[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wow anon how much did this all cost??? How do you respond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: 1479401420470.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1479401420470.png
108KB, 357x368px
>wow anon how much did this all cost???

How do you respond to this? I feel like it's a very rude question but people keep saying it.
>>
File: Rex.jpg (77KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
Rex.jpg
77KB, 426x640px
>>6095586
Well it depends. If I owned pic related I'd be proud to say it was part of my collection. I'd never give a price just inform them that it was more than most other things.
>>
>>6095586
"I dunno. I just get depressed when I think about it"
>>
>>6095586
>Not just saying Too much and moving on.
>>
If a woman is asking you that by the way you've failed her judgment on whether or not you can provide for her and your would be family because you spend so much money on toys. Better luck next time.
>>
>>6095586
Honestly. Every figure represents about half to a full shitty day I've ever had at work and had to put up with the bullshit and entitlement of others and my dead end job. So to me the cost doesn't matter. If I had to estimate this year alone... probably around 3000$ is a low estimate or a month and a half's pay.
>>
>>6095589
>>6095591
>ummm is there something you're not telling me anon? just answer the question
>>
500 at most, my camera gear sitting above it is worth 10 times as much
>>
>>6095596
>whether or not you can provide for her
Could have just ended your post right there mate.
>>
File: 1472524602598.gif (982KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1472524602598.gif
982KB, 300x225px
>not pointing out how everyone has stuff they want to spend money on that's pointless to other people that don't share their interests
>>
Oh for Fuck's sake. Do we need another one of these circle jerk threads?
Are you all that insecure you need to continually tell each other you're OK because you collect toys, and spend money on what you want to?

Move this shit to /soc/ or better yet, get the fuck out of your caves and go find a support group or something. That way you'll at least be socializing in person.
>>
>>6095616
Quality post cunt, thanks for the bump.
>>
Oh look, yet another one of these "Aren't you ashamed of collecting toys" threads.
>>
>>6095586
>I don't know, a lot lol
Or this here >>6095591

Seriously, that would be the best response. Why do you autists make things so hard for yourselves?

Also, if you want to look like a total fedora-wearing neckbeard virgin, say something like this: >>6095615
>>
>>6095586
I undervalue it. Figmas are '20 bucks' to people whom ask me and they believe it as that's roughly or slightly over what boxed western figures cost at wal-mart.
>>
>>6095620
>>6095616
>>6095620
Give it a rest you autist.
>>
>>6095701
Tell that to the OP that keeps making these threads over and over. They started doing it months ago but quit when they were getting called out and ignored, but now there's a fresh batch of newfags falling for them.
>>
Everytime someone asks that I say "I don't know, I don't care"

>why did you open them, you wpouñd be rich if they were in their original boxes!!!!
They're toys, they aren't worth much

>you could've bought a better/house/car/vacation with all the money you spend on toys!!
Yes, I could've (and then I just shrug staring at them)

And that's how I reply to any of those questions.
>>
Well, I'd tell you how much exactly, if you broke it, but it's not like you'll go into my room while I'm not around, right? You are such a nice person haha
>>
>>6095586
>>wow anon how much did this all cost???
>My sex life

My roommate's gf laughed at that reply, and she hasn't said anything to me since for 4 months.
>>
>t-that detolf is worth $2000 and this iron man was $550
>t-these vintage Kenner figures cost me $2000

I've never had a gf
>>
"As much as most people waste getting shit-faced drunk this year"

>tfw living in Ireland, land of the alcoholics
>>
>>6095604
Why... are you dating a 14 year old girl?
>>
>>6096241
For the same reason he collects toys.
>>
File: Laughing Norma.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Norma.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>6095815
>My sex life
>>
>how much did you spend on these?
Too much, haha

Typical follow ups are
>why do you buy them?
Why not? What does it even matter?

>what's the most you have spent on one?
The most I've spent one is about $110. Not much more than some people spend on a night getting shitfaced, so no big deal
>>
I don't get how people see a physical collection of something and make a comment about how expensive it all must be, and it doesn't click with them that the stuff they see is replacing fleeting shit that other people spend their money on and have nothing to show for it later.
>>
>>6095815
10/10
>>
>>6095586
I usually just give a fake answer. Usually " total a hundred bucks, all from second hand sellers"
>>
>>6095586
I reply with something like "about 40 truckstop blowjobs" then I scream and remove my shirt to assert dominance
>>
>>6095586
I usually just say "too much" and then laugh.
That usually deters them too. It's not like I've actually tallied up the total ever anyways.
I don't see it as a rude question really, but maybe you're just a sensitive bitch.
>>
>not dumping all your toys into a cardboard box whenever somebody comes over
>>
>>6095586
I would honestly just sperg out and show off the most expensive shit and say how much it was like it were a great achievement for me to be proud of, completely disregarding any possibility they might actually be trying to criticize how I spend my money.
>>
>>6095596
>he doesnt have a gf that will buy him big titty toys for christmas
>>
I lie and say my Hot Toys are like 50 bucks a piece.

It's none of their business unless they share my bank account
>>
>>6095586
>Caring what other people think of you or your hobbies

One day you guys will grow up and realize that giving a shit what others think of you is a waste of time. If they're that petty to dislike you because of a hobby they aren't worth the air they waste.
>>
File: 1480702521099.png (10KB, 604x608px) Image search: [Google]
1480702521099.png
10KB, 604x608px
>"Anon, should you really be spending this much on your hobby?"
>tfw they spend more than twice as much on smoking every month
>>
>>6095588
I have that nigga, how much is he?
>>
>>6095586

"Less than you'd expect, but more than you'd hope."
>>
>>6095586

> "Why? Are you planning to give me one?"
>>
>>6095586

>how much do you make a month then you broke ass nigga you aint buying shit minimum wage ass nigga trynna buy food and living off of ramen noodles ass unhealthy broke ass nigga you better shut the fuck up and get on my level you fucking money wanting cunt faggot whore just fuck off outta my house you jealous nigga
>>
>>6101999
matt please no one cares about your killer instinct statues
>>
>>6096304
>Not much more than some people spend on a night getting shitfaced
THIS so much. The price of most toys pale in comparison to the price for a round of shots in my country.
>>
I don't worry about it. My brother spends €50 a week on weed. That's just as big a waste of money as my waifu figures.
>>
File: giphy.gif (89KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
89KB, 500x375px
>>Gets home from comic con
>>Parents want to know what I bought
>>shows them what I got: Alien neca figure, gurren lagann boxset and nendoroid ryuko
>>they look at it, "What is that, and how much was it"
>>I lie about the cost so they don't ask any more questions
If it weren't for them I could have figma ryuko and sasuki
>>
>>6102194
How are they doing me a favour
>>
>>6102154
You could have had a figma Ryuko if you didn't buy shit from cons.
>>
>>6102248
I still had 50 left over
>>
>Jeez anon,, how much does all this cost?
"Less than video games."
>Oh. Well, yeah, alright.

Done.
>>
>>6102154
>>shows them what I got: Alien neca figure
>>they look at it, "What is that"
They don't know Alien? Now that's sad
>>
>>6095586
I answer honestly (In my case around 2000 euros).

It's not like I care what others think, and I'm financially well off with or without my figures so it's fine.
>>
>>6095586
>not telling them upfront how much it cost
>not being a bachelor and spending your own damn money however the fuck you want to spend it without having to feel like you've failed to meet someone else's expectations of you
>not holding her down and fucking her from behind anyway
>>
>>6095586
>[friend's kid] how much did this all cost???
>[me] a lot, I don't even know anymore
>[friend 1] more than you can imagine
>[friend 2] it cost him his girlfriend
and then everyone collapsed from laughter because we're huge fucking dorks and agreed it was worth it
>>
>>6095602
Wew lad. You could have gone on a decent trip with that money.
>>
>>6101999
I use a variant on this

"Less than you'd think, but more than I'd like".
>>
>>6106280
Look, lil man I knoe u be frontin' but i respekt dis. Dis da way a G handles his shit.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.