[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after seeing Rogue One....I picked up the "other"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

So after seeing Rogue One....I picked up the "other" white suited Admiral.
This guy has been in his blister pack since 1998...after 18 years.... think I should open him?
>>
File: thrawn.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>6083834
>>
File: thrawn2.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn2.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>6083856
>>6083856
>>
>>6083902
mirin spacetroopers traps
>>
File: thrawn3.jpg (951KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn3.jpg
951KB, 1520x2688px
>>6083907
I'll admit the space Trooper does look sort of bad ass. What say you guys? Open Thrawn up so he can mingle with his other Imperial Officers?
>>
>>6083856
>think I should open him
Surprisingly, this is one of the PotF that actually raised in value. Having said that, he's only worth about 20 bucks. So if you don't care about value, I say go for it.
>>
>>6083909

Unless Thrawn gets some mainstream attention outside of Star Wars Rebels, he won't gain any value really. Even then, it won't be enough to make you happy you kept him sealed. All of that aside, he can't breathe in there Anon.
>>
File: thrawns.jpg (120KB, 771x800px) Image search: [Google]
thrawns.jpg
120KB, 771x800px
>>6084029
That Thrawn used to be worth a lot more.
Now it's basically considered trash like the rest of the Kenner stuff, just because it's so outdated and replaced with superior figure
>>
>>6084029

The blue nigga's Canon now, so it should make him more valuable to the guys who like Thrawn
>>
>>6084153

Don't blame Kenner. POTF2 Was just Hasblow wearing a Kenner name tag.
>>
>>6084153
I like the face on the old one better.
>>
>>6083909
Leave him in, He looks great stuck in a plastic cell between the other 2.
>>
OPEN IT and destroy the packaging, the cardback turns into a foldout diorama and Thrawn's is the best looking of all 9 or 10 figures released in the Expanded Universe subset of the time.

It's such a badass gimmick that I have no idea why other figures and lines didn't do it more.

And yes, the POTF2 version looks way better than the more recent comic pack.
>>
>>6084372
It was pure Kenner back then.
The toys were still being made in Kenner's place of business in Ohio. Hasbro didn't shut the place down until the 00s.

>>6084375
Too Cro Magnon for me and the body is plain shit. It's horrible to look at, so it's not just the lack of articulation that makes it bad.
>>
>>6084552
>It's such a badass gimmick that I have no idea why other figures and lines didn't do it more.
I know, those things worked so well it was crazy.
>>
>>6083834
Open it or sell it at a reasonable price to someone who will.
>>
>>6083834
Open it. Then throw the package in the trash. Then throw the figure in the trash. Then throw yourself in the trash.
>>
>>6084153
The first one looks like Meth Damon
>>
>>6083834
Yes, open it. It will never be worth anything.
>>
Nah, old figures look cool in the packaging, and his articulation isn't enough to be fun posing.
>>
I never understood why they mass produced kiddie play figures for books little kids couldn't read, or $20 comic books they wouldn't read. I always wonder how many kids got eu figures and had no idea who or what they were.
>>
File: xmoW.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
xmoW.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>6087549
Kids love EU toys though.

99% of the Marvel lines are "EU"
>>
>>6086482
Kek
>>
>>6083834
no, do not open, wait until a black series thrawn is built off the krennec body and given a marvel head.

officially.
>>
>>6085665
i managed to cram all the stormtroopers i had at the time on the display, including Luke and Fruit Loops Han as Stormtroopers.
>>
>>6087549
You act like kids didn't read books back in the 90's.
>>
>>6087549
Except for Thrawn all the figures are from comics and videogames. Who reads comic books and plays games if not children? Heir to the Empire also had a comic adaption so they could know about him as well. And if that fails the look of the figure is a draw as well. Who doesn't like bearded Han Solo with a lightsaber or Sheev cosplaying as Dracula, they are cool costumes.

I mainly collect Lego and it's unbelievable how shit their selection is.
> TIE Fighter with tank treads, a concept that looks like shit, felt overpriced because so many pieces went into tank treads that the model looked too small and the thing was only sparingly used in the EU
> TIE Defender is nice and popular from some games but in the end just a ridicolous 3 winged monstrosity TIE Interceptor lookalike
> videogame tie-ins for the "current year" that are too small for what they represent, thus useless and only good for minifigures
> Geonosis camouflage Phase 2 clone troopers when they obviously planned to do a set about The Clone Wars Landing at Point Rain which had Phase 1 helmets
> black and grey Stormtroopers and Royal Guards because everything is so much cooler when it's black

Good Expanded Universe toys and stories are elevated by their uniqueness which makes them more interesting. Bad EU are lazy retools or recolors.
>>
>>6087549
>I never understood why they mass produced kiddie play figures for books little kids couldn't read
Anon, there was a time when a 10 year old boy was capable of reading an entire 400 page science fantasy novel without using his smarttabtouchDSpod even once.
>>
File: gameboy 90s.jpg (387KB, 900x1198px) Image search: [Google]
gameboy 90s.jpg
387KB, 900x1198px
>>6092200
Well, duh, there was no NDS or tablets back then.
Back then we only had Gameboys, Game Gears, Turbo Express.... etc etc etc.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.