tell people there will be more/corresponding colors coming a month away. Don't be afraid to rerun things, or only slightly change them. There should be more evergreen colors like black and glow and less "this is the 20th shade of brown."

Basically make a handful of factions, say 8, and constantly be making new stuff for them but using SOME of the same colors. The half assed redos of yesteryear don't cut it, galaxia and galaxia 2 are so different that its useless to have them interact as toys.

There was a bit of this seen last year with the desert EMP guys, the tan/grey and then followed up with a grey/tan wave. There's a fuckton of glyos molds at this point, give me shit I don't see anymore like a callgrim, some of those outlander heads spread out on multiple bodies, whatever man. Get creative, stop selling me my 40th shade of blue and let me build up some actual armies.

Evergreen colors and factions utilizing the entire glyos mold database. THAT is the answer to saving glyos.
>>
>>6163437
I can agree with that, having some staple colors is important. What about always having some core colors available, say like black and white...And the drops could be what adds the splash of color to your builds?
>>
>>6163060
>much snaller runs of toys Matt thinks will be sure to sell

So, is it the money that has changed Glyos? Was he losing tons of money back in the fun days of 09-13? Or has China jacked their prices bigtime since then?
>>
>>6163436
I've been following ToyPizza and Jesse Destasio's Instagram for over 2 years and from what I've gathered, he based the design of the figures (their scale, articulation, body stance) on Banpresto's Tatsunoko action figure collection line because he like those. The Vector Jump armored knight is also heavily influenced by Maschinen Krieger designs and the suits from Spiral Zone because again, he likes those too.

I don't know where the Super Sentai influence fits in but if I were to guess, he probably settled on that aspect because maybe he likes that as well? Or maybe Nicky, the blonde fella, and Jesse all settled on the Sentai theme? I'd have to ask him.
>>
>>6163465
I think black, white, silver, maybe glow, and then one rotating basic color should stay as in stock as possible. Including joint sets and basic figures.
>>
>>6163561
Back in the day I collected under the assumption that black and white would always be the buildstation basic figure.part supply colors.

Instead buildstation ended up being clear only and that was a mistake.
>>
>>6163586
Yeah but you an ALWAYS expect black and gitd to roll back around
>>
>>6163616
Buildstation being clear still burns me, though. Like when those clear wedges stuck around in BS for the longest time not selling- I eagerly would gave bought those if they were black or white. Same with a number of other parts.
>>
>>6163626
Agreed, I also have a serious lack of buildmen in my collection... I don't know who wants clear parts other than dedicated customizers... Even that smokey translucent is better than just plain clear
>>
>>6163635
>I don't know who wants clear parts other than dedicated customizers...

There was a trend, a brief-lived trend on the OT forum where people would dye-vat clear parts. I didn't care for rainbow popsicle looking glyos but it was a thing for a few months and I guess it sold a bunch of clear parts back then.
>>
>>6163534
An excuse to make many repaintd
>>
>>6163626
>>6163635
>>6163639
The trend wasn't just rainbows and not wasn't nearly as short as you remember.

People dyed clear bits any color they wanted. So you could make more
redlaw or Voss just for an example

But also. Remember, Matt has always encouraged customization.

The reason that the build station is clear is because it's the one with the most potential for customs.

>>6163626
You want black wedges? Buy those clear ones and paint or dye them.

Im not trying to shut you guys down or anything, just throwing out the reasoning behind clear.

I do think pure unpainted black would also be a good addition to the build station.
>>
>>6163660
>paint
That's the difference between lego people and gunpla people, if you get my drift.
>>
>>6163667
I do get your drift,. But if I could go from one to the other Anyone with 5 bucks and a piece of could.
>>
>>6163671
Okay, so apparently paint is the solution to all the glyos parts I need. Tell me more about it, then. What paint and what method of application maost perfectly resembles the finish of unpainted glyos pieces? What brand colors are good color matches? Will paint survive repeated fitting and removal of parts? I go though a lot of conflagration ideas as I build.
>>
>>6163676
*configuration
>>
>>6163676
>Will paint survive repeated fitting and removal of parts?
I can answer that one: No.
>>
>As always, an exclusive freebie will be included with all orders while supplies last. This one compliments the bonus item given away during the first Bit launch from last August...
What was the first bonus item? Because I've only ever gotten a sticker or magnet with my BitFigs order. I'm still pissed he was giving away freebies the week after the new drop for Black Friday. No Marc, support the people who are there the first few hours buying this and not someone who comes in a week later for the sale.

Matt can go fuck himself for the same reason. If I'm dropping a few hundred on the store a month, you could kick in a freebie instead of to the person who buys a single vector jump. I've decided to cut almost all purchases from Onell for this ongoing shit. Support the customers who are supporting you, not handing it off to the cheap seats
>>
>>6164003
ANY freebies you in need of? I always get freebies but only keep very few. The rest go in my "to be sold" box.
>>
>>6164003
>complaining over freebies

I get what you're mad about but you're probably going to hear a lot of shit from people who will think you've commited sacriliege. Even here on /toy/.
>>
>>6164003
Once I posted under a username on a message board a negative comment about a figure because it became damaged after minimal use and I didn't think glyos could be easily damaged . Didn't contact Onell or Matt, didn't make a big deal about it. Made a single post. A week later a package showed up at my door containing a replacement part and 4 free items. Matt had seen the post and contacted the message board, explained the situation and asked for my name and then matched it with his purchase records all just to send me a replacement and surprise.

You're a piece of shit.
>>
>>6163465
I think keeping a fully stocked buildstation with an all purpose color like black or grey is vital.

I think more steady factions would be ideal as well, IE you can release a wave of say, brown and black figures like the recent wave and then that section of the faction is the engineers so they have a few orange highlights and patches. But then you keep the same brown for another release a few months later for figures with some green highlights, then some pink highlights, etc. Continue to switch things up with some unique tampo apps for variety, Put some more weird chests on pheyden for example. Release more of the molds. We don't need a drop where 25 figures are released at once, but it would be great to know, to KNOW that we have more of a color coming and we can build some armies and will continue to be able to build shit up for years to come.

And before you say oh, why would someone buy the same brown 3 times in a row, we already do that now but the colors are different and look like a mismatched pile of shit together. Figures can be easily changed up by some highlight colors, tampos, alternate heads, builds, all sorts of stuff. I'm sick of seeing drops with the same 4 figures released over and over again for 18 months and then one figure is phased out and we see another batch of the same 4 figures for 18 months.. when there are so many more options available in glyos and everyone acts like they don't exist anymore.
>>
>>6165273
I shouldn't be able to predict the next boring drop but I bet I fucking can, it will be 2-3 pheydens, 2 glyans, 2 nobotos with another glyarmor, 1 crossover figure and 3 crayboth. No gobons, armorvors, buildmen, phaseons, exellis or dark travellers or sarvos, no skeleden armor, no hub sets, no blocks, rigs, runners, armodocs, and probably no super crays. No callgrims, no weaponeers, no outlanders, barely any OSM. No banimon. No AV Robot. These are all fun, useful toys to the glyos system. They should not be sitting on a shelf never to be seen again, or to be seen once a year and usually by another company that half the people who might see the site don't even know exists. Variety!
>>
>>6165253
This is so Matt.

Back in 2012 I put my first ever Glyos order in for the glow armorvor, purple armorvor, grey armorvor, and purple pheyden.

After receiving my package and finding a freebie Glyan Ruger from a past drop, I contacted Matt asking if he had any more glow freebies or armovors on hand that I could buy off of him since I missed out on the recent 2012 Hades/glow black armorvor wave. He said he was out of hades, the black armovor, the first red armorvor, but maybe had some glow. I told him I'd gladly buy whatever glow he had available. He said he'd see what he could do...then radio scilence. I didn't know Matt well so I was afraid that maybe my asking pissed him off. I had no idea what was to come...

A month passes and lo and be-fucking hold a mysterious box shows up on my doorstep.

Inside is almost $200 worth of glow figures and parts all still bagged. Pretty much everything they made in glow was there. Specter pheyden mk2, glow crayboth, glow blasters, axis joints, hub sets, head packs, etc.

I was speechless...

I ended up writing a long thank you letter to Matt and then also ended up meeting him in person via a friend that knows him. I thanked him yet again for his generosity. He was such a great human being. We must've talked for hours and then later on I ended up selling him some Japanese toys. He's so knowledgeable with toys.

So the lesson here is, if you ever need an item, just ask Matt. He may have an extra on hand. He generally keeps a couple extras on hand for quality-control replacements and convention sales.
>>
>>6163676
>>6163695
You do have to baby painted pieces a little more no matter what. Heck, this even applies to official Onell pieces, some of my older ones have scratched paint. But I would say if you're painting, Tamiya spray lacquers are probably the most durable I've encountered. I recall hearing that they're the closest thing to factory-applied toy paint that you can easily buy at a consumer level.
>>
>>6165653
officials can scratch?
>>
>>6164003
Yeah, fuck you. You will find zero sympathy here or in any other Glyos community really. Matt gives out freebies at random, and out of the goodness of his heart. Anyone who complains about getting less freebies than anyone else is a true piece of garbage.

On another note...I hesitate to suggest this because I would hate for him to read entitled whiny posts like the one I just replied to, but maybe it might be good to link this thread to Matt? There are a lot of well-voiced ideas and legitimate complaints here that I think could help shape the future of Glyos in a way that both Matt and the community could be happy with.
>>
>>6165660
Well, sure. No paint is invulnerable. I used to buy big Glyos part lots where loose pieces had been bagged and rubbing up/tumbling against each other for a while. Sometimes this resulted in a little bit of scratched paint. BUT, under normal use, like I said, I think it's pretty tough to do. Like, I don't think I've ever scratched one of the figures I've bought new from the Onell shop.
>>
>>6164003
Like I said, what freebies do you want to own? I have a bunch of them and I'd gladly sell them to you reasonably priced.
>>
>>6165666
Frankly, sure. Any group is going to have negative and positive opinions, but I think in general we all love his product and we want to see him do well and continue on with it, I'm sure it's not just me dropping $100-200+ on a wave every time. I don't think we're entitled to anything like freebies or the molds and colorways we want either, but it'd be cool to be validated. I'd settle for the feeling that he knows we exist here and that /glyos/ is a pretty regular general here
>>
>>6166042

I say someone shows him, there's a few posts that are overly negative here but there's tons of good ideas and valid concerns as well.

Any complaints I have are out love, glyos is the only toy I consistently buy now going on 7 years.
>>
Anyone get their Bio-masters yet? Mine don't get here until Tuesday...
>>
>>6166177
cut n paste the constructive comments into a email. leave the rest out
>>
File: biotribe.jpg (131KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
biotribe.jpg
131KB, 1080x1080px
>>6168296
these are great
>>
File: kabutobuilds.jpg (137KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kabutobuilds.jpg
137KB, 1080x1080px
>>6168657
>>
File: babycreature.jpg (34KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
babycreature.jpg
34KB, 1080x1080px
>>6168660
>>
File: insect.jpg (50KB, 1080x1280px) Image search: [Google]
insect.jpg
50KB, 1080x1280px
>>6168661
>>
File: halfbeasthalfmonster.jpg (59KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
halfbeasthalfmonster.jpg
59KB, 1080x1080px
>>6168663
>>
File: beetle.jpg (168KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beetle.jpg
168KB, 1080x1080px
>>6168665
>>
File: alienstalker.jpg (70KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
alienstalker.jpg
70KB, 1080x1080px
>>6168668
>>
File: bugmushi.jpg (131KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bugmushi.jpg
131KB, 1080x1080px
>>6168669
>>
File: biomushinoid.jpg (75KB, 1080x1282px) Image search: [Google]
biomushinoid.jpg
75KB, 1080x1282px
>>6168671
>>
File: thornybug.jpg (55KB, 1080x968px) Image search: [Google]
thornybug.jpg
55KB, 1080x968px
>>6168674
>>
File: bioweapon.jpg (44KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bioweapon.jpg
44KB, 1080x1080px
>>6168676
>>
File: biocritters.jpg (66KB, 1080x820px) Image search: [Google]
biocritters.jpg
66KB, 1080x820px
>>6168678
>>
sorry, big fan of bio monster builds. can some one compare the osm tentacle to the new bio tentacle?
>>
I really like the build potential of biomasters, but so far none of the release colors have done it for me.
>>
>>6168690
bet thegodbeast has timed drops planned or kabuto+bio in the store release like dec. hoping the latter with axis joints again
>>
>>6168669
This is awesome, one of my favorite glyos builds I've ever seen.
>>
File: 298i3kjhb37873goi3.jpg (64KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
298i3kjhb37873goi3.jpg
64KB, 1080x1080px
>>
File: 16201721855.jpg (124KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
16201721855.jpg
124KB, 708x708px
Man, I was going through my old pictures and I had totally forgot about Search Corps Ankram. My absolute favorite color way that I just did not buy enough of at all.
>>
>>6169359
This beige and maroon color is reminding me of some toy I owned (but cannot recall) from the late 80s or early 90s..;.
>>
My Bio-Masters just arrived, I'll take some pictures this evening
>>
>>6168674

Very Zoanoidesque
>>
>>6171207
Transformers Powerglide
>>
>>6173049
i see it. good colors to work with
>>
New Glyos General >>6173562
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.