[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which is it? Would SAL be a better idea during this time of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: f28fed292b[1].png (18KB, 354x310px) Image search: [Google]
f28fed292b[1].png
18KB, 354x310px
So which is it? Would SAL be a better idea during this time of year, since as I understand it they fill up some quota of space and it ships when that's full, meaning it fills faster during the holidays? I know ems is fast, but I've never used fedex before for this kind of thing, how does that usually go?
>>
File: omi face.png (410KB, 625x561px) Image search: [Google]
omi face.png
410KB, 625x561px
>>6066488
>FedEx
>>
>>6066488
Sal is like standby tickets, if there's no room you have to wait for the next flight, and there's not time limited so on holidays they will be just be left alone until they have some free time after all the ems, and priority packages and their coffee breaks to maybe take a look at your sal package. you probably wont get it until sometime in mid January
>>
>>6066516
So I'm just completely wrong about SAL, alright thanks.
>>6066511
What's wrong with fedex?
>>
File: robosevelt.jpg (687KB, 842x1024px) Image search: [Google]
robosevelt.jpg
687KB, 842x1024px
>>6066488
>>6066511
>>6066522
As far as I understand it courier is a higher quality service, and that would typically mean it's more expensive. But compared to EMS there it's less, which is throwing me off.
>>
>>6066569
it's fedex economy so it's normally about 1 day or 2 days slower than EMS. also fedex offer business that ships high volume huge discounts. if you are going to ship a huge big box with all your private warehouse stuff from hlj, then fedex is the only way to go.
>>
What is the difference between RSAL and SAL other than limited tracking/insurance?

Are you really just fucked out of whatever you paid if a SAL package gets lost in the mail or whatever?
>>
>>6066639
>What is the difference between
There isn't one, technically. In my experience, SAL seems a tiny bit faster than RSAL. RSAL gets scanned and sometimes this requirement slows down the process at congested locations.
>>
>>6066569
>>6066632
Also I'm pretty sure HLJ has a deal with FedEx or something. Back in 2010 they kicked it off with store-wide free FedEx shipping deal.

People were getting a $100+ Sentai robot that had gone on clearance for about $15 shipped.
>>
>>6066639
>Are you really just fucked out of whatever you paid if a SAL package gets lost in the mail or whatever?
I believe this is the extent of it, yes. Most online shops have big warning notes about their lack of responsibility during the shipping process, and this is why services with insurance are frequently recommended.
That said, I've been very lucky and have never lost a package, though a few have arrived dinged up over the years. No damage to figures or models, just outer boxes. Just don't live in a 3rd world shithole, or in a bad neighborhood.
>>
>>6066639
register part cost 410 yen extra so you can track it, and give you a bit a insurance. so if you choose to just use SAL without tracking then it's all on you.
>>
>>6066632
Though be wary if you live other than the states, fedex will 100% of the time be charged extra fees for customs.

At least with EMS its just a gamble with getting hit with custom. This is coming from someone who lives in canada.
>>
>using SAL during the holidays
you are pretty much asking to get your shit lost or delivered in February
>>
>>6066488
You're right about SAL... in theory. That's how its supposed to work but for some reason, I guess it's because they always have tons of stuff to ship, everything is shipped pretty fast. I've been collecting seriously for almost a decade, received more than 1 000 SAL packages and I always get my stuff in 10 days max (the funny part is that EMS takes longer for me because here every single EMS package goes through customs inspection which takes forever). Oh and not a single lost package either.
>>
Still >>6066767 posting.
I've read stuff like >>6066725 a lot around here but never experienced such issues. My guess is that, since most posters here are from the USA, most of these reported losses are probably USPS or whoever is taking care of the shipments in the USA's fault. I've shipped and ordered tons of shit to and from almost everywhere in the world and every time something got lost, it was shipped to or from the USA.

Of course I'm not saying it never happens in other countries but I'm pretty sure I'm not completely in the wrong here.
>>
>>6066767
That always get your sal stuff in 10 days max sounds a little unreal . Sure there are time when you get them in 7 days but for over a decades?
>>
>>6066829
Yet it's the truth. Last I received was TF MP Inferno. Took 6 days.
>>
>>6066488
Off season I always ordered by SAL, unregistered when I could and shipping times varied from 1 week to 1 and a half month.
When I needed something for christmas I used express and, boy howdy, customs love that shit because they charged me around €40,- import tax on that shit. Still, arrived after a weekend so that was nice.
>>
>>6066767
>>6066776
for sake of completion pal, where in the world are you?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.