[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technic/CCBS General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 99

Rebirth Edition

Previous thread: n/a
General Lego thread: >>6102612

>For builders:
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
http://www.bricklink.com/
>>
Damn..../biog/ really is dead :(
>>
>>6106138
From the ashes of /biog/ a new general is born. F

On a serious note, Should the next OPs have a pastebin with the biog links and add others related like Faberfiles and stuff?
>>
>>6106168
It had a good run, but this is for the best. /biog/ has little reason to exist without Bionicle.

>>6106211
Absolutely.
http://pastebin.com/iDM3EkxX
I was just trying to strip the OP down to the bare essentials of what we had before. Let me know if I should add anything else to the paste.
>>
>>6106168
Well at least we were able to come back even for a short time a majority lines never get that chance.
>>
File: image.jpg (172KB, 652x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 652x1000px
bionicle may be the butt of a joke to some, but it'll always be my friend in the end
>>
Anyone else having massive issues with Technic axle connectors like this cracking over time?
>>
>>6106300
This is why Bionicle was cancelled
>>
>>6106373
if the sets are kept put together, yes
>>
>>6106401
canned for depicting a can?
>>
>>6106401
Because LEGO realised they're paying Bionicle engineers mad dosh when they can even make something as beautiful as that?
>>
Anyone have pics of MOCs from the Bionicle Artbook?
>>
File: not even the dead....jpg (160KB, 560x447px) Image search: [Google]
not even the dead....jpg
160KB, 560x447px
>>6106373
>Had various concerns and fears involving limb connectors breaking
>Apparentely Technic axles can break as well

At least we'll have those until Lego is destroyed. So that makes me worry less.
>>
>>6106594
a shit ton of people made that red edgy murder blades skeleton
>>
>>6106739
well, that's also because it was a very easy design to replicate, since it was pretty close to what would have been its final design

I'm going to build one myself
>>
>>6106300
Bionicle feels like the Crash Bandicoot of legos to me.

I swear, while it was new and running it was pretty much universally loved, and for no reason people started hating on it now that it's all in the past.
>>
File: technicbattledroid.jpg (128KB, 618x766px) Image search: [Google]
technicbattledroid.jpg
128KB, 618x766px
Remember when Lego put actual effort into their sets instead of just slapping a well-known franchise's logo onto the box and calling it a day?
>>
Speaking of the art book, there was a section with the creatures where they were able to attach to the Toa in different ways and served different functions (ability, armor, and weapon).

Would've you liked something like that? Would it be possible to do it? I think it only would've worked out if the creatures came with alternate models.
>>
>>6107018

Please, don't remind me of the better days.
>>
>>6107042
Pretty sure it was just the artists playing around with three basic archetypes for slapping a creature on the back.

>giant creatures where the weapons also unfolded into shoulder armor or ability-giving limbs
Looking back at the art book, Gali really lucked out with having both ability and weapon from her creature.
>>
>>6107018
I had the pit droid...it was fucking great.
>>
It was born as /biog/ and it will stay /biog. This OP was fucking half assed
>>
>>6107134
I mean it's the first for being a Technic/CCBS thread, so it still has room to grow. Sure it was spawned from /biog/, but it's not like those threads had are completely necessary here.
>>
Look. I don't mean to compare /biog/ to cancer here, but like... after G1 was cancelled, BZP didn't change their logo. They kept it the Mata face to preserve the legacy. Continuing to call the constraction/technic/ccbs generals "biog" would be in the same vein.
>>
File: crack.jpg (105KB, 1155x581px) Image search: [Google]
crack.jpg
105KB, 1155x581px
>>6106405
So, is it due to the parts design?
I remember reading that the center of those parts is slightly thicker than the rest so I assume that the stress of the connection literally pries the piece apart over time.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
You know, I never really was a fan of most of the Bionicle sites and communities. BZP was too big for its own good and moderation was much too tight.

/biog/ on the other hand was small and anonymous. Anyone could say shit and be heard in an equal light. The community was much smaller and as an effect, had more soul to it. BZP had gone stagnant long ago, and I just couldn't find a community that I clicked with after G1 ended. I even tried Reddit's small bonkle comminity. That too was pretty shit.

Then the first G2 leaks came out back in July 2014. There were no Admins shutting that shit down so they could suck Lego's cock, no credibility, and no restraint. I learned about TTV from there, as the first G2 leaks were their claim to fame. I checked them out but I felt they took themselves too seriously for my tastes.

So back to /biog/ I went, and I stayed ever since. You guys were my primary source for news and shitposts of my childhood, and I enjoyed the hell out of it all. It was a good run. It didn't go to shit and it didn't go stale. It lasted just as long as it should have.

Here's to you bastards, it was a great run. Gave me a chance to enjoy a large part of my childhood in a particularly dark time of my life. Hell, it may have kept me from doing some truly dangerous shit personally.

Here's a MOC I made and kept around after the first year of G2 started. I upgraded him here and there but for the most part he's been around with me ever since G2 began. He kind of serves as a reminder of my enjoyment of the entire theme. Also a dabbing Bohrok because I'm meme trash.

Anyway, whether I'm lurking or actually contributing, I'll be sticking around for as long as there's still Constraction threads.

Thanks for everything.
>>
>>6107458
And God fucking damn it, the image is rotated. >:U
>>
>>6107018
i HATE effort. i just want an easy build, then i can do the hard stuff later
>>
>>6107458
I feel the same, anon.
Thank you for expressing my feelings so well.
>>
>>6107018
remember when sets had magnets?
>>
File: 1483162851416.jpg-1795977181.jpg (93KB, 1024x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1483162851416.jpg-1795977181.jpg
93KB, 1024x1230px
Does anyone know who moced this?
>>
>>6107780
https://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata
>>
>>6107821

Thanks mate.
>>
File: bionicle was a mistake.jpg (56KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bionicle was a mistake.jpg
56KB, 480x360px
>>6106138
We can still keep the name /biog/ though and the typical OP content, I don't see why we should suddenly do away with everything that's kept us here because the line is dead.

I get what you're trying to do, but it seems a little silly to me. We're not going to become /ksg/ or BZP or whatever else if we just decide to keep a name and remember why we came here in the first place. This general means a lot to a lot of people, and I don't see why we should abandon some things about it so soon. Maybe there is a new line coming along, just give it some time so we can see what happens. Lego isn't the kind of company to put so much resources into designing a whole system of parts just to let go of it arbitrarily.
>>
>>6107780
Someone who really needs to go outside more often.
>>
>>6106644
Clip parts are also prone to breaking.
Just hold one of those transparent claws (the ones found on Umarak or Skull Scorpio) against light.
Chances are pretty high that you'll see small stress cracks that developed over time that will become worse and worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>6107768
The only sets I remember having magnets are some of the Insectoids ones.
>>
File: img_4088.jpg (174KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
img_4088.jpg
174KB, 800x600px
Why lego dont try these again but try to make it better
>>
>>6108093
>What is Star Wars CCBS
>>
>>6108093
But CCBS is not even close to this building system m8
>>
File: IMG_8286.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8286.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>6108093
ask yourself why most retailers don't carry technic anymore
>>
>>6108080
The Explorien sets right before that had magnets also, and i think some of the Hydronaut sets had it along with the suction cups
>>
>>6108115
Wait, really? All the toy stores I've been to lately had a decent selection of technic sets.
>>
>>6108106
CCBS is technic based and honestly it's much better for this sort of stuff than pure technic. Allows for more articulation and less of a clusterfucky technic look.
>>
>>6106996
>for no reason
To be fair, the plot took a very different turn around 2006, the sets were both most unique, while being extremely similar too thanks to Inika/Piraka-build, and I'm sure the whole incident with brittle parts surely didn't leave a good impression for most people.
>>
What happened to that update LEGO promised us?
>>
>>6108093
I totally didn't remember that Stormtrooper looked so fugly.

Pretty funny that only one that's been fully remade as CCBS is Vader, and he's a ton better [toyspoiler]at least in my opinion[/toyspoiler]
>>
>>6108158
what i'm saying is if ccbs was more like this type of technic maybe it would be more interesting
>>
Why is CCBS considered Technic?
>>
>>6108171
How many axle and pin connections do you see on most of the parts compared to studs?
>>
>>6108174
Most System-sets over $50 generally have a Technic-brick frame.
>>
>>6108176
Those are still mainly System sets.
Meanwhile, CCBS sets use those parts only for detailing at most.
>>
File: IMG_2700.png (36KB, 1849x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2700.png
36KB, 1849x330px
So what's next?
>>
File: Yourmum.jpg (376KB, 972x890px) Image search: [Google]
Yourmum.jpg
376KB, 972x890px
Post you're favorite scrapped villain
>>
>>6107780
The fuck, dog.

I sometimes forget where I am.
>>
>>6107903
I second this. This is useless and annoying, at least keep Bionicle in the title of the thread so the link I use to get here still works
>>
>>6108220
What's this? A leak for a new CCBS line or a new system line?
>>
File: Soul Grinder.png (4MB, 2008x1421px) Image search: [Google]
Soul Grinder.png
4MB, 2008x1421px
>>6108334
Not sure how Lego could have pulled this off with CCBS but it would have been amazing.
>>
File: lego boost.jpg (583KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
lego boost.jpg
583KB, 2000x1125px
>>
>>6108503
New theme revealed called Boost.
Basically another RCX/Mindstorms/EV3 reboot, not another CCBS theme like we hoped. still cool though I guess.
Thoughts?
>>
>>6108503
As a side note, tried posting this many times, but post kept getting blocked as spam. Tried rewriting my paragraph many times, removing the image, removing the reply i put below, etc. Anyone else ever have issues with the auto-detect spam?

>>6108462
It's bait. Most likely fake.
>>
File: Zetrja xeranid queen.jpg (627KB, 1172x945px) Image search: [Google]
Zetrja xeranid queen.jpg
627KB, 1172x945px
>>6107780
its not bad desu, they did a very good job.
>>
>>6108537
If we can get one "/biog/" thread that doesn't have creepy robo/insect/slimeshit fetish dolls made from CCBS in it that would be nice
>>
>>6108503
Fuck you LEGO I want this but I want Bionicle more
>>
>>6108558
come for the constraction, stay for the come shots
>>
>>6106138
/biog/ needs to stay in the name of the general.
Most people here care and talk about Bionicle anyway.
>>
I'm sad that there is no /biog/ tonight.
>>
>>6108125
My local walmart doesnt carry technic at all, does it not sell that great or what?
>>
>>6108093
I bought a big box of random technic parts from a friend. I realized one of the disassembled sets was Jango because that was the only set with purple arch pieces, but by that point I had already used much of his parts.
>>
File: 1328840682159.jpg (127KB, 450x425px) Image search: [Google]
1328840682159.jpg
127KB, 450x425px
>>6107134
>>6107345
>>6107903
>>6108418
>>6108735
I sincerely would like some suggestions on what should be done about the stagnation of the general, then. The number of regular posters declining and what little there is left to discuss about Bionicle is going to drive us to mandatory shitposting, waifufagging, off-topic discussion, and/or panic bumping, fates worse than death. I've seen people pining for change or a way out since the cancellation. OP several threads ago tried building challenges, and it worked fairly well, momentarily. The novelty did not carry it. We need stuff like that, but with more longevity. The inclusion of Technic will broaden the variety and frequency of posts, even if only by a little. Maybe we can have a conversation topic for each OP, or aggregated monthly challenge lists like /lg/ does. We can expand the OP with links related to Technic, HF, Star Wars, Ultrabuilds, Bionicle, MoC guides, and whatever constraction theme TLG comes out with down the line (if any). And let's not forget the next threads (if any) will have the pastebin in >>6106285 linked, too.

I say to you skeptics that this is a jumping point, not a step backwards, and not an attempt to spit in the eye of our fellow /biog/ posters. A fresh start means a clean slate to build on. We can make this work really nicely, so please just give Technic/CCBS general a chance before dismissing it outright. If it's a disaster, we can always raise /biog/ with a quick copy/paste.
>>
>>6108503
I wonder how advanced this johnny 5 wannabe is going to be
>>
>>6106373
I have at least a dozen of those that cracked.
This issue affects axle connectors even in liftarms :/ Lego should reinforce them.

I'm building a rc car frame in the non-purist way (quadcopter brushless motor, 9g microservo and 18650)
any advice?
>>
>>6108480

I've been thinking on how to build a naga-like character with CCBS. You can't use prefab torsos since they have the hips built in, so I might try to build a long CCBS limbs tail and find a way to attach arms. Haven't got the time to build lately though.
>>
>>6106996
>tfw loved both Bionicle and Crash Bandicoot

at least Crash is getting a remake
>>
>>6108558
so litterly every other thread before this one.
k gotcha
>>
>>6108158
Jango was remade with CCBS too
>>
Pink CCBS shells fucking WHEN
>>
>>6109693
For Elves ultrabuilds.
>>
>>6109466
There was an anon a while back that did a naga with one of the CCBS base torsos. I don't have the pic right on hand, but it can be done.
>>
File: technic.jpg (42KB, 905x540px) Image search: [Google]
technic.jpg
42KB, 905x540px
>>6109438
>>6106373

IIRC it's due to the parts being slightly thicker in the center to increase friction and clutch power.
Try shoving an axle gently halfway into one of those and let it go - it will slide back a bit.
The thing is, due to that the axle puts quite a lot of stress onto the connector, resulting in cracks in the weaker areas like on top of it or on the pegs next to the safety holes.

In other words: the design is honestly inherently flawed.
>>
>>6109274
would technic fans even come here at all if they arent into bionicle? thats the question

if not, then this is still biog
>>
>>6109697
not happening
>>
File: 1457719278153.jpg (815KB, 2048x1436px) Image search: [Google]
1457719278153.jpg
815KB, 2048x1436px
>>6109878
I'm seeing plenty of Technic posts. Bionicle and Technic go hand-in-hand on the building end anyway, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to post here. Nobody made a 'real' /biog/ thread, so we're trying this.
>>
>>6109878
yeah I've only ever seen technic posts in /legog/ and not frequently
>>
So what's the future of CCBS? What Lego teased and what I hoped was some kind of Slizer reboot was that ugly autistic robot thing. Clearly it still sells otherwise Star Wars CCBS wouldn't be a thing with new molds so what do you think will happen? More licensed sets or some brand new Original Property a la Hero Factiory?
>>
Reminder that BIONICLE passed from being LEGO's longest running (and most succesfull) theme to being one of the few themes in the entire history of the company that didn't even fulfill its planned run.

They tarnished BIONICLE's reputation for no real reason, letting Disney do what they wanted (since they didn't like competition for their CCBS figures). The decision to discontinue G2 arrived in late 2015, when they didn't even have sales reports: it's clear someone didn't like the simple fact G2 existed.

We have only one chance: boycotting LEGO.
For me it won't be hard at all, since I was interested only in BIONICLE, but please, if you care about the line, don't buy anything from LEGO.

They betrayed us two times in six years, with two awful endings to (one of) their best theme(s). They need to work damn hard to gain our trust again.
>>
>>6110647
Or I can continue buying System like I always have and you can leave more product on the shelf for me.
>>
>>6110647
>can't tell if bait or just someone who is still sour about the whole thing

Look, crying about things that already happened won't change things, it sucked they did what they did, but we have to learn to live with it, you can't just throw a temper tantrum over a discontinued toy theme.
>>
>>6110647
it would be nice to boycott lego and essentially give them a "fuck you" but im sure whether we buy their products or not won't affect them

although im 99% sure
>letting Disney do what they wanted (since they didn't like competition for their CCBS figures)
is true
>>
>>6110647
>>6110691
Ill be honest, G2 (especially 2016) was the most fun Ive had building lego. the fact that it was bionicle was just icing on the cake. If lego does another original CCBS theme, ill likely be on top of it. Until then, ill pick up some of the better SW figures on sale
>>
should i take apart and bag individual G2 sets or just throw it in a bin? might be a clusterfuck but at the same time im sure id be able to tell what parts belong to who
>>
>>6110647
anything other than inferences as a source on that?
>>
File: nuvakalbox.jpg-414174410.jpg (24KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
nuvakalbox.jpg-414174410.jpg
24KB, 300x465px
>>6110647

LEGO won't bat an eye if we boycot it's products. We're a small consumer base. Most of LEGO's profit comes from kids and their parents. Ninjago, Batman, Star Wars etc.
Remember the petitions for mask packs? That was the biggest rally of the fanbase. LEGO just ignored the community and the opportunity to make some profit. If the fanbase achieved nothing at it's peak, it won't achieve anything now. Not to mention that continuing a theme is more expensive, complex and risky than mask packs, so why would they do it if they didn't do the simpler thing that'd bring in profit.
>>
>>6111422
>Lego ignored the community

They tried to meet halfway by giving most of the sets an extra mask. Yeah, it was a
>cheese gold color
but they didn't do nothing.
>>
File: RebelNature concept lab.jpg (155KB, 1227x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RebelNature concept lab.jpg
155KB, 1227x1600px
>please notice me LEGO-sempai
>we can use more CCBS with these ideas
>imagine submarine technicCCBS mix sempai kids loves underwater
>s-sempai pls stop sucking Mickey's dick
>no?
>o-okay
>>
File: nanjsasasgijsoafa.jpg (681KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nanjsasasgijsoafa.jpg
681KB, 1600x900px
just tried this outside. driving it on snow is fun as hell
>>
File: icemonster-new3-gvozdom.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
icemonster-new3-gvozdom.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
So smooth.
>>
>>6111844
this is amazing
it was posted on EB, a shame nobody gives a fat shit about Bionicle down there
>>
>>6111844

Love this guy, lots of techniques I want to reuse.

>>6111970

Bionicle discussion on EB has pretty much died after the cancellation.
>>
>>6111688
As much as I respect the work Faber has done for Bionicle and Lego as a whole, his personal stuff doesn't seem nearly as intriguing.
>>
>>6111842
is that safe?
>>
>>6111844
That's heresy but I believe it
>>
File: IMG_6664.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6664.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Hopefully some Slizer/Roborider vs. Transformers/Mega Blox Halo Guys action kickstarts this thread
>>
>>6112164
Fuck off Greg
>>
File: Get In The Fucking Box.jpg (472KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Get In The Fucking Box.jpg
472KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>6113022
Liking the twins you have at the bottom that seem to be driving the roboriders.

Think we could see more pics of the big yellow guy?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>6113199
The little guys I built when I didn't really have any actual Slizers so I made my own - the tan and black ones design I totally lifted from Logan McOwen on Flickr (he actually has some other Slizer Mocs that are really cool and unique).

The big guy, Metatrocules, I made during the peak of my obsession with Slizers when I was writing Slizer reboots and shit. The idea goes that there's actually several "Judge" Slozers, and he's among the oldest.
>>
>>6112467
not perfectly safe, but okayish with proper precautions.
>>
>>6107780
chuckled
wtf
>>
>>6111688
That girl looks cute.

And with the push for more girl lead characters, why wouldn't you jump on it?
>>
>>6113119
>got any change?
>>
>had skull warrior snd scorpio disassembled in skull warriors box
>decide to properly sepearate them and bag them
>way too many missing pieces

What the fuck? All i did was put them in a box
>>
File: 20170107_115803.jpg (2MB, 4075x782px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_115803.jpg
2MB, 4075x782px
Got muh masks. Even converted the G1 VA hi isn't a G2 mask.

Got my own 3d printer on the way so that I can start making custom masks.
>>
It's time to go back and correct the mistakes of the Bionicle Reboot!
>>
File: 20170107_120254.jpg (2MB, 1166x3179px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_120254.jpg
2MB, 1166x3179px
>>6113927
Fucking forgot the picture
>>
File: 20170107_120147.jpg (3MB, 1532x3357px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_120147.jpg
3MB, 1532x3357px
Oh shit, we ended up in the G1 times.
>>
>>6113932
>>6113922
Shit, which Mask of Time do I order? The worn version or the pedestal version?

I also assume I should get it in orange to match the G1 version
>>
How come everyone loves Faber but Bob Thompson is never even mentioned
>>
>>6114098
He was never that "public" to the fandom (except for when it came to the Miramax films) and left halfway through. Most fans just know Greg and Faber, especially since they have still given out info about the line until recently.
>>
>>6113922
Did he finally update the villager scale to the same model as the titan scale? Watchu got right there?
>>
>>6114098
I'm pretty sure everyone knows him tho.
>>
File: IMG_20170107_214117.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170107_214117.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
So this is /technic/ now, huh? I actually bought a thing a few days ago. Also I tried to make this into some kind of ratrod and I have to say you can lower it quite significantly.
>>
>>6113922
Does the G1 Mask of Time and the G2 one connect?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>have g2 creatures assembled and thrown in a box like this
>some joints feel brand new, some feel loose but i cant tell if its my imagination or not

Am i fucking my bionicles long term storing them like this
>>
>>6114173
Looks cool, fuck stickers though
>>
>>6114173
hello fellow germanfag
>>
>>6114153
I got the villager scale,it works really well.

>>6113981
I got the worn version. I didnt like the mouth gap that the pedestal version has.
>>
>>6114173
Honestly, if were gonna get car posters in here, then im fine with us being /tecgen/
>>
>>6114221
I think three things decay the tightness of joints over time. Attaching a socket piece to a ball piece, posing the figure and putting a really heavy weapon in its hands which drags it down. Small figures like these with light limbs shouldn't be a problem.
>>
now we know 2 of the 6 summer 2017 SW figures:

75531 - Stormtrooper Commander buildable figure (€ 32.99)
75532 - Scout Trooper & Speederbike buildable figure (€ 65.99)
>>
>>6114740
>Those prices
wew
>>
Does anyone know what the updates to the shapeways MoUP were? I ordered mine back in October and want to know if the changes are significant enough to warrant buying it, or if they are so minor as to not really be noticeable.

Thanks
>>
>>6114835
You'll have to check Cyberhand's posts on TTV; he posts updates frequently. Or, you know, ask him.
>>
>>6114740
>Speederbike CCBS/Technic

Alright, I'm at least semi-interested on how well this turns out.
>>
>>6107768
thx for reminding me of what used to be.
>>
>>6114740
75532 - Scout Trooper & Speederbike buildable figure

that sounds dope as fuck, I was sad bionicle g2 never got any vehicles
>>
File: 71803-product-silo.png (353KB, 480x845px) Image search: [Google]
71803-product-silo.png
353KB, 480x845px
>>6114740
where did you get this info?

so 75531 will be a model of this?
>>
>>6114740
>>6114930
Scout trooper was my favourite trooper as a kid, so hopefully they can pull it off right
>>
>>6114942

My favourite trooper is Competent Trooper. Sadly, he hasn't appeared in any of the movies or shows.
But I'd settle for a Dark Trooper, or at least a Clone Commando.
>>
>>6114740
if that speederbike set is any good thatll be a definite buy
>>
>>6115005
I wonder if the speederbike will be mainly technic or mainly system
>>
>>6115016
Almost certainly a ccbs figure on a technic vehicle a la Hero Factory's Speeda Demon
>>
>>6115078
If this set works out well I definitely want to see more figure/vehicle combos
>>
>>6107768
the only lego sets I had with magnets were the train ones
>>
File: IMG_20170108_121851234.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170108_121851234.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
r8 me bonk
>>
So what are some headcanon endings for G2 you guys made? JtO was just way too much of a disappointment and to me ruined what little potential the lore had. This is what I got.

>Ekimu and Makuta were aware from the beginning that a darkness would fall over Okoto and they would need to summon the Toa
>while Ekimu had faith in the prophecy Makuta did not
>he was afraid of the thought of 6 Gods coming down from the heavens and seizing control of the island and its people
>so while we were lead to believe Makuta was a jealous, corrupt individual, he in fact was only trying to halt the dark times from ever happening
>he was trying to cheat destiny to save the island
>so he makes the MoUP, and in doind so, he comes to the realization that he himself is the catalyst that brings about the darkness
>from then on he wishes to destroy the island out of spite of the Gods, simply playing the role of the doombringer that they had forced upon him

I just feel like out of G2, the dynamic of Makuta being a fallen hero would've been one of the coolest twists.
>>
>>6115755
I just like to imagine a third year where Makuta takes over Okoto and the Toa have to use the Mask of Time to prevent the EVIL THAT IS AKU
>>
>>6115592
It looks really good, but black and silver is getting a little old.
>>
>>6115879
Black and silver is basically the only pieces that I have bulk access to. Rest of my pieces we're given away.
>>
Should I be worried about parts being damaged if they're near a hot water pipe?
>>
>>6116060
>stress
>warmth
>moisture
>sunlight/UV lamps/blacklight
>cold
>certain oils
>just being connected too long

By now I don't know what DOESN'T damage bricks.
>>
>>6116060
Assuming that a hot water pipe should't get over 100C you should be safe,
Keep in mind, lego bricks are made in abs, which melts at ~220C, but it became brittle if kept over 105 for some time
>>
>>6115997
>Rest of my pieces we're given away.
Fuck, I got angry just reading that. Good luck getting any of it back.
>>
>>6115755
I like your headcanon backstory with the "believing or not believing in prophecy" thing.
>Agil and Umarak are the only elemental creatures from Okoto, the Toa themselves are the "creatures", only split up into 12 separate entities after years of being lost in translation
>Year 1 is when they master their element, Year 2 is them finally using actual mask powers like shielding and shit
>get around the whole "mixing elements is bad" thing by instead mixing their mask powers so all of them can fight using one another's elements against Makuta (shielding to protect them from being burned, X-ray vision so they can see through the blizzardy mess, etc.)
>it doesn't actually seal him, but instead shaves off much of his mass and lets him finally fit through the portal so they can actually fight him

For Umarak:
>Destroyer doesn't exist, Hunter is simply possessed by MoCo
>Beasts are only created when Umarak loses conscious focus over his traps
>was a smaller form early in life, just a black Agil pretty much
>only got bigger out of jealousy with his more popular brother, like Makuta
>returns to smaller size when Makuta finally returns through the portal, revealing to Ekimu that Umarak was the bird he had before shit hit the fan

For villagers:
>There's some clever chucklefucks in every village mass producing weapons and training armed defense groups now that the Skull guys are mostly gone and they now know the dangers of not being prepared
>>
>>6116078
how to not damage bricks:

keep them in their factory box in a constant temperature room around 5-20 C

Some of the summer 16 wave bionicles ive only had since like september already have loose joints
>>
>find a lego star wars starscavenger on sale for 20 USD
>think its a good deal so I pick it up
>get home and later check out jangs review
>turns out its a shitty set that everyone hates

god damn it, but atleast I didnt pay full price for it

(also posting this here because /lg/ only likes creator)
>>
>>6115755
the thing that triggered me most about JtO was making kopaka the retarded one. wasnt he supposed to be the smart one? every toa's personality sucked except for maybe lewa
>>
>>6116116
I don't remember any of the Toa except Lewa and Pohatu having anything resembling personality.
>>
>>6116116
Onua wasn't too bad just a bit generic and plain. He was the only one who ever did anything or had a plan if I remember.
>>
>>6116116
>>6116119
Onua was the smart one. Kopaka was the autist
and while we're at it,
Lewa was the jolly rogue
Pohatu was the nice guy
Tahu was the irritable asshole
Gali was the girl
very complex and engaging characters
>>
Do we prefer Australian badass Pohatu or Cheerful G1 Pohatu?
>>
>>6116194
Mad Maxhatu
>>
>>6116194
I'd prefer a mix of both.

>cheerful as fuck but gets immediately pissy about various topics
>>
File: dankmemes.jpg (244KB, 1058x1004px) Image search: [Google]
dankmemes.jpg
244KB, 1058x1004px
>>6115755

Some stuff I'm thinking of incorporating in my version of G2:

>though Makuta is seemingly the main antagonist, the real big bad and is the Mask of Ultimate Power itself who is using him (though the doesn't realize it)
>Umarak and possibly other characters are Elemental Creatures turned evil (not sure how to this ties into the canon Creatures, though)
>Makuta has other lieutenants besides Umarak (though they might or not work for the Mask), like the scrapped villains for the art book

And of course this influences how I would've done the 2017 story. Point 1 could've been still worked into it by having Makuta die (and maybe Ekimu as well?) in the first half of the year and the Mask take over as the final boss.
>>
>>6116194

I like G2 Pohatu better. He exemplified more likable characteristics and was more dependable.

>>6116238

>"Ello m8, grab a cold one and join me. The game is on the tely."
>Pohatu is refering to the kolhi game
>Today it's Po-Koro vs Ga-Koro
>The Po-Koro team enters the playing field. Their eyeslits are slanted
>Pohatu sprays out a mouthful of beer
>"FAKEEN SLANTIES AIN'T AUSSIES!"
>>
So I'm going to order a matte gold Vahi tonight. Everyone else has been getting their steel masks polished, and from what videos and photos I see floating around, the matte finish is closer in shade to Lego's gold plastic.

I will of course post pics when it shows up. I really want Cyberhand to update his villager scale MoUP though. That's the last piece I need to wrap up G2.
>>
>>6116194
G1 pohatu, anyone who picks G2 pohatu is a fukken cunt
>>
>>6116078
>just being connected too long
So keeping my Bonkles together is a slow death?
>>
>>6116194
Having read all the books, I like G1 Pohatu better, but only surrounded by the other G1 Toa. The G2 Toa basically got along after the first arc, so there wasn't much need for an arbitrator like G1 Pohatu. The G1 Toa, on the other hand, had much more tension and could be very caustic at times, giving Pohatu a much more vital role in the group.

G2 Pohatu, on the other hand, was nothing but trouble.
>>
so who at Lego was responsible for how Bionicle was handled? Did he grow up with bionicle as a shut in home schooled christian child?
>>
>>6116838
Pretty much
>>6109755
>>
Any of you have the instructions to that JtO Makuta from a while back?
>>
>>6116194
>That scene in MNOLG where he enters the Nui Jaga's nest and all you hear are his robotic footsteps as they descend down the stair

Still gives me goosebumps.
>>
>>6115755
>We never got a "Would You Kindly" twist where the Toa have been manipulated by Ekimu all along so he can destroy Makuta and take the MOUP for himself
>>
>>6117149
>and then Mata-Nui out of nowhere
>>
>>6115755
In my headcanon, Skull Slicer emerges back into the city freed from evil control, and becomes a beloved ancient celebrity for the local kids. Working as a sports coach, he dishes out arena tactics aggressively to his trainees, but every time he tries to perform his famous moves, he falls apart. Ekimu, being a dick, creates the Mask of Laugh Tracks and orders someone to follow SS around and activate it at the right moments.
>>
File: 20170108_172302-50233301.jpg (175KB, 685x820px) Image search: [Google]
20170108_172302-50233301.jpg
175KB, 685x820px
You know what? Uniter Pohatu's palette isn't half bad. It's just lighter as a whole. It looks better when you swap out the dark orange rather than increase it.
What I don't like is the proportions. This wave's upper arms were crappy and kinda skinny and the waists were superthin as always, which I never liked.
Here's what it looks like on a standard skeleton. Not bad, though his arms need to be rebuilt, and his chest is large.
Both years have their pros and cons, and I think we should combine them. The Masters have the printed chests, while the Uniters have better normal masks, especially for the three smaller sets who have silver as a secondary colour. But I just can't moc a satisfying custom body that uses the superchest piece.
>>
>>6117674

>Both years have their pros and cons, and I think we should combine them. The Masters have the printed chests, while the Uniters have better normal masks, especially for the three smaller sets who have silver as a secondary colour. But I just can't moc a satisfying custom body that uses the superchest piece.

I find the Masters have better weapons and masks for the most part, but I like the Uniters' proportions more, especially the taller torso (the Masters' torsos were looked squashed to me).
Combining the two things isn't always easy, though. It was with Kopaka and Onua, and with Gali and Lewa in a way as well. With Tahu I decided that it's better to rebuild Master in a Uniter body and keep the official Uniter form as a special power up. And with Pohatu, it's a nightmare.

>You know what? Uniter Pohatu's palette isn't half bad. It's just lighter as a whole. It looks better when you swap out the dark orange rather than increase it.

I wish I could find a way to compliment that that doesn't trigger my autism, though. I'm thinking of ditching silver altogether on him and replacing it with gunmetal (which looks great with dark tan). Problem is that I hate his Master mask and his Uniter mask has silver. Maybe I should ditch dark orange, too? But I would be left with a dark tan, gunmetal and trans lime Pohatu. Not bad, reminds me of Hewkii Inika. But his Mask would still be gold.
Pohatu is just a living headache no matter how you look at him. Hardest Toa to MOC with.
>>
File: Pohatu_Fix.jpg (336KB, 941x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Pohatu_Fix.jpg
336KB, 941x1256px
>>6117718
Just replace his silver shoulders. It does wonders for the colour distribution
>>
File: Gali_Fix.jpg (385KB, 941x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Gali_Fix.jpg
385KB, 941x1256px
While I'm at it here's my 'most minimal changes possible' Gali fix as well
>>
>>6118026

That does look better already.
>>
File: Ketar_Fix.jpg (293KB, 1256x941px) Image search: [Google]
Ketar_Fix.jpg
293KB, 1256x941px
>>6118053
You'll need a spare Ketar in order to get two, but he looks better if you swap him one of the silver ones.
>>
>>6118057

Neat, though I don't plan on buying Ketar. I want to Bricklink a few dark tan Vorox shells though, not just for Pohatu.

I think all Creatures should've gone the way of Ikir and Uxar, forgoing the main elemental color completely (red and green in their case), to make them more ethereal.
>>
>>6116194
I really liked the friendly, jokester G1 Pohatu that made a perfect foil to Kopaka. Because of that, I have a hard time liking G2 Pohatu over the original. Not that G2 Pohatu is bad - he's pretty great - but the first one just sticks with me more. The special relationship with Kopaka just wasn't present in the second run.
>>
File: Tahu284435205.png (322KB, 1911x901px) Image search: [Google]
Tahu284435205.png
322KB, 1911x901px
>>6117718
>the Masters' torsos were looked squashed to me)

Hear hear. Master Tahu looks like an EqG with his megalegs. And his shoulder pads add to the length of his arms. I made a downsized version in LDD, but I don't have the parts to moc it.

>his Uniter mask has silver

I think dual masks blend palettes nicely. I want to make an upgraded Master (bulked up body, raised shoulders, no gearbox, heresy hands) and use his Uniter mask to tie together the dark orange and silver in his body, and use a trans lime green eyestalk and studs to increase the colour's presence.

As for his Uniter form, I think the lighter shade of the feet and crystal shells is going to stand out next to gunmetal. Personally I'm perfectly happy with the colours when he has his golden mask on. It's his shape that bothers me. I think his silver stands for grey rock. One of the things I want to do is to give him UtD's skull and a trans lime green eyestalk, so as to look like it's his entire head that shifts from gold to green rather than just his mask. And I'd give him a silver body with trans lime green bones, studs and bohrok eyes to represent the stone body in the concept art. But again, I don't have the parts. Feel free to try it yourself if you want.

>>6118026

Oi mate! I'm the anon who posted the LoSS with the gutmouth so long ago. Your response was to post "I am defeated" along with a picture of your LoSS dismembered. That's one of my top three fondest memories here, because I like your stuff and it felt nice to be praised.

My disk died a while back and I lost a lot of stuff. Do you happen to have any pics of my dude or that one of yours?
>>
File: Pohatus 11556773496.png (384KB, 1911x901px) Image search: [Google]
Pohatus 11556773496.png
384KB, 1911x901px
The left is the vanila set and the middle one has a custom skeleton and abs. The right one is my best so far but not good enough. I used the skelly shell because it's bulkier than the actually "living" body shell, and filled it's inside with stuff to seem as if it's segmented armor over Pohatu's body rather than a metallic fishbone.

>>6118425

I loved how G2 Pohatu quietly snapped and threw a big ass boulder on the city's door. G1 Pohatu would had tried to keep the spirits high and the infighting down while Gali tried to read some encription or Onua dug under the wall.
>>
File: Pohatus 2-50233301.png (422KB, 1911x901px) Image search: [Google]
Pohatus 2-50233301.png
422KB, 1911x901px
>>
File: well fuck.png (2MB, 885x1180px) Image search: [Google]
well fuck.png
2MB, 885x1180px
>>6118438
I remember that!

changed computers since then and a lot of my stuff is still on backup but for some reason I still have this one
>>
File: 0032.jpg (505KB, 2476x1484px) Image search: [Google]
0032.jpg
505KB, 2476x1484px
Keep /biog/ alive, Join the Discord.

https://discord.gg/wWehshZ
>>
File: 1456211432328.jpg (77KB, 1000x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1456211432328.jpg
77KB, 1000x1258px
>>6118593
>Discord
You are the problem.
>>
>>6118520
>I remember that!

Hah! I was watching South Park when you posted that. "Hey, 'member that moc? I 'member!". Thanks mate. The other two fond memories are the leaks of the G2 stand pictures, and the pictures and drawing of a moc that looked like a protector was fighting his way out of it's ass. Do you remember if you have those?
>>
>>6118637
>tfw one of the first to just ask Legoland to ship the fucking things out, got like 20

Props to you, fellow TGNManon.
>>
>>6116871
the CEO
>>
>>6118637
Except the Discord community we have going is about 10 times more active than this place is. These threads are going to fade into obscurity and you're going to wish you had a place to go from there.
>>
File: IMG_1147.jpg (670KB, 2052x1533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1147.jpg
670KB, 2052x1533px
Sad g2 nvr got a vehicles.
Made my own for kulta, had to stars-ify him thou
>>
>>6119117
>10 times more active than this place is
I don't know how many dying generals I have to post this in before people get it. Diverting posts away from a thread that requires regular posts to stay relevant is a bad idea. You killed /biog/.
>>
>>6119122
Is that the HYPE TRAIN?
>>
>>6119117
Post it pls?
>>
>>6119491
The Hearse Express
>>
File: 1483948345882.jpg (212KB, 487x452px) Image search: [Google]
1483948345882.jpg
212KB, 487x452px
>>6119122

>that front cannon
>>
File: Kejeku the Beast Lord.jpg (280KB, 1180x885px) Image search: [Google]
Kejeku the Beast Lord.jpg
280KB, 1180x885px
>>6119122
>sad G2 never got vehicles
word
>>
Can someone who owns Lava Beast tell me one thing?
The green spots on his chest decal, what shade are they exactly (lime? Spring green? Etc)?
>>
File: 44019-1.jpg-984288065.jpg (57KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
44019-1.jpg-984288065.jpg
57KB, 480x480px
>>6119528

Ugh that face...At least the minifig turned out better with it's disgusted expression. It looks especially funny in pic related where he looks disgusted to have picked up an icky bug and is trying to hold it with as few fingers as possible.
>>
>>6119635
To be fair, would you want to grab man-sized killer bug with all fingers, even if you were in a mech?
>>
>>6119712

A cockroach ran over my foot in the shower once. I almost fucking lost my sanity. I'd totally grab and squash bugs with my mech's arm. I mean, the cockpit is open on the sides. I don't want them getting in and touching me with their repulsive arthropod undersides.
>>
>>6119623
Lime.
>>
>>6119759
Get on my level. I once had a bug stuck on my hair while visiting a friend, and all three of us were freaking out and jumping all over the place, but no one wanted to touch it
>>
>pick up Jango Fett after weeks
>the bottom of the goblet on the rocket is cracked

How the hell does this keep happen?
It feels like bricks are starting to crack left and right in recent times, even when on display.
>>
File: Eramsi6.jpg (341KB, 1250x1727px) Image search: [Google]
Eramsi6.jpg
341KB, 1250x1727px
got a moc I forgot to post here
>>
File: haagenti_1.jpg (162KB, 1250x828px) Image search: [Google]
haagenti_1.jpg
162KB, 1250x828px
a lot of you have probably seen it on other sites already though
>>
File: Eramsi2.jpg (242KB, 1250x828px) Image search: [Google]
Eramsi2.jpg
242KB, 1250x828px
I'm particularly proud of the glove/gauntlet thing. Whole build started from the use of the hero factory leg armor as a collar. It also has functional shoulder blades, but I can never seem to be able to make interesting legs.
>>
>>6108334
Damn, know I want yo build this...
>>
File: 20160607_183536.jpg (667KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20160607_183536.jpg
667KB, 2064x1161px
>>6114173
>>
>Mask of Time has shipped
>working on my final minor tweaks to the Toa

getting rid of Pohatu Uniter's spear really helps his silhouette. I've given him a spiky buckler shield thing to make him look more knightly instead
>>
>>6119860
that's hot
>>
>>6114173

I might not speak for everyone, but as a Bionicle fun I really enjoy building with Technic parts, so I'm all for Technic fans joining us. We're distant cousins in a way.
>>
>>6119860
Nice clock
Fuck phone alarms
>>
>>6119815
>>6119816
>>6119818
Nice. I dig the HF leg armor as a collar and the gauntlet is just sick
>>
>>6118593
Fuck that pony shit
>>
>>6120257
fuk you, Hasbro makes ponies so they're good
>>
>>6120257
pony shit? what?
>>
>>6119492
see
>>6118593

>>6119451
Are you serious? It's a chatgroup for more personal interactions, shit unable to be done via boards to this level.
>>
File: wtf am i reading.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
wtf am i reading.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>>6120413
Yeah, I am serious. If someone in your circlejerk chatroom posts an image or starts a topic of conversation that would otherwise be fine in the general, and doesn't post it in the general, it's detrimental to the general's health. We had almost 2 whole threads where the discord link was posted, while the general was struggling, and now we have no /biog/. What are you not understanding?
>more personal interactions
Which is ultimately not what 4chan, and /biog/, by extension are for. If you want a name attached to everything you post, go to TTV, or get a tripcode so I can filter you.
>shit unable to be done via boards to this level
pic related, mfw
>>
>>6119788

Are you an aussie?
>>
>>6119813
lego trying to save money
>>
>>6120481
I agree with this anon, discord is inadvertently killing /biog/ (or already did)
>>
>>6120651
well how many posters do we usually get?

The discord has less than 15 regular posters, how exactly is that detrimental to posting here?
>>
>>6120699
probably losing 15-30 posts a day
>>
...and it's far from anything resembling a circlejerk, if you think this is a bad situation you should see /vg/. Political discussions in off topic can get echo-chambery, other than that there's nothing bad I can see... Tripfags have never really been a thing in /biog/ aside from 3... 4 people at most, who were generally told to fuck off. The discord isn't about people who wank to the attention they get.

>>6120707
Bear in mind that the /biog/ discord isn't the only discord with a bionicle topic - The format is basically like this in the other three I've seen (one is a facebook group, unrelated to 4chan). I wonder if people are getting their fix of largely unmoderated bionicle discussion in more places now (not to say /biog/ was ever the only one of course).

I have seen a few other posters with identities elsewhere in the community that have posted stuff in /biog/ before that are now taking their wips and mocs to discords to discuss them.

The criticism is sensible but the discord isn't exactly pointless.

More than anything else, it's useful for more personal business like b/s/t, you can directly contact someone and keep your emails/whatever private.
>>
>>6120727
Ive been to vg and know for a fact 90% of it is "I WANT TO LICK X WAIFUS FEET!!!" and 10% actual game discusion

I dont MOC, so I dont see any reason to visit your discord
>>
File: 1481393620945.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1481393620945.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
I really wish Star Wars ccbs wasn't so fucking overpriced
>>
File: icemonster chogokin and bravery.jpg (1MB, 1381x1700px) Image search: [Google]
icemonster chogokin and bravery.jpg
1MB, 1381x1700px
I'm fucking jealous.
>>
>>6120857
That is beautiful. Wow. It looks so seamless. Not sure how the back looks, and the knees look a little wonky, but very nice nonetheless.
>>
>>
>>6120857
jesus christ how does he do it
>>
File: 1482296222777.png (241KB, 725x521px) Image search: [Google]
1482296222777.png
241KB, 725x521px
it's been fucking years since i had legos or bionicles
what the fuck happened to bionicles?
my favorite sets were the knights and mars ones with green aliens and shit
not the faggy green or red knights but the ones that went to war with a bunch of skeletons
>>
>>6120922
Basically, Bionicle got a reboot in 2015, didn't recieve much advertising, then got canceled again last summer for not selling well due to said lack of advertising (And maybe to boost sales for Ster Wers CCBS, but the jury's still out on whether or not that's true or not).
>>
>>6119815
Damn, that torso is really sweet. I've never seen the HF leg armor as a collar/neck cover.
If you upgrade those legs a bit I think you got a 10/10 MOC on your hands.
>>
File: 1462092316784.jpg (51KB, 332x439px) Image search: [Google]
1462092316784.jpg
51KB, 332x439px
>>6120857
>>6120878

Holy moley
>>
Can someone post a few pictures of Tahu wearing the corrupt mask? I want to see if the trans green clashes with his colours. Also, is the red overly bright or transparent? Does it clash with his vanila red?
>>
File: 24148pb03157342348.png (175KB, 320x372px) Image search: [Google]
24148pb03157342348.png
175KB, 320x372px
Forgot pic.
>>
>>6121427
>his vanila red?
Those two parts on his feet? Hardly
>>
>>6121512

The reason I'm asking is because I like the mold but I hate Tahu as a set and I'm considering getting Lava Beast instead and mocing a Uniter Tahu of my own. The corrupted mask looks like Tahu's head is on fire, but I'm worried that the red will be too vibrant and the green will stand out too much on a red moc with trans orange pieces.
No sales in my country and limited budget, see. I can only get either set.
>>
File: IMG_20170111_223254.jpg (2MB, 2698x2771px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170111_223254.jpg
2MB, 2698x2771px
Today I built pic related. Were there any actual emergency responses of firefighters? I mean they didn't need police since they had the Vahki, but I imagine an industrial city like Metru Nui needed some response Matoran, right?
>>
File: ghekula.png (112KB, 254x254px) Image search: [Google]
ghekula.png
112KB, 254x254px
>>6121967
>I can read matoran with ease
>>
>>6122154
The letters are all loosely based on roman letters. If you remember that it's easy
>>
>>6121929
The red from the corrupted mask looks closer to the standard red then the red/silver one from Tahu. The one with the silver actually looks borderline metru red because the silver makes it so dark. You're better off getting the Lava Beast.
>>
>>6122154
"not all heroes are toa"
"metru nui" and then that's all I can read without having to look at a guide.
>>
File: Matoran_Alphabet.jpg (83KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Matoran_Alphabet.jpg
83KB, 500x400px
>>6122154
>I can read matoran with ease

I just read pic related for the first time and managed to understand the text on that pic too, it's really easy to remember.

Why can't moonrunes by this way too?
>>
>>6122305
It says Metru Nui Emergency Response
>>
>>6122255
>The red from the corrupted mask looks closer to the standard red then the red/silver one from Tahu.

Oh okay then, I'll ge-

>The one with the silver actually looks borderline metru red

Damn. I have no design in mind but I want to make a tan/metru red moc at some point.
>>
>>6122310
Why do the numbers repeat?
>>
>>6122835
Circle in the middle from 6-9 is slightly larger. It should be a closed circle, shit's retarded.

How the fuck would anyone know if they found some matoran letters carved into a stone somewhere?
>>
File: Paravahi.jpg (375KB, 941x1675px) Image search: [Google]
Paravahi.jpg
375KB, 941x1675px
>"Time is on our side, now!"

This thing is beautiful
>>
>>6123322
That's Cyberhand's correct?
>>
>>6123416
Yes. Imo his is the only one competently portrayed. Ditto for his MoUP.
>>
>>6123416
It sure is. Bless the man for offering it in orange
>>
File: 1442581656417.jpg (15KB, 462x501px) Image search: [Google]
1442581656417.jpg
15KB, 462x501px
>tfw you finally have a Ketar fix you like
>>
>>6123322
>>6123500
>tfw I only have gold Vahi
>>
>>6122395
lava beast was probably my favourite build out of all g2. I definitely recommend him
>>
>>6123770
Alright people, post best Bionicle sets from each group of six / wave / titans

Best Protector 2015: Vizuna (Jungle)
Best Toa 2015: Onua
Best Villain 2015: Basher
Best Titan 2015: Ekimu and Grinder
Best Creature 2016: Ikir
Best Toa 2016: Pohatu
Best Villain 2015: Lava Beast
Best Titan 2016: Umarak the Hunter
>>
>>6123943
I'm stupid and forgot Ekimu. Drop Pohatu off my list.
>>
>>6123943
15 Protector: Korgot
15 Toa: Onua
15 Villain: Skull Slicer

16 Creature: Uxar
16 Toa: Ekimu
16 Villain: Umarak the Hunter
>>
>>6123530
Don't SHOW us or anything

(Please show us tho)
>>
How does it feel knowing Nexo Knights got "mask packs" ?
>>
>>6123943

>>6123943

Protector: Izotor
Toa: Kopaka
Villain: Skull Basher

Creature: Uxar
Toa: Kopaka (might change once I get Ekimu)
Villain: Umarak the Hunter
>>
File: Ekimu1.jpg (350KB, 941x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Ekimu1.jpg
350KB, 941x1256px
>>6124110
Ekimu is the perfect Toa set
>>
>>6124087
Can't show a picture at the moment. In short, lop off his big swords in favour of another pair of legs (so his 'action feature' is scuttling along) then replace the old Bionicle 'hand' on his tail with a dark grey one and stick a 2016 crystal sword piece there instead of an IFB spike

Finish off by replacing his gunmetal unity piece and dark tan vorox armor with flat silver versions
>>
>>6123943
>Best Protector: Protector of Earth
>Best 2015 Toa: Kopaka
>Best Skeleton: Grinder
>Best Creature: Ikir
>Best 2016 Toa: Pohatu
>Best Beast: Quake Beast
>Best Titan: Umarak the Hunter
>>
>>6123943
Protector: Herbs and Spices
Master: Onua
Villain: Skull Grinder

Beast: Ikir
Uniter: Tahu
Villain: Umarak the Hunter
>>
>>6123943
Protector - I really like protector of fire for some reason, but stone is probably overall best
Toa - gali
Villian - skull grinder

Creature - ikir
Toa - kopaka is my favourite but ekimu is the best
Villian - lava beast
>>
File: Jewmarak_the_merchant.png (729KB, 624x608px) Image search: [Google]
Jewmarak_the_merchant.png
729KB, 624x608px
>>6124118

I love how he looks, to the point I want to base my Onua revamp on his build. But getting him here (Italy) is almost impossible, both in stores and online (unless you intend to pay over 20 Euro). I'll probably end up bricklinking his unique recolours. We didn't even get Umarak.
>>
https://youtu.be/l3-gTORSuqc

What did they mean by this?
>>
File: unknown.png (513KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
513KB, 650x600px
Found this while browsing google for build ideas, I thought some of you might want to see it.
>>
>>6125236
Yeah, he's neat. I found him once too when browsing Biosector for fun.

But honestly, it's all sorts of flimsy and probably not worth building in this day and age.
>>
File: TechnicBoat 002.jpg (716KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
TechnicBoat 002.jpg
716KB, 2304x1728px
bueno
>>
File: IMG_20170113_194021.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170113_194021.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Got one Bricklink order and made a thing.

Will probably buy some more pieces and make stands for G2 golden masks as well
>>
File: 20170113_122117.jpg (850KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20170113_122117.jpg
850KB, 2064x1161px
>Find a technic set i want
>it's stupid expensive
> found a guy selling one for a non stupid price on ebay

off to a good 2017
>>
File: 20170113_122134.jpg (607KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20170113_122134.jpg
607KB, 2064x1161px
even has the original price price sticker on it
>>
>>6125529
inside the box: spider eggs
>>
>>6125526
I hope you will not get a faulty version!
>>
File: Furno-2113945088.png (275KB, 1911x901px) Image search: [Google]
Furno-2113945088.png
275KB, 1911x901px
So bored. Does anyone have any builds that use the superchest piece but not a body shell? Waist articulation would be nice but not necessary.
>>
Any good simple and poseable matoran/toa frames? Post em.
>>
>>6125169
io me lo sono fatto prendere da un'amica che passava dal lego store di arese, in generale l'ho visto molto poco rispetto a quelle orrende creature elementali (di cui salvo giusto la lavica)
>>
>>6125236
this is so japanese
>>
>>6126209
>Make Bionicle Great Again
>>
>>6126371
Yeah but the Japanese were really good at making combiners for the 01-03 years, their unofficial stuff was often better than the ones in the instructions

Like those Rahkshi combiners
>>
File: IMG_20170114_151619.jpg (1MB, 1840x2227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170114_151619.jpg
1MB, 1840x2227px
R8 my ultrabuild collection
>>
>>6126956
Star Wars/10
>>
>>6126209

Bestia Lavica è l'unica bestia che mi interessa in effetti, peccato che sia piuttosto rara. Ekimu è proprio introvabile. Peccato che un restock nei negozi a questo punto sembra proprio improbabile.

>>6126947

Barron pls
>>
>>6126956
Supporting bad business practices/10
>>
>>6127712
Joke's on you, everyone except Cody was bought on discount or was a gift.
>>
File: Fixing Umarak.jpg (918KB, 1000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Fixing Umarak.jpg
918KB, 1000x3000px
So is there anything like this for the other beasts?
>>
>>6111422
>>6111567
Mask packs would have made it so much better. With the masks we were given it would feel stale very, very quickly. At least for me...
>>
File: SB_Fix_Front.jpg (344KB, 941x1256px) Image search: [Google]
SB_Fix_Front.jpg
344KB, 941x1256px
>>6128217
There sure is! I've yet to do tutorial images for them, though.

Stay tuned, as the last piece for my Ketar fix is coming from bricklink soon and I intend to do these sorts of instructions for all my little fixes - that is, if anyone's interested.
>>
File: droideka.jpg (203KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
droideka.jpg
203KB, 1200x750px
>>6128332
I know I'm interested. Even seeing the process of fixes and minor mods can give way to new ideas of more elaborate things.

Have a bionicle based destroyer droid picture I saved to inspire me. XD
>>
>>6106138
Seconding interest.
>>
File: checklist complete.png (3MB, 1164x1893px) Image search: [Google]
checklist complete.png
3MB, 1164x1893px
ALRIGHT NIGGERS, IT'S COLLECTION POSTAN TIME.

Personal checklists will be followed by templates.
>>
File: mask checklist complete.png (2MB, 1160x1894px) Image search: [Google]
mask checklist complete.png
2MB, 1160x1894px
>>6128814
I still need to finish this one, just filled out the necessities so far.
>>
File: checklist template.png (3MB, 1164x1893px) Image search: [Google]
checklist template.png
3MB, 1164x1893px
>>6128816
Set template. These are really the only two checklists I have saved.
>>
File: 15676603033_9807031964_o.png (2MB, 1160x1894px) Image search: [Google]
15676603033_9807031964_o.png
2MB, 1160x1894px
>>6128819
And mask template, if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>6128821
>24k gold and platinum masks on the checklist
For what purpose

No, really. They aren't collectibles because you can't actually collect them all if you tried, so it's all wasted space. If you're going to add those you might as well add the yellow Ruru, the prototype Kanohi with codes on the front, the prototype 2015 Tahu mask, and the production sample of the MoUP.
>>
>>6109624
You haven't been around very long if you think this is the first thread to have this kind of stuff. I should know, I stopped coming to these threads because the last few weeks have been sorely lacking in it.
>>
Around how much should I expect to pay for all Bohrok Kals preowned?
>>
>>6120481
the community is what matters most.
so what if it moves to a different spot?
>>
>>6128447
I like this.
>>
File: bonkle.png (3MB, 1164x1893px) Image search: [Google]
bonkle.png
3MB, 1164x1893px
>>6128814
Fine. It should be somewhat accurate. Haven't checked in a while, but I don't think I've actualyl gotten anything new.
>>
>>6128892
Check Bricklink.
>>
File: mosks.png (2MB, 1160x1894px) Image search: [Google]
mosks.png
2MB, 1160x1894px
>>6128984
Most of the G1 masks are based on memory, but I'm sure that I have some of them without actually owning the set.

Not interested in getting full sets of mask pack masks. I'd just rather get the promotional ones.
>>
>>6128921
Not only does a chatroom encourage less thoughtful posts, but you neglect to realize that a Discord group is an isolated environment with no passive way to find it, no anonymity, and no outside input. That doesn't sound like a Bionicle general I want to be a part of. It's such a fertile medium to start a hugbox, you may as well use a regular forum. Or hell, someone register thebom.com or onukorohighway.net, that would be much better.
>>
>bionicles
Its a shame that bionicles are build with less parts since Hero Factory
>>
>>6129074
That's fundamentally incorrect. Jaller Mahri, for instance, consists of 67 parts; whereas even a smaller set like Uxar has 89
>>
File: IMG_20170115_134234.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_134234.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What does technic/ccbs general think of my first moc of 2017
>>
File: IMG_20170115_134551.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_134551.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>6129126
I call her Calamity, the angel of destruction
>>
File: IMG_20170115_134936.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_134936.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>6129126
>>
File: IMG_20170115_135215.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_135215.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>6129126
ready to fight
>>
File: IMG_20170115_134742.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_134742.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>6129126
poor good guy
>>
File: IMG_20170115_135659.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_135659.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>6129126
Her showing off her body
>>
File: 1484406342029.jpg (39KB, 561x456px) Image search: [Google]
1484406342029.jpg
39KB, 561x456px
>had a dream about bonkles
>realise that trans purple Mask of Control NEVER
>>
>>6129150
tiss was a sad time in 2016
>>
>>6129031
All that's true, we can still use the discord as a supplement though. Does it really have to be a competition?
>>
>>6129150
>Trans black MoUP never
>>
File: IMG_6120.jpg (175KB, 957x1077px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6120.jpg
175KB, 957x1077px
>>6129150
never say never

I've got the resin mask making process down pretty good, just need to get a hold of a good mask of control piece.
>>
>>6129195
wait I thought you meant MoUP

Well a mold of the mask of control may well happen. I was thinking of doing the masks of fire, water, and stone (I'm remaking molds of the first two masks).

Might be sensible to do a Mask of Control straight away instead of pohatu's mask.
>>
File: CollectionCropped.png (676KB, 774x864px) Image search: [Google]
CollectionCropped.png
676KB, 774x864px
>>6128814
Cropped out the years I'm not (currently) collecting for convenience.
Thinking of another UtD and bricklinking the parts for Doomarak but 2016 sets have blown up too much for that right now. Maybe someday.
>>
>>6128832
Hey I didn't make the template. I do agree having something that exclusive on a list is retarded.
>>
File: destroy.png (272KB, 637x359px) Image search: [Google]
destroy.png
272KB, 637x359px
>>6129191
As long as there's substantial or worthwhile content posted in the Discord that isn't mirrored here, yes, because that's parasitic, not supplemental. You may not see it as a split, but I guarantee there are people who chat in Discord that don't check or post in the thread, and vice versa. The benefits of having two channels for the same audience to discuss the same thing are outweighed by the drawbacks. And frankly having two channels for the same audience to discuss the same thing is pretty asinine to begin with, in my honest opinion fampai. The only way I can see coexistence working out is if the Discord was used exclusively for wip critique, off-topic talk, and shitposting.
>>
>>6129126
Jesus, dude, get a better camera.
I really like the torso and legs though. They're shaped well and seem to flow together. Arms and wings are a little basic, but no doubt you can improve them.
>>
File: DSC_0983.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0983.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
I wonder how long the BWE will last when kept together. The amount of stress the arm is under must be enormous.
>>
Remember when Eljay got triggered by a convo he made a post on here and a video? Good times.
>>
>>6130125
how old is his usual video base?

This guy is just gonna inadvertently expose a bunch of children to the existence of 4chan? How stupid.
>>
File: biog logo 9-02.png (92KB, 2100x2100px) Image search: [Google]
biog logo 9-02.png
92KB, 2100x2100px
Designed a logo for /biog/, feel free to use it as you like.
>>
File: did you know keet.jpg (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
did you know keet.jpg
95KB, 500x500px
>>
>>6130134
That's pretty cool dude
>>
>>6130304 new thread.
>>
>>6130134
They should be lime and cracked
>>
>>6110647
>We have only one chance: boycotting LEGO.

Bionicle and similar themes were only useful to sell shitty Technic parts to be barely assembled in some monster-like form.

I'm happy it was canceled. LEGO bricks are meant for cleanly designed things - be them vehicles, buildings, and such.

it took them quite a while to understand that 25% of their income comes from inspired and creative adults who don't give a shit about kid-targeted monsters.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.