[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neat, looks like HLJ is going to implement some kind of points

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: hlj.jpg (195KB, 1198x780px) Image search: [Google]
hlj.jpg
195KB, 1198x780px
Neat, looks like HLJ is going to implement some kind of points system like AmiAmi.

Was checking to see if HLJ had changed their quantity limits on some Figuarts and found an unfinished store credit thing had been added to the shopping cart.
>>
>>6034448
>point system
>warehouse options
amiami btfo
why even use amiami anymore
>>
>>6034853
pre-owned
>>
>>6034853
>why even use amiami anymore
Gee I donno, maybe the item you want sells out at location X, so you go to location Y to get it?

I swear people are truly retarded.
>>
>>6034853
Because I still have AmiAmi points
>>
>>6034872
Y location should be mandarake. Z should be amiami because it zucks my dick.
>>
>>6034853
Cheaper prices :^)
>>
>>6034853
At this point it'll just come down to a competition between prices, which right now Amiami does have an advantage over as well as the fact that you choose shipping when you pay rather than when you order, but HLJ still wins in being able to cancel orders upfrontly and its warehouse option.
>>
>>6034950
Their sale prices are generally more frequent and cheaper than HLJ.
>>
>>6034979
Does HLJ ban you if you cancel too often? I've always been curious but am too chickenshit to try.
>>
>>6034950
Most of the more popular items have had a better discount at HLJ lately, combine that with HLJ's slightly cheaper shipping prices makes AmiAmi my third choice for things.

>>6035033
Nope, their system is all automated so you can cancel all you want. The only thing that you can get you banned is if you ignore payment requests, even then I think some anon went 100 days or something before they actually banned him.
>>
amiami packs items much more securely than HLJ
>>
>>6035061
Not really, every time i've shopped with amiami I get my stuff in excessively large box with a bunch of bunched up paper inside.

HLJ's plastic wrapped to cardboard then glued to the bottom of the box seems safer.
>>
Isn't this old news? I remember gaining points on HLJ in my August order. Maybe clapistan is just slow
>>
>>6034448
I've definitely been trying to shy away from amiami, their no cancellation policy is annoying and the shipping prices are nuts
>>
>>6035066
>HLJ's plastic wrapped to cardboard then glued to the bottom of the box seems safer.
A bigger box that is also thicker combined with layers of paper reinforces the box to absorb kinetic and crushing damage. HLJ is relying on the box alone with nothing to reinforce it, that's not safer. I've gotten heavily abused shipments from both but AmiAmi always survives better. I've also had the shrink wrap rip on me and then stuff was sliding around inside getting scuffed to shit. I care more about the toy than the box but for resale value purposes I don't want the box scuffed raw unless i'm paying $20-30 less during some sale because then i'm not losing money.

That said, AmiAmi has been shipping me a lot of boxes with crushed corners, ripped/bent flaps and bad scuffing. Normally they sell these items as "new item w/box damage" for a discount so it's getting REALLY fucking annoying paying full price for damaged stuff. Shipping box is pristine so I know it happened before shipping.

>>6034979
>At this point it'll just come down to a competition between prices, which right now Amiami does have an advantage over
Depends what line you're talking about. Some of the recent stuff has been more expensive at AmiAmi like the Xenoverse SHF, Revoltech and some other Bandai stuff. They still have a decent sized advantage with figma though. Also HLJ will change shipping methods if you e-mail them but there is really no reason not to use EMS.
>>
>>6034448
are you ready for another underwhelming HLJ sale?
>>
>>6035795
Aren't they always?
>>
>>6035811
No, they've had several really good sales in the past and even just lately. They aren't useful to the people who buy everything day one but if you waited on certain figures you can get them for a good $10-20 cheaper. That's a fucking steal.
>>
>>6035795
I dunno, getting that kawaii MGS REX for 35 bucks was nice.
>>
>>6035811
Not really, thanks to HLJ's sales I have yet to pay full price for a kinnikuman figuarts.
>>
>>6036644
>full price
You know practically every store nowadays has discounts, right?
>>
>>6036657
It's not so much discounts as they don't make Gaijins pay Japanese taxes.
>>
>All these P-bandai Items

WTF is going on
>>
>>6036757
Probably HLJ testing the waters to see if it's viable. I hope they continue.

Any good deals?
>>
>>6036753
what?
HLJ, Amiami, A-E, etc have always had discounts on the Figuarts. You were never paying full price for them to begin with
>>6036768
Monsterarts GMK for about 7000 yen after store credit, seems like it's sold out now
>>
>>6036757
Grabbed the RD FA ZZ Gundam. Thanks man, wouldn't have even checked
>>
>>6036757
On sale for the first time at HobbyLink Japan! This Premium Bandai item is being offered as a one-time-only special purchase. We only have a limited number of this item available, and once it's gone, it's gone!
>>
>>6036657
Yes, but during the sales they have higher discounts.

Come on man, use your brain.
>>
I wouldn't call anything going on right now a sale
most of the shit is barely cheaper than msrp
>>
>>6036860
>says the person who doesn't know what "full price" actually means, like the other anon
>>
>>6036879
Yea, it seems HLJ is giving "bonus store credit" in lieu of the actual discount to the item price.

Having those web exclusives was pretty neat, though.
>>
>>6036888
>says the person being a pedantic bitch.
>>
>>6036895
getting a bit offended there buddy
>>
>>6036892
yeah the bandai exclusives make up for it imo
>>
>>6036917
Nope. Just pointing out the pedantic bitches.
>>
>>6034448

Can anyone tell me when the points get applied to your account?

Can you use them on the shipping or do you only get them after shipping?
>>
>>6037235
After it's paid for and shipped it will be automatically applied to your next order. So you can't use the points till you ship the stuff.
>>
This is a terrible sale. I'm genuinely baffled as to why they would do this. Just picking out one example, the old SHF Michael Jackson is 4050JPY, and you get 1094JPY as a store credit. That's still like $10 more than anyone would reasonably pay for it.
>>
>>6037404
like any sale the good is mix in with the bad.
you missed the awesome bandai premium stuff like the hi-meta r vf-1s, and those robot damashii gundam stuff and gaogaigar option set. you could not find those cheaper anywhere else.
>>
>>6037412
I get that it's cool that they got some p-bandai stuff up there, but there's still basically no good savings for the normal stuff. The store credits aren't even enough to push almost all of the items to typical sale prices.

I think that this might actually be the worst seasonal sale that they've run, at least in recent memory.
>>
>>6037422
This. I also find it rather annoying how it's going to be split up over several weeks. Doubt we will get anymore web shop exclusives either but maybe they will have some figma with web shop bonuses or more P-Bandai stuff.

>>6037412
The web shop exclusive stuff was nice but it went pretty fast, a few even disappeared before the official sale started because there was a 40 minute delay but the sales were available to those manually searching. The prices on everything else are normal and the store credit isn't particularly great, even the 800-1000+ yen. There are shops who do what HLJ is trying to do here much better. How does getting $50 in cash back for figma Void sound? Or $22 in cash back for figma Zelda, Dark Magician Girl and Saber 2.0? Or how about $12 in cash back from Link DX? These aren't shelf warmers like with HLJ, these are hot in demand figures and pre-orders.

Buying unwanted crap just to get 1000 yen doesn't appeal to me at all. Rather buy stuff I want and get rewarded for it.
>>
File: starsocggg1.jpg (142KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
starsocggg1.jpg
142KB, 560x560px
Just getting Premium Bandai stuff at retail and witht he conveniance of HLJ shipping over NY was a nice deal in and of itself, if you where speedy enough. The Star GaoGaiGar option set was effectively half off what it'd take me to try and find it now, although paying over $100 for what's effectively just a jet and a new head isn't exactly a great deal.

the only other thing I regret is not hopping on that Hi-Metl VF-1S; Although I'm getting an arcadia one in the mail literally today so I hesitated, since I doubt I'll focus much on the Hi-Metal scale.
>>
>>6037574
The sale started ontime , you just need to click any item and on the right side of it shows some sales it, click show all sale and you were good to go. You get reward for the little effort. the web exclusive went fast becase the price was great , only the stuff no one wants will last. The hlj credits were a bonus , you should not buy a unwanted item just to get some stupid credit, why would you buy unwanted crap anyways . The price on stuff you dont want should not even matter , the only thing that matters is the price on the stuff you do want.
>>
>>6037574
That Tokyo Otaku Mode sale was actually a glitch that probably won't happen ever again. The figma Void sale was legit though, just a good combination of pre-order discount, a special campaign and bonus TOM points. What happened yesterday though is the Thanksgiving sale (20x points on certain items) bled into the Black Friday sale (20x points on all items) and they didn't correct it fast enough. They might honor the orders but I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled them because getting figma Zelda for $33 before it's even released isn't even reasonable. The current $45 after cash back is definitely what they intended and that makes it slightly cheaper than AmiAmi at the moment unless the exchange rate keeps improving. If the exchange rate takes a huge dive then people who went with TOM will save big.

The major drawbacks to using TOM is you must pay in advance in full and there is no refunds. This applies to pre-orders too. So unless you have tons of money saved up it's not a viable alternative to AmiAmi or HLJ who let you save up over the course of the 3-6 month pre-order period. Also you can cancel on both those sites even though AmiAmi frowns on it.
>>
>>6034448
What's happening with the sale at the moment? I thought they're adding new items daily as the boxes appear greyed out.

Hoping for more P-Bandai stuff...
>>
>>6039496
The greyed out boxes are the days they are not adding new stuff.

So wait till monday.
>>
>>6039504
Ah ok. I had no idea what each the boxes meant. It's going to be a pain in the ass checking in every day.
>>
>>6039512
That's the whole point.
>>
>>6034853
Bonus cute girl pic.
>>
>>6039568
people care about those?
>>
>>6039504
Ah shit that makes everything more clear
>>
Do you think HLJ will be adding any more figuarts to the sale, or is this it?

From memory, I think they used to put things up in batches according to brands so I'm not sure if that's the case here...
>>
>>6039788
No way of knowing. They have so many days in the sale I can't see them not coming back to SHF at some point. The premium stuff is gone though if that's what you are interested in. They already said once it's sold out it's gone for good. Unless someone cancels an order you aren't getting any of those.
>>
How come the sale hasn't rolled over to the 26th yet? It's almost the 27th.
>>
>>6039824
I'm hoping they put some new P-Bandai stuff up, but it doesn't seem likely considering the first day pretty much covered all the major titles people are interested in. Of course, they could be deliberately padding it out...
>>
>>6039826
Yo, you retarded?

See: >>6039504
>>
>>6039824
>I can't see them not coming back to SHF at some point
This is going to be a nightmare to keep track of. I'd much rather they do SHFs one day, Robot Damashiis the next, then Gunpla, Figma and so on. Much tidier that way.
>>
https://hlj.com/2016-nov-28

it's pretty much all gundam stuff , mainly model kits.
>>
>>6041084
Tempted to get that Nu Gundam ver. Ka...
>>
>>6035060
My record's about a year and a half
>>
>>6036757
Looks like they're testing out the viability of carrying TamaWeb/P-Bandai items by ordering small quantities of them to see how they sell. I picked up SHF Kotori as a Christmas gift for a friend just because I want to see this program take off.
>>
File: 1473084600150.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473084600150.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
This is back on sale for under $50.
>>
...almost everything good is just regular prices with the normal everyday discount, plus a bullshit points system.

Figures that a shitty sale like this would happen with the yen properly rebounding for the first time in 2016.
>>
>>6042772
>was 3500 last time
>now it's 5400 with "1080 credit"

Fuck that noise, glad I got him in the previous sale.
>>
>>6042782
Yeah I did too, figured I'd post it in case anyone really wanted it and missed out.

Mine just arrived in the US a couple days ago after no updates for two months, longest I've ever had a package take.
>>
File: Nov_29_BANN06234.jpg (13KB, 240x168px) Image search: [Google]
Nov_29_BANN06234.jpg
13KB, 240x168px
The previous sales were kinda lame because while there are store credits, the actual discounts are kinda lame. But today.....
>HLJ 29th Tue. Sale: Action Figures
>figma, SHF, SAS, Revo, etc. with at least 30-50% discount PLUS additional store credits
FUCK YEAH! Finally got my figma Hulk, figma Gurlukovich, KT Project Skeleton Musha, & SAS Jojo Sticky Fingers. Currently the cheapest time to get them retail-wise. Too bad SHF Shampoo is not on sale (yet).
>>
>>6042780
>>6042853
its kinda weird, some items have the normal everyday discount, but other certainly don't, example are the sentinel iron mans
>>
>>6042861
Well, seeing 29th's batch of sale items, probably not anymore starting today. HLJ probably got the hint that their previous 2 sales days kinda suck.
>>
File: max06429_0_1460527409.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
max06429_0_1460527409.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
>Sale Price: ¥5,315 USD $47.14; €44.56
>You Save: ¥2,278 (30%)
>Bonus Store Credit: ¥532

AmiAmi Cheapest Price DURING Pre-order Period: ¥6,490
Mandarake Cheapest Price For Unopened State: ¥6,000 - ¥6,500
HLJ Total Price Including Bonus Store Credit: ¥4,783
o_o
>Instant Pre-order
Patience paid off, glad I waited out this long for the eventual bargain bin price.
>>
>>6042853
>KT Project Skeleton Musha
This is one I'm considering. Probably won't be able to get it any cheaper.
>>
File: Good dog.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Good dog.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>6042772

Lub this little guy
>>
So..... anyone got any good deals from toady's sale?
>>
>>6043573
Nothing today. I'm holding out hope HLJ will do another round of P-Bandai stuff...
>>
File: IMG_0153.jpg (2MB, 1796x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0153.jpg
2MB, 1796x4032px
>>6042952
>>KT Project Skeleton Musha
Do it. If I wasnt broke I'd get two more.
>>
Anything good today?
>>
>>6047770
Just check yourself, the site is HLJ.com.
>>
File: atat.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
atat.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
> starwars sale

> this cutie patootie is still 9000yen
>>
I was annoyed that points weren't awarded until after the order had shipped. It would've been an excellent opportunity to stack discounts into multiple-item orders otherwise. You know item 1 gets X yen off item 2 which gets X yen off item 3 and so on. The way they have it is pay normal price up front, pay through the nose shipping, wait a week, get a tiny discount, pay through the nose shipping again, etc. I didn't feel like I was getting any savings out of the sale.
>>
>>6049351
Hlj is one of the place with the cheapest shipping. You dont get the reward points until the item is shipped , just like all the other stores. The sale is not just about the hlj credits , thats extra . Dont buy item just to get hlj credit.
Also hlj give you credit not points , which can be used on your next shipping cost too.
>>
>>6049558
Yeah, I didn't buy anything because nothing was really on sale.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.