[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Tokyo in a few days. Any good places or specific stores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: mandarake_5477825_l.jpg (149KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mandarake_5477825_l.jpg
149KB, 1024x768px
Going to Tokyo in a few days. Any good places or specific stores that I should know about? Obviously looking for figures, but I'm also interested in any kind of merchandise to be honest.

I've been to Akihabara and Nakano broadway. I honestly like Nakano broadway more than Akihabara in terms of actually buying stuff, but Akihabara's really fun to just walk around in.
>>
>>6084270
I know I'm derailing this a little bit since I don't really know of anywhere else besides Nakano or Akihabara so I can't recommend anything (save maybe Gundam Front Tokyo, but that depends on if you like Gundam or not and I'm saying it more for the giant Gundam part of it) buuut...

I'll also be going to Japan relatively soon; curious to how you're going to bring stuff back since I was thinking just bringing a suitcase with clothes... Even if I pack light I feel like I would only have enough room to buy one thing.
>>
File: 1392473624133.jpg (805KB, 1510x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1392473624133.jpg
805KB, 1510x1200px
>>6084270
This is all I've got
>>
>>6084277
Yeah I figured that there won't be any other stores worth mentioning except maybe for some Mandarake stores here and there. Was hoping if anyone knows of a few gems but I won't be dissapointed with just sticking to what I already know with.

I was allowed to bring two huge suitcases along with a carry-on on my airline. I have one suitcase with next to nothing in it that I plan on using to fill up with all my purchases. Plus I'm traveling with a few other people who won't mind me putting stuff in their suitcases in case mine is full.
>>
just check everywhere, some of my best finds where in random little conbinis and stuff
>>
File: 2caeb8a9.jpg (112KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2caeb8a9.jpg
112KB, 640x480px
Rather than focusing on where to go, I'd think more about what to get. Unless it's something that I want and over 50% off or just really old, I usually don't get something that I can easily get online.

I usually go for smaller things that are usually sold in bulk or overpriced online or prize toys. Going though second-hand shops and looking through the aisles and aisles of capsule toys in bags is great.

Book Off Super Bazaar might have some interesting stuff depending on the location, but it was always out of my way.
>>
Get you a 14 year old with a smooth butthole
>>
Living in Japan I buy like 90% of my stuff from Amazon JP these days. Kinda a sign of the times to be honest. I occasionally go to Akiba or Nakano if I want something asap but outside of that there's not much else.

Shibuya has an alright-ish Mandarake where I've occasionally found something cool, but that's all I can think of.
>>
The walk in stores are definitely worth searching for shokugan and gashapon and older stuff
>>
>>6084270
Whats stopping people from smashing the glass and taking that stuff
>>
>>6087433
Having morals & decency, you filthy gaijin.
>>
>>6087433
Whatever stops you from doing that where you live.
>>
In akiba

Radio Kaikan
Yodobashi Camera (This place is amazing in general.)
Sofmap
Mandarake

IF you like retro games, look for super potato, it's kinda hard to find and near the edge of akiba away from the train station.
Don't buy things you can order easily unless they are a steal or you really want them.

Nakano broadway is nice.

Don't waste a whole lot of money on gashapon as there are stores in akiba that just sell the current gashapon.

Some of the arcades have top floors that are loaded with retro machine and they are awesome.

Odaiba is worth a trip, especially if you like gundam, since gundam front tokyo is there and will close down soon till 2019, has some nice arcades.
>>
>>6087433
It's in a mall, so, security cameras, witnesses, and public decency.
>>
>>6087433
fuck anon, would you do that at your local shop?
>>
>>6084277
frequent flyer here,

are you going for business or vacation? if it's the latter, roll your clothing; you'll save yourself plenty of room and able to put more within it. I have 2 standard sized suitcases and I can usually pack all my clothing and grooming items in one lone suitcase (for a week-long trip, I normally take 12 shirts, 5 pants, 4 pairs of shoes, and change of socks and underwear for every day). If you have access to vacuum seal pouches, you'll be able to fit more, if not, just use zip-lock bags and make sure you expel all the air.
>>
>>6087555

I am amused with all the amiami shills here, that no one ever recommends to go to their akiba shop. You get amiami prices but skip their shipping rape.
>>
>>6087619
Where is it
>>
>>6084270

For figures, I find Nakano more interesting. If it is gunpla, don't bother and just go to Yodobashi. You might find older/rarer kits in small shops though.

For doujins, Mandarake. Bookoff is also nice for buying mangas.

Last time I went, I was for the most part of my trip in Kyushu. I remember that it was more interesting as you have less tourists there than in Tokyo. Best shop I've ever seen was a Bookoff Bazar in Fukuoka. It's like a giant Bookoff but with clothes, figures and other stuffs.
>>
>>6087555
>IF you like retro games, look for super potato, it's kinda hard to find and near the edge of akiba
>near the edge
If you think Super Potato is the edge of Akiba you're missing like 80% of it.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (130KB, 880x705px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
130KB, 880x705px
>>6087710
Here.
>>
>>6084270
Hey I went to that place in the Digimon game
>>
>>6087710

Not far from Akiba manda. Google it.

>>6087779
I've been to kanto, kansai and kyushu and I've never seen the Bookoff Bazaar anywhere else. DESU their prices are fair - on par with non-touristy shops. But in general toy shopping in Fukuoka isn't great. Pretty sparse if you're used to Akiba / Denden town.
>>
Yellow Submarine base in Akihabara is pretty rad.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.