[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'll be in Sacramento soon for a convention and was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So I'll be in Sacramento soon for a convention and was wondering if there was anywhere notable for geeks to visit there or if it's as boring as all the tourist websites make it out to be. Going to the Zoo and in and out but aside from that it just seems like there's nothing to do there.
>>
hey op im actually in a similar boat are you talking about sac anime? thats this weekend. i wasnt overly impressed with the vendors last year so your question is totally relevant. bumping for hopeful answer.
>>
There's a few escape rooms in the greater Sacramento area. If you head to old Sacramento there are a few neat shops; I know Evangelines has a neat costume section to tour upstairs and some joke stuff downstairs.
>>
>>6102641
>>6105480
I've lived in Sacramento for 3 years now, so maybe I can help. Before that I lived in the Bay Area.

Are you interested in museums at all? Taking a tour of the Capitol is interesting and free of charge. There's also a big park around and a ton of good restaurants right in downtown. It's within walking distance of SacAnime too. Sutter's Fort is a nice place to visit too.

If you're looking for more tourist type stuff, definitely check out Old Sacramento. Lots of stores, and you can walk along the river or take a tour. Good railroad museum there too. There are some good sushi restaurants in midtown, and there is a pretty large Asian (mostly Chinese and Vietnamese, but some Japanese) district very close to the Zoo. Check out Oto's market if you want Japanese alcohol or food.

If you're driving to Sac and will be here a while, you might even want to drive down to SF for a day trip. Japan Town has lots of restaurants and stores that are worth exploring. It's about a 1.5/2hr drive from Sac.
>>
I live in Sac. Its pretty slim pickings here but look up Worlds Best Comics in the plaza shopping center on Watt ave. They have a small selection of Gundams, Figmas, SH figuarts, Nendos, statue shit etc including comics. Really fair prices and they have good 40 -50% off sales every year.

There is also Old Sacramento which another poster mentioned above but its nothing really special.

There is a designer vinyl toy store called Dragatomi in midtown Sac that sells Kidrobot type things if you are into those.
>>
>>6106736

Oh yeah, The Zoo straight up fucking sucks. About an hour and a half tops of content. Make sure you don't plan it as a day event.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.