[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He places a bid for the item when there is still a day to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: AnakinLaughing.jpg (5KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
AnakinLaughing.jpg
5KB, 224x224px
>He places a bid for the item when there is still a day to go before the bidding ends
>>
>>6110491
I do that to drive the price up for the people that actually want it lmao
>>
>>6110527
HOW DARE YOU :(
>>
>>6110550
I guess you don't really want the item then.
>>
>>6110554
But I do of course
>>
I could see someone putting a bid in early to 'mark territory' so to speak, to maybe discourage others from watching it. I don't do it myself but I can kinda get that.

What I don't get is people who bid in the last hour well before snipetime. That's just useless.
>>
>all this bullshit when you can just decide to pay a price and leave it
>>
>>6110586

Some people don't know sniping apps exist.

Though I sometimes do that when there are a few auctions for the same thing all ending close to each other.

I hit the cheapest one with a bid equal to the next auction. If the price is still low I drop a snipe on top.

If it goes over, fuck it, will try one of the others.
>>
>>6110565
but why tho? you're shooting yourself in the foot

is it a counter measure to fuck with your competitors and you just have the cash to spend or are you just a self destructive fool?
>>
honestly ebay should just implement the auto bump feature like yahoo auctions did where it bumps up the end time when a bid is received
>>
>>6110491
These cunts should be breeded out.
>>
File: 1476639034137.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476639034137.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>>6110491
>item I want is up for a good price(maybe)
>3 days left
>no bids
>2 days
>no bids
>1 day
>bid
>bid
>bid,bidbidbidbidbidbid
>fucking bidwar
>price jumps up to a completely unreasonable price within an hour
>26 hours left

>auction ends
>week later seller posts the item again as buy it now only for almost what it 'sold' for the first time
>>
>>6110527
burn in hell
>>
>>6110621
but what if some one out bids you for .50 cents?

There's honestly not worse feeling than that
>>
>bidding
>not BIN or Best Offer

knowing how bidding wars happen, I'd rather just buy the thing and be done with it. Some idiots will bid way higher than a BIN listing just to keep the other guy from getting it.
>>
>find thing i want
>also find it on the BST here
>bid up to BST price
>bidwar starts
>sold on eBay for almost double what the BST price was
>it was loose on ebay, with box on BST
Thanks 4chan.
>>
>>6110797
Your loss, bro. Sometimes there's a steal to be had at the end of an auction. Usually early in the morning on a weekday when tards likely to bid-war are sleeping.
>>6110773
You know what's a great feeling? Putting in a bid at
>what you're willing to pay +one additional bid increment +1 cent
and it cockblocks someone bidding at an expected whole number + one angry one click bid

I've won so many auctions at $20.51 .
>>
>>6110797
I've really lucked out with Best Offer options with buyers.

When I list something, it's usually my preferred method, as well.

My SOP is usually if an item is overpriced, I low ball them to see if they have any semblance of reality and go from there. If they do I use the standard "meet in the middle" with offer/counteroffers. If the item is reasonable I usually make an offer 5% less just to get a small discount.

As a seller I look at trending prices and usually raise it by 10%. I set best offer listing and will easily take an offer 20% less than trending price if they make DO that offer. Most end up paying full price for some weird reason...
>>
>>6110586
If it's something I want, but don't SUPER want I'll put in a bid for what I'm willing to pay about an hour to half hour before it's done
If I get it, cool. If I don't, then it wasn't meant to be
>>
>be me
>accidentally find item because it's been mislabeled by clueless seller
>starting bid $00.01
>place bid for reasonable price
>win for $00.01 + shipping & handling

I've done this over and over again because I search under "All Categories" with extremely simplified searches that don't show up under the normal search parameters and categories.
>>
>>6111588
There is a search engine that kind of does this for misspelled words.

Can't recall it though.
>>
What snipe apps does /toy/ recommend for EBay (bonus if it is for iPhones/iPads)? I currently use Baytomat.
>>
File: 1472522911217.jpg (16KB, 233x232px) Image search: [Google]
1472522911217.jpg
16KB, 233x232px
>when you win the bid war in the last minute
>>
>>6111603
Fatfingers.com is one.

Just google 'misspelled words search engine', there's a few options out there.
>>
>>6110491
>using the bid option
I haven't tried this in years, fuck bids and fuck auctions. Buy it now or fuck off.
>>
For whatever reason 90% of all auctions that I'm interested in end during the middle of my work day, so I either forget to grab my phone and do a quick bid in the last few moments or put in a bid fairly early. Shit sucks.

You'd think that sellers would want their auctions to end when a lot of people are done with work across all the US timezones (like 10pm EST), or on a weekend. But then again maybe they put these things in the middle of the day because they know bored NEETs, like the majority of people on /toy/, would be more likely to bid in the middle of the day.
>>
>>6111603
Do it manually like a man.
>>
File: 1462315573309.jpg (164KB, 1024x1276px) Image search: [Google]
1462315573309.jpg
164KB, 1024x1276px
> mfw I bid on an item I have no intention of buying

> mfw I know some autist is going to outbid me so I make punitive bids anyway
>>
File: thug life.jpg (235KB, 785x635px)
thug life.jpg
235KB, 785x635px
>>6111916
>Bid on something I wanted
>Didn't check how much S&H would be because I'm retarded
>It's way too fucking much
>Be the highest bidder for weeks, shit , looks like I'm gonna have to buy this thing
>Some loser with even more money to waste than me outbids me on the last day
>>
>>6111918
>get bid regret
>link it on whatever /toy/ general is appropriate
>hey is this a good deal
>someone else always buys it
>>
File: 1480208640811.png (20KB, 632x367px) Image search: [Google]
1480208640811.png
20KB, 632x367px
>>6111916
>sometime last summer
>see a possible good deal on a figma
>snipe it like usual
>someone complains about missing out on a good deal for said figma on ebay because sniped
>tfw it was me
>I didn't even want it that bad
>>
>>6111848
This, I know that sniping sites exist but it's the only way to feel the heat anymore.
>>
>>6111921
Why didn't I ever think of this?
>>
>>6111916
There was some shitty Ebay raffle/promotion where you could win something and bidding on an auction was one entry for the raffle. I did this so often.
>>
>>6111591
glooge.com?
>>
>>6111617
>you bid on the last 5 seconds and you win

Better than sex.
>>
>>6112006
I think it's this:
http://www.bargainchecker.com/default.aspx
>>
>>6113811
I don't know how the seller part works on eBay, but what penalties can the seller earn if he withdraws his offer after realizing his error?
>>
>>6113823
I believe you can edit your title free of charge as with most of your listing info.
>>
eBay can suck as a seller

>item for sale
>it's valuable
>only other copy on eBay is over $80, has 10 watchers
>price mine $20 less
>no one even fucking looks at it

Fine, pay more for their copy in the same shape, you dumb piece of shit.

>best offer is a joke
>everyone wants shit 75% off
>disable the offers
>get sent messages with offers anyway, message reply is set up to allow/accept offers

fuck you for forcing this shit on us when we say no.

eBay is fucking run by dumbasses. They make money off sellers, not buyers. They make more money the higher the item's sale price is. Yet they want us to sell for nothing, then they fully refund the buyer if they're not 110% happy- which they have to refund all those eBay and Paypal fees too, BTW, so they lose money on refunds.
>>
>>6113862
I have had minimal problems so far. Maybe you're selling the wrong shit.
>>
>>6113862

They wouldn't be doing that if it didn't make them money. For every one shit transaction, theres probably thousands where they make dosh.

The real question is why they don't ban all those chinese sellers that are obviously fake accounts setup to fish for money from people too stupid to realize that figure 90% off of every other seller isn't a deal, you'll be getting nothing. Almost every one of those motherfuckers is out to scam people.
>>
File: AGoodDay.gif (852KB, 311x207px) Image search: [Google]
AGoodDay.gif
852KB, 311x207px
>>6112009

Lasts the same amount of time too.
>>
>>6110491
This. I sell shit on ebay and I don't even pay attention to bids until an hour before my auctions end. I pay way more attention to the number of watches, because the impending chimpout of last minute one upping gets me super wet.
>>
>>6113966
show us your collection before you mouth off about what others have

>inb4 "you first"
>inb4 these idiots never show their shit
>>
>>6114051
>I know my wares are shit
>>
File: Untitled.png (25KB, 699x265px)
Untitled.png
25KB, 699x265px
This shouldn't have to be said, but if you win an auction, please just suck it up and buy the damn item. This piece of shit just wasted my time and money because of buyer's regret.
>>
admit it, half of you guys only want to have the stupid thrill of winning instead of just getting a price you actually would pay

then probably half of you idiots will just not pay or make up some shit like >>6114360
>>
>>6114393

I'm too fucking poor to engage in jolly jerkoff auctions. If it goes above the price I want it at, I just wait for another opportunity.
>>
>>6110636
Wow you're an idiot who can't follow a simple series of posts
>>
>>6114360
You could have just put the word broken in the title in caps and have avoided this entirely. Im sure stuff like that happens a lot.
>>
>>6113982
I spent a good week reporting chinese sellers with clearly illegal shit and from the amount that stayed up for weeks (until of course they either got swamped with negative feedback or canceled their accounts), Ebay doesn't really give a fuck.
>>
>>6114360
It might have been an honest mistake but he should still follow through with the sale. I think if you cancel it from your end Ebay counts it as a "seller cancellation" and that bullshit goes on your record.

I accidentally snagged a DH Link that I thought was the F4F one. Purchased it at $50 when Gamestop had the same PoS for $30. I just resold it. You win some, you lose some.
>>
>bidding

The only time I ever bid on something it's usually an obscure item or a toy from the past. It ain't worth worth it otherwise.
>>
>selling off gf's shitty pop collection because shes tired of clutter
>put up man of steel supes
>sells
>buyer emails me "sorry i was looking for red sun superman can you cancel my order"
I canceled it and ended up selling it for more the second time around. Still not sure why people dont read things over.
>>
if there's something i want but know i'll be at work when the bidding ends, i'll put in a bid of the absolute highest price i'm willing to go for it and if it works out it works out, if it doesn't it doesn't
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.