[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >still no kenshiro figure that doesn't suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

>2017
>still no kenshiro figure that doesn't suck

Does Japan just not care about HnK anymore?
>>
>>6108508
What's wrong with the revoltechs?
>>
>>6108518
can't speak for op but i didn't love the hips on most of them
>>
>>6108518
>pinheads
>manlets
>trash articulation
>mushy old revoltech sculpts
>>
File: 51CrQ7FjoZL.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51CrQ7FjoZL.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
Where the Ken's rage ones that bad?
>>
>>6108508
they dont appreciate the classiqués, anon
>>
>>6108518
Might as well go into a Metal Gear thread and ask what's wrong with PAKs
>>
>>6108508
>SHF made by the Kinnikuman team never
>>
>>6110055
>tfw kinnikuman soldier is literally just a new head, legs, and paintjob away from being kenshiro but it will never happen
>>
>>6108521
>seething
>>
>>6108526
They need to re-release that one but updated.
>>
Why in the fucking fuck didn't Kaiyodo rerelease Raoh and the Santa-warden yet rereleased the others?
>>
>>6110055
They won't be able to get the face right...

>>6108526
People don't like the diagonal swivels for the hip and upper thigh. And they are slightly small, especially since they all should be really tall.

SAS would be ideal but likely be pricey. Same for a figma they tend to be 7000 yen plus with stuff like this.

Revoltech can be great with all the tricks they've learned over the years, and Kaiyodo has a long history with the property so I can see them returning to it one day, and be at a decent price. Bandai can make one the cheapest but likely have core characters go to exclusives.

>>6108508
Biggest issue is that there are no recent anime or movies for the property, and I doubt they need to when they make all the money(?) from pachinko licenses. Kaiyodo doesn't really care about tie-in release so they are more likely to do something.
>>
>>6110138
Kaioh instead of Raoh was really weird. Granted it was the better revo. The Legacy releases are strange to begin with.
>>
>>6110149

But there's nothing goin on with Kinnikuman either.
>>
>>6110163
Manga is going on. The character selection has some correlation, especially for Nemesis.
>>
>>6110149
>male figmas
No. Goodsmile has proved that they don't give a fuck about anything that's not a waifu figure.
>>
>>6110149
They won't because these figures won't happen but they definitely could.
>>
>>6110168
There's almost no correlation at all.
>>
>>6110381
Bushido is a major character now right? I haven't read it all, and don't know how the timeline matches with release and story, but Perfect Chojin is the big bad iirc so there was more push for them so Neptuneman was a early selection perhaps? It's like that level of prioritization. Point is it's an active property where as Hokuto no Ken has silly comedic spin-offs and Musou games in recent years.

I say some you say almost. Nuances.
>>
>>6110404
Sorry, Budo. I keep messing those two words up.
>>
>>6110404
My point is: there's not enough correlation to think the line has anything to do with the manga having an ongoing sequel. It's obviously meant to be a line selling thanks to nostalgia and nothing else. Also remember the line is going for the anime look first and foremost.
>>
>>6110727
The top execs needs some kind of excuse to make expensive figures and I'm saying an active manga was that. Not saying the line is all based around the manga, the old anime will always be the looks and scenes they will go for. But with the way they pick what characters to release when, that does have some ties to the current ongoing media, and having one is probably what convinced the tops to keep making more. Otherwise we would just have the most popular core heroes and be it. Plus, Nemesis. I think the Revolmini went with BH and Pentagon release from what's going on with the manga as well.

More obvious example is Dragon Ball with Super going on SHF got second wind doing characters from multiple sources, and not all be exclusives.

Fist of the North Star needs some kind of reminder of its existence to the public that would ensure sales to the suits over any number of current popular IPs.

I'm surprised Ranma made it's way, but RInne getting to the anime stage I guess that was enough for spotlighting Takahasi Rumiko's past work. Also I don't think they are selling so that might put some dents on relying on nostalgia alone.
>>
>>6110321
>...don't give a fuck about anything that's not a waifu figure.
Goodsmile does anime guys well.

Looking at Golgo, they'd probably fair decent.
>>
>>6113914
You have a pretty poor understanding of how Bandai works but whatever.
>>
>>6110727
>there's not enough correlation to think the line has anything to do with the manga having an ongoing sequel
>did Nemesis
>newer manga characters were all mentioned (even the one-shots) in Bandai's recent Figuarts questionnaire
>have been making manga recolours now that they've seen there's a market for them
What are you on about? Bandai has been clearly paying attention to the ongoing material as well.
>>
>>6113934
>1 figure comes from the new manga
>line is line 25 figures
>line is definitely existing thanks to the new manga
You're an idiot and should kill yourself.
>>
>>6108508
that anime is probrably older then you. pandering to waifu fags is where the money is at
>>
>>6108519
What the fuck were they thinking with those hips? It's a goddamn martial arts manga. That's one of the worst possible series you could give diagonal hip swivels to.

At least the Ken's Rage figures kinda fix it.
>>
>>6124556
Early days Revo and they went with visuals first. Otherwise you would have big balls of the joints exposed and I'm sure more people would've bitched about that.
Also they didn't use the sculptor who knew how to get fighting poses just with swivels.
>>
File: glrevoset3.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
glrevoset3.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
>>6110149
>People don't like the diagonal swivels for the hip and upper thigh.
I have never understood this, to be honest with you. I suspect it's mostly due to a perceived notion of the dual cut hip being "primitive" or "outdated" compared to ball and socket or swivel hinge hips. Thing is though, the dual-cut swivel hip allows a fantastic range of motion actually, and is a HELL of a lot easier to deal with than Revolver jointed hips. I just don't see any real disadvantage to it other than it breaking up the sculpt when turned at certain angles--but hey, so do big ol' Revolver joints, and at least dual cuts have the benefit of looking great in plain standing poses.

I mean look at this for example. Great range, no limiting ratchets, and you can't even see the joints are there.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.