[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm moving house soon and want to take my figures with me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 201207311.png (33KB, 750x268px) Image search: [Google]
201207311.png
33KB, 750x268px
I'm moving house soon and want to take my figures with me. I have too many that it'd be impractical to put all of them back in their box and package the boxes. Instead I'm going to put the boxes away in storage and take the figures with me.

Any advice for how to pack loose figures for transport? I'm think of just filling a box with packing peanuts and plopping the figures in there. For reference they'll be travelling with me in my car, not in a moving truck.

If anyone's had this experience before I'd love to hear how you handled it.
>>
>>6096416
for starters storing the boxes away from you is basically asking them to be tossed out. They won't age well in storage like that and will likely be destroyed from the fluxes of hot and cold they will take on.
Beyond that the toys boils down to how much you care about them and how long you are on the road. you could bind them individually in bubble wrap and store them in the box, that would lead to the best safety without damage.
>>
>>6096416
A distinction needs to be made: Are these all import figures, all domestic figures, or a mix?

If they're domestic figures, just put them in a box without padding. They'll shuffle together like the insides of a potato chip bag and be fine. They're made to withstand 5 year olds, after all.

If they're import figures, maybe you kept the original boxes for the important ones? If not, buy a tackle box and store the accessories in there, ideally separating every individual figures parts for easy reuniting. Then wrap up the figures in the foam wrap. If possible I would recommend not leaving any hands or heads on the figures and store them with the other accessories.
>>
>>6096416
Why didn't the stack on the bottom disappear first

The joke would be better if they had a tall, thin box to stack on the edge of the pallet.
>>
>>6096522
Exactly. Artist confirmed for not knowing how tetris fucking works.
>>
Mviing the figures is easy. The way that worked best for me was
1 Get a big plastic tub with a lid.
2 Make a layer on the bottom using a tee shirt, or pillowcase, or soft towel.
3 Set the figures on this layer, covering as much area as you can without them touching.
4 Add another layer of cloth.
5 Repeat until you reach the top.
6 One final layer of cloth, then snap on the lid.
7 Put accessories in a tackle box.
8 Toss the boxes.
9 Move.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.