[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My big box of Thundercats showed up today. Overall, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: thunda.jpg (4MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
thunda.jpg
4MB, 4272x2848px
My big box of Thundercats showed up today. Overall, I'm pretty impressed. It's like Mattel actually learned something from those eight or so years screwing up MotUC toys. Too bad the line ended literally before it began.

Pumyra's my only disappointment in the bunch. I was initially pretty excited that she made it into the first round of figures since I was always vaguely infatuated with her cheesy 80's anime look. But something went wrong with the face sculpt. The jawline looks weird and the mouth protrudes more than it should. It's not hideous, but it's not Pumyra.
>>
File: evall.jpg (4MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
evall.jpg
4MB, 4272x2848px
Jackalman and Mumm-Ra positively bleed that lumpy old Rankin-Bass lineart.

Love 'em.
>>
I only wish either Lion-O was a bit taller or Pumyra wasn't a giant.
>>
>>6087222
Why does middle dude look like he tans with his right hand in a glove
>>
>>6087222
Ugly furry garbage
>>
>>6087468
But giant women are hot.
>>
>>6087468
Exactly why the Bandai figure is boss.
>>
>>6088170
>Bandai version
>good

if you like that shiny plastic and black joint pins. How did anyone on production look at the black joint pins and say "yeah, that's acceptable"?
>>
File: IMG_3090.jpg (67KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3090.jpg
67KB, 500x753px
>>6087222
Bitch please. This is the best thundecats figure. Shoo away your fat lion-o
>>
>>6087222
>It's like Mattel actually learned something from those eight or so years screwing up MotUC toys
>same joints
>same bland sculpts
>even looks like they're missing the subtle gradients heman figures have

What did they learn anon!?
>>
>>6089162
>same joints
Except not.
>>
>>6089027
well the joint pins aren't black(like they were on the reboot toon toys) but much of what I said in >>6088180 stands- shiny ugly plastic, and while the joints aren't black, they're unpainted orange. Look at those shitty ankles. That's unacceptable for a "collector" figure. It's no wonder so few bought these

>fat

never saw the vintage toys or the cartoon, did you?
>>
>>6089185
What shit are u talking about ? Black joints? Wtf is that. Assholes
>>
>>6089027
body-shamer.
>>
>>6089166
What's different about them? Arms and legs look like they came from a hemans.
>>
>>6089252
the reboot toon series had black joint pins, as I clearly said, you illiterate cunt.
>>
>>6089273
Look at OP's image. Think of this as homework.
>>
>>6089289
Pic or your mother will die tonight in her sleep. Also she will also get anal raped by the coroner
>>
>>6089298
>ugly heman joints
>no double joints no improved range to be seen
>big ugly pegs holding it all together

Lion-O has a wrist joint?
It's fucking nothing!!
>>
>>6089560
Heck filmation heman had a wrist joint too.
>>
>>6089560
And ankle pivots. So >>6089162 is wrong.
>>
File: pumyra.png (347KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
pumyra.png
347KB, 600x450px
OP, returned.

What's better? Ankle pivots for everyone whose feet are stout enough to accommodate them.
The paint isn't a gobbed-on mess.
The accessories are plentiful and well-done.
Everything is shockingly assembled correctly.

On the downside, I cannot reenact this photograph with the figures available.
>>
>>6087222
ey, can somebody stand this lion-o next to a figuarts body and post a pic? a ranger or rider would be nice.
thanks.
>>
>>6090321
>Everything is shockingly assembled correctly
Wasn't there widespread issues with Jackalman's lower legs being swapped? It's a small completely unnoticeable mistake, but I think it's out there.
>>
>>6090794
Ah, bummer. I hadn't noticed 'till now. At least it still looks okay compared to some of the past screw-ups.
>>
>>6090024
ankle pivots can't save these figures anon.
they're garbage.
>>
File: Wilykit_concept_art.jpg (297KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
Wilykit_concept_art.jpg
297KB, 800x518px
>>6087222
These look kind of shitty.
Lion-o's face and Panthro's proportions are particuarily bad.

I would buy the shit out of a 2011 reboot line though.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.