[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, the DC animated line, what happened to it? Are we still getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 20

So, the DC animated line, what happened to it? Are we still getting Livewire and Terry McGuiness?
>>
It's still happening as far as I know. Superman and Lois are a two pack next year I think? We might actually see a Jax-Ur and Mala if things keep going the way they're going.
>>
>>6025253
DCC delayed a lot of their stuff recently. The store that I work at just got the BTAS Batwing and Firefly in so stuff is still coming out, just not as fast.
>>
>>6025314
DCC may as well stand for Delay 'Cause China.
>>
>>6025253
Some of those heads look too big
>>
>>6025253
We're getting them, but somehow DCC has become even worse than Mezco for missing release dates. They used to be rock solid on dates before the transition to primarily 6" figures. It's gotten to the point where people see "Q2" announced at con premiers and know that it really means "Q4".
>>
>>6025413
Supergirl looks ludicrous. Harley's only off because they used the figure of her original design instead of the New Batman Adventures one where all the girls got big heads.
>>
File: IMG_5718.jpg (43KB, 371x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5718.jpg
43KB, 371x249px
>>6025928
Not to mention SG has a serious man-jaw...
>>
>>6026063
>>6025928
I only give a shit about Livewire
>>
I'll get batman and Harley Quinn out of love for the show. But the joints suck on those things to a point where it's not okay.
>>
>>6025928
Even compared to the animation it looks too big. Pretty sure Batgirl's head wasn't bigger than her entire torso in the show.
>>
Does SG have no crotch articulation, or is that a shitty rubber skirt that will inevitably rot off?
>>
File: dcau figures.png (8KB, 261x448px) Image search: [Google]
dcau figures.png
8KB, 261x448px
>>6025253
>>
>>6027301
You're about twenty years too late with that observation. Oh, who am I kidding? You weren't even born when BTAS was on air, so I'm sure that joke seems fresh to you.
>>
>>6027301
>Implying Bruce Timm isn't one of the greatest designers.

>>6027306
>You weren't even born when BTAS was on air, so I'm sure that joke seems fresh to you.

This.
>>
>>6027306
>it was ok to design it like this 20 years ago so its ok now
ok
>>
>>6027317
>>Implying Bruce Timm isn't one of the greatest designers.

i wish i could draw the same thing over and over again and be considered the greatest.
>>
>>6025253
>>6026063
Supergirl looks like Egoraptor's wife
>>
File: hqpic.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqpic.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>6027319
>implying art ever becomes outdated
I wish.
People still gush over shit like this
>>
>>6027320
If you weren't a NEET and had some kind of skill people appreciate maybe you could do something great.
>>
File: BLbmo9zjPXk.jpg (265KB, 1080x704px) Image search: [Google]
BLbmo9zjPXk.jpg
265KB, 1080x704px
I would love to collect these but it sucks that they caked on paint instead of just casting them in the desired colors.

Did they ever make a Clayface?
>>
>>6027504
>Did they ever make a Clayface
Yeah, but it's not released yet. Maybe in 2019 or 2023.
>>
>>6027338
>Egoraptor's wife cosplaying as supergirl
I'd fuck her
>>
>>6027339
>People still gush over shit like this
These people are called morons.
>>
>>6027478
Of fuck off, even artists who make it big hate shit like that, like those cunts who make 1 mill off painting a giant canvas fucking blue of all things.

They regularly rip on Liefeld and Jim Lee for generally not improving once they hit a niche.
>>
>>6027339
Modern art is like pogs or Pokemon cards for the very rich. Even if they don't like it or play the game, they still have to buy it to bullshit about it in front of their friends.
>>
Firefly doesn't have ankle rockers, right?

He's one of my favorite designs.
>>
File: genosha troops.jpg (80KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
genosha troops.jpg
80KB, 480x480px
>>6028566
>hating on Jim Lee
Fucking loser.
You can't hate one of the greatest comic artists of all time.
>>
>>6029166
I wouldn't even call him top 15.
>>
File: xmen swim suit edition.jpg (138KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
xmen swim suit edition.jpg
138KB, 500x372px
>>6029167
>not top 5
It's like you dont even read comics or care about the most recognizable designs ever.
>>
>>6028566
>Of fuck off, even artists who make it big hate shit like that

Point to one artist "who ma(d)e it big" who said that Bruce Timm was shit.

>They regularly rip on Liefeld

No, internet autists and people who don't know jack shit about art or comics and want to look like they're "in the know" rip on Liefeld.

>and Jim Lee

Lol wut.
>>
i-i like J. scott campbell, i just wish he did nudes
>>
>>6027301
Fucking accurate. Timm was good once, but he became a parody of himself and devolved into Bruce Template.
>>
>>6029208
>>6029166
You are retarded, people still in the industry who make dough shit on him behind closed doors. He's not even that great of an artist, I respect whaat he did to get where he is, but don't act like he revolutionized comics, he was merely part of a fad and the group he was a part of took advantage and rode that wave like a 5$ hooker.
>>
>>6029256
Literally anyone in the industry, which you'd know about if you had any artistic merit of your own. Since you don't you don't get to see where my dirt comes from.

Why you go to a con an ask your favorite artists what they think of Liefeld and jim lee? You'll unanimously get a "he's a nice guy but not a good artist" and "overatted artist" for jimmy boy.

But you wouldn't know about any of this, because you're an autistic little nobody with no idea aobut what makes art good.
>>
We better get Batman Beyond. I preordered it.
>>
File: SDCC DC 2003.jpg (57KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
SDCC DC 2003.jpg
57KB, 500x332px
>>6033174
>>6033169
>getting this mad over Jim Lee
Did he once review your portfolio and say you needed more time practicing or something?

I don't know what conventions you go to, but he still garners a full panel in most west coast conventions he actually manages to be in.
>>
File: dune 2.jpg (115KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
dune 2.jpg
115KB, 640x512px
>>6029166
Wait a minute...
>>
File: Genosha-Magistrates-X-Men-a.jpg (121KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
Genosha-Magistrates-X-Men-a.jpg
121KB, 500x459px
>>6033921
Sorta kinda based on Appleseed's bunny rabbit.

Also, Xtinction Agenda featured this monobike hotness.
>>
>>6033174
Linkara, pls. Leifield is a cool guy and Image has good runs
>>
>>6033908
I gotta back my brother up here. Jim Lee sucks. He's technically proficient but he doesn't have a sense of composition. If he was inking one of the old greats it'd be beautiful but keep him off pencils
>>
>>6029166
>>6029208
Do you even have the slightest inkling of how technically proficient and masterful people like Moebius, Curt Swan, and Alex Toth were? Or living artists like Gerhard, Art Adams, Brain Bolland, and Dave Gibbons?

Jim Lee is DeviantArt level compared to them and dozens upon dozens of other artists. I wouldn't even place him in the top 75, and we're talking strictly comics from the west.
>>
File: omega red.jpg (168KB, 607x791px) Image search: [Google]
omega red.jpg
168KB, 607x791px
>>6035182
>my opinion > yours
I liked it better when that guy was implying because industry people dislike his art, that means that it carries more weight.

Also, Jim Lee pretty much copied Art Adam's style.

Still doesn't change the fact that Jim Lee is still one of the most influential and popular artists of all time
>>
>>6035610
>one of the most influential and popular artists of all time
Nnnyeah, no. It's not a fact, because it's an opinion generated from complete lack of knowledge.

He was a popular blip on the X-Men, then he petered away on his own shitty titles like WildCATS, then he came onto DC and was gifted titles where he... showed zero improvement over more than a decade's span.

What's his level of influence, exactly? You can't even call Lee's run on X-Men the most defining period for the characters, and that's his entire claim to fame. Name a story line that he pencilled during his famous early 90s X-Men run that was anywhere near as incredibly defining as Byrne's numerous story lines. Jim Lee is known for a single X-Men cover and an outfit for Cyclops, and everything else is completely forgettable.

On the other hand: Curt Swan defined Superman, the most iconic superhero in existence, for 3 decades. He was so incredibly important that he wrote the swan song for pre-Crisis Superman. THAT is influence, and a decades-spanning run on a flagship mega icon title spanning two distinct ages of comics is proof of popularity.
>>
File: punisher armor jim lee.jpg (247KB, 700x1056px) Image search: [Google]
punisher armor jim lee.jpg
247KB, 700x1056px
>>6035626
You're trying to equate good stories with great art.
John Byrne's stuff stands out more because of what XMen was doing at the time. By the time Jim Lee got into XMen, Chris Claremont was tiring out and seemed to be wanting to end it (magneto's death, shadow king's, etc).

WildCATS was pretty lame until Moore took over, or rather, that one guy whose name i can't remember who took them back to their home planet. Even then, it's just wildcats, ho hum.

>Jim Lee is known for a single X-Men cover and an outfit for Cyclops, and everything else is completely forgettable
LOLOL
Sorry, but you're being fucking dumb and purposely ignore the fandom for his art.
Also, there are very few artists who have more toys based on their art than Jim Lee does. Bruce Tim and Mike Mignola are two, for very good reasons.
>>
I neeeeed harlequin...
>>
>>6035639
So... first it was art proficiency, then when that got shot down it was influence, then when that got shot down it was popularity, then when that got shot down it was amount of toys made.

If you were smart (you're not, so this is going to be one of those types of deals where you ignore what I'm about to say, double down on retardation, and truly believe that you have even a shred of hope in not looking like a complete dumbfuck) you would kind of understand where this trend is going. Why?

Let's shoot down what you just said, as quickly as possible. You say few artists have had more figures made based on one's art than Lee. So... Where? What figures are *specifically* made to emulate his ART, not his costume designs? See the distinction I'm drawing here? Figures made to represent an art style, versus just the costumes designed by the artist? Don't worry, the latter is set up at the end to also prove you wrong. Just wait for it.

I can show you dozens upon dozens of DC Direct/Collectible figures that were made specifically to look like the character jumped off the comic page in a purposeful emulation of a specific artist's style. Dodson, Swan, McGuiness, Bolland, on and on and on. The DKR and Dredd One:12's by Mezco, and also 3A's Dredd stuff. Hell, at this point Neca has even made a few comic characters that are styled specifically after one artist's style. Plus the aforementioned Hellboy figures from Mezco. Plus a few Spider-Man Classic figures made to emulate J Scott Campbell, Todd McFarlane, Mike Weiringo, and several others.

But, uh... Please, feel free to point out the oodles of figures that were made in Jim Lee's art style. You know... not his costume designs. Which, you may have realized by now, would mean that once again somebody like Byrne, and Ditko, and Kirby, and a whole litany of artists would have an insurmountable number of figures more than Lee representing the costumes they designed.

So now that the amount of toys made got shot down...
>>
>>6029166
>Jim Lee

He's good for slash pages/posters but as a storyteller he's shit. See >>6029208

All his characters look the same and have the same generic bodies.

>>6029166
>>6029208

I find it convent that you're posting 20+ year old pics to prove your point. He was mediocre back then and is even worse now.

>>6033908
>he still garners a full panel in most west coast conventions he actually manages to be in

That just proves there are lots of people with with really bad taste. I went to one of his panels just to hear about the new direction of DCComics but I had zero interest in seeing him at the panel cause of his art.

>>6035610
>Jim Lee pretty much copied Art Adam's style.

That is beyond hilarious. He looks nothing like AA.

>>6035626
>What's his level of influence, exactly?

Not a fan of Lee but he did inspired a whole generation of artists ...to produce really bad art. The amount of Jim Lee clones that came out in the 90's was pathetic and quite hard on the eyes. In the end it made Lee's work look even worse than it already was. A few of his clones actually were better than him.

In reality, I'd say Mark Silvestri was more influential than Lee. He's the artist Lee tried to copy. His early stuff was pretty groundbreaking at the time.
>>
File: Lee Kubert JLA Batmans.jpg (49KB, 576x407px) Image search: [Google]
Lee Kubert JLA Batmans.jpg
49KB, 576x407px
>>6035953
>first it was art proficiency
WTF are you talking about?
There was no first, second, or third. You're making this shit up in your head, because you can't read or want to create a strawman.
> What figures are *specifically* made to emulate his ART
As i said, tons. This is one of many, which you seem to know jack shit about because you're pretty fucking ignorant instead of just playing dumb like i thought you were.

>>6036023
>I find it convent that you're posting 20+ year old pics to prove your point
Well, for one, it just shows how popular he is in that his old art is still being talked about and raved. For two, i like the XMen more than DC.
>That is beyond hilarious.
Geez, ignorance is so common. Not only is Jim Lee frequently compared to him, but he's been interviewed many times and mentioned him as influencing his style.
>>
>>6036370
>As i said, tons
No, you said:

>>6035639
>there are very few artists who have more toys based on their art than Jim Lee does
Which implies a rarity that sets him above his peers in the professional comic book industry.

Which in fact is wrong.

Because DC Direct/Collectibles has been doing what they're doing for almost 20 years now and Lee is not special in any sense amongst their products. When you say "very few", did you actually mean "he is one of roughly 40 different artists featured in one specific company's line of limited release toys, and in a larger toy industry-wide sense is one of an even bigger group of artists whose work is produced in toy form"? Because that is an accurate statement that portrays exactly where he stands.

So unless you want to drop the standard by which you place him and just place him as "best" when compared to absolute nobodies, cool. I imagine you'll start to count beginner professional comic artists and webcomic artists and Deviant Art artists in the running contention for potential "greatest comic artists of all time" (as you said in >>6029166 ).

You're full of complete shit and for the 5th consecutive time have been spanked incredibly hard with literally no effort. This is getting to the point where I pity you more than correct you.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2116x1997px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2116x1997px
you knoe who needs a figma. Also this is an character designed by a Japanese lady published in an America comic
>>
File: Jim Lee's XMen.jpg (38KB, 289x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jim Lee's XMen.jpg
38KB, 289x400px
>>6036430
>DC Direct/Collectibles has been doing what they're doing for almost 20 years now and Lee is not special in any sense amongst their products.
Way to ignore the core point: very few artists who have more toys based on their art.
Yes, there are plenty of other artists who had toys series made for their artwork, but Jim Lee has way more. Again, you completely miss the point and try to argue something else.
BTW, he was one of the very first to get a toy series done after his style.

>This is getting to the point where I pity you more than correct you.
You make arguments out of thin air, just to proclaim yourself the winner. Pity yourself.
>>
>>6027532
Don't even joke, I've been waiting forever
>>
>>6035953
Jim Lee style MU Wolverine.
>>
File: MLSpun-8.jpg (415KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
MLSpun-8.jpg
415KB, 1024x682px
>>6035953
>>6040421
Jim Lee Punisher.
>>
>>6040422
Most pics on google has his face in partial darkness, so here's an unshaded one to show that the figure does indeed emulate the way Lee does the face, not just the costume.
>>
File: 02-2.jpg (60KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
02-2.jpg
60KB, 600x705px
>>6040376
Don't hold your breath
>>
>>6033174
>Insider information

>from going to artist's tables at cons

lol
>>
>>6035182
>Implying because you like Jim Lee you have no idea who any other artist is.
>>
File: Jim_Lee_In_artists_alley.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Jim_Lee_In_artists_alley.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
>>6041627
Never been to a big convention? Or at least a convention that's close to where people actually enjoy first world luxuries?

That guy's point is all shit though.
>>
>>6041633
>Never been to a big convention?

Yes.

>Or at least a convention that's close to where people actually enjoy first world luxuries?

Negro, I live in Orlando.

>That guy's point is all shit though.

Which was my point in laughing at him because he thinks talking to artists at their tables at a convention where they put on a public face to someone they are going to forget as soon as they leave the table means they're part of some super secret club.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.