[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have reasonable amount of money saved up >Visit /toy/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1481097947966.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481097947966.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
>Have reasonable amount of money saved up
>Visit /toy/ for the first time one day out of curiosity, what could they be discussing here?
>My childhood interests in Lego and army men return, and now I'm hooked on figmas and super action statues and such as well
>mfw I try to contain my urges and purchase things steadily
>mfw my room is slowly accruing clutter

Just one visit was all it took. What have you done to me?
>>
>What have you done to me?
You did this to yourself anon.
>>
How's that "reasonable amount of money" doing?
>>
Welcome to plastic hell
>>
File: 1438639507658.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438639507658.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
>>6094166
It's not too late for you.
Turn back while you still can.
>>
>>6094176
It's still there, but it's suffering.
>>
>>6094166
>mfw my room is slowly accruing clutter
Recycle your boxes. Do not become a hoarder.
>>
>>6094234
Only autists throw away their boxes.
>>
>>6094234
>Recycle your boxes
Nah, I might want to resell them later.
>>
>>6094184
>this
I've only been collecting for a year, and I already hate this hobby. Not only do you burn through money, but it's a time-sink as well.
>>
>>6094247
>Only autists throw away their boxes.

O YOO
>>
>>6094192
it's too late for him. it's too late for all of us.

>>6094166
welcome. we'll have a moment of silence for your wallet.

>>6094316
yeah keep your boxes. early on I threw all mine out and regret it now. Most of my collection now still have their boxes. It's good for storing the figures and, yeah, also reselling mainly.

Not only that, but it helps keeps things in perspective.
>>
>>6094247
>>6094316
>>6094767

Yeah I used to throw away everything when they came on cards and stuff but all of the new Bandai packaging is really useful for when you eventually have to store or move things.
>>
>>6094166
Happens with everyone. Once you figure out what you actually want you start collecting less and acquiring better stuff once you learn how to do research. I have a bin filled with DC Universe figures because I was super into them at one point and when I discovered figmas I started collecting those instead and my collection is much nicer now because not only have I limited myself to things I actually want, but the figures themselves look better. Well, sometimes, the solid snake they released has a pretty fucked up face.

But that high you get from acquiring things is normal. You'll learn to control your collection with experience.
>>
File: mhm.jpg (663KB, 700x1049px) Image search: [Google]
mhm.jpg
663KB, 700x1049px
>>6094878
This I limited myself to just certain Figuarts characters and just some yugioh cards.

Used to be unconstrained with legos and blew through easily 1k on star destroyers, and other ships. Toy can be a bad hobby if you go in unrestrained.
>>
>>6095233
pretty much
I used to buy everything I was remotely interested
Now I just buy shit from IPs that has a place in my heart
>>
File: bbthumbsup.png (1MB, 738x918px) Image search: [Google]
bbthumbsup.png
1MB, 738x918px
>>6094166

Welcome to the world of plastic crack.

It's a world of slippery slopes, disappointment, and regret - actually not really, I fucking love toy collecting. But the slippery slope is real, especially since the name of the game is preorders and it is INCREDIBLY easy to slip into "I need that" mode based on promo pics and preorder everything new that comes up.

At my worst I had nearly $200-$300 worth of shit preordered a month... a lot of which was impulse stuff.

It helps if you really sit down and think about it before you hit that preorder button. I saved a lot of money by cutting out anything that just "looks cool" and focusing on actual characters that I like.

At any rate, welcome to /toy/, now you can never leave.
>>
File: Phasma Lighting Test.jpg (62KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Phasma Lighting Test.jpg
62KB, 1080x1080px
Not OP but I started this month. I had a Kylo Ren and FO Trooper that sat in their boxes since Force Friday last year. I opened them up because /toy/ convinced me that toys should be posed and played with. Now I have 3 Scarif Troopers, a Hover Tank Pilot, an ArtFX Captain Phasma and for Christmas my parents got me a Deadpool Diorama.
What I am doing currently is learning to pose figures and how lighting works for photographing them. It's fun and my parents are happy I'm not playing games all day. They're a little sad it's cutting into my reading though, they like hearing about what I'm currently reading. With all that said I've made an Instagram and am looking into getting a camera that isn't my phone.

>Please send help
>pic related I took this today
>>
>>6094166
You fucked up big time bruh, kiss your money good bye

welcome to the plastic drug
>>
>tfw you're almost done playing catchup with all the transformers you've been missing out on for the past decade and can start having disposable income again

Only a few more MP carbots left to go and I am fucking done buying old shit off ebay
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.