[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who absolutely love the DBZ Super Battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

File: dbzsbc.jpg (54KB, 379x500px) Image search: [Google]
dbzsbc.jpg
54KB, 379x500px
Am I the only one who absolutely love the DBZ Super Battle Collection series?
>>
>>6027362
Though aware of their faults I still think fondly of them
Never did get that Frieza I would always check out at the comic shop though
>>
>>6027362
they had decent sculpts, it's just that as actual toys they were almost universally awful due to having pretty much no articulation, and they didn't really make good statues either as they have boring poses
>>
>>6027429

yeah I know what you mean but as a kid I enjoyed playing with them a lot. Just made them fly around and beat the everliving shit out of each other.

SSJ Goku is still awesome.

I also liked SSJ Trunks. (the one with the freezer-style/saiyajin uniform)
>>
File: great monkey baby sbc.jpg (538KB, 576x700px) Image search: [Google]
great monkey baby sbc.jpg
538KB, 576x700px
They're pretty solid little toys and I always liked the boxes they came in. Never really understood why they all came with removable shirts (Super Saiyan Goku, sure, but Kid Trunks?). The main thing I didn't like about them was the severe lack of supporting characters, but Irwin fixed that in time.

Remember this guy? I had no idea who he was but they had one at my local comic shop and I wanted him badly. In the late 90s my only window to the later episodes of DBZ and GT were all the crazy looking action figures.
>>
>>6027442

From GT I got Trunks (which included a small Giru figure) and pic related.

I still have SSJ4 boxed, bought back in 1998.
>>
>>6027442
> Great Monkey Baby

Jesus this name makes no sense without context
>>
I liked them and hada bunch, but as soon as the irwin stuff with real articulation started to hit, oh man, that was it.
>>
>>6027445

I had a lot of em back then. Decent sculpt but no articulation. Although it was really fun if you were trying to collect them all. To this day I still think fondly of the SSJ4 Goku my mom got me for Christmas because during that time I never even knew there was a SSJ4 transformation

Worst was the SSJ3 Goku desu
>>
>>6027362

I bought Trunks and Freeza waaaaay back in the day from the back of a Diehard GameFan. I didnt know what the hell they were just that they were cool looking. This was well before they came out here.

I remember getting some of the crappier Mexican ones at a TRU before the SBCs came out. They were on that generic green card. I only remember because I got Janemba. Once the SBCs hit I got them all. It helped I had a Wal-Mart nearby where there were no toy collectors whatsoever.
>>
>>6027362
Loved the whole series and still have many of the figures.
>>
Loved them as a kid when there were no other options. Also probably because I was already desperate for DBZ figures for several years before they came to toy stores once the 'new' Freeza episodes started airing on Toonami.
>>
>>6027439
>Just made them fly around and beat the everliving shit out of each other.
Isn't that kind of what these were made for

Bend the arms the little and bash them together

Pretending it's an epic fight
>>
>>6027362
When did these start hitting comic shops in the US? I'm pretty sure it was around when DBZ was still on WB50, right? I think that was the first American run, before Cartoon Network got anything. The series would always end after the Frieza/Goku battle, just meant that we had to rely on the older kid fans, usually siblings, to somehow procure subbed VHS tapes, though they typically were just the movies.
>>
>>6028005
Same. I still have Trunks and GT Trunks/Giru.

Saved up lunch money, gave it to my dad, who would order it on eBay. But yeah, once Irwin released the androids, I got a more mixed collection.

>>6028162
>>6028286
I'm glad I'm not the only one remembering the series cutting off right after the Ginyu Force was introduced. It aired on UPN for me up to that point too, and when I heard it made it to CN, I had hoped they would go further, but they reran the same thing twice.
>>
>>6027429
I actually think less articulation is better (to a degree) when it comes to playing with toys.

The more articulation you have the more fiddly playing with them comes, and god help you if you were playing alone and wanted to use two toys at once.
>>
>>6028216
This is what most toys were made for.

Most of the movements my figures did happened in my head. Too much articulation can become a pain in the ass.
>>
File: gokuj.jpg (204KB, 680x1224px) Image search: [Google]
gokuj.jpg
204KB, 680x1224px
Still got mine
>>
I own all of them. in original boxes. no pic at the moment
>>
>>6028893

jelly
>>
I have the repainted ssj4 Goku, ssj4 Gogeta, and Making. I never opened them because I thought they'd be worth something some day. Now I just keep them in the box out of habit.
>>
>>6030489
>Making
Majuub. Fucking autocorrect
>>
I had many bootlegs as a kid. Me, my brother and my cousins would live in the 2 dollar stores (only it wasn't dollars) and always get any of the not absolutely shit DBZ toy that we'd find.
>>
File: dbz_mini_figures.jpg (264KB, 903x429px) Image search: [Google]
dbz_mini_figures.jpg
264KB, 903x429px
For me these were the definite Dragonball figures I grew up with. They were about G.I. Joe sized and made of a rubbery plastic. I think some of these came in blind boxes and not in a bubble on card like pic related. They were made by Bandai, but I can't really find more info on them. I had 3, Gogeta, SSJ3 Goku and SSJ Goku. This was way back when only the original Dragonball series was airing in my country and it was killing me that I coulnd't find any figures with black hair...
>>
>>6027442
The Great Monkey Baby is my holy grail.
>>
File: DragonBallBanDai.jpg (54KB, 736x549px) Image search: [Google]
DragonBallBanDai.jpg
54KB, 736x549px
>>6027362
>>6028893

This is such a classic, iconic figure. Can't get more classic than SSJ Goku from the 90s ban dai line.

Also, anybody remember the ones on this pic?
>>
File: dbzjocsa.jpg (178KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dbzjocsa.jpg
178KB, 900x1200px
bump
>>
>>6037785
>Vegeta's armor
kek
>>
File: dbz_jocsa_p.png (226KB, 462x375px) Image search: [Google]
dbz_jocsa_p.png
226KB, 462x375px
>>6038137

That's from the Argentina version of the figures, from 1994.
They also did another more hilarious thing, they released recolored figures of Gohan and Trunks, and sold them as "Goku jr. and Bulma".
They were licensed and all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deKF2a0uRkY?t=1m8s

The regular ones that were basically the first 12 of battle collection are actually faithful in quality to the originals.
>>
File: 20160329_132326.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160329_132326.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I used to collect dbz toys years and years ago and when I started the SBC was the only toys on the market pretty much.
I had every one of them other than the golden oozaro vegeta

I sold most of my collection years ago and the only thing I have left is the movie 7 3 pack ...thinking about selling it... It was rare back then and I don't imagine they made any more
>>
File: 20160329_133425.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160329_133425.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6038571
>>
>>6033074
yeah my nigger i pick those suckers up at a flee market in Florida for 20 albiet i opened krillian up because at the time i didnt know better
>>
>>6042740
>picked
fixed
>>
>tfw saw a shitload of these in some Kmart in like 2004 but I was too busy crying because my younger brother got a Star Wars figure that I wanted too and didn't get any

Was with my wealthy grandparents too so I'm sure I would've gotten several
>>
>>6033074
>>6037785
>tfw I had/have all of these besides Krillin
>>
>>6033074
pretty sure you can still get this shit from mandarake.
>>
>>6028893
>>6027362

Damn solid fig, I used to have it along with Cell and Piccolo. Not sure what happened to them.
>>
>>6033074
FUCK I just nostalgia'd so hard. Had this as a baby and I kept losing and finding the damn tonfas. Definitely lost the tail WAAAAY early though.
>>
File: x9sOwXp.jpg (1001KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
x9sOwXp.jpg
1001KB, 2592x1944px
bump
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.