[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello again, /toy/. I want to start making toys at some point.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hello again, /toy/.
I want to start making toys at some point. Would any of you know in-depth guides about joints, the types, their applications and pros/cons?
Or any material on making toys, for that matter.
>>
>>6022370
Build gunpla. Depending on the grade it ranges from typical articulation to some batshit insane engineering that plays chicken with plastic's stress limits.
>>
>>6022370
The most difficult part is to have the proper material since ABS or PVC need heat and pressure. For diy project you better use urethan resin but it's not as solid as other plastics.
>>
>>6022370
Just collect at least one example from as many lines as possible is the best way to research different articulation methods. Right now, I'd say that the easiest joints to implement would be Revoltech and Figma, and the best for range of motion would be Bandai's SHF, while their model kits have been relatively well-hidden. Every case has different materials, though, so take >>6023223 advice.
>>
>>6022370
I always wanted to make sofubis based on my drawing but it is expensive to pay a factory to produce them. It is a investment that i can't afford.
With the magic of internet you can make a proof of concept and make people pay before the figs are produced. But if it is just a hobby it's not worth it.
You can check different hardness of urethan resin. Check for the "shore scale", there are the D scale (hard) and the A scale (soft/rubber). Make a fig with a resin that is more A than D can make something more durable. Take a look at Smooth On products.
>>
>>6022383
>>6023324
I have no problem with the concept of learning by myself from observation, but that would cost me a lot due to importing.
>>
>>6022370
Hello friend.
>>
>>6023223
I do have a little experience with urethane, as I intend to make a few keshi toys, but only the rubber form.

>>6023741
Can you show your stuff? I'm the op of the keshi/sofubi thread, I love that kind of shit.
Don't think there's anyone in /toy/ dedicated enough to steal concepts.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.