[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do if I want a Street Fighter figure? I looked it up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_4828.jpg (71KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4828.jpg
71KB, 600x430px
What do I do if I want a Street Fighter figure? I looked it up and this SOTA series seems best but they are crazy expensive?
>>
Figuarts Ryu and Chun Li are up for preorder right now.
>>
>>6075752
But what if he wants good figures?
>>
>>6075740
Just get either the Storm Collectibles or the Figuarts, Sota was good for it's time but it is already dated.

>>6075773
(You)
>>
They retailed for $15 or something, wish I'd had the foresight to buy a couple and hold onto them. I had a Balrog and Fei Long but lost them somewhere
>>
>>6075740
You buy every SHF SF figure at release (or even better, you preorder them) to show Bandai interest in the line in hope they'll release more interesting characters.
>>
>>6075740
>>
File: hakan.png (207KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
hakan.png
207KB, 326x500px
You knoe which grappler needs a Figuarts?
>>
File: alex-3s.jpg (664KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
alex-3s.jpg
664KB, 1200x1600px
>>6075975

Yes I knoe.
>>
File: 19385.jpg (68KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
19385.jpg
68KB, 850x1100px
>>6075975
>>6075991
Boy, do I knoe.
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (22KB, 177x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
22KB, 177x400px
>>6075975
>>6075991
>>6076074
>shocked when none of you knoe
>>
File: MarstoriusFHD.jpg (134KB, 485x738px) Image search: [Google]
MarstoriusFHD.jpg
134KB, 485x738px
>>6076092
>>6076074
>>6075991
>>6075975
>living in disbelief when nobody knoes
>>
>>6075991
>>6076092

I'd love Alex and Darun.

>>6076074
Would be cool to get but no thanks to this post-SF4 Capcom outsourced tacky shading bs ver
>>
I still have Birdie as my "whereever I go, I must also rape" guy. But his top half is solid plastic so he's too heavy to stand.
One day I'll crack him open and hollow him out.
>>
>>6075740
I know how you feel man. I wasn't collecting at the time, but I'd see SF figures at TRU all the time. Years later and now I want them. I was lucky to get Birdie, Blanka, Zangief,and Honda at toy shows for a decent price.
>>
Do we know how the Figuarts will scale with the Sota figs?
>>
>>6076193
>capcom game
>>
>>6076872
SoTA were alot more variable with their sizes, but mostly to be accurate with how the different characters are sized between each other. But in any case i think their Ryu/Ken were just taller than 6", so they're in general a tad bigger than 1/12.
>>
buy the knockoffs on wish or geek, good price, good quality for a knockoff
>>
>>6076896
I can't find them on there? link a brother out
>>
>>6075740
>those fei long nips
>>
>>6077452
https://youtu.be/mkAqK4YW474
>>
File: shitlord.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
shitlord.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>6075773
>>
>>6076872
Bigger characters will work, normal sized ones not so much.
>>
>>6076193
DUBBL GERMIN
>>
anywhere I can buy SOTA knockoffs?
>>
>>6076193
Holy shit how long has Bruiser Brody been a SF character??
>>
File: download (1).jpg (18KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
18KB, 253x199px
I was already into figure collecting when Sota had their SF series out. I bought every character they released, and nearly every colour variant. Got the sdcc exclusive 2 packs and the Goukens they released

I have the ReSaurus SF figures aswel.

Resaurus note : A few months after they went bankrupt \ shut shop, I bought some SF figs off eBay. The guy I bought them from messaged me saying he had worked for them in some capacity and if I wanted to buy any more as he had more to sell. He made the auction and I bought them as well. Then he messaged me saying he was selling some series 3 prototypes (which had been shown at some toy shows but didn't get released because they went broke before they could). I didn't have the money at the time because he wanted too much for them. Always wish I could of bought them
>>
>>6075740
Revoltech made some for a shortlived game called Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation or something along those lines, but they're pretty much in the Revolmini scale and some can get hard to find. The new characters introduced in that game actually had some pretty cool designs and they're relatively cheap too.
>>
>>6079917
I bought the Resaurus figures as well during my highschool-college days, I have all the P1 colors of series 1 and 2 but didn't have the chance to get the wizard exclusive Evil Ryu since at that time I just buy figures at the toy section of a department store. I think I saw the prototypes of series 3 on Toyfare, I remember 1 is Guy and the other1 is Guile(?). I used to browse Resaurus' website in our schools dialup connection hoping for new figures of the SF series from them. What I'm wondering up to now is on series 2 it was supposed to be alpha Chun Li which I saw on their site but when series 2 arrived here she was based on SFIII. Do you know what happened to the sudden change? I prefer her default blue costume since it's iconic though. I remember I had a hard time finding Chun Li since I think she is short packed. Akuma too. Necro pegwarmed and I just bought him to complete the line and he was on sale. Charlie I think has two versions besides the costjme color, 1 with glasses 1 without' I bought the 1 with the glasses and just pulled it out so that I can change his looks if I want him with glasses on/off.

On my first check from my first job, I collected the SotA figures, I have all characters in p1 colors and some variants that appeared in game like sunburned Sakura, Shin Akuma, Evil Ryu, Mech Zangief etc. I also bought the SDCC exclusives but didn't but the previews since it is using the Akuma mold and it made Ryu and Ken out of scale, I did bought Dan(pink) since he was on sale on Amazon for $10 years ago.

I hope for S.H. Figuarts to release other SF characters who have yet to have a poseavle figure in any form like Karin, Juri, etc.
>>
>>6080065

I don't know why they switched from alpha Chun Li, probably because the one they released is the classic Chun costume.

Series 3 was Guile, Guy, Bison, Dhalsim and Dan iirc. The seller off eBay sent me a promo pic of them.

When i was younger, before I started collecting figures, I was out shopping with my parents and they took me into a toy shop to get my younger brother something. I seen the ReSaurus series 1 Ryu figure on one of the shelves, and found the Vega and Ken figures behind him. I bugged my parents to buy me them (£9 each they were selling for). My dad said I could have 2, I obviously picked Ryu and Ken. As we were checking out, one of the shop assistants said they had more in the back, and brought out a sealed box with all of series 1 player 2 colours in. I was happy with my Ryu and Ken though.

Years later I actually got into figure collecting, and that's when I realised there was more of them. I think the packaging is some of the best I've seen for a figure series, which is why Ive kept them all moc.

I'll look for some pics of them when I used to have them out (they're boxed up in storage atm). Post some pics of your SF collection.

I have all series 1 player 1 colours, and some player 2 colours, and series 2 player 1 and 2 colours, I got the Evil Ryu figure aswel.

I spent way too much money on the SOTA figures. They started releasing like 6 different colours for characters in their later series though, and they were hard to buy. Different online shops had exclusive colours and stuff, most of them in the US, made it even harder to get them in the UK. I'll try find some pics of those aswel.
>>
>>6080402
How much is the seller's asking price for the prototypes? I googled abit upon reading your post and found some guy have a copy of the prototypes but they were 2-3 times the size of the Resaurus figures. I didn't take a photo of my Reasurus figures yet up to now since when I got them years ago you still need to buy a film and have it developed and I didn't want to get the looks from the employees. They are resting on their own boxes(I opened them) and on the top cabinet of my room so they are a bit(alot) dusty. My Sota clamshells are on the top cabinet at the other side of my room so they too are dusty too but the actual figures are in storage. I can take and post pics tomorrow since I'm about to sleep if you still want to but I'll warn you though that my capturing image decice is crap.
>>
>>6080487
I forgot to mention that I have took pics of my Sota figures(series 1-4) before I put them in storage but I'll need to find it first since it might be on my old desktop/hdds
>>
Man I wish I'd been more responsible as a kid. I have Guile, Jen, Akuma, Fei Long and Balrog. My Fei Long is handless and my Balrog is stuck with the hand wrap wrists. Still got a lot of fun out of them as a kid though, just wish I'd held on to the extra hands in the package
>>
>>6075975
but if it doesn't come with an oily sheen it's trash
>>
File: Street Fighter series 3.jpg (356KB, 2000x913px) Image search: [Google]
Street Fighter series 3.jpg
356KB, 2000x913px
>>6080487

I honestly can't remember how much he wanted for them. It could of been the mold models which they shrink down for the final figures.

Post pics, I like seeing a good SF collection.

This is the pic he sent me
>>
File: DSC00449[1].jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00449[1].jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>6081456
>Post pics, I like seeing a good SF collection.
Hah, they've been inside their box for a decade gathering dust. I'll try to post pics of the Resaurus figures inside their boxes with dust this week since I'm been busy going out due to the holidays.

I see the Resaurus ditched giving the Round 3 figures dyanmic poses and giving them standing poses as much as possible. I kinda hated Ryu's pose since he is in a kinda leaning fighting stance and you can't get him to any other decent pose because of this.

I've the seller offered me this I would have asked if I can pay by installments hehe.

I found a pic(no close up still looking) of my Sota collection on my old Photobucket account. I think I took this shot when Series 4 was still new.

Since this thread is about Street Fighter figures I'll post it here too.

I posted this on the S.H. Figuarts thread >>6082769
>>6082782

And Bandai is going to have a survey on who we want the next character made into S.H. Figuarts.
>>
File: 46tsfcol8.jpg (2MB, 1100x1810px) Image search: [Google]
46tsfcol8.jpg
2MB, 1100x1810px
>>6082998

Sweet collection.

Yeah, I agree with the poses. They were really horrible to display out of packaging, the stand base had pegs in awkward places to slot the figures feet into. Vega was the worst. I think that's why I started keeping most of my figures in their packaging.

I found some old pics from years ago when I lived at home and had my SF figures displayed
>>
>>6083206
Now that's a collection, very nice display! Do you happen to post on the defunct action-figures.com forum years ago? Your pics looks familiar like I think I saw it before there.
>>
File: 1429148113497.jpg (21KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
1429148113497.jpg
21KB, 352x352px
>>6083206
>>
Is there a good place to buy SOTA knock offs?
>>
Is the Midicom Chun-li 2.0 worth picking Up? Can you remove her clothes?

The main thing that's stopping me from getting her is the price for a pretty only figure.
>>
File: CLRAH(7)[1].jpg (65KB, 411x548px) Image search: [Google]
CLRAH(7)[1].jpg
65KB, 411x548px
>>6084118
Don't have her but so I can't comment if the figure is good or not but upon researching, yes you can.
>>
http://www.tamashiinations.com/streetfighter/

So, who are you guys voting for?

I'm going with. Rashid, Juri, and Bison.

Especially Bison.
>>
Ok so I just bought a lot of 20 SOTA street fighters on eBay for 420$. Great condition with all accessories

Good price?
>>
>>6087597
comes up to what, $21 a fig? not too bad if you got no dupes and all in good quality. I've only handled a Dan and a Bison b4, but i was pretty satisfied.
>>
>>6084887
Rashid already has a prototype.
>>
I have these. Tbh I'm thinking of selling the rest and only keeping Ryu Ken Balrog and Chun Li since running out of space for my Legends

I have all except Dan and Honda. Selling the rest for $50 each. Interested?
>>
>>6089760
Yeah, you got a pic of the rest of the figures?
>>
>>6075740
I have SOTA Street Fighter action figures Round 1,2,3, and 4 player 1 colors sealed mint unopened and a bunch that are loose w/ accessories.
>>
>>6075971
Word, look what happened with kinikuman
>>
>>6075975
such a cool look... such a stupid character.
>>
>>6081456
no elbow joints?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.