[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know if the Aoshima 1/12 Priss figure is any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Aoshima Priss.jpg (20KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
Aoshima Priss.jpg
20KB, 300x201px
Does anyone know if the Aoshima 1/12 Priss figure is any good? They seem to be fairly cheap on Mandarake and they certainly look the part. Also Bubblegum Crisis figures thread I guess.
>>
A friend of mine got one and said it was really disappointing and he regretted buying it. No specifics, sorry
>>
I actually bought it a while back. It's real fragile and the armor mode doesn't pose to well.
>>
>>6096164
Looks decent, but shit falls apart if you even cough in its direction.
>>
File: BridgesMonger.jpg (209KB, 922x691px) Image search: [Google]
BridgesMonger.jpg
209KB, 922x691px
It's not actually 1/12 -- the hardsuit is only 5.25" tall. Do you have any Gunpla-building experience? Aoshima's kit engineering isn't anywhere near as good as Bandai's. Assembling the hardsuit is a fairly stressful experience involving gluing the front and back halves of the torso together while keeping the polycap joints sandwiched between them.

I don't think there's much of a reason to complain about durability, since it's just as fragile as a lot of other mecha model kits. I used the waterslide decals to apply the red stripes to the helmet and coated them with Future, but putting the hardsuit into the Motoslave caused part of the decal to get chipped off.

Also, be aware that the motorcycle transformation involves partsforming. The bike's frame needs to fold in half as part of the transformation, but instead of actually making it fold, there are separate folded and unfolded parts.
>>
It was my grail for a real long time as I'm an avid fan of the show.

Bought it for near retail and it was just sadly the most disappointing thing I've purchased. It actually took me out of toys for a few months due to it.

I'd take some photos as a reminder but I'm out of the country for the holidays.
>>
>>6101691
I have some experience with Plamo (I've mostly built and am in the process of priming the LMHG Eva-01 from 1997) and have been building 40K minis for years, so I'm no stranger to modelling.

A shame to hear it's not that good a figure- the partsforming is particularly disappointing. The model-building aspect doesn't bother me so much (I love models) but the fact it's evidently not that great a kit does. That said it is only 3000 yen on Mandy, so I may yet pull the trigger.

Thanks for the info BTW guys. If I see one for non-wallet-rape prices I might spring for the Yamato figure instead.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.