[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>BST sucks for selling >go to eBay >price below other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 12

File: s-l500.jpg (32KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
32KB, 353x500px
>BST sucks for selling
>go to eBay
>price below other sellers, business is still slow
>add best offers, only get 75% off lowball poorfags that think postage is actually a free service "why yes I'll sell you that big GI Joe vehicle for $8 and no extra shipping, I'll still make big bucks! Thank you for the money now, I didn't need $35 after all"

when did eBay get worse than this shithole for selling toys or literally anything else?
>>
tip: don't sell shit people don't care about
>GI Joe
why not just throw it into trash?
>>
>>6101918
>Hasbro
>trash

sounds right, since you have to be trash to collect it
>>
>>6101910

Started selling my collection of all kinds of shit in 2012 or so, had the same experience. And then if someone does buy something, they'll make you wait forever for payment or give you some ungodly horrible experience in whatever other way possible.

If you don't see stuff is selling for a particular amount consistently in "recent listings" you can say goodbye to any hopes of getting any reasonable amount, and you'll still have tons of listings end with x amount of watchers but no bids no matter how low you go. You'll then be made to feel as if everything you have is garbage from everyone else, or made out to be the devil because you're not BEING A BRO and asking for a mere couple of dollars or straight up donating and even paying for the shipping on top of it.

Fuck 'em all. Best thing to do is figure out whatever else you can do for money and donate the toys to goodwill if you really don't want them.
>>
>>6101910
Late 2014. About all that sold that Christmas was Generations Arcee. After Christmas, even they weren't worth dick. Oh, sure, people still cry about not having that figure, but they're too poor to pay the whopping $15.99 retail with their neet tugboat so fuck what they want.
>>
Best Offer sucks for 2 reasons-

1) every moron thinks they deserve 50% to 80% off, don't count on getting a 10% offer ever
2) eBay all but forces us to accept it

It's selected by default when we list, or when we relist. Even if you do disable it, they can still send manual offers by message with a fucking offer button in the seller reply message.

I bet in the next 6 months at most eBay will make it mandatory.
>>
>Why won't anyone pay over retail price for shit I bought
If your shit is priced right, it will sell. There's no two ways about it
>>
>>6101951
that's not the case, you clueless fucktard. No price seems to move some things despite demand. Fuck off back to sucking dick for a quarter a load then demanding bro prices in BST because you don't have real money, poorfag. Not that you will buy, even when you get your bro price, you still think you're being scammed.
>>
>>6101939
The level of poverty on display is ridiculous.

The real problem with "free" shipping is that people are too poor to buy more than 1 toy at a time. For what it costs to mail 2 Marvel Legends separately, I can mail a case of 8 together. I even do free shipping on orders of 6 or more. But in over 4 years, not once has somebody bought even 2 toys at the same time.

Combined shipping saves me hundreds of dollars every year.
>>
>>6101976
blame eBay not allowing you to refund the difference without it counting as a strike against you, and buyers having the mentality of raisins. You have to set up separate shipping costs or they get confused.
>>
File: hoarding trash.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
hoarding trash.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I always see these threads and wonder what you guys are selling and for how much.

Judging by the BST, and how most of that stuff is flavor of the month crap, the prices are almost always a rip. Better just to buy something new for $5-10 more (and sometimes LESS) than handle smelly used property from someone who isn't good in handling money.

I can only imagine your guys' bedrooms looking like this, with dust, hair, and splatters everywhere on the boxes you keep because you can't afford them.
>>
>sell shit only kids or adult autists would buy
>WHAAA why do I have such bad experience with buyers
>>
>>6102008
>>6102016

I'd worry about insulting you but you're not a paying customer to start with, just a crying faggot that has shit taste and no money because your parents pay your way through life.

And even if you did buy from me you sound too likely to file a scam Paypal claim to get free shit so it wouldn't be worth dealing with you.
>>
>>6102033
>implying I'd ever buy anything from /toy/
Well, maybe, but it'd have to be a really good deal.
Like i said, i'd rather buy brand new for a couple of bucks more than deal with someone who may or may not have hygiene problems and do basic weekly house cleaning.

>shit taste
Says the guy trying to get rid of his crap.
>>
>>6101910
>>add best offers, only get 75% off lowball poorfags that think postage is actually a free service "why yes I'll sell you that big GI Joe vehicle for $8 and no extra shipping, I'll still make big bucks! Thank you for the money now, I didn't need $35 after all"
I've noticed most toysellers on ebay either reject everything or they'll give 3% off or something and stick to it. On any sort of media and other collectibles I can usually get at least 10% off and sellers are willing to at least go back and forth a little bit.
>>
File: harleybooty1.png (2MB, 1080x1280px) Image search: [Google]
harleybooty1.png
2MB, 1080x1280px
>>
>>6101918
Keep collecting your figshiit manlets
>>
>>6102050
I've had some sellers auto-reject 50 cents off. Those sellers need to disable bets offers. I understand a reasonable offer, I've accepted more than a few, but if you want half off, then fuck off.

>>6102044
I hurt your feelings, I'm glad.

>crap

show us your collection, coward.
>>
>>6102060
Why would my feelings be hurt?
I'm just telling you why no one wants to give money for your overpriced unwanted used toys.

You're the one whining about how no one wants the crap you don't even want.

>show us your collection, coward.
How about telling me what you're selling and how much you're selling it for first, since i did mention it.
>>
>>6102073
you sound like one of those retards who thinks Obama is a Muslim. You're a cheap piece fo shit who talks big but in a fist fight you'd puss out, and you refuse to back your shit up. No doubt you frequent /pol/ and your grandfather was a limp dick who dodged WW2(or he was a Nazi sympathizer). No wonder you're a bigger pussy than that thing between Jenna Jameson's legs.

Yep, your feelings are hurt worse than Milo Yiannotworthafuck's asshole after his 5 black boyfriends fuck him.
>>
>>6102033
>jumping to conclusion response

Sounds like this guy hit a nerve with you. So which is is? Are you a flavor of the month buyer, or is it disgusting living habits?
>>
>>6102078
so which is it with you- do you have shit taste in toys, or does mommy buy you whatever you want because you're too young to have a job?

>or you're Jin, in which case leeching off your wife's paycheck while you refuse to work makes you a child
>and since you're angry, easily provoked and shitposting, you probably fucking are that worthless autist troll

I wish your wife weren't retarded, and would just leave you.
>>
File: weapon safety and eye protection.jpg (104KB, 1100x784px) Image search: [Google]
weapon safety and eye protection.jpg
104KB, 1100x784px
>>>6102076 wut
Is this some sort of junk mail auto-response filler or something?

>>6102078
Judging by his response to my other post, he's a spamming program for his eBay store that gained bitter sentience from no one buying his crap.
>>
>>6102008
>Better just to buy something new for $5-10 more (and sometimes LESS) than handle smelly used property from someone who isn't good in handling money.
Something opened once to check for missing parts and put back in the box isn't "used" by any reasonable definition. Otherwise the toy is "used" straight out of the factory because someone dared to touch it with probably much dirtier hands than myself, in an environment hotter than my home is.

The problem is most sellers don't offer "value added" services such as personal guarantees all parts are accounted for, macro photographs of any potential flaws and a detailed description of all joint tolerances. They just ignore buyers and expect them to pay up, often times even lying or misleading about the poor condition of the item.

Can you honestly say you wouldn't pay $5-10 less if I did all of the above for you to make you feel comfortable with your purchase? You could literally buy a new toy in worse condition than the one I am selling due to factory defects or QC issues.
>>
Babies
>>
>>6102092
>Something opened once to check for missing parts and put back in the box isn't "used" by any reasonable definition.
You could be the gentlest, non-hamhanded liar in the world, but used is used.
At this point, i'd rather you just sell me the figure without any packaging so you can save on the shipping, because I'm only paying 30-50% of what it's going for new MIB. I can find all sorts of toys for this price with all their accessories and usually any important papers/cards.

>Can you honestly say you wouldn't pay $5-10 less if I did all of the above for you to make you feel comfortable with your purchase?
No, because I'd just buy something new instead. And that's how the majority of my ebay purchases go.
If i want to buy used, i do that in person and see everything for myself. And I'm paying the discounted prices I already mentioned, for indistinguishable from new toys.

I seriously dislike buying anything used online because i have no clue who you are and guys like >>6102081 >>6102076 >>6102033 makes it all the more untrustworthy.
At least with most new toys you can tell if someone was lying or not about them being new. Stuff like Japanese toys that use simple cardboard boxes i've only ever bought from reputable dealers/stores new.
>>
File: 1385988734275.jpg (70KB, 823x823px) Image search: [Google]
1385988734275.jpg
70KB, 823x823px
I love it when retards fight.
>>
File: 1481665366826.png (65KB, 512x262px) Image search: [Google]
1481665366826.png
65KB, 512x262px
Iv'e sold on the BST for almost 8 years and had minimal hiccups.
The times I did have an issue almost always solved itself thru a simple paypal case for a refund since Asshat #4123 decided to not ship the item.

Iv'e had maybe one big case of
>Sell something
>Ship it
>Autismo get's it
>Fucks with it and breaks something
>Claimed it was broken/damage/not as described
>Tried to open a case
>The curveball now
>They either don't ship it back and I win and keep the payment
>Or they DO ship it back but it's even worse damage than they said it was
>Open an Appeal and show timestamped pictures
>Paypal sides with me and I either get the full amount back or %70 or so

Iv'e recently moved back to Ebay for some shit.
Some bigger Items that poorfags here can't afford Iv'e been forced to ebay and it's there you really get shit.

>Lowball as fuck offers
>If it is a best offer for maybe %10-20 off ad you accept it then they don't pay for days

God help you if even a single Atom of your product is out of order otherwise they'll hit you with a "Not as described" case and auto win it from Ebay sucking Buyer dick then you have to give the little shitsucker a full refund AND pay shipping most times.
so whatever you paid in shipping the item to them and to get your item back is gone.
>>
>>6102092

This is true. Most of the "used" toys I've phased out of my collection are in far better shape than new, because I'm a pickyfag and I probably checked the shit out of my personal copies for good paint, matching joint tolerances, et cetera. Some of the other copies I sell might be less great though, because they could be toys made up of "leftover" parts. Again though, that's no worse than taking your chances with new.
>>
>>6101910
ebay is basically a giant flee market with all the power in the shoppers hands. You as a seller basically have to be ready to treat that store front like it's your only job/life because most can and will fight to get something as close to free as possible since it echos the charm of a flee market.
>>
>>6102081
>no real response

Flavor of the month buyer it is. See you next year when you're trying to unload your Transformers Last Knight figures to save up for Hasbro's newest shit.
>>
>>6102118
I'm an ultra OCD guy so the stuff you get from me would probably be as close to perfect as you can possibly get. My OCD is why I go through the trouble of taking so many photos because I want other people with my attention to detail to be happy with their purchase.

If you see no value in that and prefer to buy new then go ahead but I won't lower my prices. For the record...you can see some flaws immediately without ever opening the box. Someone can easily sell a "new" item online they know is a turd. At least with me you know exactly what you get AND I adjust the price based on the quality of the figure. Bad QC? Much lower price. Perfect QC? Higher price.
>>
>>6102148

Yep. In that case, you've already done the work, and gone to the expense of buying multiples to get that close to perfect figure. They're not just getting a reject or a random figure in that case.

Speaking of "new" not being so great, I've had a buyer scam me before by buying multiples of a sealed figure on eBay, and then returning one he already had that that had a really bad, obvious paint flaw in box. Said he bought them by accident, or they weren't as described or something. Caused a huge ruckus when I called him out on it on the forums and Facebook, because duh, I have your name, and you used the same internet handle across multiple sites. Tried to act like his family was going to be stalked or something, though it never even went past a forum thread, and some Facebook posts between me and my friends discussing it. A real fucko.

All over a figure that probably doesn't even matter now.
>>
>list Link Between Worlds Deluxe Version figma for 49.99
>Keep receiving offers between $20-$25
>>
>>6101942

Well I'm glad to say I have one buyer that's the exception and he goes about 10% or less when he buys from me, but you're dead on the nail with that observation.
>>
>>6102008

>Saving my photos

What did I do to wrong you anon?
>>
>>6101910
eBay is way better than this place for selling. Your problem is what you're trying to sell.
>>
>>6102224

Yeah, there are some good repeat buyers out there who don't lowball you, pay quickly, want multiple items, ask what else you might have in the future, etc.

Unless something isn't going to have much demand because it's been replaced by a very obviously better figure for the character, being patient and not taking the first offer often pays off. I've had lots of situations where an offer pissed me off, and then someone else swooped in and paid my full asking price like the next day.
>>
>>6102051
>not a fridge full of Faygo
>with Harley shoved in
>in pieces
>>
>>6102050
I never ask for more than 20% off, that way it's more open for them to counter offer. But if someone is selling for 30 obo, and I offer 25, and they counter with .50, fuck you. Why even bother having it?

>>6101939
>you're not BEING A BRO
I've dealt with that on ebay, shit's fucking pathetic. This guy wanted the shipping adjusted on something, or lower if I took the toy out of the box. I gave a couple of options, but god dammit I am NOT holding your hand and walking you through how to use ebay, fucking google how to do what you're trying to do.
>>
>>6102255

In that situation sure, be open to take the toy out of the package to lower shipping costs, but charge the full shipping price on payment and then refund a portion at your discretion after the fact. Fair for everyone that way.
>>
>>6102076
>denounces racism and nazis
>continues then to insult a proud gay man and the racist connotation that its wrong to fuck black guys

Cant have it both ways mate
>>
>>6102122
>Iv'e
Fuck off andrew we all know every single 'hiccup' here is 100% your fault.
>>
>>6102118
>because I'm only paying 30-50% of what it's going for new MIB

This rule does not apply to toys, once it's sold out, even used is higher than msrp.

I can see this for electronic.
>>
>>6102008
do you regret it
>>
>>6102328
>Automatically jumping to conclusions and accusations over a single word

Holy shit.
"I've" is used all across the internet mate.
Why the fuck are you Andrew fags so god damn autistic?
>>
>>6103265
>Andrew didn't do nothing wrong
>you're the autistic ones
Hi Andrew
>>
>>6103265
I've is
Iv'e? nah.
>>
File: 1456500087874.jpg (47KB, 750x739px) Image search: [Google]
1456500087874.jpg
47KB, 750x739px
>ITT: American problems
>>
>>6103435
Average Americans don't have much history with barter & trade, so you find them making out-fucking-rageously retarded prices online more often than anyone else.

t. primary lego buyer
>>
File: basically.jpg (129KB, 1008x383px) Image search: [Google]
basically.jpg
129KB, 1008x383px
>>6103441
I blame our education system and people like pic related for nobody knowing how to price things. I've been to a thrift store where the VHS tapes were $3 a pop. Not even rare, potentially valuable tapes, it was mass produced shit like Batman 89 and Indiana Jones.
>>
>there's no demand for item I am supplying
WAAAH POORFAGS, THERE'S TON OF DEMAND BUT THEY'RE TOO POOR!

If they don't buy, there's not demand. As simple as that. Doesn't matter what the reason is. The shit you're pushing ain't worth it to anyone. Especially collectibles
>>
>>6103441
>Average Americans don't have history

fixed.
>>
> Lego Han Solo promotional minifigure from a pre-assembled set given away on Toy Fair is a Han Solo with plain blue pants instead of pants printed with a holster
> give my Han Solo plain blue pants and sell it as this figure
> buyer asks why he got "scrap"

I fucking despise the autism Lego attracts. If you care so much about getting authentic figures from sets that only exist 500 or so of then buy the patethic 80 piece model for 400$.
>>
>>6102060
Here in Germany there are some promotions where you only have to pay 5% fees instead of 10% when you list an item as an auction or best offer in a given timeframe. I listed some items I would only sell as buy it now with best offer just to get the 5% off fees. I give 2-4€ off my 7-30€ items and have set auto-reject on anything else in those cases because I feel I have to take something off.
>>
>>6102148
>If you see no value in that and prefer to buy new then go ahead but I won't lower my prices.
Like i said, I prefer buying used in person and I actually get them cheaper too. I can see for myself what I'm actually getting.
Also, from the BST, i can also get new figures cheaper too.
>Someone can easily sell a "new" item online they know is a turd
Yeah, but that's incredibly rare with most collector lines and something I've never experienced. You think I buy Hasbro figures online? That's crazy.
>>
>>6103523
>lack of demand
So that's why there's so much crying about distribution!
>>
File: download (1).jpg (14KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
14KB, 227x222px
>>6103651
And scalping, let's not forget scalping!
>>
>>6103455
don't take this the wrong way, but are you subjectanon?
>>
>>6102209
And you probably get snotty responses when you turn them down too. Boo hoo youz uh meen ol scalpur!1
>>
>>6102076
Two days in and we already have the most butthurt post of the year.
>>
>>6103344
>Accusing Anon of defending Andrew
>All he fucking said was how retarded other Anon was for instantly shitting himself and accusing somebody of being Andrew

Andrew fags once again going full retard.

>>6103407
"I've" is correct yes however Mobile posting tries to auto put " Iv'e" as correct.
Both are cleared in my spell check for some reason so I don't know about this Anon >>6103265 or other Mobile posters.
>>
>>6104032
>defending Andrew
>admitting to being a mobilefag
So you haven't been here long enough to really see what he has done
Good to know
>>
>>6103914
Psh. I bet we can top that.
>>
>>6104032
>Mobile posting tries to auto put " Iv'e" as correct.
Bullshit.
If it does it's only because you've used it and approved it.
Stop defending your stupidity, Andrew.
>>
>>6104092
>only because you've used it and approved it
Not true.
>>
Every time somebody starts an ebay thread, its the same thing. "Poorfags everywhere, lowball offters". Do you want to know the solution?

List it as a fucking auction. Start it at $0.01 and let it rip.

Nobody wants to pay full price. Poorfags or richfags, everybody wants to feel like they are getting a deal. If you list your toy at what its worth, nobody will even look at it. Why pay what its worth? Start it as an auction, and people will start bidding because its cheap. People will start watching, and then a few of them will get tied up in a bidding war and you will either end up getting what its worth or more. The system works man just use it.
>>
>>6101910
why is she standing on tip toe to reach the bottom shelf?
>>
>>6104092
>>6104048
Jesus you're fucking retarded. There is literally nothing to prove that >>6102122 is who you are claiming except ONE FUCKING TYPO and you autistic retards INSTANTLY started shitting yourself and derailing the thread.

Is "Iv'e" just something EXCLUSIVELY he fucking does?
Literally nobody else on the entire internet makes that mistake? That alone is instantly crack in the mask and exposes him?
You even realize how paranoid and autistic you idiots sound?
You'll derail a thread and start jerking yourselves off over a single typo. I expect this shit from Reddit and Facebook comments.
>>
>>6104250
Hi Andrew
>>
>>6101910
>>add best offers, only get 75% off lowball poorfags that think postage is actually a free service

I don't buy GI Joes but I'll clue you in to how I best offer, when I best offer

>item is listed $30 w $8.50 shipping

"hmm might be nice to get this at under $30 shipped"

>best offer 21

>counter offer at like 27, or just ignored

maybe my 21 was 'lowball' by the seller's hopes but as a buyer I keep myself within a limit (in my theoretical case 30)
>>
>>6104237
eBay manipulates search. You're free to sell your toys at 99 cents because nobody saw the auction but I'll be damned if I will.
>>
>>6104237
And risk letting someone get away with it at $.01 because no one else bid on it within the 7-10 days? No fucking thanks.
>>6104250
kek you're calling people retarded and autistic, but you're also the one sperging out for totally not being Andrew or anything and trying so hard to defend a silly typo.
That's embarrassing. Especially if you're not actually Andrew
>>
>Expressing concerns over autistic kids shitting on and derailing a thread over a typo is bad

Wew
>>
I miss when the shipping charge wasn't taxed by Ebay, always the best way to make sure you got X amount of money without Ebay getting their Jew hands on it
>>
OP, chill.
>>
>>6104250
If you dont know his tells by now you are obviously a newfag or retarded.
>>
>>6104330
>not letting the market decide what your toy is worth
Sure is overinflatedselfofselfworthgenerationysoeverythingibuyisworthmorebecauseimspecial faggotry
>>
>>6105168
>implying eBay auctions is "the market"
>disregarding that any number of factors could lead to something selling for much less than true market value and the next day it could easily sell for double market value
Online auctions are a gamble, a stupid gamble. At least with IRL auctions you have auction houses with reputations who make calls to interested collectors because they have a vested interest in making your stuff sell for as high as possible. Even then it's a gamble but it's better than online auctions.
>>
File: k on figmas.jpg (319KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
k on figmas.jpg
319KB, 1024x768px
>>6105367
>implying it isn't the "market"
How about not being stupid and listing it when something allows it to become popular, like the release of the DVD or an actor's death?

Oh, what's that? You bought a flavor of the month and dropped that shit when it's no longer popular and still expect it to sell for top dollar? LOL
>>
>>6105168
What market, you entitled faggot? eBay manipulates search, thereby interfering in your holy market.
>>
>>6105379
Are you dense? Online auctions aren't comparable to real life auctions because you aren't getting an audience that will actually bid on them in an environment meant to foster competition. That shit isn't "the market" in any sense of the word.

The closest thing to "the market" online is what's listed at Mandarake, various retailers and online shops. Prices go up and down dependent on supply and demand. If you want to quickly sell something undercut those sources by a bit and it will probably sell.

Giving shit away for free via eBay auctions is just retarded. Even when stuff is in demand I have seen some rare figures go for pennies on the dollar because it was just a bad week to list it.
>>
>>6105385
And what's manipulated?
Do they leave shit out or what?

>>6105395
You're the one comparing two things.
All I'm saying is that people use eBay to find things that they want. It's one of the most popular places on the entire internet and you're saying that somehow it isn't filled with nerds wanting old shit?
Again, just because no one wants your shit doesn't mean there isn't a market. you're just being stupid.
>>
>>6105408
Either you are retarded or trolling. Either way I feel bad for you. If you can't understand the concept of sometimes eBay auctions do poorly regardless of the figure normally selling for high prices I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not saying it would sell for 1 cent like that one guy but it's possible for a figure that normally sells for $80+ to sell for $40-50 if they manage to snipe it just right.
>>
File: Avatartoys2.jpg (530KB, 2000x1772px) Image search: [Google]
530KB, 2000x1772px
>>6105411
>can't explain anything
>can't even read
i feel sorry for you and your unsold shit that you think is so valuable that you're just going to hoard it for that one day you'll... wait, what are you waiting for?
It's like not like you even know how to sell your own shit.

Read this again:
>How about not being stupid and listing it when something allows it to become popular, like the release of the DVD or an actor's death?
If your shit will never be popular again, well, guess what? Have fun with your crap no one cares about.
>>
>>6105440
>he still doesn't get a currently in demand and popular figure can be sniped for less on eBay than if someone had just listed it as "buy it now" and sold it in less than a week
Wew lad.
>>
>>6105408
>And what's manipulated?
>Do they leave shit out or what?
1. They don't show all applicable listings at all times in all locations. It's right there in the TOS, no guarantee that your items will be shown in searches. If you're in NY, your listings might not show to people in Ohio and Delaware but they they do show to people in Wisconsin and Mississippi. Happens to me all the time, nothing but Florida and NJ. Sometimes I can run a a search and not even find my own listings! There are times I run searches that should bring back 100 listings and I only get 5. And you're hoping they'll see you in a 7-day auction?

2. Searches also bring up numerous unrelated items based on "best match" criteria which is what eBay thinks the searcher wants to see and not what they actually searched for. They're advertised within your listing and your watched item reminders too.

3. Searches also bring up OFFSITE listings. You click on them and it goes off eBay. eBay won't let us link offsite but they'll put them in with and ahead of your listings. They're not just in the searches but your listings and watched item reminders too.

I wouldn't listing anything for 99 cents at auction on eBay. They don't have the traffic to deliver a realistic market price. And then, auctions don't have payment requirements, so people will dick you around for a week (oh me oh my I don't get paid till next week is that OK that I entered a contract anyway?) if they don't disappear altogether.
>>
>>6105462
>in demand, popular figure easily found and plentiful
>can't believe special autism-OCD-choosen used figure didn't sell
Just so you know, i know all about how my area is complete shit for finding new waves, yet i've gotten people from states over who can find them easily.

eBay is a great indictator of how hard or easy it is to find toys elsewhere.
And, you know, the general value of a toy in the first place.

You can claim all the rare events that leads to a highly wanted toy going for a penny, but that's not how they generally sell and you know it.

Also
>buying current wave toys on ebay
lol
Fucking dumb.
>>
>>6105495
>You can claim all the rare events that leads to a highly wanted toy going for a penny, but that's not how they generally sell and you know it.
It's only rare these days because almost nobody's dumb enough to list that way.
>>
>>6105489
So you're saying your listing will forever never be found or is this just like a one day thing because it's new?
Even google has things happen that way too, for a while.

2 and 3 are shitty nonissue points and don't interfere with your ability to sell crap online. Who the hell rage quits from ads?
>>
>>6105519
The algorithm has not been made public but it happens all through the listing period. They discontinued traffic reports a year or two back because too many sellers were catching on. Same deal with hidden limits. After you make a certain number of sales for the month, they shut you off. My number used to be $300. Didn't matter if it was the 3rd or the 30th, once I hit that, sales were over.

It's a non-issue when I search for a specific item and get completely unrelated results instead? It doesn't affect my sales when eBay sends customers away? Who are you, Devin Wenig?
>>
>>6105952
The also kick this manipulation into overtime in the 4th quarter because they have contracts with big retailers like ToysRUs to deliver certain metrics. TRU won't hit their numbers if they sell competing offers from small sellers so eBay hides them.

A few years back TRU kept selling and cancelling and selling and cancelling MP Optimus Prime. They were hiding and redirecting small sellers so TRU could sell a product it didn't have. If a small seller does that, they get dinged and kicked off. But not TRU, eBay wiped their negative feedback and let them sell the same nonexistent inventory dozens of times.
>>
>>6105962
>>6105952
Doing a little bit of searching online, and it's mostly people making unbacked claims and all of them are people selling THOUSANDS of products. And almost all of them are just complaining about "WHY ARENT I ON PAGE 1 OF RESULTS"

>It's a non-issue when I search for a specific item and get completely unrelated results instead?
In what world do you live in? They're ads and I've never gotten only ads when doing a search.
As stated above, they're not hiding anything, they're just not giving your your totally deserved and entitled top of the page search result.

>A few years back TRU kept selling...
Cry more about how unfair the world is because they favor big companies who give them money for ads. This has nothing to do with anything being talked about.
>>
>>6104320
>>6104330

I have sold several things on ebay and that has never happened to me. Learn 2 list faggots
>>
>>6106198
You said search was not manipulated and had no effect on small seller sales.

Sorry if you're a faggot and can't put two and two together. Actually, I bet alot of people are sorry you're such a faggot.
>>
I would rather see OP blend his toys on YouTube or donate them to an orphanage in Streetshitistan than reward alt-right poorfags in BST.
>>
And before any if you knobs go muh scalpin, you could order them through Diamond. Practically nobody did because they required payment up front and poorfags need to borrow mommy's credit card to buy anything over $5.
>>
I think we could use a Commerce and Service board
>>
>>6106370
>You said search was not manipulated
No, i didn't
All i did was ask what was manipulated and according to everything i read, it doesn't leave anyone out and only affects sellers who sell THOUSANDS of products.

Your whining all amounts to you thinking eBay shouldn't advertise and that you should be the only one on the first page.
>>
>>6106530
>being this much of a libertard cuck
>>
>>6106408
Too bad they used /biz/ as a containment board for shitcoin shilling neets.
>>
>>6101910
>eBay item arrives
>batteries not included
>smells of smoke
desu the batteries weren't that important as I'd only have removed them straight away, but it would have been nice to know in advance.
>>
>>6101939
>>6101910
Why are you expecting to get high returns on toys?
>>
>>6102076
>You're a cheap piece fo shit who talks big but in a fist fight you'd puss out, and you refuse to back your shit up.
So how old are you really?

Because I said stupid shit like this when I was 12.
>>
>>6103880
Literally the only time I've ever sent a message after a seller turned down an offer was when someone posted a beat to shit and missing parts BBi figure for brand new 1/6 prices (at the time, ~$100). I offered them about %50 of it's retail value because it was grossly incomplete, and they sent a message saying I was a cheap ass hole and didn't know what they were trying to sell.

I saw it get relisted multiple times and never sell. I imagine they gave it to Good Will or something.
>>
>>6103529
Lol you're bitching and you literally scammed someone.
>>
>>6101910
I hear ya. Sold figure for 150 bucks including shipping while Japjews are selling it for bloody 400-500$. The box and an accessory got damaged in transit. And while it was very easy to fix, the guy threw a fit and shipped it back, asking not only a refund but money he payed for shipping.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.