[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can someone give me an explanation to the Barbie canon? She

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Juegos-de-Barbie.jpg (613KB, 2100x1484px) Image search: [Google]
Juegos-de-Barbie.jpg
613KB, 2100x1484px
So can someone give me an explanation to the Barbie canon?

She has basically every career that exists in the modern world, which seems impossible for someone presumably in their 20s. How does she have every career? That makes no sense. Is it CHIM?

Is Ken her canon boyfriend? Does she have family members? What sort of conflicts are there? What's their backstory like? What interesting concepts does the setting have?

Tell me all about the Barbie lore.
>>
>>6070587
Much like St. Elsewhere, every career and adventure Barbie has had is really just day dreams of an Austistic child
>>
>>6070587
>In her 20s
She was marketed as a 'Teenage fashion model' doll and attends high school so she is 16-18 years old.

Ken is her boyfriend. She is also has best friends Midge, Summer, Nikki, Theresa, Raquelle and Ryan. Conflicts are that Barbie and Raquelle don't get on well and neither do Ken and Ryan as Ryan has a thing for Barbie too.

Barbie has three sisters, Skipper, Stacie and Chelsea. She has more siblings but they seem to have been retconned.

Barbie is from Willows, Wisconsin but moved to Malibu where her Dreamhouse is located.

She has three pets, a horse, a cat and a dog.

And yes, has had every career going to show girls can do and be anything.

Anything else?
>>
>>6070600
>she is 16-18 years old
That makes all those careers even more implausible!

Is there a deepest lore explanation?
>>
>>6070603
not really. There's been so many cartoons and such that there basically is no canon. The vlogs that Mattel produced make her a teenager. LitD places her as an adult living in a world where everyone is borderline insane. The various direct-to-DVD films are just to sell toys.

Ken in the 60s had a hunting outfit with a shotgun, now he's pretty much a whiny beta male with no spine.

LitD tries to make some sort of sense by acknowledging practically everything, sort of hinting at he rbirth year being when the doll debuted, but LitD is actually starring the toys, not a living person, which is why her car needs a giant D battery and why her driver's license is so huge. It also bring up the fact one of her sisters changed names due to a lost trademark. Skipper is the modern brunette emo girl instead of the old blonde version.
>>
I read a book where she married a black toy.

Ken the cuck
>>
>>6070641
Yeah LitD is Toy Story-esque. They're toys and are self aware but are in a toy-only world of sorts. There's jokes about things being plastic etc.

>>6073359
I'm pretty sure that's not an official Mattel book then. The only official time Barbie has dated someone that wasn't Ken was in the 2000s and his name was Blaine, and other than the name he's nearly exactly like Ken.
>>
>>6070587
Barbie intentionally has very little lore because she's meant to be whatever the child playing with her wants. She was originally a teen model (to explain the need for many outfits) and occasionally has part in a story depending on the line (Generation Girls, Life in the Dreamhouse, any of the movie merch) but outside of that is just whatever she's dressed as at the moment.
>>
>>6073359
>spot the /pol/ fag!
>can't help but use his meme terms or get mad at non-whiteness
>ooh he mad at everything
>he's inbred and the thinks Breitbart is actually honest
>>
>>6075225
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>6075486
>I can't follow 4chan post links

clearly not
>>
File: 1464379186248.gif (1MB, 311x240px) Image search: [Google]
1464379186248.gif
1MB, 311x240px
>>6070600
>girl named Skipper
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.